• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

AAK

I still personally think they're holding back from showing any gameplay until December.

So I was digging through some old favorited videos of mine, and saw this gem with terrible music and editing:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9n4uv_knee-tekken-5-dr-final-comeback-and_videogames

If you wanna see how terrifying Bryan in 5.0 and DR could be, that's a pretty nice compilation that shows it all right there.

- That old 3+4 that was safe on block, and incredibly hard to whiff punish. It also gave him wall splat on normal hit and had a ton of range.

- Taunt tracked well, which means he never needed commit with a dash for him to taunt over you during oki. He could just throw it out and cancel it to a d4 on reaction if he didn't see you teching.

- 5.0 b1 still gave juggle on normal hit.

- Jet upper was i13

Just an all around terrifying character to fight versus.

I love these retrospectives you do :)

BTW did you manage to get the stick working yet?

GrayFoxPL

If there's location test wonder if we get 240p 12fps camera vids or something better.

Unless Harada will be standing beside arcade with a shotgun.

Doomshine

Finally found another decent partner for Dr. B so I'm dropping Lars. I don't know what it is about his playstyle but it just never clicked for me. Didn't like launch punishing with f+1+2 and I also didn't like that 1 and f1 were different moves.

Manbig

I still personally think they're holding back from showing any gameplay until December.

I love these retrospectives you do :)

BTW did you manage to get the stick working yet?

Yep working great so far. I'm probably gonna see about modding the stick for PS4 for T7, but for now, I'm sticking with controller. Too much of a headache to practice stick at this point. I am able to play VF again though.

Thanks a lot man.

AAK

Yep working great so far. I'm probably gonna see about modding the stick for PS4 for T7, but for now, I'm sticking with controller. Too much of a headache to practice stick at this point. I am able to play VF again though.

Thanks a lot man.

Hey man, it was a pleasure! Lemme know if you need anything in the future again :) And that goes to everyone in this thread. You're all my brothers (and sisters if we have any female lurkers :p). Here's to hoping Namco will include a driver to use PS3 arcade sticks for PS4... but it's looking super unlikely... That is honestly the biggest deterrent for me right now from getting a PS4 and just using that money to get a current gen capable PC... Only thing that's still holding me back is if VF/SC/DOA will all still remain console exclusive :(

I'll finally jump on the PS3 again this weekend hopefully. Would love to play against Tekken GAF again (but I'll be super rusty :p)

GrayFoxPL

Hey man, it was a pleasure! Lemme know if you need anything in the future again :) And that goes to everyone in this thread. You're all my brothers (and sisters if we have any female lurkers :p). Here's to hoping Namco will include a driver to use PS3 arcade sticks for PS4... but it's looking super unlikely... That is honestly the biggest deterrent for me right now from getting a PS4 and just using that money to get a current gen capable PC... Only thing that's still holding me back is if VF/SC/DOA will all still remain console exclusive :(

I'll finally jump on the PS3 again this weekend hopefully. Would love to play against Tekken GAF again (but I'll be super rusty :p)

Me and Sasuke are actually young school girls, so please be gentle fighting us! xxxooo

I hope my old usb pc pad works with PS4, I heard that simple pads work with PS4, is this true?

Tekken PC will probably bring 2 things:

1. Day 2 hacks. Enjoy infinite health online.

2. Nude mods. Get ready to embrace Heihachi's Flaccid God Fist. Also hellsweeps with swinging balls never looked so natural.

I doubt they'll make another Tekken PC after Harada sees million of downloaded torrents with it.

Other fighting games have done fine on PC without any hack concerns. Nude mods are inevitable. Harada plays PC games and BamNam has dipped their toes in the PC waters; I don't see them being scared off by that stuff. The console environment isn't the save haven of riches it once was. If you're making a big title worthy of these current-gen consoles, it's near foolish to pass up on some PC money.

Architecture used to be an excuse, but now game development is largely the same on all platforms. Piracy used to be an excuse, but Steam and other digital platforms have made it super easy and cheap to obtain games legally. Audience may still be an excuse, but Tekken is a large enough IP to create a 3D fighting game fanbase on PC. Besides, Capcom fighters are there. SNK fighters are there. ArcSys is gearing up. Other BanNam fighters are there. Tekken will do fine.

GrayFoxPL

Not saying they shouldn't give it a shot.

Just ,maybe unfairly, predicting it's gonna be a mess at every step.

Well, we'll see. You guys can throw Alisas at me if it becomes best version ever.

AAK

I have no idea how mods work... leave that stuff to all the hackers, too scared to get my hands dirty before I screw something up.

Only thing that's important to me is that I spent a lot of money changing the parts to the sticks I have right now and I DO NOT want to spend another $200 when you include shipping for another arcade stick that doesn't have any extra functionality.

Sony has now put the responsibility of peripheral functionality to the developers now to include the drivers within the game software... and the ONLY developer that has publically said they're trying to make the arcade stick drivers work for their game is Lab Zero with the PS4 version of Skullgirls. Unfortunately Bandai Namco probably has licenced Arcade Sticks made by Hori/MCZ that they want sold for the extra $$$.

Normally I would stick to consoles just because it's so convenient to know that you have a machine that is competitively priced and you have the assurance that the game you're playing is completely optimized for that machine. But being a FG player that uses stick the PC is gradually, gradually increasing its appealing with the consumer-friendly traits compared to the direction consoles are going. :/

av2k

I would absolutely recommend a PC. It's not as scary as people make it out to be in terms of price and putting a machine together. I was a complete noob at first but the parts that you put together and the bajillion video tutorials on youtube makes it super easy to do. :)

Fun fact: PS1 Tekken 3 online was on PC before Dark resurrection online was released.

sasuke_91

Me and Sasuke are actually young school girls, so please be gentle fighting us! xxxooo

Hey, don't include me! :D
We never played with voice-chat, so you don't know that I always scream "Kyaa~!" when someone launches me. Be gentle, Onii-chan.

2. Nude mods. Get ready to embrace Heihachi's Flaccid God Fist. Also hellsweeps with swinging balls never looked so natural.

Opponents closing their eyes or barfing all over the floor -> instant win! I like the idea.

Normally I would stick to consoles just because it's so convenient to know that you have a machine that is competitively priced and you have the assurance that the game you're playing is completely optimized for that machine. But being a FG player that uses stick the PC is gradually, gradually increasing its appealing with the consumer-friendly traits compared to the direction consoles are going. :/

If it was for FGs only I probably wouldn't stick to consoles.
If T7 has cross-play (lol, it never will) I would say stay with PC. Most of Tekken GAF will probably be on PS4 though, so you don't have a choice^^
Also, I would love to play against you with a decent connection. Hopefully PS4 will make this possible.

GrayFoxPL

I think I found one of your channels then lol
jk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8bhj1kP0L0

Nah, I'm way hotter.

Jokes aside those transformations are pretty impressive.

Kinda wonder if trans gender character in T7 would be too much to handle for general public.

I'll be honest with you guys. When Leo was introduced my first thought it was a girl and even back then I think someone found a pic in official site with the name "Eleonore" and that was vanilla T6 pre release. But it came and went. Namco said let her/him be whenever you like. But I had to decide in my brain. So I thought Leo's a young bishonen type dude and left it like that in my conscience.

Now whenever someone refers to Leo as "her" my brain doesn't process it correctly right away. I'm like "Who? Wait, what?" for a while then "Right, Leo's a girl." I just thought the same thing for so long that the "truth" doesn't click with me.

Funny how brain works.

We are, but now we have to add "desu" to all our sentences and speak about ourselves in third person. Maybe Senpai will notice us like that.

Doomshine-Senpai will punish us again, b-b-baka!

We are, but now we have to add "desu" to all our sentences and speak about ourselves in third person. Maybe Senpai will notice us like that.

Oh god.

Is Harada Senpai?

Nah, I'm way hotter.

Jokes aside those transformations are pretty impressive.

Kinda wonder if trans gender character in T7 would be too much to handle for general public.

I'll be honest with you guys. When Leo was introduced my first thought it was a girl and even back then I think someone found a pic in official site with the name "Eleonore" and that was vanilla T6 pre release. But it came and went. Namco said let her/him be whenever you like. But I had to decide in my brain. So I thought Leo's a young bishonen type dude and left it like that in my conscience.

Now whenever someone refers to Leo as "her" my brain doesn't process it correctly right away. I'm like "Who? Wait, what?" for a while then "Right, Leo's a girl." I just thought the same thing for so long that the "truth" doesn't click with me.

Funny how brain works.

I am not sure how well that would go, I mean sure we have Poison but most see her as a legit female anyway.

I'd be here for it though.

GrayFoxPL

Is Harada Senpai?

I am not sure how well that would go, I mean sure we have Poison but most see her as a legit female anyway.

I'd be here for it though.

I think even Capcom can't decide about Poison anymore. At first they well like: "Transgender. It's Japan we don't give a fuck over here." Then: "Oh no worldwide controversy. Make her female." finally: "If we say anything we'll gonna get shit from some organization. Stay quiet!"

Edit:
Btw what would you guys say if they made Tekken: Alternative Universe where every sex was reversed. Hot Girl Kazuya(Kaya?), Paula etc. and Nina(Nino?) and Anna would be brothers?

I'd say it'd be entertaining at least. And beside I'm longing for years to see female Mishima. (Angel doesn't count, she's scarier then Devil.)

I think even Capcom can't decide about Poison anymore. At first they well like: "Transgender. It's Japan we don't give a fuck over here." Then: "Oh no worldwide controversy. Make her female." finally: "If we say anything we'll gonna get shit from some organization. Stay quiet!"

Well, to be quite honest GLAAD loves to pick apart anything and everything so I can't blame them.
But Capcom should have stuck to their guns and not give a fuck what anyone had to say.

GrayFoxPL

Well, to be quite honest GLAAD loves to pick apart anything and everything so I can't blame them.
But Capcom should have stuck to their guns and not give a fuck what anyone had to say.

Totally agree. I hate when developers(or rather publishers/producers) bow down under pressure in those instances. Like changing characters names, faces and looks due to internet rage is way too common now.

Like I love Steve Fox, but it's(the name) so incredibly plain. They should've kept the original Dean Earwicker. It's 100 times more fun.

Totally agree. I hate when developers(or rather publishers/producers) bow down under pressure in those instances. Like changing characters names, faces and looks due to internet rage is way too common now.

Like I love Steve Fox, but it's(the name) so incredibly plain. They should've kept the original Dean Earwicker. It's 100 times more fun.

It is plain, the original name is more innovative.
I wish some of the looks from 4 have stayed too
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/hwoarang-t4-hd.jpg

Ling_Xiaoyu_03pro.jpg

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...ages/7/7c/Julia_Tekken_4_player_2_costume.jpg

Julia's default in 4 should return as an unlockable hell all of the tekken 4 outfits.

sasuke_91

This sounds so so wrong :D

Leo is still a guy for me, but it's weird to say "he" when that person wears a bikini

Btw what would you guys say if they made Tekken: Alternative Universe where every sex was reversed. Hot Girl Kazuya(Kaya?), Paula etc. and Nina(Nino?) and Anna would be brothers?

I'd say it'd be entertaining at least. And beside I'm longing for years to see female Mishima. (Angel doesn't count, she's scarier then Devil.)
They wouldn't have to change Leo's appearancs at least. Even more confusing than it already is ò.Ó

GrayFoxPL

It is plain, the original name is more innovative.
I wish some of the looks from 4 have stayed too
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/hwoarang-t4-hd.jpg

Ling_Xiaoyu_03pro.jpg

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...ages/7/7c/Julia_Tekken_4_player_2_costume.jpg

Julia's default in 4 should return as an unlockable hell all of the tekken 4 outfits.

Oh yeah! I've said it many times but I'm a HUGE fan of T4 outfits. Best in the series.

This sounds so so wrong :D

Leo is still a guy for me, but it's weird to say "he" when that person wears a bikini

So I'm not alone?

Sasuke let me hug you in "brotherhoodly" way and cry a little with manly tears!

They wouldn't have to change Leo's appearancs at least. Even more confusing than it already is ò.Ó

Haha, that is so true!

People would be in awe looking at the roster whispering: " Look at Yoshi-girl! Wow that Xiaoyu dude and Bryan-a! This is crazy!" "Check out Leo! Wow! Wow... wow.... Leo looks the same. _o_."

sasuke_91

So I'm not alone?

Sasuke let me hug you in "brotherhoodly" way and cry a little with manly tears!
I always have a free shoulder for you bro.

I agree, T4 outfits were the best. T4 was such a good game, too bad it's broken as hell. I didn't play competitive Tekken back then, so I didn't know. I felt cool being able to crouch dash and didn't know why lightning would come out of Jin's gloves sometimes :D

I agree, T4 outfits were the best. T4 was such a good game, too bad it's broken as hell. I didn't play competitive Tekken back then, so I didn't know. I felt cool being able to crouch dash and didn't know why lightning would come out of Jin's gloves sometimes :D

I wasn't competitive back then either but I felt that the game tried new things that would fuck it up for tourney players.
I wonder if Tekken 4 was even played seriously, the game had so many issues.

Sayah

I use my laptop for gaming. It can run current Gen games rather well but I doubt I'll have any luck running next Gen stuff.

Fighting games are less demanding, however (as far as I know), so I should be able to play a potential Tekken 7 on low to medium settings.

I also do not know how modding works. Isn't there some way a developer can lock or protect the game files in order to hinder modding? Just wondering since I'd rather not deal with infinite health online among other things.

GrayFoxPL

iTBuskfBR81CT.gif

Yeah. I need that style, music, outfits, quality storyline and arenas back. They can leave elevation out but let me throw opponent into phone booth or splat him on a ceiling with high launcher.

I'm very curious if T7 will be "safe" Tekken or they'll implement new systems for experimentation.

I tested a little of Angel and Zafina. Very nice. Angel is pretty good and straightforward just that voice O.O;. Like a girlfriend that caught you flirting with another. Nightmare fuel.

Btw She has this f+3 stance and extensions.With f+3 she does this hand animation like a parry. This must parry stuff right? Because by itself it's just too slow before any move comes out.
Does her electric launch higher or something? Because electric, electric f+1, df+1+2 bound hits a lot easier for me then other Mishimas, works even with 1 electric ,1 windgodfist. Strange.

iS3tzKNCfVpzW.gif

Better looking Angel from first Tag.

Zafina is mad, mad. Her moveset has names from Egyptian mythology/religion, interesting.
Btw. I think Harada somewhere tweeted that Silat would be hard to implement but looking at Zafina's crazy fighting style I think it's not the case, lol. Wonder if they mocaped her "sneakish" movement. Maybe from a "sensual" dancer.

My hands hurt a lot today so I didn't even try online. Just went through their moveset, properties and figured out some combos. I couldn't figure out for life how to tag filler with Zafina lol. Noticed most damaging is d+3+4 stance d+3,1 d+1,4 (d+3,1,d+3,1, d+1,4 after instant bound) funny how slow it looks to start.
I need to work on finishers, because f+2,3,4 whiffs often for me.

inUYNchDdcTxB.jpg

Doomshine

My hands hurt a lot today so I didn't even try online. Just went through their moveset, properties and figured out some combos. I couldn't figure out for life how to tag filler with Zafina lol. Noticed most damaging is d+3+4 stance d+3,1 d+1,4 (d+3,1,d+3,1, d+1,4 after instant bound) funny how slow it looks to start.
I need to work on finishers, because f+2,3,4 whiffs often for me.

For solo I usually do df+4,1 for damage and ff+3 or mantis d+4 for oki. After a TA the easiest ender is ff+3+4 but depending on the amount of hits you might be able to do 2,1,3.

Something I wish I knew about Zafina a lot sooner is how to cancel her mantis stance without fucking up the TA! combo.

Best TA! filler at the wall is 3 (n) d/b (n) d/f+1,2,1. It will whiff if you do too many hits prior.

Doomshine

Something I wish I knew about Zafina a lot sooner is how to cancel her mantis stance without fucking up the TA! combo.

Best TA! filler at the wall is 3 (n) d/b (n) d/f+1,2,1. It will whiff if you do too many hits prior.

I fuck that one up way too much so I prefer ending with f+2,3 SCR into 3 for oki and 4 for damage. Another option I've been doing for damage with Wang is TA! df+1,1 then Zaf uf+1 df+1,2,1.

Looking forward to the marquee matchup match between Jimmy J Tran and Wonkey. Also ZTS vs Yuu, RunItBlack vs Malekith, Spooky vs Starscream and Saint vs Aris.

I don't recognize some the Euro players, I only know Harry Potter, Malekith, Starscream and JFK.

GrayFoxPL

I know Dark Greeting from somewhere. Hmm.

Hey, Markman is in this too.

Markman - Aris for epic match where they comment it live.

AAK

Hmmm, looks like FAB couldn't make it. I don't see BMNS13 either. And dang, Bronson threw Wonkey into JimmyJTran's pool? .

Also, I'm online now if anyone wants to battle.

Sayah

So who will be migrating over to Smash Bros. Wii U soon?
I need to get my hands on a Wii U. The wait is becoming intolerable with everyone playing on 3DS.

Hmmm, looks like FAB couldn't make it. I don't see BMNS13 either. And dang, Bronson threw Wonkey into JimmyJTran's pool? .

Also, I'm online now if anyone wants to battle.

You can do it Wonkey.

GGs to all, I left earlier than planned because someone from ranked friended me and wanted to play me in a lobby and I didn't want to look like a jerk. :)
Then I won a bunch and they kicked me out :(

I stopped playing Mig/AK to focus on Drag/Bruce. I'm not sure if the tradeoff has been worth it, but I like Drag more than anyone else so...

Is Dragunov your main now?

It's arguable that he always has been. I used him a ton before I ever touched Miguel or Armor King, I had just put him aside because I didn't like the way he played with Miguel who was the next character I learned. Certainly in a solo game he'd be the character I'd focus on first.

AAK

GG's guys, was definitely fun. But as always, sorry for my bootleg connection. Excuse my country until we get a better internet service :p

So who will be migrating over to Smash Bros. Wii U soon?
I need to get my hands on a Wii U. The wait is becoming intolerable with everyone playing on 3DS.

You can do it Wonkey.

To be honest, I'm really not sure! I know a looooot of people in this city are gonna get it so I'm sure I can get some games in with people in the local community without buying the console. But again with my interest in games that lack a sidestep dwindling everyday I dunno if I'll commit to it enough to warrant buying a brand new console for. Of coarse I'd love to get Bayonetta and W101 as well... but at the same time there are sooooo many other games I have yet to play on the PS3 alone that I need to end up finishing.

Top Bottom