• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

They were like Kazuya wasn't in Tekken 3 and Anna wasn't in Tekken 4. They have equal representation as far as veteran status goes. Better just pick one character between the two for Tekken 7. Let's go with Anna.

Opening intro for Tekken 7 will show Kazuya being thrown into a volcano by Heihachi again and unfortunately missing from the King of Iron Fist Tournament 7. Sorry Kazuya fans. Devs decided too much Mishima representation. Needed more Williams to balance things out.

Richard Williams and Heather Williams also announced as new characters.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Wait... Who's Heather?
Don't tell me it's their mum...

GrayFoxPL

Wait... Who's Heather?

People know some obscure things.

Like Steve being left handed by MYK or someone else.

I can't confirm this making it even more intriguing.

Most of his strongest and useful techniques are indeed left handed.

ff+2 and unblockable are the strongest right handed he has.

Tekken is Rave War.

AAK

GrayFox is the boss of TekkenGAF. He'll come up with some of the coolest jokes Tekken related and English isn't even his first language!

sasuke_91

Haha lol you guys.
GAF's Tekken community seems to be a rather funny bunch!
Rather funny? We're hilarious... says the one who rarely makes funny jokes...

I like to have my teams on the same rank and Leo and Violet were very low (1st and 3rd Dan), so I paired them up and went to do some ranking to get them to Grand Master at least... and wow, I feel really bad for new players in Tekken. Played some people who had like 10% wins after dozens of matches. There are way more people reranking than new players ranking and now I feel guilty^^

AZUMIKE

Speaking of TekkenGAF, shout outs to NinthPixel for Destiny shooting game fun. Who knows, maybe we're unknowingly preparing for a super secret T7 shooter mini game.

sasuke_91

You guys should check out Ping Pong. It's one of my favorite new anime in the past few years and only 11 episodes long. One character reminds me of Jin and there's even a badass Kazama in it! :p

The official Funimation Sub is available here
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwazKLaN7rLg3uKLCGHaZ1kC4TqxkGFUR
I cannot agree more. I expected Ping Pong to be an anime with a mediocre plot, one-dimensional characters, shitty visuals and bad animation, what I got was an anime with a very interesting plot, great and complex characters, visuals that take getting used to and high class animation. Biggest surprise of this year.
Ping Pong and Mushishi made the year for me in terms of anime.

Sayah

You guys should check out Ping Pong. It's one of my favorite new anime in the past few years and only 11 episodes long. One character reminds me of Jin and there's even a badass Kazama in it! :p

The official Funimation Sub is available here
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwazKLaN7rLg3uKLCGHaZ1kC4TqxkGFUR

Oh nice. Thanks. Bookmarked.

Wait... Who's Heather?

Yes.

https://www.facebook.com/tekkenfighters/posts/340695792701632

Gambit61

I cannot agree more. I expected Ping Pong to be an anime with a mediocre plot, one-dimensional characters, shitty visuals and bad animation, what I got was an anime with a very interesting plot, great and complex characters, visuals that take getting used to and high class animation. Biggest surprise of this year.
Ping Pong and Mushishi made the year for me in terms of anime.

Yeah, the matches in Ping Pong also reminded me of Tekken with the way each player would play mind games to trip up their opponent. As for Mushishi I still need to finish season 1. I love how it's basically like a short story collection of supernatural occurrences and of course there's that beautiful opening.

GrayFoxPL

GrayFox is the boss of TekkenGAF. He'll come up with some of the coolest jokes Tekken related and English isn't even his first language!

iybfcwjI9PhCj.gif

I never let you go now! Thanks man!

Now for a terrible joke to balance things out.

I'm going to hell for making this.

ibu1uJ8gbrbXv2.gif

Tekken 7 wishlist:
-Lars gets a haircut

That's all I've got for now.

I'm really liking Kazumi's design. That dress is gonna look amazing in UE4. I will definitely make her one of my mains if she is playable (in non-devil form).

fatalexe

Wait... how can I win 4 games in a row and my 5th game is a demotion match. LOL. Too baffled to even play and lost the game. Of course those 6 dan Devil Jin players can do full spinning thing bound combo.

Excited for T7! Hope my local arcades will stock them.

I went through his command list once. It was okay. His playstyle doesn't suit me, though.

And now I'm wondering who will be my main for Tekken 7. Unless they make flapping butterfly's easier or revamp the system in a way that flapping butterfly loops are irrelevant, I will need to quit Nina.

My original main is Hwoarang. I will either go back to using him or more likely Anna will become the main if she's in the roster.

You would consider dropping Nina? @_@

Hopefully, they will somehow address or even modify the flapping butterfly move. Imo, they should make the flapping butterfly easier to execute or maybe even make it more deadly somehow(yeah, I'll probably will take heat for that). I can generally do it in practice mode, but during a real, intense fight? Nope.

I still don't understand why Japan is so ass backwards on streaming. You don't impress anyone with a 640x360 stream.

Hurry up and announce a green arcade location test Namco.

Oh and also, I think some people might be getting the wrong idea about the 'lower graphical output' thing for the location test. If anything, I expect it to be pretty much similar to how TTT2 handles graphical 'downgrades' in matches online. Some things in the stages backgrounds will be left out but I doubt the character models and most parts of the stages will be heavily affected. What you see will be mostly what you get I guess?

I hope someone cracks the cabinet open to see what the board is though. If it's the same one TTT2 uses, we're getting a cross gen port hahaha.

What about just killing the Williams sisters?

Everyone would be much more happy.

What about just killing the Williams sisters?

Everyone would be much more happy.

Hey now, watch it. >:{

I can think of many more characters who deserve that terrible fate much more than the Williams due to their constant annoying presence in online matches.

Since I am usually a nice person though, I will not say any character's name.........yet.

Rheon

Hopefully they'll allow people to film their own videos at the location test. I don't think I could deal with the 640x360 resolution. >.<

sasuke_91

As for Mushishi I still need to finish season 1. I love how it's basically like a short story collection of supernatural occurrences and of course there's that beautiful opening.

The opening for season 2 is even better :)

Wait... how can I win 4 games in a row and my 5th game is a demotion match. LOL. Too baffled to even play and lost the game. Of course those 6 dan Devil Jin players can do full spinning thing bound combo.

Yeah, I win a match with Jin and get 3 demotion matches in a row against players who are 2-3 ranks higher than him. I won those matches luckily, but I just don't get behind the system for promotion/demotion.

Imo, they should make the flapping butterfly easier to execute or maybe even make it more deadly somehow

Flapping butterfly is that qcf+1 move, isn't it?

Williams players talking about annoying players online, lol.
Haha :D

m0t0k1

Guess i am one of the few who is perfectly fine with the resolution. For me its about seeing it i can see a kazuya just as fine as in 1080p. But i can see why people want to experience everything in the best way possible. But for me as its serviceable and not many lag its fine. Still curios to see if this is going to be cross gen or next gen exclusive.

AAK

Oh and also, I think some people might be getting the wrong idea about the 'lower graphical output' thing for the location test. If anything, I expect it to be pretty much similar to how TTT2 handles graphical 'downgrades' in matches online. Some things in the stages backgrounds will be left out but I doubt the character models and most parts of the stages will be heavily affected. What you see will be mostly what you get I guess?

I hope someone cracks the cabinet open to see what the board is though. If it's the same one TTT2 uses, we're getting a cross gen port hahaha.

Tekken does have a history of looking worse in previews compared to final products.

Tekken 5 Reveal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m72O5P9xqEw

Definitely missed so many things in the backgrounds and the animations were missing. King didn't have his new GS animation either.

I remember even during the Tekken 6 location tests, Bruce still had his T5 animations and not the updated stance like in the final T6.

So I think a lot of the unimpressive things do have time to get ironed out hopefully. :)

But alas... we shouldn't expect backgrounds to look as good as something like this:

1395456567_4.jpg

GrayFoxPL

Tekken does have a history of looking worse in previews compared to final products.

Tekken 5 Reveal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m72O5P9xqEw

Definitely missed so many things in the backgrounds and the animations were missing. King didn't have his new GS animation either.

I remember even during the Tekken 6 location tests, Bruce still had his T5 animations and not the updated stance like in the final T6.

So I think a lot of the unimpressive things do have time to get ironed out hopefully. :)

But alas... we shouldn't expect backgrounds to look as good as something like this:

1395456567_4.jpg

"M'lord I haste to inform you that two extraordinary gentlemen are engaged in fisticuffs right outside your quarters sir."

"Francis be quick to prepare my best chair and two silver bowls of that corn thing that pops erratically and joyously."

"Popcorn m'lord?"

"Indeed. I wish to be a witness to this unusual barbaric event, Francis. I'm shivering from excitement already! Will there be blood, Francis?"

I'll take utmost care of that, m'lord."

Pachimari

Hey now, watch it. >:{

I can think of many more characters who deserve that terrible fate much more than the Williams due to their constant annoying presence in online matches.

Since I am usually a nice person though, I will not say any character's name.........yet.
I know. We need Shin added.

sasuke_91

"M'lord I haste to inform you that two extraordinary gentlemen are engaged in fisticuffs right outside your quarters sir."

"Francis be quick to prepare my best chair and two silver bowls of that corn thing that pops erratically and joyously."

"Popcorn m'lord?"

"Indeed. I wish to be a witness this unusual barbaric event, Francis. I'm shivering from excitement already! Will there be blood, Francis?"

I'll take utmost care of that, m'lord."
Why is your English at such a high level? :D

I lost it at fisticuffs^^

GrayFoxPL

Why is your English at such a high level? :D

I lost it at fisticuffs^^

:D

My spelling is tragic though ><.

Sometimes I don't remember a movie apart of few funny scenes by secondary characters.

When I see picture like AAK posted I remind myself how characters spoke in eg. Monty Python and it rolls..:)

sasuke_91

My spelling is tragic though ><.

Nah, as long as everyone understands you there's no problem. And I can't confirm any tragic spelling :p

When I see picture like AAK posted I remind myself how characters spoke in eg. Monty Python and it rolls..:)

That's really cool. I tried to imitate the Deku tree's Shakespeare-esque way of talking from Zelda OoT once... I failed. I guess I'm not cut for fancy language :D

GrayFoxPL

That's really cool. I tried to imitate the Deku tree's Shakespeare-esque way of talking from Zelda OoT once... I failed. I guess I'm not cut for fancy language :D

In my mind I pretend to speak like game characters after every session. :D

I just researched info about Kazuya's win quotes:

"hanashi ni naran na!: not even worth talking about"

Namco translates this as "Pathetic!"

Yeah I know they don't want to literally translate everything, but come on.

Tekken 7 bring on better translations.

Btw. Sasuke, I tried to do something about rerankers and after I fight someone like that I go to "licence" and "block the player". Seems to work so far. Earlier I kept getting matched with rerankers notoriously.

Rheon

I really hope we get new character designs for this gen. I won't be happy if we get the same recycled designs we've had for the last 10 years..

EDIT: random comment I found on a T7 news article:

It's also getting a PC release, btw. The first for a Tekken game outside of the Street Fighter crossover. In fact, it's apparently the lead platform, largely thanks to Epic's helping Bandai Namco with the Unreal Engine 4 development.

There are a lot of rumors about a PC version and it wouldn't surprise me if PC was the lead platform.

sasuke_91

I just researched info about Kazuya's win quotes:

"hanashi ni naran na!: not even worth talking about"

Namco translates this as "Pathetic!"

Yeah I know they don't want to literally translate everything, but come on.

Tekken 7 bring on better translations.

The german translation is even worse. I understand the english, german, french and some of the japanese quotes and the way they translate them is really weird sometimes :D

Btw. Sasuke, I tried to do something about rerankers and after I fight someone like that I go to "licence" and "block the player". Seems to work so far. Earlier I kept getting matched with rerankers notoriously.

Haven't met many "high" rerankers yet, but sometimes there are 1st-5th Dan players who play like 11th-15th Dan players. Correct spacing, punishing, ducking and max damage combos at that level? You're kidding me :D
I should remember that for the future though, when I'm a Berserker finally :p

GrayFoxPL

I really hope we get new character designs for this gen. I won't be happy if we get the same recycled designs we've had for the last 10 years..

EDIT: random comment I found on a T7 news article:

There are a lot of rumors about a PC version and it wouldn't surprise me if PC was the lead platform.

Well games are made on PCs.

The thing is which of the all possible PC configurations is the "lead platform"? There isn't.

All PS4 are the same and technically the can optimize the game to maximum knowing the specs never change. On PC they can generally optimize it but there are many variables.

Top Bottom