• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Sayah

To be honest, I'm really not sure! I know a looooot of people in this city are gonna get it so I'm sure I can get some games in with people in the local community without buying the console. But again with my interest in games that lack a sidestep dwindling everyday I dunno if I'll commit to it enough to warrant buying a brand new console for. Of coarse I'd love to get Bayonetta and W101 as well... but at the same time there are sooooo many other games I have yet to play on the PS3 alone that I need to end up finishing.

Well, if you are able to, I hope you get it.

It'll be a fun, fresh new experience since you haven't dabbled much with the previous Smash games.

Plus, yes, I also need to play that Bayonetta 2 and more Mario Kart 8.

Yo. What time is that Nico Nico broadcast tomorrow?

It's 11 p.m. EST according to SRK.

http://shoryuken.com/2014/09/10/kat...further-tekken-7-details-at-namco-sugamo-cup/

sasuke_91

GGs AAK and Doomshine.
@AAK: The connection was actually better than usual, although it lagged really bad. Still, fun games.
@Doomshine: Marduk too strong. That combo ender where he throws his opponent at the wall is not even scaled (it's a throw afterall). How much damage does it deal? 30/35? And dumb question, but is it escapable?

I dropped every combo with Leo. I have to go to practice mode with her and Ling. To be honest though, something also felt off today. I feel like my pad is not going to live much longer. It's either me doing a lot of wrong inputs or my pad not responding properly.

Dereck

GG's guys, was definitely fun. But as always, sorry for my bootleg connection. Excuse my country until we get a better internet service :p
But your connection this time was better than usual.
vpbh9xV.png

So who will be migrating over to Smash Bros. Wii U soon?
I need to get my hands on a Wii U. The wait is becoming intolerable with everyone playing on 3DS.
I already have a Wii U.

And LOL when the Wii U version drops no one will give a fuck about the 3DS version.

AAK

BTW is the Tekken 7 announcement going to happen on the Sunday stream or Monday stream? I believe the link that AV2k posted should be online in about 1 hour.

AAK

So I looked at Wonkey's article again:

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...ement-will-be-made-at-the-namco-sugamo-c.html

It specifically says:

"The Namco Sugamo Cup is occurring this weekend starting from the Saturday up until the Monday in Japan at the Namco Sugamo game center with the Tekken 7 announcement being made and streamed on niconico during the 3on3 Tournament event."

So it's gonna happen on the stream for sure. I'm pretty sure there's gonna be no gameplay. Just maybe some news or something about when the location tests will be held. I'm not gonna anticipate it personally. I think I'll try to wake up for Fajr and see if anything was revealed then. Until then it's peace :)

I think I'll try to regularly play every Saturday for some online Tekken. I started to do online sessions again with my local community every thursday where they gather at a local college. Every week there are about 20 (and up to 30) people that come to play games. The vast majority play Smash Bros followed by USF4. But ElNeef does come and we play some games and try to get other people potentially excited. One of the guilty gear players there is pretty good at VF5 so I do get a lot of fun times playing against him. Man fighting games offline is just so special :)

EDIT: Yeah after even more examination... Harada only addressed his Japanese fan base directing them to the niconico stream:

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/510963045867073536

If there was some footage or gameplay to be revealed it would have been in English as well. As Wonkey said, Harada is probably just going to announce WHEN the game will have an arcade location test and that's it. Nothing tangible for us to dissect unfortunately :(

Sayah

So I looked at Wonkey's article again:

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...ement-will-be-made-at-the-namco-sugamo-c.html

It specifically says:

"The Namco Sugamo Cup is occurring this weekend starting from the Saturday up until the Monday in Japan at the Namco Sugamo game center with the Tekken 7 announcement being made and streamed on niconico during the 3on3 Tournament event."

So it's gonna happen on the stream for sure. I'm pretty sure there's gonna be no gameplay. Just maybe some news or something about when the location tests will be held. I'm not gonna anticipate it personally. I think I'll try to wake up for Fajr and see if anything was revealed then. Until then it's peace :)

I think I'll try to regularly play every Saturday for some online Tekken. I started to do online sessions again with my local community every thursday where they gather at a local college. Every week there are about 20 (and up to 30) people that come to play games. The vast majority play Smash Bros followed by USF4. But ElNeef does come and we play some games and try to get other people potentially excited. One of the guilty gear players there is pretty good at VF5 so I do get a lot of fun times playing against him. Man fighting games offline is just so special :)

Yeah, I'm not gonna keep watching this stream in hopes of what could potentially be nothing. Will go to sleep on my regular schedule.

I had before decided to stay up late to watch that Sony Japan conference because Harada was going to be there and it was a complete waste of my time (i.e. Project Morpheus came out of that). Not gonna let that happen again. haha.

And yes, online matches are nothing compared to offline.

Sayah

Guy on stream said announcement could be anywhere from 2 to 4 hours later as of the time of this post.

Yeah, I'm going to sleep.

They roll out an early version of the game to let people play with it and give feedback. A test on "location", basically for the public.

Thanks. That means the game must fairly far along in development, right?

Did some googling and found a blog detailing a Tekken 6 location test dated 11.20.2007 (a week before its arcade release). I'm guessing they go through a few of these leading up to it, though.

Did some googling and found a blog detailing a Tekken 6 location test dated 11.20.2007 (a week before its arcade release). I'm guessing they go through a few of these leading up to it, though.

Yes, various tests then a mainstream arcade release which still gets tweaked and then a console release.

Pachimari

I'm having thoughts of changing my main in Tekken 7 from Marshall Law to somebody else. Dunno who.

Gotta get back to Tekken Tag 2 again. My Real Arcade Pro V3-SA has been collecting dust for a while.

GrayFoxPL

Oh yeah, but it's the only time you can see a lot of stuff you'll never see again, broken moves, effects. Like in this location test of Tekken 6 you can see burning hands for rage and no bound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsuGgXud1tQ

Even important things like bound may be designed at later stages.

God, I hope we'll see a lot of T7 beta.

Oh yeah, but it's the only time you can see a lot of stuff you'll never see again, broken moves, effects. Like in this location test of Tekken 6 you can see burning hands for rage and no bound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsuGgXud1tQ

Even important things like bound may be designed at later stages.

God, I hope we'll see a lot of T7 beta.

Huh, It looks like a shinier T5. Kinda crazy that bound was added in the last couple months. Burning hands is lol.

Ahh I can't wait 3 weeks.

GrayFoxPL

Just saw those awesome Bana passports.

iWDobOPY9THv1.jpg

iD80TMMnVZCSk.jpg

Wow Heihachi looks angry and gritty as fuck! Gooooood! Get out young Heihachi, you punk.

Harada said the graphics will only be at 50% when the tests are held so I wonder what it looks like now.
I am curious about the overall aesthetic of the game and how the characters look and stages.

GrayFoxPL

Harada said the graphics will only be at 50% when the tests are held so I wonder what it looks like now.
I am curious about the overall aesthetic of the game and how the characters look and stages.

50%?
I'm assuming they haven't completed the character rendering so I don't expect mindblowing graphics.

From this Bana passports showcase I'm thinking the characters in loc test will be Kaz, Hei and ?.

This could be super early test after all. Like pre alpha.

Rheon

There are 30 characters there. Kazumi and 3-4 new characters would bring the roster count to 34-35 which is what Harada was aiming for.

LowParry

It still makes you wonder what a 50% finish game look like on UE4. But we're probably looking at a 2015 arcade release. And console maybe late 2015 - early 2016?

Sayah

Nice find!
There's no Kazuya though, so...

They were like Kazuya wasn't in Tekken 3 and Anna wasn't in Tekken 4. They have equal representation as far as veteran status goes. Better just pick one character between the two for Tekken 7. Let's go with Anna.

Opening intro for Tekken 7 will show Kazuya being thrown into a volcano by Heihachi again and unfortunately missing from the King of Iron Fist Tournament 7. Sorry Kazuya fans. Devs decided too much Mishima representation. Needed more Williams to balance things out.

Richard Williams and Heather Williams also announced as new characters.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

GrayFoxPL

They were like Kazuya wasn't in Tekken 3 and Anna wasn't in Tekken 4. They have equal representation as far as veteran status goes. Better just pick one character between the two for Tekken 7. Let's go with Anna.

Opening intro for Tekken 7 will show Kazuya being thrown into a volcano by Heihachi again and unfortunately missing from the King of Iron Fist Tournament 7. Sorry Kazuya fans. Devs decided too much Mishima representation. Needed more Williams to balance things out.

Richard Williams and Heather Williams also announced as new characters.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Haha, not that equal representation. She was just clone sub boss in T1, T2. She was missing in T3 Arcades, bonus character on Psx. She got most of her new and original moveset in T5. Just saying.

Now it would be unfair to cut her off since she's not just Nina B. I'm sure any missing character like Anna, A.King or Jun (Baek?) will be back in update like: Tekken 7: True Final Battle No Shit.

Richard Williams would rock hard.

Top Bottom