• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

zlatko

Banned
I think eventually the ability of teams to manipulate red life and test the opponents knowledge of two characters will win out over solo teams.

But, everyone should play what they want.

I agree that the tag is where the pros will shine at, but my scrub self may just enjoy learning 1 character over 2. :p

Can anyone who ordered the 360 version of the game from EBGames.ca confirm whether it also comes with the bikini DLC? I'm looking at the page and it doesn't give that indication, but I'm thinking it might have been a mistake on their part. I don't know why they would include it for PS3 and not the 360.

i got it on PS3 and there's only 1 code for all pre-rder DLC, so it might be 1 code as well for 360?

DR2K

Banned
How so? Minus Scenario Campaign (which was a terribly boring slog), TTT2 seems to have all the single player modes T6 had and then some.

The big story mode campaign is missing. Which I'm glad for, but I can see reviewers taking points away from a fighting game for lacking non fighting game modes.

Sayah

full cg but not every character has an ending.

btw: is it true that you can unlock all the cg scenes from tekken 1-3?

I think Tiger is the only one without an ending.

The big story mode campaign is missing. Which I'm glad for, but I can see reviewers taking points away from a fighting game for lacking non fighting game modes.

I don't think anyone's upset with the lack of a Scenario Campaign.

zlatko

Banned
Tag combos are not that hard to do and are a blast to do :p

Tag combos I'm sure I can free form some shit, but I always feel overwhelmed with how much moves each character has in Tekken, so to learn two characters may daunt me. I fully expect to play 2 right out the gate and see if I can find some synergy that works for me.

Steve/Lei
Steve/Bryan
Steve/Jinpachi
Steve/King
Steve/Armor King
Steve/Kazuya
Steve/Devil Jin

These are all possible combos for me right out the gate.

Nuklear

Banned
IIRC, Gamespot also famously knocked a Ratchet & Clank game for having "too much content" (they said "variety" in this case but it was the same argument). Series fans were thrilled with the amount of side-content available and it's widely regarded as the best game in the series.

I will never understand this.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was the same reviewer. He probably got fired from Gamespot for giving that poor excuse and was hired by IGN(unbeknownest to them).

Sayah

Wow, it's a "Perfectly solid experience" that get's docked 2 and a half points because the training mode is too hard for his liking and there are too many characters in the game.

What a piss poor review, that shit doesn't deserve clicks from anyone.

You should read the written review. Guy doesn't even talk about all the features and goes on about how it's not beginner/noob friendly. Well, hurr durr. I don't care about scores as long as the review justifies itself. But pretty much saying "I suck at fighting games and don't know how to pull off flashy combos and there are too many modes" are not legitimate flaws. This is why gaming journalism has been a complete joke for awhile now.

IronLich

So who here has completed Fight Lab yet?

The surprise opponents in the last test had me rolling!

But this game is pure love. Tekken feels smoother than ever.

PSN: RADRAD1985

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
d8805c8cfc4211e1af7822000a1e8caa_7.jpg

Get ready for the next WAR.

So who here has completed Fight Lab yet?

The surprise opponents in the last test had me rolling!

But this game is pure love. Tekken feels smoother than ever.

PSN: RADRAD1985

Yes. I remember when people thought the "leaked" images of those edits were WIP for
Tekken x Street Fighter
. lol.

I never noticed how incredibly tall Jinpachi was until I saw him with that edit.

Xav

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is going the same route a SoulCalibur V, if you play fighting games for the fighting then these two are probably the best in their respective series. If you're more casual to fighting games then the lack of extra modes and features isn't going to sit well with you. Personally I love the idea of focusing on the fighting instead of gimmicky extras but that's just me.

Sayah

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is going the same route a SoulCalibur V, if you play fighting games for the fighting then these two are probably the best in their respective series. If you're more casual to fighting games then the lack of extra modes and features isn't going to sit well with you. Personally I love the idea of focusing on the fighting instead of gimmicky extras but that's just me.

Lack of extra modes? I'm not exactly sure about that. The game has A LOT of content for both casual and hardcore players.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So yeah, after an extended amount of play time with the PS3 version, it's a bit disappointing- the game stopping to load on any character with an outfit other than their default is incredibly annoying. It just keeps loading more than the 360 version -noticeably so- and breaks up what should be a smoother experience.

Since my main PSN account registers itself as Japanese, I deleted my save data and will be playing under my alt "lyteedge2" account- please add me if you added me to "lyteedge" before.

Currently-reinstalling the game to see if something went wrong the first time.

8byte

Banned
Jinpachi!

Team OLD

I'll have to look into this, haha. I was thinking of picking up Miguel, played a few rounds online and he seems kind of quick. Still ended up beating the guy since he just tried to pressure. Wangs parry > * (well, against new players).

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Got the game for PS3 about an hour ago, the graphics are very good IMO. I ran through combot mode, It was a nice treat seeing
Akuma
show up lol.

Top Bottom