• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Sayah

Can I get some recommendations for what I should use for Tekken Tunes? Need some energetic, empowering fightan music.

I just bought all the DLC music and use stuff from each Tekken game for the most part. Tekken's already got so much energetic music.

But I have also used these tracks in the past:
F-Zero GX - Lightning
F-Zero GX - Port Town
Virtua Fighter 5 FS - Deep Mountain (keep listening, it gets more energetic towards the end).

Not what you're looking for but the Venice Rooftops remix from SoulCalibur V can be fitting for a lot of stages (Italy stage, Spain stage, Snow Castle, Moonlit Wilderness stage, etc).

Manbig

Can I get some recommendations for what I should use for Tekken Tunes? Need some energetic, empowering fightan music.

KOF music has been working out well for me. Other than that, I recommend some Japanese pro wrestling tracks. They are pretty much designed to get you hype as fuck for the match ahead. Here are some examples (complete with awesome video packages):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgQuG4daDI8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkiOGBL78aQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tInBe24dj84 (I'm still fucking pissed that they gave JayCee his lariat)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk-MWpLc_tk

EDIT: Forgot to add this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKI8cfEAooo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro68ESUbUcM

I had fun tonight.

ekbHx3t.jpg

X8s3Fhl.jpg

Apparently I am not a true fighting gamer. Also, going through my messages it turns out I've played him before several months ago.

Been a while since someone messaged me. Always feels good.

fatalexe

Sigh. Trying to rank up at lower ranks is a nightmare. you get people who create alt accounts with massive 40 win streaks or crazy spamming players which question your motive of playing the normal way.

or maybe I'm just bad at this game. I mean I love the game, I mean I played this for more than 7 months with 500 games played but I'm still stuck at Disciple with a 30% win rate. Should probably accept that I'm at my limit. BDC, spacing, I understand it all but just can't execute it. I enjoy watching pros play like GreenArcade stream and MainMan.

Sorry for ranting..

Sigh. Trying to rank up at lower ranks is a nightmare. you get people who create alt accounts with massive 40 win streaks or crazy spamming players which question your motive of playing the normal way.

or maybe I'm just bad at this game. I mean I love the game, I mean I played this for more than 7 months with 500 games played but I'm still stuck at Disciple with a 30% win rate. Should probably accept that I'm at my limit. BDC, spacing, I understand it all but just can't execute it. I enjoy watching pros play like GreenArcade stream and MainMan.

Sorry for ranting..

I know what you mean. It's not for lack of experience, with players like SpeedKicks becoming godly in a few short months. I guess we just don't have it in us.

But I don't really care any more because it's still so much fun.

Sayah

@Famicom - Hatemail is the best thing you can get. :)

Sorry for ranting..
You're not ranting.

When I'm on PS3 again, I'll do online practice.
I know I've been missing messages so I apologize to anyone that sent an invite and I didn't reply in time.

Sorry for ranting..

It's definitely rough, especially at this point in the game when a large chunk of the noobs have left, but try not to get too distressed about it. I was also around the 30-40% mark around 500 games and all you can do is grind it out, study up and learn from your mistakes. One of the best things you can do is play with someone a LOT, preferrably around your skill level that also wants to level up. It's crazy hard to learn matchups solely through ranked because of the huge roster and huge variety in styles of play. Pin down things one bit at a time.

I joined in at launch and was fortunate enough to hook up with GAFers that gave a shit and liked to play as much as I did. I'm pretty OK at the game now lol, still a long ways to go though.

I know what you mean. It's not for lack of experience, with players like SpeedKicks becoming godly in a few short months. I guess we just don't have it in us.

But I don't really care any more because it's still so much fun.

Speedkicks shouldn't be the bar your measure yourself against. He's a kid genius (already done with college and he's not even 20) and plays in arguably the deepest and most competitive Tekken scene in the country. Plus he played a ton of T6 online. He wasn't new to the game, only the competitive scene.

Speedkicks shouldn't be the bar your measure yourself against. He's a kid genius (already done with college and he's not even 20) and plays in arguably the deepest and most competitive Tekken scene in the country. Plus he played a ton of T6 online. He wasn't new to the game, only the competitive scene.

Oh, I always thought this was his first Tekken. Maybe when Tekken 7 comes around I'll be half as good as he was in Tag 2. :p

GrayFoxPL

Sorry for ranting..

It's tough man. Depends on a day you'll meet reranks who'll build up broken egos but I also find regular 45% - 60% win players. I'm myself at 52.2% in like 6500 fights and getting 0.1% means to win 10-15 fights. So don't worry about percentages and play at your pace. I can't bdc, wave dash, low parry properly and I'm still able to win sometimes with much better players by just reading the flow of match.

Chin up!

av2k

Ggs to nailbomb! Always nice to fight another mishima player :)

I really enjoyed fighting your aggressive style, always would get me with some well timed things.

Ggs to manbig as well, hope to play you again soon!

sasuke_91

GGs Famicom. The lag was a bit worse this time, but I got used to it after a few matches.
Your Dragunov is pretty cool, but if you think backdash and counter makes you a true fighting gamer then you sadly mistaken because going head on is the ultimate strategy in any fighting game.

Sorry, that was bad^^ But seriously, I like your style, it actually forced me to be a bit more aggressive.

Manbig

I really enjoyed fighting your aggressive style, always would get me with some well timed things.

GGs boss. I promise to put up a better fight next time.

Christ, you are just on another level compared to me. You're pretty damn good, I did enjoy the games though, even if I couldn't win lol.

Manbig

So I was digging through some old favorited videos of mine, and saw this gem with terrible music and editing:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9n4uv_knee-tekken-5-dr-final-comeback-and_videogames

If you wanna see how terrifying Bryan in 5.0 and DR could be, that's a pretty nice compilation that shows it all right there.

- That old 3+4 that was safe on block, and incredibly hard to whiff punish. It also gave him wall splat on normal hit and had a ton of range.

- Taunt tracked well, which means he never needed commit with a dash for him to taunt over you during oki. He could just throw it out and cancel it to a d4 on reaction if he didn't see you teching.

- 5.0 b1 still gave juggle on normal hit.

- Jet upper was i13

Just an all around terrifying character to fight versus.

Watching your own replays really puts things in perspective. I don't realize in the moment how stupid some of my plays are. Blocking that Kazuya kick string with all the pushback and then doing a backsway blow (which whiffs of course). Like, honestly, I can't imagine why I thought that would be a good idea.

That's just one example. I need to use my brain more. Seems like sometimes I just do the first move that pops into my head, lol.

Fuck every character in the game except for Ganryu.

I dunno. Ganryu has some annoying lows.

sasuke_91

So I was digging through some old favorited videos of mine, and saw this gem with terrible music and editing:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9n4uv_knee-tekken-5-dr-final-comeback-and_videogames

If you wanna see how terrifying Bryan in 5.0 and DR could be, that's a pretty nice compilation that shows it all right there.

- That old 3+4 that was safe on block, and incredibly hard to whiff punish. It also gave him wall splat on normal hit and had a ton of range.

- Taunt tracked well, which means he never needed commit with a dash for him to taunt over you during oki. He could just throw it out and cancel it to a d4 on reaction if he didn't see you teching.

- 5.0 b1 still gave juggle on normal hit.

- Jet upper was i13

Just an all around terrifying character to fight versus.

Well look at that, Knee abuses Bryan's Knee the most :D

Watching your own replays really puts things in perspective. I don't realize in the moment how stupid some of my plays are. Blocking that Kazuya kick string with all the pushback and then doing a backsway blow (which whiffs of course). Like, honestly, I can't imagine why I thought that would be a good idea.

That's just one example. I need to use my brain more. Seems like sometimes I just do the first move that pops into my head, lol.

I have the same problem. I rarely watch a replay where I think that I did everything right.

But you have electrics. NO EXCUSES!

There's a great chance that my electrics would wiff/get interrupted by stupid crushes and dumb low launchers. Ontop of that, if I play on a stage with walls I am basically RIPeroni because it is too hard to do spacing against a Nanna player that plays like a fly that won't get out of your face. Then, one launcher carries me to the wall. I just don't know how to deal with their shit. Nerf pls.

av2k

There's a great chance that my electrics would wiff/get interrupted by stupid crushes and dumb low launchers. Ontop of that, if I play on a stage with walls I am basically RIPeroni because it is too hard to do spacing against a Nanna player that plays like a fly that won't get out of your face. Then, one launcher carries me to the wall. I just don't know how to deal with their shit. Nerf pls.

Fundamentally, your meat and potatoes vs the William's should be the fastest move in the game: The 10 frame Jab.

(shut up guys, I know Yoshi's flash and Kuni's ff+4 are truly the fastest moves in game -_-)

If a sister jabs you, you take little damage + potential standing mix up (which you have in your arsenal as well) but if you jab a sister, they suffer respectable damage(that is also confirmable), fall to the ground, and is opened up for mix ups. Not to mention 112 beats out d/f+1,2 which I'm assuming is the bulk of what's causing you trouble.

As for getting crushed, that's you becoming too predictable. Imagine when a crush is coming and check them with a mid OR just wait and see what they do and build a consensus in your mind as to how to approach them.

Anywho, that's all I have for now since I'm on lunch break (I'm a corporate slut :() if you need anymore tips, pm me!

Williams have...crush moves?????

Oh, Ganryu is annoying to fight, especially his lows. Honestly, 90% of the roster is annoying to fight in some way, shape and form. Lars, Bob, Mishamas, Alisa, Xiayou, Kunimitsu, Laws, Lili and the list goes on. At least the Williams are rare to fight, at least to my experience. If I had a quarter every time I saw or fought a Mishima, Lars, Law or Bob, I would be rich.

Top Bottom