• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Manbig

I was about to say "Well solid play still wins at the end of the day."

Then I thought that only really applies to top level play. Then again.....

If you wanna go that route though, solid play always won out at the end of the day. Just the older games didn't have a lot of the junk that drags the low/mid level play down in the current game.

T5:DR did have some bullshit, but you really couldn't get away with partying in that game anywhere near as much as you can in the past two games.

What do we mean by partying? Fooling around? Not taking things seriously?

Also, is princess ling a guy or a girl?

Pretty much just throwing out stuff at random and it working and or being really effective.

Even though I do party as my playstyle I honestly don't think I'd do too bad if I were to play T5 I don't think my playstyle would change much.

GrayFoxPL

Good games Sasuke.

That Berserker Lee is pro now, very impressive. I still can't touch Ling, She's small like a bee and deadly. :)

I want a good partner for Lei but can't find that proper chemistry.

sasuke_91

Good games Sasuke.

That Berserker Lee is pro now, very impressive. I still can't touch Ling, She's small like a bee and deadly. :)

Good games. I practiced Lee's mist step combos a lot. I actually time my mist steps by looking at the animation, but that doesn't work online. This is the first time I could do 4 b2's in a row online.
I used Ling like a normal character half of the time until I realized "Wait a minute, I use Ling Xiaoyu" and finally started to spam moves from AoP :p

Isn't that obvious? Do I have to remind you who we were talking about earlier? I'll give you a hint: He stole Speedkicks' soul.
Ling-Lei. Most hated team online. You definitely have to team them up :D

GrayFoxPL

Good games. I practiced Lee's mist step combos a lot. I actually time my mist steps by looking at the animation, but that doesn't work online. This is the first time I could do 4 b2's in a row online.
I used Ling like a normal character half of the time until I realized "Wait a minute, I use Ling Xiaoyu" and finally started to spam moves from AoP :p

Isn't that obvious? Do I have to remind you who we were talking about earlier? I'll give you a hint: He stole Speedkicks' soul.
Ling-Lei. Most hated team online. You definitely have to team them up :D

I don't even attempt multiple b+2 mist online, my drop rate is huge.

Haha, Lei-Ling would be way too confusing ...for me. I have trouble remembering half of the stuff coming out from Lei's 72 stances. :)

You have great custom of Miharu, attractive girl.

Dereck

LMAO

Fab went in on somebody in the chat, I'm dying, when he's done streaming I'll post the archive. LOL

http://www.twitch.tv/nycfab

kf7MCCw.gif

Gambit61

Good games Sasuke.

I've been using Lei/Feng and Lei/Wang a lot recently. They do silly damage lol.

Sayah

Thanks.

This person keeps getting brought up recently and I need to know which pronouns to use.

Pretty much just throwing out stuff at random and it working and or being really effective.

Even though I do party as my playstyle I honestly don't think I'd do too bad if I were to play T5 I don't think my playstyle would change much.

hopkick on raw tag really pisses me off.

I understand there's random stuff people throw out that works. But there's also whiff punishing if you have good spacing.

GrayFoxPL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsdskGUhWCU

so i'm watching some jaycee videos of magnet after someone told me to check him out in aris' chat. pretty cool. i think i sort of understand jaycee's game now. i still have no clue on what's good for a beginner as a 2nd char. people say pjack?

Forest Law is the easiest imo. Paul is great too unless you wanna go for the most advanced combos (no need). The Kings work great with JayCee but need some more time and practice especially The King King. Mitchelle is duh since she's mostly T6 Julia, unless you don't want to play clonish team. Asuka is good choice too imo.

I've been using Lei/Feng and Lei/Wang a lot recently. They do silly damage lol.

Chinese Kung Fu Masters Teams? Nice!

Sayah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsdskGUhWCU

so i'm watching some jaycee videos of magnet after someone told me to check him out in aris' chat. pretty cool. i think i sort of understand jaycee's game now. i still have no clue on what's good for a beginner as a 2nd char. people say pjack?

You can pick P. Jack if you really like the character and can definitely make it work.

However, from what I can recall, regular Jack has better options as a character.

Also, Jaycee REALLY sucks with tag assault fillers so I would suggest a partner that's good at them.

Here is how I would rank characters based on their capabilities with Tag Assault fillers (not including TAs against walls).

S Rank
Nina
Anna
Miguel
Leo

A Rank
Alisa
Heihachi
Steve
Baek

A- Rank
Jinpachi
Hwoarang
True Ogre
Lee/Violet
Jun
Unknown

B+ Rank
Dragunov
Feng
Yoshimitsu
Lars
Bob
Slim Bob
Kunimitsu
Marshall Law
Forest Law
P. Jack
Jack
Eddy/Christie/Tiger
Lili/Sebastian
Bruce
Asuka
Bryan
Jin
Devil Jin
Marduk
Armor King
Ganryu

B Rank
Michelle
Alex
Roger Jr.
Angel
Ling Xiaoyu/Miharu
Kazuya
Wang
King
Kuma/Panda

B- Rank
Jaycee
Dr. B
Paul

I don't know how or where to rank Zafina or Raven.

Do fix my ranking order if anyone disagrees. I'm probably forgetting tag assault filler options for some characters.

hopkick on raw tag really piss me off.

I understand there's random stuff people throw out that works. But there's also whiff punishing if you have good spacing.

Yes but aggression is generally punished in this game hard. Also hopkick on raw tag I excuse a . If you get hit by it you failed to properly punish the raw tag. At the wall it's really b.s. though since it seems quicker than a regular raw tag.

Sayah

Yes but aggression is generally punished in this game hard. Also hopkick on raw tag I excuse a . If you get hit by it you failed to properly punish the raw tag. At the wall it's really b.s. though since it seems quicker than a regular raw tag.

The thing is.....I am aiming to punish the incoming character. And I feel like my timing is spot on. Instead hopkick works.

Eh. I don't know.

The thing is.....I am aiming to punish the incoming character. And I feel like my timing is spot on. Instead hopkick works.

Eh. I don't know.

Inconsistencies of tagging. Besides while you can't block immediately after raw tagging you can do moves immediately after so that's also a reason why you get hit by them.

Manbig

As I said in the thread on gaming, that situation where Kaz stomped Hei while he was on the ground and it forcing him into a new standing animation was pretty interesting.

Has potential to be a solid oki situation that doesn't lead to a ridiculous amount of free damage like the floats currently do.

Sayah

I thought you were bullshitting for a second

Hahaha.
Same.

I was like "GrayFox, I am not in the mood for a rick roll video." :p

As I said in the thread on gaming, that situation where Kaz stomped Hei while he was on the ground and it forcing him into a new standing animation was pretty interesting.

Has potential to be a solid oki situation that doesn't lead to a ridiculous amount of free damage like the floats currently do.

Yeah, I saw that.

Really interested to see how Oki will work in this game. Hei went straight to the new focus attack right after too.

Here is how I would rank characters based on their capabilities with Tag Assault fillers.
Interesting list. I would personally move up a few chars up based on my own bias, of course.

Ancient Ogre has a ton of damage and utility in the open and at the wall.
  • Good damage and wall carry with u/f+3,4,3+4.
  • Great damage, re-lift and early release to point char with u/b+3,2.
  • U/b+3,2 is also sick at the wall for the same reasons.

Yoshi has flexibility and damage similar to AO.
  • In the open, b+2,1~1+2 f+2 is solid damage and his staple.
  • At 4 hits with bound, f+3,4 hits hard and releases early to the point char.
  • 4~3 roo kick is great near the wall or as a late filler, giving the point char the chance to score wall carry and re-wall splat.
  • He also can perform an extended filler approaching the wall with d+2,2,2+3, u/f+3+4,1,3+4.
I don't know how or where to rank Zafina or Raven.
Raven has a great high damage open filler with b+1+2,3 for only 2 hits. At the wall though, he basically sucks. There's u+3,d+3,3, but not all partners can capitalize on it well. So yeah, he deserves a low tier spot anyway, sadly.

Zafina? lel.

Sayah

Interesting list. I would personally move up a few chars up based on my own bias, of course.

Ancient Ogre has a ton of damage and utility in the open and at the wall.
  • Good damage and wall carry with u/f+3,4,3+4.
    Great damage, re-lift and early release to point char with u/b+3,2.
    U/b+3,2 is also sick at the wall for the same reasons.

Yoshi has flexibility and damage similar to AO.
  • In the open, b+2,1~1+2 f+2 is solid damage and his staple.
    At 4 hits with bound, f+3,4 hits hard and releases early to the point char.
    4~3 roo kick is great near the wall or as a late filler, giving the point char the chance to score wall carry and re-wall splat.
    He also can perform an extended filler approaching the wall with d+2,2,2+3, u/f+3+4,1,3+4.

Raven has a great high damage open filler with b+1+2,3 for only 2 hits. At the wall though, he basically sucks. There's u+3,d+3,3, but not all partners can capitalize on it well. So yeah, he deserves a low tier spot anyway, sadly.

Zafina? lel.

Ok, I should mention that my list does not reflect TA fillers at walls. I'm only ranking TA fillers based on general combos.

Adding walls to the mix would screw up the ranking list I have entirely.

Also, Ancient Ogre is another characters I didn't know how to rank and forgot to put in the list.

AAK

Was hoping to see something new... Only got to see the new ground stomp animation and the ending of Hworang's Super. Ah well, still a ways off for them to reveal new things. Since this is the first official gameplay video I do think that none of the currently revealed characters are gonna get any new default outfits and costumes we see now are the default ones here to stay. I suppose they are saving the new designs for the unrevealed cast only.
Booo

Still exciting to see! Looking forward to getting my ass kicked by everyone here now that I lost my tag mechanics :)

And thanks to Wonkey again, it looks like the next Location tests will be November 22-23.

Sayah

Was hoping to see something new... Only got to see the new ground stomp animation and the ending of Hworang's Super. Ah well, still a ways off for them to reveal new things. Since this is the first official gameplay video I do think that none of the currently revealed characters are gonna get any new default outfits and costumes we see now are the default ones here to stay. I suppose they are saving the new designs for the unrevealed cast only.
Booo

Still exciting to see! Looking forward to getting my ass kicked by everyone here now that I lost my tag mechanics :)

And thanks to Wonkey again, it looks like the next Location tests will be November 22-23.

Nov. 22-23? :D
I'm likely gonna be playing Smash Bros. online and watching Tekken on stream. haha. Now only I have to get myself a Wii U and hope it ships in time. Already pre-ordered Smash.

It's also the end of the semester approaching so I hope I'm not gonna have school work to worry about.

Dereck

This is when Fab goes in on a stream sniper.

http://www.twitch.tv/nycfab/b/587768634?t=96m8s

Fab was online trying to learn Anna, and demetribaccus kept playing him to try to get a promotion off of Bruce, Fab said that he was gonna stop playing with Bruce to try to stop demetri from promoting off of him when he was playing Anna, a character who he was still learning.

DEATH™

Ok, I should mention that my list does not reflect TA fillers at walls. I'm only ranking TA fillers based on general combos.

Also, Ancient Ogre is another characters I didn't know how to rank and forgot to put in the list.

Also, maybe on my own bias but I know for sure King got better TA fillers than AK. King's b+1,2 alone makes him a better TA guy than AK. Characters who love many hit juggles with walls love him I.e. steve and lars.

Booo

On my Birthday huh? Neat.

Ah, well in that case, I think your list is pretty good. IMO I'd probably move Jinpachi up a tier though, that d/f+2,1 is just stupid good for both damage and its pop up potential. Releases early too, so the partner can really maximize position.

I think it's ironic that characters that do high combo damage don't automatically get put high on overall tier lists. It just shows you that you need more than raw power to be considered good. Ground game is always #1.
Woot! Hoping for more character reveals. Can't wait.
This is when Fab goes in on a stream sniper.

http://www.twitch.tv/nycfab/b/587768634?t=96m8s

Fab was online trying to learn Anna, and demetribaccus kept playing him to try to get a promotion off of Bruce, Fab said that he was gonna stop playing with Bruce to try to stop demetri from promoting off of him when he was playing Anna, a character who he was still learning.
Thanks for this. Was nice to see an Ogre player in action too. That salty Fab though, lol. "You're 2000 and 2000. That's terrible, but you don't see me rubbing that in your face" Ahhaha

sasuke_91

I will have to seriously get used to this. Tag mechanics feel so natural to me by now and my teams complement each other so well. I'll probably play Tag along with Tekken 7. A PS4 Remaster would be great :p

And man Tekken threads in Gaming are horrible. So much hate :/

Rheon

The new trailer was pretty meh, honestly. It looks like footage taken from the loketest build, i.e. nothing new.

Hopefully the next loketest will have a newer build running.

I will have to seriously get used to this. Tag mechanics feel so natural to me by now and my teams complement each other so well. I'll probably play Tag along with Tekken 7. A PS4 Remaster would be great :p

And man Tekken threads in Gaming are horrible. So much hate :/

Eh I don't see it as hate just complaints that the game looks the same.

ajb1888

Banned
I'd enjoy having a physical strategy guide to read in my spare time, but is the Prima Official Guide the only one out there? I hear its missing DLC characters, which is disapointing, and I can't seem to find any other TTT2 books for sale online..

I'd enjoy having a physical strategy guide to read in my spare time, but is the Prima Official Guide the only one out there? I hear its missing DLC characters, which is disapointing, and I can't seem to find any other TTT2 books for sale online..

That's all there is. It also has a ton of typos and unreliable frame data. It's helped me a lot though.

AAK

Actually looking back, I'm not sure if that's a new animation. I think it's the same animation as Wang's stomp on CH. But it could be the new defacto stomp animation on ground opponents after the new bound (not air bound).

Speaking of air bound, did anyone else notice how they didn't show a single instance of it in the trailer?

Dereck

Actually looking back, I'm not sure if that's a new animation. I think it's the same animation as Wang's stomp on CH. But it could be the new defacto stomp animation on ground opponents after the new bound (not air bound).

Speaking of air bound, did anyone else notice how they didn't show a single instance of it in the trailer?
Could be to two things

1. The air bound is an incomplete mechanic

2. They don't want to scare off juggle haters people by showing bound in the trailer

GrayFoxPL

Could be to two things

1. The air bound is an incomplete mechanic

2. They don't want to scare off juggle haters people by showing bound in the trailer

3. Debating if to include T6 bound, T7 bound, both or none. Lol.

I gotta confess I had a crisis just minutes before the trailer. I was loosing my sight suddenly. Everything went blue crystal pattern before my eyes and later broken glass and I barely could see shit. I was panicking but thought I gotta see Tekken 7 trailer before I lose conscience. Lol.

FickleAridFairyfly.gif

in7WO0ShitEUb.gif

iz4m1tXLjAp4X.gif

ibpY6BMpc7ImvV.gif

Dereck

The mystery involving what console this will be ported to is a tad bothersome.

I want to see what this game looks like after a new version is released. It's no question that the Feb 2015 will be buggy. How long will it take them to make a new version?

GrayFoxPL

The mystery involving what console this will be ported to is a tad bothersome.

I want to see what this game looks like after a new version is released. It's no question that the Feb 2015 will be buggy. How long will it take them to make a new version?

Likely worked on for the rest of the year. I have no doubt first version is just a huge beta test.

Top Bottom