• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Sayah

I wished MarkMan was there doing the stream for Tekken 7 location tests. Niconico video quality is just going to be absurd. :/

I wouldn't mind a young teen taking over Wang's moveset.
Write something like he was looking for a successor to carry the torch.

Xiaoyu may be his granddaughter but her moveset is fine as is.

GrayFoxPL

I wouldn't mind a young teen taking over Wang's moveset.
Write something like he was looking for a successor to carry the torch.

Xiaoyu may be his granddaughter but her moveset is fine as is.

Wang's great granddaughter/son would be fan favorite.

But only having few of his moves rest should be new.

GrayFoxPL

That could work.

For Baek I wouldn't mind something camp like a part time kpop star who took lessons.
Would be hilarious.

That would be fun. Lol. I must admit male kpop stars are doing pretty good job in movies. Like that T.O.P dude in Commitment.

I'd love a kung fu-mixed-everything dude but without stances and very fast. Kinda like Jon Foo.

ihaUJP8Ht1lkA.gif

ijgXxqTCRgnK5.gif

i6BWNiylY6maD.gif

King (multi-throw animation updates)
Nina (multi-throw animation updates)
Bruce (because I fear he's going to be cut)
Kunimitsu (because I fear she's going to be cut)

AZUMIKE

Bruce (if not Bruce, then the boy who admired him from Tekken 2)
Yoshi (feel like that's not likely for an early loc test)
Bob (Wonder if he'll return...)
Lars

GrayFoxPL

She did, that mid air throw in tag 2 belongs to Natsu.
I hope she doesn't get cut she has a neat design and can have an interesting story.

Someone will get cut. This game will probably have more new characters then traditionally 2. Probably new replacement chars. Didn't Harada want to replace Ganryu with Sumo girl(cute thin one)? There was some kind of artwork on his twitter.

My guess.

Cut:
Kuni
Jinpachi
Wang
Jun
Anna

Obviously nonsense like Ogre, Angel or P.Jack and clones cut also.

Cut but replaced:
Ganryu
Baek
Bruce maybe but unlikely.

Remade:
Bob - Thin if T6 ending is canon.
Alisa

Someone will get cut. This game will probably have more new characters then traditionally 2. Probably new replacement chars. Didn't Harada want to replace Ganryu with Sumo girl(cute thin one)? There was some kind of artwork on his twitter.

My guess.

Cut:
Kuni
Jinpachi
Wang
Jun
Anna

Obviously nonsense like Ogre, Angel or P.Jack, Angel and clones cut also.

Cut but replaced:
Ganryu
Baek
Bruce maybe but unlikely.

Remade:
Bob - Thin if T6 ending is canon.
Alisa

I think the same is gonna happen. We already have three new characters we know of.
Catalina,Kazumi and one who has not been shown yet. I wouldn't be surprised the 20 we see on location tests are the oldies and the rest new.

sasuke_91

Great job Sasuke. If you feel confident in your playstyle, don't change it. Focus on ironing out the details. Like never giving opponent enough room to tag in full raged on character.

Ending combos with Steve's ff+2 or fff+2 is great because it spikes them close and they can't escape beside tag crash and when they desperately raw tag out you catch them with f+2,1 or incoming character with f+3,2 uppercut, it has large forward range so it's priceless even at 2-3 character length distance.
Try to have in mind that thing in combos.

There's no wall/it's too far away - you don't blow away opponent too far away in last hit of combo. So what if you get in some damage if he can freely tag in rage mode char and you are even little too far to punish. It's a shitty situation. Like that Steve's combo ender when from flicker we do b+1, B 3+4 albatros spin 1 instead of 1 just hold f you end up peak-a-boo in face opponent who thinks you dropped combo so either tech rolls so he can get hit by uf+2 shoryuken, he can raw tag and get partner killed by shoryuken too(plus take away rage) or even pick up again by 1,2,1 or df+1,1,2,1 bound. If he stays on the ground you can still d+2 for decent damage.
Situation like this has almost all of the best options on Steve's side.

Peak-a-boo right in front of grounded opponent = Happy Steve.

If there's wall - blow him into it. Go wild. I'm terrible at wall combos so I even prefer to spike them on the ground close to wall because it's still advantageous position for me, but you got strong wall combos.

But I'm babbling but worst thing to do is give opponent free rage character in. How much damage this is? 250% 300% on ch? 3 dumb safe mids and your health is gone. Not worth it.

So yeah my advice is :Control their Rage.

Btw. I hope rage is gone from T7.

Thanks for the advice. I still have to learn how to make my opponent pay for dumb raw tag or how to launch crash tag in my face. My tag also needs some work, but that's another story^^

Wow, good luck. And sorry I missed your message yesterday.

Thanks. And no problem, I got the message you sent later, but I turned off the PS3 already.

My picks:

Hwoarang (gimme those Beak stances)
Xiaoyu (make her top tier, Harada-san. I believe in you)
Steve
Jin

Pachimari

Jin Kazama
Bruce Irvin (fear he'll be cut)
Kunimitsu (fear she'll be cut)
Alisa (hope they made something interesting with her)

I will always root for the old guard but have accepted we won't see Michelle.

Just don't cut my Tekken 2 characters.

sasuke_91

Wow, I just checked my calendar...
Eid Al Adha (islamic holiday): October 4th/5th
Hessen Crash: October 4th/5th

I guess my chance of going to a tourney is over :(

mr_boo

Guys pick 4 characters you want to see the most at loc test from old characters.(to see their changes etc.)
Lei - personal preference here (one of my mains)...if their aim is for simplification, I really hope they drop his animal stances (and give them to one or two new characters) and just make him full blow Drunken Fist.

Ling - another one of my mains...I want to see an evolution from a teenage girl to a full grown woman here.

Hworang - always been one of my favorite characters design-wise.

King - curious to see if it will be the same old King mold, or if they are going to really switch gears and go out of the box on this one (e.g., female King or Marduk-ish size or maybe even Bob-size ish) ...King fans don't hate me :p

AAK

Wow, I just checked my calendar...
Eid Al Adha (islamic holiday): October 4th/5th
Hessen Crash: October 4th/5th

I guess my chance of going to a tourney is over :(

The whole point of Eid is to have fun as well :)

The Eid prayer will be in the morning and you could go to the tourney after... unless it will be too inconvenient where you need to travel far to do so or if you have family commitments. Regardless man, remember to enjoy the weekend! :)

sasuke_91

The whole point of Eid is to have fun as well :)

The Eid prayer will be in the morning and you could go to the tourney after... unless it will be too inconvenient where you need to travel far to do so or if you have family commitments. Regardless man, remember to enjoy the weekend! :)

My post sounded more negative than it should have.
If Eid is on Sunday, I'll probably go and visit some family, so going to a tournament would not be possible. If Eid is on Saturday, I could make it to the tournament. Even if I don't make it, there might be another chance. Or I'll mail some of the guys who live in my area and try to do some offline sessions.
I made it this far in trying to meet some Tekken guys, so why stop here :p

GrayFoxPL

Bad luck in tournament timing. Happens, don't worry Sasuke, there gonna be more tournies.

I found very good partner for Yoshimitsu...Bryan. Mortal enemies or not they work like clockwork.

When I tested them in online player I beat Warrior dude on my second match, lol.

I want to focus on Yoshi more seriously. Right now i rely on cheap ass mixups from ws2,1 and strong juggles but he has so much more up his sleeve. Like after you hit with f+3 if you go right away for f+1+2 it has huge chance to bound opponent if he twitches. Probably only staying down prevents this. Very cool. Now I'm gonna look up his frames.

AAK

Yoshimitsu aye? Don't forget to utilize flash!

Yoshimitsu can launch a bunch of character for -12 moves and even safe moves! You know how Bob torments people at the wall? You know how some Bob players try to hitconfirm the headbutt into the crackerjack? Yoshimitsu can ALWAYS flash punish the headbutt and if they do the crackerjack follow up, flash will counterhit them!

You know Feng's d/b+1,2? You think you only get a 12 frame punish?? LOL Yoshi flashes that sucka and launches him. If they think they're smart and do the d/b+1 cancel into shifting clouds... BIG MISTAKE flash will still get them!

You know Julia's windroll shenanigans from shotgun? Flash kills all of them except the sweep I think... but that is death on block so Flash scares the hell out of me regardless. :)

sasuke_91

Bad luck in tournament timing. Happens, don't worry Sasuke, there gonna be more tournies.

You're right. There has to be another one :)

I found very good partner for Yoshimitsu...Bryan. Mortal enemies or not they work like clockwork.

When I tested them in online player I beat Warrior dude on my second match, lol.

Oh, Bryan. Very hard to deal with. On lower ranks you throw out Snake Edge without fear, so satisfying :D

Speaking of throwing out moves without fear: I got Leo to Marauder yesterday, but not getting punished for dumb shit sure makes my gameplay sloppy. Being able to throw out d4,2 without getting the second one ducked or spamming db1+2,2 (or 1? I just press 1+2 again :D) at the wall is something I probably have to stop if I don't want to get killed by experienced players.
So fun though^^ The only people I lose against are reranks. Leo has a win rate of almost 70%. Really motivates me.

EDIT: @AAK: Hard to believe that Yoshi is such a low tier character considering how frightening he seems to be. I don't know any tournament player who plays Yoshi either. I don't know that many pro players though.

GrayFoxPL

Yoshimitsu aye? Don't forget to utilize flash!

Yoshimitsu can launch a bunch of character for -12 moves and even safe moves! You know how Bob torments people at the wall? You know how some Bob players try to hitconfirm the headbutt into the crackerjack? Yoshimitsu can ALWAYS flash punish the headbutt and if they do the crackerjack follow up, flash will counterhit them!

You know Feng's d/b+1,2? You think you only get a 12 frame punish?? LOL Yoshi flashes that sucka and launches him. If they think they're smart and do the d/b+1 cancel into shifting clouds... BIG MISTAKE flash will still get them!

You know Julia's windroll shenanigans from shotgun? Flash kills all of them except the sweep I think... but that is death on block so Flash scares the hell out of me regardless. :)

I can't utilize flash yet. I gotta buffer it by holding 1 then 4 or do 1+2~4.
Not sure how to use it. I saw people doing after they are minus on block.
I guess I gotta treat it like a reversal?

Never hit anyone with it yet, lol. Guess it's gotta be zero range specific situations like the ones you mentioned.

One day I'll get to this.

Pachimari

Woah, for the next 2 months I will have time to practice Tekken from Thursday to Monday.

I'm thinking of just rolling with one character in Tag 2 now and start out with the basics.

I will use my controller instead of my Hori V3 setting I highly likely won't have an arcade stick for Tekken 7.

I remember I trained my movement, sidestepping and some counters with boutdown and even though I'm looking to replace my Law I can still use these basics.

But I want to practice with a character that isn't beginner friendly but probably not a Mishima either.

Is Bruce regarded as a beginner friendly character?

Bruce is on the very low end of execution requirements so he's easy to pick up in that sense, but his fighting style takes a little time to get used to. He gets all of his damage off counterhits, and his primary attacking tools are either to get or bait counterhits. You need quality spacing and reads to make good use of him.

In lesser words, some would consider him a boring character, but dat damage. :O

sasuke_91

But I want to practice with a character that isn't beginner friendly but probably not a Mishima either.

You could try out Nina or Yoshimitsu if you want to get frustrated :p
There are many difficult characters in the game, like Bryan, Lee, Hwoarang, Steve, Xiaoyu, Lei, Beak, Zafina, AKing.
I guess Bruce can be called beginner friendly. Very high damage, no problems in terms of execution...
EDIT: ...what Famicom says

GrayFoxPL

You're right. There has to be another one :)

Oh, Bryan. Very hard to deal with. On lower ranks you throw out Snake Edge without fear, so satisfying :D

Speaking of throwing out moves without fear: I got Leo to Marauder yesterday, but not getting punished for dumb shit sure makes my gameplay sloppy. Being able to throw out d4,2 without getting the second one ducked or spamming db1+2,2 (or 1? I just press 1+2 again :D) at the wall is something I probably have to stop if I don't want to get killed by experienced players.
So fun though^^ The only people I lose against are reranks. Leo has a win rate of almost 70%. Really motivates me.

EDIT: @AAK: Hard to believe that Yoshi is such a low tier character considering how frightening he seems to be. I don't know any tournament player who plays Yoshi either. I don't know that many pro players though.

Leo Marauder already? Nice! Keep destroying!

Yeah d4,2 is risky, though good on ch. Lows are Leo's weakness, all are bad on block, df+2+3 it's -11 and his safest low, qcf+1 is bad too but it's pretty fast and crouches under highs, also FC df+3 is good to hit grounded oponents for decent damage. If it hits with opponent close to wall the second df+3 should be guaranteed, I think.

Abusing db+1+2,1 is good. First move is -9, second -12 but I think it's a hit confirm? You can also do db+1+2 D to go into BOK stance and on hit you are +4 doing so. db+1+2 alone is +7 on hit so without walls you can go crazy with mixups.

Edit: JustFrameJames is great tournament Yoshi player. His playstyle is unorthodox even for a Yoshi.

Woah, for the next 2 months I will have time to practice Tekken from Thursday to Monday.

I'm thinking of just rolling with one character in Tag 2 now and start out with the basics.

I will use my controller instead of my Hori V3 setting I highly likely won't have an arcade stick for Tekken 7.

I remember I trained my movement, sidestepping and some counters with boutdown and even though I'm looking to replace my Law I can still use these basics.

Bruce is not beginner friendly per se. But once you learn his basics and combos he deals out insane damage really easy. Gonna get nerfed in T7, you can count on it. ;)

Edit: So maybe he is beginner friendly. ;) What I mean he's not like Forest Law beginner friendly.

AAK

Rami aka Potatobrain from Montreal uses Yoshimitsu. He's the one that I saw do all this cool stuff with Yoshi. I remember seeing him punish Bob's f,f+2 with flash while his back was at the wall haha.

As for the execution for flash, since I play claw style, it's easy for me to simply do the 1+4 input with my index & middle finger. I guess if you play with your thumb you'll need to go into macros... or if you're Fab/GM move your hand fast enough between thumb and claw to press 1+4 on reaction :p

Low tier in TTT2 doesn't really mean much haha. But In my opinion he's low tier because of how much knowledge he demands to be proficient with. Most of the cast has their usual things they can do when +12, +13, etc. But Yoshimitsu with having Flash and a NSS stance which is pretty much another character in itself makes knowing the character extremely challenging. How Nina is the execution monster... Yoshimitsu is by far the knowledge monster of Tekken.

GrayFoxPL

Rami aka Potatobrain from Montreal uses Yoshimitsu. He's the one that I saw do all this cool stuff with Yoshi. I remember seeing him punish Bob's f,f+2 with flash while his back was at the wall haha.

As for the execution for flash, since I play claw style, it's easy for me to simply do the 1+4 input with my index & middle finger. I guess if you play with your thumb you'll need to go into macros... or if you're Fab/GM move your hand fast enough between thumb and claw to press 1+4 on reaction :p

Low tier in TTT2 doesn't really mean much haha. But In my opinion he's low tier because of how much knowledge he demands to be proficient with. Most of the cast has their usual things they can do when +12, +13, etc. But Yoshimitsu with having Flash and a NSS stance which is pretty much another character in itself makes knowing the character extremely challenging. How Nina is the execution monster... Yoshimitsu is by far the knowledge monster of Tekken.

Can't use claw. I have only 2 buttons binded for 1+2 and 3+4 I can't push any other, sometimes L2 but can't use the pad then, so I don't use it 99% of the time. Every other I have to buffer, that's why I hate 1+4, I must push both with my thumb.

Btw my button config:
X-3
O-4
Square-1
R1-2
Triangle-3+4
R2-1+2
Tag-whack right stick

Edit:
Still Yoshi rules and I can't wait when I suicide someone online. :D

Btw. AAK did you ever menage to poison knee taunt on some Bryan in a real match?

Badass art.
ixF9LerVWiOK6.jpg

sasuke_91

Yeah d4,2 is risky, though good on ch. Lows are Leo's weakness, all are bad on block, df+2+3 it's -11 and his safest low, qcf+1 is bad too but it's pretty fast and crouches under highs, also FC df+3 is good to hit grounded oponents for decent damage. If it hits with opponent close to wall the second df+3 should be guaranteed, I think.

Abusing db+1+2,1 is good. First move is -9, second -12 but I think it's a hit confirm? You can also do db+1+2 D to go into BOK stance and on hit you are +4 doing so. db+1+2 alone is +7 on hit so without walls you can go crazy with mixups.

Thanks, didn't know about the BOK transition. Yeah, second df+3 is guaranteed at the wall. That morning b&b had some interesting information regarding Leo.
It's really weird for me though, because I only really play difficult characters like Hwoarang and Xiaoyu and then there's Leo. Very easy character, great damage, fast and those juggles are great.

That's something I always wanted to ask Tekken GAF's pad users: Do you play claw style or with your thumbs?
I play claw style since Tekken 4, because I saw my brother doing it and Steve seemed a lot easier using your index and middle finger. For me it's a lot easier, but pressing R1 and R2 is a bit difficult.
As for my button config:
R1: 1+3/2+4 (I change it everytime :p)
R2: 1+2
L1 is the tag button
L2: 3+4
Not having the L1 button was difficult for me when I started playing TTT2, but now I wouldn't even know what to do with the button^^

And then there's Kazuya, who is a bit of both :D
Yeah, some characters need a lot more time and commitment than others, especially since there are so many of them...

GrayFoxPL

And then there's Kazuya, who is a bit of both :D
Yeah, some characters need a lot more time and commitment than others, especially since there are so many of them...

...but it seems the number will get smaller.

I wouldn't be surprised if the first retail version of Tekken 7 would have "only" 30 characters.
Then in the matter of year they'd fill in the rest and release new version.

Unless they'll be busy making TxSF which we know won't happen ;P.

Edit:
You gotta memorize quite a lot with Leo.

It's not like my Paul where flowchart is"Deathfiiiiiiiiiist! Did it hit? No - df1~b4, d+1+2. Deathfiiiiiiiiiist! Did it hit? Yes! Run up demoman!" :p

I don't see much of Leo's online so it's not like it's an easy character choice like Alisa, Lili etc.

You are just good with her, so keep getting better and better.
You gotta have good reward type character in your ranks too.

When I lose I go to Paul. Because everyone needs their "Paul" in life. ;)

popyea

That's something I always wanted to ask Tekken GAF's pad users: Do you play claw style or with your thumbs?

I used to claw, but now that I can only play on WiiU my setup looks like this.
L=1
R=2
X=3
A=4

I do it this way so I don't have to move any of my fingers except for directional input. I couldn't claw because in off-tv mode that obscures the screen. It took getting used to, but now it feels good have equal accessibility to all the main buttons.

Another day, another try to get back on TTT2 on PS3.
And another time I have shut down my console with the words "fuck this game".

I love Tekken but these turtles are way too annoying.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Dat racist Eddy.

Kings look like socks lol.

Wait, theres Kazuya, Kazuya and Devil Kazuya.

Guys pick 4 characters you want to see the most at loc test from old characters.(to see their changes etc.)

Kazuya
Steve
Raven
Jin

Miguel
Armor King
Steve
Dragunov

Hoping they cut Alisas anime ass out entirely.

Pachimari

I can't express how excited I am too see Catalina in action and I really hope Kasumi (Kazumi?) is playable and not just a boss character.

Now give me that Eskrima character...

Or Shin.

Another day, another try to get back on TTT2 on PS3.
And another time I have shut down my console with the words "fuck this game".

I love Tekken but these turtles are way too annoying.
We should try to an online match. Because I'm no good either.

But eventually I'll be one of the best, with the training and advice of GAF. :)

sasuke_91

Sorry for the double post but Sasuke did you hear about the tournament Berlin Tekken Crash?

It's gonna be pretty darn big ;) Lots of Polish representatives too! *nudges GrayFox*

Ehehe, Berlin is on the other side of Germany, 600km away^^
Poor student, no car, and my ticket only lets me travel in my area.
But daaamn, would be nice to play GrayFox offline :D

Top Bottom