• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

I know it wasn't his fault but I can guess for Harada what mattered was who was responsible for delivering the stream. You know Japanese, they don't accept excuses. Harada is waiting for Spooky's fingers.

;)

Spooky is the best pro at streaming business but I wouldn't count that incident as something Harada let slip past.

I've seen some yakuza flicks I know this shit. ;)

(It's late, sorry)

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert)

Rheon

I've been watching some T4 gameplay recently and damn, the atmosphere of that game was everything. It felt.. different and refreshing from the other Tekken games.
I can only hope T7 will evoke the same kinda feeling.

Oh and what if being able to move before rounds like T4 was brought back? Most fighting games these days have that facility and it shouldn't affect gameplay too much, I think.

GrayFoxPL

I've been watching some T4 gameplay recently and damn, the atmosphere of that game was everything. It felt.. different and refreshing from the other Tekken games.
I can only hope T7 will evoke the same kinda feeling.

Oh and what if being able to move before rounds like T4 was brought back? Most fighting games these days have that facility and it shouldn't affect gameplay too much, I think.

That moving? Nah. I don't want to fight over position before fight starts. But I do want the characters to start further apart. The whole "Guess my move!" when round starts is kinda annoying. Hopkick, jab, down jab, backsway move, low... etc. I get it, I don't like it.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I know it wasn't his fault but I can guess for Harada what mattered was who was responsible for delivering the stream. You know Japanese, they don't accept excuses. Harada is waiting for Spooky's fingers.

;)

Spooky is the best pro at streaming business but I wouldn't count that incident as something Harada let slip past.

I've seen some yakuza flicks I know this shit. ;)

(It's late, sorry)

Harada was very happy with spooky's help. Spooky has the biggest community reach out there when it comes to streaming. It was a last minute/poorly planned request on NBGA's side. That was that. Sp00ky helped with a ton of other stuff that you guys don't see. But yeah, you don't see it. lol.

GrayFoxPL

Harada was very happy with spooky's help. Spooky has the biggest community reach out there when it comes to streaming. It was a last minute/poorly planned request on NBGA's side. That was that. Sp00ky helped with a ton of other stuff that you guys don't see. But yeah, you don't see it. lol.

I see. Hope he'll get to provide future T7 streams.

Martal

Neo Member
Hey guys, Im a long time Tekken fan and after doing some casuals in TTT2 at work, im ready to get a bit more serious about it.
First of all, I wanted to ask if the 360 still has any players online. Also, when playing online, is it always set to Tag or are there players who play Solo as well?

GrayFoxPL

Hey guys, Im a long time Tekken fan and after doing some casuals in TTT2 at work, im ready to get a bit more serious about it.
First of all, I wanted to ask if the 360 still has any players online. Also, when playing online, is it always set to Tag or are there players who play Solo as well?

Dunno about 360 online.

When online you meet solo, tag and 2 players tag marked red.

Sayah

I'm reusing this gif.
JLijS.gif

Congrats. Make it to #1 for us all man!!!!!! :)

It cannot be denied you've come such a long way since you first began playing TTT2. That improvement.

Dereck

Thanks guys, for all of your support. If it wasn't for the people in this thread, I probably would have never sought out a Tekken community down here.

Is there a good way to deal with the options after being hit by Julia's b+3 or do I just have to hold these mixups forever. I know you can low parry the second part of the string even if you don't block the first, but you're left open to all kinds of other crap.

Also found out that Bruce can't launch punish Ogre's 1+2, 1+2, 1+2 string. :/

Sayah

Is there a good way to deal with the options after being hit by Julia's b+3 or do I just have to hold these mixups forever. I know you can low parry the second part of the string even if you don't block the first, but you're left open to all kinds of other crap.

I don't even remember what that move does. Any video of it being performed?

I also learned two weeks ago I can't launch punish Miguel's d/f+2 from Savage Stance using Anna or Nina. Same goes for his shoulder tackle. :/

GrayFoxPL

You sure? This thing is like -20 anything ws should hit him.

I don't even remember what that move does. Any video of it being performed?

This thing.

Sayah

Awesome. Thanks. :)

@Famicom --> You can always duck and block the second hit in the string. However, in case they decide to not do the full string, don't stay ducking. I don't think that move is delay-able so either they do the full string or they don't.

I generally just try to anticipate that move. Anna's Chaos judgment is easy punish. Or do a move that crushes lows. E.g. Nina has u/f+1.

GrayFoxPL

It's not the frames, it's the range. Hopkick whiffs, WS2 whiffs, WS3 whiffs at max range so even the mini combo isn't guaranteed there. uf3+4 is guaranteed but unsatisfying.

Interesting. Maybe dash hopkick? Or d+3+4 into oki? I'll check it out tomorrow. There should be something half decent.

AAK

So the only update we have for top 8 is:

1 korea 1 japan 2 norcal 2 socal 1 uk 1 ten

So that confirms Saint, LilMajin, and Starscream

As for the rest.... Socal could be: JFJ, Kayyal, Inkognito, RiB
Norcal could be: Bronson, PrincessLing, Mr. Naps
Japan is either: Nobi or Yuu (I think Jackler was confirmed defeated)

Starscream!!!!

ibzG48ohfsfARu.gif

AAK

From Lil Majin:

"Anakin lost 1-3 to JFJ for top 8. Bronson beats Book 3-0. StarScream beat Rib 3-1. Princess Ling beat SK 3-2, then he beat Kayyal 3-2 and lost to Inkog 1-3 for top 8. Top 8 Winners Majin Naps Saint Nobi Losers StarScream JFJ Bronson Inkog"

sasuke_91

Woah nice. When's the semifinals? Even when you say you don't go there in order to win, I hope you'll kick some serious ass :p

This biggest Tekken event in US doesn't have a stream?

itxm9mBPuY81R.gif

Thaat looks painful.

Starscream!!!!

ibzG48ohfsfARu.gif

Starscream and Speedkicks, my favourite Hwoarang-players. I can't get enough of these two. They even play the same team, but their style is different and I love both.

I can't seem to be able to accomplish anything with Hwoarang/Steve. Outside of ranked, they are my best team, but in ranked battles I lose against Grand Masters. I could even get demoted to Grand Master if I continue to play like that D:
I didn't even have a bad day. I got Jin to Marauder and Violet to Fighter today. 8 win streak and only stopped because my execution seemed to become a bit bad and I suck when my execution gets worse.

Xevren

From Lil Majin:

"Anakin lost 1-3 to JFJ for top 8. Bronson beats Book 3-0. StarScream beat Rib 3-1. Princess Ling beat SK 3-2, then he beat Kayyal 3-2 and lost to Inkog 1-3 for top 8. Top 8 Winners Majin Naps Saint Nobi Losers StarScream JFJ Bronson Inkog"

God damn! Has Bronson said how the matches are going to be released in the wild? I honestly wouldn't even mind buying a dvd of the matches or something just to watch.

AAK

God damn! Has Bronson said how the matches are going to be released in the wild? I honestly wouldn't even mind buying a dvd of the matches or something just to watch.

Apparently he recorded ALL the matches. Already 320 matches alone for pool play before the 64 man double elimination bracket.

EDIT: As to HOW he's going to send it... I have no idea. All I remember him saying is that he'll be giving it away for free. That makes it sound like it'll be uploaded to iplaywinner or something. But I'd LOOOVE for there to be a DVD.

AZUMIKE

From Lil Majin:

Yooo, thats a stacked top 8!!!

AAK

Damn WHAT DID I SAY! That whiff and Bob unleashes with ws+2,1 FTW!

;)

But great composure man for still getting the victory after the grabapolooza that got unleashed on you. Remember, after a 1 jab be on the lookout for giant swing!

Top Bottom