• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

AAK

Good stuff bout! I also went 2-2 in my first tournament haha. How far did you have to travel to get to this place?

Dereck

Good stuff bout! I also went 2-2 in my first tournament haha. How far did you have to travel to get to this place?
4 miles, turns out the guy's house I went to has been hosting Street Fighter/Marvel tournaments for about 4 years. I just found out about him on a forum a month ago. Not a lot of people play Tekken seriously but there were just enough people.

Does this mean anything nowadays? Any character is mash friendly.

You can mash with any character, but you will generally get different results depending on their fighting style. For example. Mashing with Eddy or Baek will probably get you a little further than mashing with Nina or Paul. Some characters I think are just more beginner friendly then others in fighters.

Also. Very nice play. Keep doing what you are doing. You will be winning tournaments if you keep it up.

AAK

BTW Bout, you let his Baek get away with doing d/f+1,3 way too much. It's mid high... duck that and kill em! lol. Hope you had fun man.

I like the designs of the new characters so far. Kasumi, Catalina and the Arab. I wonder how many new ones we will get.

I'm excited to see her fighting style in action in the game.

Me too. I actually think this Tekken could have really good character designs if these are any indication. Can't wait to see what they do with the Unreal Engine. Should be a treat. Honestly, Catalina does look related to Christie or something. Not a bad thing imo.

WTF... is she some hitgirl for the drug cartel?

My bets are on one of the two hitgirl or drug smuggler. Would be interesting if she is indeed a criminal from the sounds of it she could be.

I just thought of something, what if she is inspired by Michiko and Hatchin?

AAK

I actually wanna apologize... it was kinda racist of me to automatically assume it'd be related to drug cartels being Latin American. Didn't think before I posted, sorry Latin-GAF.

I actually wanna apologize... it was kinda racist of me to automatically assume it'd be related to drug cartels being Latin American. Didn't think before I posted, sorry Latin-GAF.

It didn't come off that way to me in an intentional manner but I can see why others might.
Nice you apologized though. She doesn't seem to be a cop to me though.

I wonder what her occupation and overall story is.
Going by how they described her she seems to be arrogant I like that.

Rheon

Christie better be getting a major redesign because Catalina's current design looks too much like her IMO.

That or Christie not being in the game, which I don't mind.

sasuke_91

I didn't get to play on this stream a lot since the tournament involved more than one PS3. I think I got 4th place, I lost to a Mishima player

Nice. I'm going to watch some of the matches later.
Speaking of Mishimas, @all: What would you say is the best strategy against a Mishima?

That new character looks like a female version of Miguel. Maybe we'll get our gender bender Tekken GrayFox is hoping for :p

mr_boo

Love the character design for Cat. So simple but feels fresh.

Edit: anyone worried about Wonkey's report on the other character being 2D mechanic based? Please God...no hadoken.....

Sayah

The concept art looks so much better. I don't like the CG design that much. :/

Here's the stream (only shows casuals) http://www.twitch.tv/javastout/b/570269778, I'm the guy talking about Tekken 4 and asking about OBS. I show up on the camera at 35:00

I didn't get to play on this stream a lot since the tournament involved more than one PS3. I think I got 4th place, I lost to a Mishima player.

These dudes play a lot of Street Fighter IV.

Nice!!!!

Love the character design for Cat. So simple but feels fresh.

Edit: anyone worried about Wonkey's report on the other character being 2D mechanic based? Please God...no hadoken.....

Hm....this actually has me thinking if Eliza will be an actual character in Tekken 7 alongside with whoever the new character is.

Dereck

Just signed up for this tournament.

Sfx5vly.png

DEATH™

Darn bout, same day as strongstyle...

destroy them though!

----------------

I am actually wanting to mod christie someday with low rise jeans + thong for a while... then they made this char... all these maya lessons go to waste...

but yeah... hawt!

sasuke_91

Sorry boutdown. I had to leave. Good games. I was a little confused when you started throwing out Snake Edge. "Is he annoyed or is he messing around?" I even forgot to block in that moment^^
Destroy them in the tournament!

Dereck

I noticed this thing after last night called the pocket of complacency. Just because I may win consistently against certain players, that does not mean that I should get comfortable in thinking that I am a solid player. I'm not really going to this tournament to win, but I'm going just to get some tournament experience.

Also, thanks guys for all of the support.

Pachimari

The concept art looks so much better. I don't like the CG design that much. :/

I gotta agree. If anything, the CG makes her look more like Christie, which I don't mind but the artwork is way better. Remove the sunglasses as well.

Seriously, I have to boot up Tekken Tag 2 tonight but it kills it when I got nobody around me to play.

Sayah

I gotta agree. If anything, the CG makes her look more like Christie, which I don't mind but the artwork is way better. Remove the sunglasses as well.

Seriously, I have to boot up Tekken Tag 2 tonight but it kills it when I got nobody around me to play.

Yes, I really hope she's not wearing sunglasses in the actual match too.

GrayFoxPL

I missed everything but Aris brought me up to speed.

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

ya2lrjA.png

Well, well, well.

Let's get one thing out of the way...

Those pants gotta go. Like gone. Now.
This isn't 70's.

Her face is kinda mix of Jessica Alba and someone else. Very nice.

Her fighting style is Savate. Very cool. I wanted this style in Tekken.

Hope she's balanced. Not someone who is mash friendly at first but becomes worthless when knowledge about match up rises.

I hope she's kinda like Jacky, maybe not as godly but you know what I mean.

Not sure how I feel about her talking during fight. Might get old really quick.

And another new character?

Woot. It's gonna be hot in 2 weeks!

Edit:
Also this:
There is another 'yet to be revealed' character to be playable at the October location test, is described to have an emphasis on a new mechanic which the Tekken team hasn't tried before but you may be familiar with in 2D fighting games.

Super combo? Guard break? Air recovery? Guard cancel? Ex moves?

Manbig

Another scantily clad female character that will probably be annoying as shit, because they are going to make her beginner friendly.

Yay...

Pachimari

Since a new character is ready for a location test I wonder what status are the other characters. I wonder if we will get new looks this time.

Well, there'll be 20 playable characters at the location test.

I think they'll all have their classic outfits, like indicated by Heihachi and Kazuya - also didn't Harada-san want them to stay iconic?

Well, there'll be 20 playable characters at the location test.

I think they'll all have their classic outfits, like indicated by Heihachi and Kazuya - also didn't Harada-san want them to stay iconic?

I thought that was mistranslated? 20 is good if that is happening.
I'm meh on his iconic approach with Tekken.

Pachimari

Okay I literally just woke up and have such a sudden urge to play Tekken. In fact, I'm gonna try get back all the games in my collection. Why did I ever sell them, it can be so fun fun going back to the older games and play the older classic stages, listen to the music and play with the mechanics.

I really have a soft spot for Tekken 4. Though all the games are so good.

sasuke_91

So, it's confirmed now. There will be a Tekken tournament at Hessen Crash, the tournament I talked about a few weeks ago! I'm definitely hyped! :D

What should I do to upgrade a lot in the next two weeks?^^
The advice GrayFoxPL gave me definitely helped. I'm a lot less stressed when playing ranked. I just concentrate on punishing what I know is punishable and trying to catch my opponent in my mixups. I even managed to defeat some reranks. Thanks, Sensei :)

GrayFoxPL

Great job Sasuke. If you feel confident in your playstyle, don't change it. Focus on ironing out the details. Like never giving opponent enough room to tag in full raged on character.

Ending combos with Steve's ff+2 or fff+2 is great because it spikes them close and they can't escape beside tag crash and when they desperately raw tag out you catch them with f+2,1 or incoming character with f+3,2 uppercut, it has large forward range so it's priceless even at 2-3 character length distance.
Try to have in mind that thing in combos.

There's no wall/it's too far away - you don't blow away opponent too far away in last hit of combo. So what if you get in some damage if he can freely tag in rage mode char and you are even little too far to punish. It's a shitty situation. Like that Steve's combo ender when from flicker we do b+1, B 3+4 albatros spin 1 instead of 1 just hold f you end up peak-a-boo in face opponent who thinks you dropped combo so either tech rolls so he can get hit by uf+2 shoryuken, he can raw tag and get partner killed by shoryuken too(plus take away rage) or even pick up again by 1,2,1 or df+1,1,2,1 bound. If he stays on the ground you can still d+2 for decent damage.
Situation like this has almost all of the best options on Steve's side.

Peak-a-boo right in front of grounded opponent = Happy Steve.

If there's wall - blow him into it. Go wild. I'm terrible at wall combos so I even prefer to spike them on the ground close to wall because it's still advantageous position for me, but you got strong wall combos.

But I'm babbling but worst thing to do is give opponent free rage character in. How much damage this is? 250% 300% on ch? 3 dumb safe mids and your health is gone. Not worth it.

So yeah my advice is :Control their Rage.

Btw. I hope rage is gone from T7.

Sayah

Dat racist Eddy.

Kings look like socks lol.

Wait, theres Kazuya, Kazuya and Devil Kazuya.

Guys pick 4 characters you want to see the most at loc test from old characters.(to see their changes etc.)

Kazuya
Steve
Raven
Jin

This will be obvious for me:

Nina
Anna
Yoshimitsu (I want to see the new design)
Hwoarang
So, it's confirmed now. There will be a Tekken tournament at Hessen Crash, the tournament I talked about a few weeks ago! I'm definitely hyped! :D

What should I do to upgrade a lot in the next two weeks?^^
The advice GrayFoxPL gave me definitely helped. I'm a lot less stressed when playing ranked. I just concentrate on punishing what I know is punishable and trying to catch my opponent in my mixups. I even managed to defeat some reranks. Thanks, Sensei :)

Wow, good luck. And sorry I missed your message yesterday.

I LOVE this art.

Rheon

Dat racist Eddy.

Kings look like socks lol.

Wait, theres Kazuya, Kazuya and Devil Kazuya.

Guys pick 4 characters you want to see the most at loc test from old characters.(to see their changes etc.)

Kazuya
Steve
Raven
Jin

I wanna see:
Lili
Forest/Marshall (I preferred Forest in TTT2 so I kinda hope he replaces Marshall)
Nina
Asuka

GrayFoxPL

This will be obvious for me:

Nina
Anna
Yoshimitsu (I want to see the new design)
Hwoarang

Wow, good luck. And sorry I missed your message yesterday.

Yoshi getting new moveset again.

I picked him recently and damn he's difficult to use. Mostly because he can't do instant down jab. d,df,db, with 1 or 2 all are specific moves and makes him not intuitive while switching from anyone else. You gotta focus on him 100%.

Sayah

Yoshi getting new moveset again.

I picked him recently and damn he's difficult to use. Mostly because he can't do instant down jab. d,df,db, with 1 or 2 all are specific moves and makes him not intuitive while switching from anyone else. You gotta focus on him 100%.

Yeah, I've tried picking him up but I can't get to JFJ's level. :(

4 Characters?

Raven
Baek
Steve
Lei

I HIGHLY doubt Baek will be coming back. And I'm happy that he isn't. :)

GrayFoxPL

Yeah, I've tried picking him up but I can't get to JFJ's level. :(

I HIGHLY doubt Baek will be coming back. And I'm happy that he isn't. :)

I can't get to any level with him also getting him a good partner...ugh. I paired him with Jaycee, works almost decent.

Baek and Anna will be watching Tekken 7 from the sidelines. (On every stage.)

Top Bottom