• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Sayah

Pool of players is smaller. That and the game has more "depth" That's why it takes so long to find things in Tekken. If we had a huge community. Game would've been figured out.

I'll be watching T7 though. Don't care for discovery that much.

That's also true. TTT2 isn't the most popular of Tekken games unfortunately. :/

Or should I say it's the least popular Tekken game after maybe Tekken 4? At least in North America. Japan is still getting annual MasterCup and other tournaments with crazy number of entrants. Though, alternatively StrongStyle has been pretty successful for TTT2 so I don't know.

I would consider Strongstyle a outlier since it hasn't been a regular tournament in years.

I'm honestly not too worried about Tekken competitively though. The Last game was just too inclusive for it's own good and T7 looks to make the game digestable but at the same time I'm not looking at it to be this big game changer just a return to proper form.

Sayah

I agree. However, I think Tekken can grow even bigger than before if there is proper PC support. That means a PC release that coincides with console release. All the other fighting games are dead because the PC release was months or years later than the console release.

Forget Rise of Incarnates. Tekken 7 has true potential to be Namco's premier fighting game title for PC. I really want Tekken to grow. Like have a massive audience at the levels of Counter Strike. It will never happen but it's a nice dream to have seeing fighting games rise out of the niche and into the mainstream.

Yeah I think a proper PC release can potentially help it. To what extent I couldn't fathom a guess.

Not really too focused on T7 until it actually comes out on console as MKX would be out and I will be competing in that and TTT2.

Sayah

I'm currently going to be focusing on Smash Bros. if my life lets me until the Tekken 7 release.

I'm really interested in trying out MKX as well. Just hope it's not clunky like the other neatherrealm games.

I'm currently going to be focusing on Smash Bros. if my life lets me until the Tekken 7 release.

I'm really interested in trying out MKX as well. Just hope it's not clunky like the other neatherrealm games.

Visually or actual gameplay?

Because all FGs at least to me are clunky when you barely know how to play them.

Sayah

Visually or actual gameplay?

Because all FGs at least to me are clunky when you barely know how to play them.

It's the animations.

I don't find most fighting games clunky at least from the more recent ones. UMvC3, DoA5, VF5 all feel pretty fluid.

From what I've gathered from other posters, netherrealm games are just supposed to be that clunky.

It's the animations.

I don't find most fighting games clunky at least from the more recent ones. UMvC3, DoA5, VF5 all feel pretty fluid.

From what I've gathered from other posters, netherrealm games are just supposed to be that clunky.

I guess that's the excuse lol. MKX looks a lot less janky than MK9 and Injustice

Sayah

I guess that's the excuse lol. MKX looks a lot less janky than MK9 and Injustice
Yeah, it definitely does look less janky, which is why I'm much more interested in it.

The new characters are especially looking really good. The insect lady and the big guy with the girl on his shoulders.....very interesting designs.

AAK

Just a random reminder guys since I care and want the best for everyone here.... If you or anyone close to you smokes... do your best to keep away from that stuff. My cousin was diagnosed with cancer on his jaw. The obvious cause was cigarettes. After witnessing what chemotherapy did... it's scary. He can't taste food anymore, everything tastes like rotten lemons to him. He can barely talk at all... and you just gradually see the signs of being alive one by one fading away from his once energetic and fun self. And then it's another thing to see his s/o + 2 kids slowly see it happen... :(

Damn how are cigarettes not banned?

Just a random reminder guys since I care and want the best for everyone here.... If you or anyone close to you smokes... do your best to keep away from that stuff. My cousin was diagnosed with cancer on his jaw. The obvious cause was cigarettes. After witnessing what chemotherapy did... it's scary. He can't taste food anymore, everything tastes like rotten lemons to him. He can barely talk at all... and you just gradually see the signs of being alive one by one fading away from his once energetic and fun self. And then it's another thing to see his s/o + 2 kids slowly see it happen... :(

money...plain and simple

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Anybody caught Aris's stream a few days ago? The one where he was playing some Indian dance guy that looks like him. For some reason that damn song is stuck in my head now. It was so funny too.

GrayFoxPL

I feel you. I'm sorry about your cousin. Hope he'll get through this alive and as well as he can.

Cigarettes, alcohol, drugs. People will be doing that shit and telling them otherwise is of little use. The main argument is that you can die on thousand ways so why not have little fun, little addictions, little help to pass the problems of life. Yea, but the point that your adding one more potential way to die prematurely kinda flies over their heads until it's too late.

And yeah ban...like above - money. Insane amount of revenue from taxes governments cash in.

And that comedy or rather tragicomedy with itsy bitsy percentage that goes for fighting lung cancer from that. Just to show the public eye that: "We're not greed ridden, heartless hyenas, feeding of peoples weakness and misery, piling up money by piling up corpses."

If cocaine was taxed it'd be on every corner advertised by celebrities in media.

At least the smiles wouldn't be fake for once.

Sayah

I only saw this one, and it was indeed stuck in my head for days lol.

I can understand what's being said. >_>

Did you buy a Wii U yet?

Not yet. :(

I'm holding out to see if there will be a Smash Bros. console bundle but it seems unlikely at this point.

I really need this game in my life but I'm very afraid of school workload/job getting in the way. Trying hard to get future assignments done in advance so I won't have to deal with this when the game releases.

I pretty much said nope to cigarettes after 6th grade health class showed some old lady smoking through her throat.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
No it's this guy. Looks just like him.

iYsNyLucFjY8e.gif

Degen

You're getting it too?

YES!!!!

You can beat me in SF. I can beat you in Tekken. This game will determine who is the superior player. :p

I use pikachu. Have fun with my thunder spam. :D
you can't thunderclap Ike

don't you know he fights for his friends

Anybody caught Aris's stream a few days ago? The one where he was playing some Indian dance guy that looks like him. For some reason that damn song is stuck in my head now. It was so funny too.
I was there for that

Aris has the vocals of an angel

sasuke_91

money...plain and simple

And here's what's wrong with capitalism.
I hope your cousin will be okay, AAK.

Armor Aris

I have to admit... I laughed... really hard^^

Deleting replays in this game one by one is such a pain

The replays menu is a pain in general. Tekken 7 will need to do better than that.

My controller is broken. I have to get a new one and I'll tell you in advance... my execution is probably gonna suck. My movement might also be a little stiffer. That controller was perfect for Tekken and now I habe to get used to another one :(

So in February we're gonna have hours and hours of Korean Tekken 7 to watch daily, most likely, right?

EDIT: I've been talking to my friend about Tekken 7 here and there, and whenever I mention the game, I get a cynical comment from him. I decided to stop talking to him about Tekken 7, I don't need that cynicism clouding my Tekken 7 excitement. We in there.

Yeah, I noticed that a lot of my higher skilled Tekken friends are much more skeptical about Tekken 7 than my average or above average Tekken fiends. A lot of them are saying things like Tekken Revolution 2.0 or Tekken for Scrubs. One of my fiends even said, he will not buy it since they are dedicating it to less skilled players. I'm like, at least give the game fair chance without formulating such opinions on it. Oh well, we'll see.

av2k

Yeah, I noticed that a lot of my higher skilled Tekken friends are much more skeptical about Tekken 7 than my average or above average Tekken fiends. A lot of them are saying things like Tekken Revolution 2.0 or Tekken for Scrubs. One of my fiends even said, he will not buy it since they are dedicating it to less skilled players. I'm like, at least give the game fair chance without formulating such opinions on it. Oh well, we'll see.

It's pretty normal that people get upset with changes or new things. It's just a human trait rather than an issue with the Tekken community imo.

With that said, I'm curious of everyone's top 5 games that they would play for the rest of their lives here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=920545

Sayah

Tekken 7 is bringing its own flavor. Tailspin/flops, supers, power moves, new wakeup mechanics, etc. are going to all diversify it from any of the previous Tekken games. Plus, we only saw a location test. Game could be completely different by the time the arcade release happens. They could add another mechanic that completely alters everything (e.g. bound wasn't in Tekken 6 location test to my knowledge).

As a big enthusiast of TTT2, I'm very excited for Tekken 7. I think the game looks really good (despite carrying the same ol' artstyle) and the new mechanics look really really fun.

I'm a really big supporter of bound but the way they took a middleground introducing tailspin is genius. It's a good way to satisfy both camps. Though, combo damage still seems huge so I don't know if people that favor bound removal are going to still be happy. At the very least, wall damage is no longer going to be the same and people will have new options for getting up so they don't keep rolling back and combo'd over and over again.

GrayFoxPL

Hopefully we see some shit soon. The game is around the corner.

Btw. Do you guys think the February arcade release is kinda too early? Way early?

I mean, wow, in 3 months they gonna release T7 announced just little while ago.

Don't get me wrong, it's awesome, but I truly expect the first arcade release to be buggy and broken as hell.

And I'm not talking about Tekken 5.0 or Tekken 6 Vanilla, I'm talking Tekken 4 .....Beta! Like release even more buggy then the a final game.

Gonna be entertaining for sure but what worries me is Japanese casuals or "new blood" will be gone before they release obvious "fixed" version/update. That would defeat the whole purpose of bringing in new players.

That's my only concern about such hasty release.
I love broken versions of fighting games.

Sayah

Btw. Do you guys think the February arcade release is kinda too early? Way early?

Don't get me wrong, it's awesome, but I truly expect the first arcade release to be buggy and broken as hell.

And I'm not talking about Tekken 5.0 or Tekken 6 Vanilla, I'm talking Tekken 4 .....Beta! Like release even more buggy then the a final game.

Gonna be entertaining for sure but what worries me is Japanese casuals or "new blood" will be gone before they release obvious "fixed" version/update. That would defeat the whole purpose of bringing in new players.

According to my calculations in an earlier post in this thread, they were/are making 10% progress each month, which is pretty fast. However, I wouldn't be worried too much with the balance. Judging from the mechanics introduced thus far, they're not adding something that would completely break the system.

GrayFoxPL

According to my calculations in an earlier post in this thread, they were/are making 10% progress each month, which is pretty fast. However, I wouldn't be worried too much with the balance. Judging from the mechanics introduced thus far, they're not adding something that would completely break the system.

Apart of Rage arts and Crush arts that if imbalanced could break the system.

I am with you Fox it does feel very sudden but UE4 is easy to develop with so it could be in due part to that. I wonder why Harada used a old build for location tests.

I mean since the lok test build was 2 months old I wonder how long this game has been in the works.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Rage arts and Power Crush would have to do way more than than do now to break the game.

Yup. I'm still on the fence about Rage arts, but power crush being beatable by lows and throws keeps them pretty honest.

If they dont bring back Miguel I'm gonna be mad as hell though.

sasuke_91

Found the Anna combo I was talking about. Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZkRMGA50N3o#t=4m12s

Anna/Nina are at the very least Top 5 as far as tag assaults go. Such a good diversity of options.

Japanese players really love Xiaoyu. That's great :D

Of course, as soon as I need a new controller, they're sold out everywhere. I need some Tekken or I'm going crazy >_<

So, everyone's getting Smash Bros. for Wii U? In that case I guess nobody plays the 3DS version?

Tekken 7 is bringing its own flavor. Tailspin/flops, supers, power moves, new wakeup mechanics, etc. are going to all diversify it from any of the previous Tekken games. Plus, we only saw a location test. Game could be completely different by the time the arcade release happens. They could add another mechanic that completely alters everything (e.g. bound wasn't in Tekken 6 location test to my knowledge).

As a big enthusiast of TTT2, I'm very excited for Tekken 7. I think the game looks really good (despite carrying the same ol' artstyle) and the new mechanics look really really fun.

I'm a really big supporter of bound but the way they took a middleground introducing tailspin is genius. It's a good way to satisfy both camps. Though, combo damage still seems huge so I don't know if people that favor bound removal are going to still be happy. At the very least, wall damage is no longer going to be the same and people will have new options for getting up so they don't keep rolling back and combo'd over and over again.

Yeah, I agree and it should be very interesting to see what type of modifications or changes Namco implements to the tried and true Tekken formula. I'm generally not too fond of things such as comeback mechanics, but I will keep an open mind about the game and I am sure I will enjoy it despite any problems it might have. The flashiness of Tekken 7 could attract a new crowd to the game and could possibly even rejuvenate a little new life into the franchise. Honestly, I am glad it's going back to 1vs1. I did love TTT2 and the tagging mechanics, but from what I've gathered, it made learning the game needlessly complicated for a lot of casual gamers and even myself at times whenever I tried to pick up new characters. It is exciting to finally see a new Tekken game, especially on really powerful hardware.

The game may be close to release at the arcades, but all I care about is the home version mostly since arcades are pretty lackluster or rare in my area.

Well, I have a feeling they have been planning the game and working on it longer than we think, at least I am insinuating that. Yeah, it will probably be broken in some way, especially since they are trying a few new things with it, but it should still be fun and they can always rectify the issues via new editions, upgrades or patches if it becomes too problematic.

Degen

Of course, as soon as I need a new controller, they're sold out everywhere. I need some Tekken or I'm going crazy >_<

So, everyone's getting Smash Bros. for Wii U? In that case I guess nobody plays the 3DS version?
fate has conspired
it's time to take your game to the next level
it's time to get the
HORI Fighting Commander 3 ®
because when Hori makes a fighting controller they make a goddamn fighting controller tho.™

also I do have Smash on the 3DS if you wanna play a few

Sayah

fate has conspired
it's time to take your game to the next level
it's time to get the
HORI Fighting Commander 3 ®
because when Hori makes a fighting controller they make a goddamn fighting controller tho.&#8482;

also I do have Smash on the 3DS if you wanna play a few

Hmmmm......didn't even know of this controller. Looks pretty good.

Yeah, I agree and it should be very interesting to see what type of modifications or changes Namco implements to the tried and true Tekken formula. I'm generally not too fond of things such as comeback mechanics, but I will keep an open mind about the game and I am sure I will enjoy it despite any problems it might have. The flashiness of Tekken 7 could attract a new crowd to the game and could possibly even rejuvenate a little new life into the franchise. Honestly, I am glad it's going back to 1vs1. I did love TTT2 and the tagging mechanics, but from what I've gathered, it made learning the game needlessly complicated for a lot of casual gamers and even myself at times whenever I tried to pick up new characters. It is exciting to finally see a new Tekken game, especially on really powerful hardware.

The game may be close to release at the arcades, but all I care about is the home version mostly since arcades are pretty lackluster or rare in my area.

I don't know if there's any prominent arcades in NYC or NJ. Would go to one if they got a Tekken 7 cabinet.

I will likely get Smash Bros. Wii U. Unless something gets in the way. Even took off from work on Nov. 21.

I need to sell some stuff on ebay and make the money. Tuition ate up all my saved money and the remaining checks I'm getting from work need to be saved for tuition next semester.

Just watched the archive of today's ATP live. Oh man, I was in tears at least 3 times. So hilarious. Especially the part about kacey tron and that whole conversation.

"She gets fillups and stuff".

"Phillips?"

"You know, fillups. They keep betting BIGGER."

"Oh, I thought you were talking about the screwdriver."

LMAO. It's like watching one of those ad lib comedy shows. So good.

Top Bottom