• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Haha, not that equal representation. She was just clone sub boss in T1, T2. She was missing in T3 Arcades, bonus character on Psx. She got most of her new and original moveset in T5. Just saying.

Now it would be unfair to cut her off since she's not just Nina B. I'm sure any missing character like Anna, A.King or Jun (Baek?) will be back in update like: Tekken 7: True Final Battle No Shit.

Richard Williams would rock hard.

I'd love that as a title LOL.

I wonder who the final boss is if the current build is even that far in development.

GrayFoxPL

I'd love that as a title LOL.

I wonder who the final boss is if the current build is even that far in development.

Poor T4 Heihachi ;).

In that article I see crutial sentence from Harada:

At the location tests, we'd like for everyone to try out the new systems...(...)

New systems, meaning 2 or more gameplay features...?

What could it be...

I'll be dreaming of those.

Super Counter Hit moves

Super Gauge

Wall Bound

Holy Shit what if we get EX characters like in older KOF. EX Kazuya with 5frame electric but 20% of life.

Pachimari

They were like Kazuya wasn't in Tekken 3 and Anna wasn't in Tekken 4. They have equal representation as far as veteran status goes. Better just pick one character between the two for Tekken 7. Let's go with Anna.

Opening intro for Tekken 7 will show Kazuya being thrown into a volcano by Heihachi again and unfortunately missing from the King of Iron Fist Tournament 7. Sorry Kazuya fans. Devs decided too much Mishima representation. Needed more Williams to balance things out.

Richard Williams and Heather Williams also announced as new characters.

:) :) :) :) :) :)
What about just killing the Williams sisters?

Everyone would be much more happy.

Sayah

DEATH™;129978869 said:
Goodbye Miguel... it was nice knowing yah...

Good riddance. :)

Sorry Devastator....and Fab.....and boutdown....and whoever else plays him

What about just killing the Williams sisters?

Everyone would be much more happy.

:O

Why would you even think that?

Haha, not that equal representation. She was just clone sub boss in T1, T2. She was missing in T3 Arcades, bonus character on Psx. She got most of her new and original moveset in T5. Just saying.

Now it would be unfair to cut her off since she's not just Nina B. I'm sure any missing character like Anna, A.King or Jun (Baek?) will be back in update like: Tekken 7: True Final Battle No Shit.

Richard Williams would rock hard.

She's STILL VETERAN to me. :p

And yeah, I would be really down for a Richard Williams character.

Pachimari

Good riddance. :)

Sorry Devastator....and Fab.....and boutdown....and whoever else plays him

:O

Why would you even think that?

She's STILL VETERAN to me. :p

And yeah, I would be really down for a Richard Williams character.
Nina is a disgrace to Tekken. ;)

You know me, I just have an issue with Nina haha.

On a serious note I would like all veterans to stay.

GrayFoxPL

Some characters should be rebuild from the ground up.

Like Jack or Alisa if she really has to be in.

Scrap everything, moves, looks, voice. Keep only the names.

Oh shit I had a premonition right now.

It just flashed through my mind they put Ryu and Ken in the game. Oo.

Sayah

I wasn't aware there was a Miguel hate-force. How can you not love the manly man?

I dislike playing against him and he annoys me. I do not like people that spam d/f+1 and jabs, punishable tackles, or incessantly do his laugh.

His f,f+2 is also very deceptive thanks to the two variations it has. One is a mid and one is a high. I always want to duck and think I can punish after the second hit. :/

Sayah

Some characters should be rebuild from the ground up.

Like Jack or Alisa if she really has to be in.

Scrap everything, moves, looks, voice. Keep only the names.

Oh shit I had a premonition right now.

It just flashed through my mind they put Ryu and Ken in the game. Oo.

I've already said this.

Alisa's settings need to be messed and she needs to turn into killer robot.

Less of this:
Tekken+Blood+Vengeance+4.jpg

More of this:
tekken-blood-vengeance-alisa.jpg

Doomshine

I dislike playing against him and he annoys me. I do not like people that spam d/f+1 and jabs, punishable tackles, or incessantly do his laugh.

His f,f+2 is also very deceptive thanks to the two variations it has. One is a mid and one is a high. I always want to duck and think I can punish after the second hit. :/

Oh so it's like playing against Nina ;)

You're not talking about his f+2+3 tackle are you, cause that shit is safe,

Sayah

But I like that anime stuff.

I realize there's a fanbase for all of that. But the character needs a complete revamping. I don't hate her like Grayfox does. I even use her due to the interesting playstyle. But only because of that. The personality is not very likable for me.

Michelle is like one of my favorites but I'm okay with her not being in. At least I were ecstatic about her returning in Tag 2.

I think Michelle > Julia. I'll take palette swaps Harada. Keep the wrestling moves for both of them.

GrayFoxPL

I only played a little of Banderas, I mean Miguel but if you mean the unblockable walk laugh it is incredibly easy to input accidentally and it's a useless and annoying move for me too because it can't be canceled for like 2 seconds.

LowParry

Ya know just to troll use Xiaoyu players, bring in her story where she's about to start her journey, and then gets injured. So she calls upon her friend Miharu to take her place and we have a Tekken 7 character. Troll us Harada. Find your inner Kojima.

As an anime fan her animu look and personality feels out of place.
"Hi i'm Alisa, now you must die" in her cute voice just feels flat and non threatening

Sayah

I only played a little of Banderas, I mean Miguel but if you mean the unblockable walk laugh it is incredibly easy to input accidentally and it's a useless and annoying move for me too because it can't be canceled for like 2 seconds.

I went through his command list once. It was okay. His playstyle doesn't suit me, though.

And now I'm wondering who will be my main for Tekken 7. Unless they make flapping butterfly's easier or revamp the system in a way that flapping butterfly loops are irrelevant, I will need to quit Nina.

My original main is Hwoarang. I will either go back to using him or more likely Anna will become the main if she's in the roster.

Sayah

"Hi i'm Alisa, now you must die" in her cute voice just feels flat and non threatening

Yes, that's exactly how I feel.

I'm an anime fan myself. I just enjoy the more serious toned stuff (Death Note, Monster, Black Lagoon) and not really any of the kawaii stuff.

Though, I can like good humor too with serious action (Soul Eater, Trigun, FMA).

Yes, that's exactly how I feel.

I'm an anime fan myself. I just enjoy the more serious toned stuff (Death Note, Monster, Black Lagoon) and not really any of the kawaii stuff.

Though, I can like good humor too with serious action (Soul Eater, Trigun, FMA).

This. I can deal with the cute stuff depending on the show and how much sugar there is.
But I love the serious stuff more. Good taste btw.

sasuke_91

Ya know just to troll use Xiaoyu players, bring in her story where she's about to start her journey, and then gets injured. So she calls upon her friend Miharu to take her place and we have a Tekken 7 character. Troll us Harada. Find your inner Kojima.

Don't troll Ling-players :(

This. I can deal with the cute stuff depending on the show and how much sugar there is.
But I love the serious stuff more. Good taste btw.
I can watch the cute stuff if it has good comedy, but overall, I'd prefer some more serious anime. I'm currently watching Monster and can agree^^

@Sayah: You're a Hwoarang-player? Awesome! Play him in Tekken 7, join the TKD-lovers :D

GrayFoxPL

I hate her to guts. Earlier I though Lili was the worse addition to Tekken, because she doesn't fight, she dances and her slow ass cartwheels make no sense to cause any sort of damage but I digress.

When Alisa was introduced I couldn't believe this "thing" was in Tekken and wasn't even a joke character.

Then Harada became idolmaster fan and all was clear.

All I want is a Filipino fighter.

Harada, please hear me. :(

Rivalry between Filipino style and Silat fighter.

Sayah

Same here, I no longer can watch long running shows I can only do 25 to 40 max these days. 12 is perfect.

Yeah, I am the same way.

Don't troll Ling-players :(

I can watch the cute stuff if it has good comedy, but overall, I'd prefer some more serious anime. I'm currently watching Monster and can agree^^

@Sayah: You're a Hwoarang-player? Awesome! Play him in Tekken 7, join the TKD-lovers :D

I used to use him in Tekken 3, 4, and 5. Then I dropped him in Tekken 6 and Tag 2.

I can't do his just frame sky rocket. lol

sasuke_91

I used to use him in Tekken 3, 4, and 5. Then I dropped him in Tekken 6 and Tag 2.

I can't do his just frame sky rocket. lol
Oh come on. JFSR is not that important. It's not that good for punishing (17 frames fastest input) and normal Sky Rocket or b3 is enough for whiff punishing.

Most of my JFSR attempts result in df4^^

Sayah

Oh come on. JFSR is not that important. It's not that good for punishing (17 frames fastest input) and normal Sky Rocket or b3 is enough for whiff punishing.

Most of my JFSR attempts result in df4^^

Yeah, I will have to make him into my top 3 again. With the way Speedkicks controls him and all that insane wall pressure, I want that offense.

AAK

20 characters is already more than half the cast. To me that all but confirms T7 is the next evolutionary game following T6 where the animations and move lists are overall retained. This does ground my expectations significantly from a drastically different game. Chances of bound staying are up in my books.

GrayFoxPL

Well you could say that about most unblockables, at least Miguel's is funny :p

Nah, in Tag2 you can set up many unblockables at wall so tech roll or stand from spike = death. Like Jins ub+1+2. Kaz can throw out short lightning screw to kill tech rolls after combo. Anna and Nina has some crazy unblockable setups. Etc.

Miguel has probably the worst and most useless ever.

GrayFoxPL

20 characters is already more than half the cast. To me that all but confirms T7 is the next evolutionary game following T6 where the animations and move lists are overall retained. This does ground my expectations significantly from a drastically different game. Chances of bound staying are up in my books.

Well yeah, remaking every move basically happened between T4 and Tag2.
But Harada said it has new systems could be a bigger step then T5-T6.

sasuke_91

Yeah, I will have to make him into my top 3 again. With the way Speedkicks controls him and all that insane wall pressure, I want that offense.

The wall pressure is great. And he gets great wall damage, too. Hwoarang is awesome!

Is that meant to be the Korean Taekwondo fighter Harada was talking about? She's barely wearing anything.
Just noticed her. Well... gonna choose her second outfit then :p

This is what worries me. Mishimas, Kings, and Nina have a lot of janky animations that need to be replaced. Hopefully they got around to them this time.

GrayFoxPL

Is that meant to be the Korean Taekwondo fighter Harada was talking about? She's barely wearing anything.

Harada posted this character few years ago. It's from some doujin or something. They put her in the game and made some pics that's it. She was cell shaded model.

AAK

Well yeah, remaking every move basically happened between T4 and Tag2.
But Harada said it has new systems could be a bigger step then T5-T6.

Every character should animate and look as beautiful as Steve Fox :p I was so blown away by how much they improved Law's animations from T5-T6. Law is one of those staple characters along with Nina/Paul/King that are synonymous with Tekken... but none of those character have gotten the Namco remodel that Law got. But who knows, maybe they worked a lot of magic these past few years... I just won't be disappointed anymore if the animations are the same as TTT2 since I'll be expecting it.

GrayFoxPL

Every character should animate and look as beautiful as Steve Fox :p I was so blown away by how much they improved Law's animations from T5-T6. Law is one of those staple characters along with Nina/Paul/King that are synonymous with Tekken... but none of those character have gotten the Namco remodel that Law got. But who knows, maybe they worked a lot of magic these past few years... I just won't be disappointed anymore if the animations are the same as TTT2 since I'll be expecting it.

But they all got new animations. What's left is 2-3 moves for each character from T3 era and some old multipart throws.

That's what you mean?

They could clean that up for T7.

But personally I hate how they reanimated Paul. His shredders especially look awful.

AAK

Looking at Nina alone her grabs are all outdated. 1+3, 2+4, u/f+1+2. d/f,d/f+1, multi-throws are all since like T3. They don't look visceral enough. The only new grab she ever got was qcf+1+2 3,4,3,1+2 extension... and it definitely shows in that move how she pins the opponent down preventing them from breaking free and the opponents reaction when she unleashes the armbar. 1+3 and 2+4 grabs all don't belong in the game for sure now. The way the opponent animates in the air looks waaay too retro. Even her u/f+1+2 throw needs to look more like Pai's forward throw from VF. The way the opponent just flies away in that floaty sense is just ugly.

There is just so much more potential for a character like Nina who's known for forcing their opponents into submission look more lifelike. I know it's a ridiculously long task but I was kinda hoping for something like that.

GrayFoxPL

Looking at Nina alone her grabs are all outdated. 1+3, 2+4, u/f+1+2. d/f,d/f+1, multi-throws are all since like T3. They don't look visceral enough. The only new grab she ever got was qcf+1+2 3,4,3,1+2 extension... and it definitely shows in that move how she pins the opponent down preventing them from breaking free and the opponents reaction when she unleashes the armbar. 1+3 and 2+4 grabs all don't belong in the game for sure now. The way the opponent animates in the air looks waaay too retro. Even her u/f+1+2 throw needs to look more like Pai's forward throw from VF. The way the opponent just flies away in that floaty sense is just ugly.

There is just so much more potential for a character like Nina who's known for forcing their opponents into submission look more lifelike. I know it's a ridiculously long task but I was kinda hoping for something like that.

df+1+3 df+2+4 are new, T5 I think? Edit: Maybe not, my bad.

uf+1+2 is funny because you can tech roll after death.

But I hear you, she could use some new throw animations.

At least the falling arm break from 2+4 is not from Tekken 2, haha.

Edit.
I forgot most reversals and all chickens are old as shit. They could be remade too.

GrayFoxPL

Found that pic: "Tekken-chan"

icqJhVz5RELqu.jpg

That Sample photo is really just a reference that when you buy Bana card you get bunch of stickers :p.

Top Bottom