• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Equal ranks are worth a full point, +/-1 rank is worth half a point, +/- 2 ranks is worth a quarter of a point, and so on. If you were in green ranks where +4 points is a promotion and -4 points is a demotion, it's entirely possible to have been sitting around -3.5, win two +/- 2 rank games, then get an equal rank game after that and have it be a demotion chance.

At least, that's the theory.

GrayFoxPL

Equal ranks are worth a full point, +/-1 rank is worth half a point, +/- 2 ranks is worth a quarter of a point, and so on. If you were in green ranks where +4 points is a promotion and -4 points is a demotion, it's entirely possible to have been sitting around -3.5, win two +/- 2 rank games, then get an equal rank game after that and have it be a demotion chance.

At least, that's the theory.

I see.

DEATH™;140906353 said:
As razer have asked, my horrible attempt at line art...

(I can't draw masks yet...)

So, that is what King looks like under the mask. :p That's actually not too bad at all and a very solid start. I like the pose also. Honestly, that is better than a lot of the stuff I see nowadays, especially TV. Drawing the human anatomy can be VERY challenging. Lots of repetition, practicing line, tone and composition with human figures can make drawing second nature in matter of time. Don't be afraid to experiment and take risks also and come up with you own style instead of trying to recreate everything or trying to make things always perfect. Once you get the basics down, try to establish your style and techniques. I'm working on recreating certain poses at a faster pace, but I am rusty since I haven't drawn in awhile. I am starting to work on some stuff again and the astronomical challenge for me is, trying to come up with my own unique art style to sort of help identify my work. I might post a few pics of my "work-in-progress" cartoon characters soon, but they are not quite Tekken related.

DEATH™;140906353 said:
As razer have asked, my horrible attempt at line art...

(I can't draw masks yet...)

477.jpg

King been doing them squats

GrayFoxPL

I'm retired.

Because my PS3 died yesterday. :(

Rip.

Get new one.

AVP says something is coming.

The TEKKEN franchise is celebrating it's 20th Anniversary this month and Bandai Namco has announced that they're holding a 'Thanksgiving' event for all fans of the series to celebrate. The niconico broadcast of this event will feature the latest Tekken game: TEKKEN 7 with a 'Exhibition Tournament' featuring some 'world champions' of the series. Of course, the latest news on TEKKEN 7 will be revealed in the event as well as have special guests Katsuhiro Harada and Yuriko Tiger in the broadcast. There are to be more special guests in the event but they haven't yet been announced. The niconico stream of this event will occur on the 7th of December, 2014 and run from 12:30 PM until 6:00 PM Japan time.

AAK

Yeah becoming a good artist really is an enormous task. Gotta practice every part of the human body until it comes out right. Huge respect to people who manage to get it.

I'm retired.

:'(

Was it an old model, slim, or super slim?

December 7th huh? Cool. Maybe this is what MarkMan was hinting at.

But DAMMIT WHY NICONICO!

Sayah

Sigh, 240p footage confirmed. :/

BTW, here's a preview of the Jungle Stage BGM. It sounds pretty sick.

Nice beat but very repetitive.

I thought that was all placeholder music, though.

Sony event is from Dec. 6-7. I will be REALLY annoyed if they don't take advantage of both Sony and Tekken's 20th Anniversary happening at the same time to show something special at Sony's event. Gonna be so sad when it's project love or school lesson or whatever. :/

I'm retired.

Oh man sorry to hear.

I hope that never happens to me. My PS3 has too many games and I don't want to pay repair costs.

sasuke_91

I'm retired.

Oh no. What happened exactly? If it's a FAT PS3... YLOD?
Repair the dead one or get a new PS3. That's what I'd do.

Sigh, 240p footage confirmed. :/

BTW, here's a preview of the Jungle Stage BGM. It sounds pretty sick.

Japan and their Niconico streams :/
Seriously, just use Twitch.

That music is pretty cool. I'll propbably replace it with something else probably, like I did with nearly all TTT2 stages :p

I don't seem to be the only one having connection issues. A lot of my (German) friends on PSN have the same problem when playing Tekken. I even reset my router, having to do all the settings once again. I'll just stop playing Online for some time.
Went into practice mode and practiced some Anti-Asuka. Helped a lot, especially when it comes to her duckable and steppable strings. And I manage to punish a b3 with a perfectly executed JFSR all the time... in practice mode :p

Was it an old model, slim, or super slim?

Oh no. What happened exactly? If it's a FAT PS3... YLOD?
Repair the dead one or get a new PS3. That's what I'd do.

80GB fat model (which is apparently kind of rare?), the tweener model which had PS2 software emulation, as opposed to the hardware emulator in the launch models. Bought it in 2008 to play The Show and MGS4. <3

Debating whether to send it in or try one of these DIY solutions out there, I'll have to find out how much it costs first. I just spent all my spare cash on a new PC build so I'm kinda screwed here.

Of course, just as bad is that the TTT2 disc is stuck in it so I won't be playing that for quite a while. Hope I don't get rusty. :(

T7 please, pretty please, come to PC.

sasuke_91

Noticed later in the day online gets better but early it's pretty bad.

I blame Smash.

I normally play pretty late in the day, but the servers seem to hate me :(
Smash is to blame. It's using up all the internets!!

Took a week off from this game and now I can't do shit

I can block lows pretty weel after not playing for a while, but my execution gets really bad.

By the way, is it just me or has ranking gotten a lot harder these last few months? I don't know what it's like in US, but in Europe, it feels like the average Marauder today would be the average Berserker back then. Not even taking all the reranks into account.
GrayFoxPL, you play a lot of ranked. Do you feel the same way?

GrayFoxPL

Yeah definitely you can't underestimate anyone now. (Or overestimate too much.)

Even if someone has <50% win ratio you can't go "Free win trololol!", you get triple electrics in the butt and feel stupid.

Definitely people play better.

I'm retired.

Sorry to hear that. I guess I am semi-retired and mostly play for fun every once in a while, but since my PS3 is randomly reading certain discs, I might have to retire for a while also. :/ Last time I played TTT2, it took approximately 20 tries just to get the game to play and then I had no music in the character intro screens sometimes. Forget about Tekken Hybrid and Tekken 6 working also. I need a new PS3, but as much as they still cost now, I could almost get an XBox One or even a Wii U. Probably later. Well, at least digital games work great......

GrayFoxPL

Sorry to hear that. I guess I am semi-retired and mostly play for fun every once in a while, but since my PS3 is randomly reading certain discs, I might have to retire for a while also. :/ Last time I played TTT2, it took approximately 20 tries just to get the game to play and then I had no music in the character intro screens sometimes. Forget about Tekken Hybrid and Tekken 6 working also. I need a new PS3, but as much as they still cost now, I could almost get an XBox One or even a Wii U. Probably later. Well, at least digital games work great......

Yeah I noticed this is Sony's intentional plan.

When first PS3 finally started to get cheaper Sony released Slim and prices went up.

When PS3 Slim got cheap after some time Sony went and released PS3 Super Slim mostly in move bundles and it's not that cheap, I know because I bought one for my nephew. Few more coins and it's PS4 price.

I expect PS3 CAN'T GET ANY SLIMMER somewhere in 2016.

Can't get Sony's stuff cheap.

Good Games Sasuke. I played some matches with Tosin after you. Good games also.
You guys play right? He has very interesting Ling and Hwo. I find it cool how eg. we all play Jin but every one is different. Same his Hwo and Ling feel different to me then yours. This is what I like. I don't quite understand why he insist on playing solo characters, his teams are much better. Maybe he's getting ready for T7.

Btw I almost nailed sick "American reset" against him but in the second combo the bound with Steve's ff+2 whiffed. Not sure if I was too slow or too far.

But I must watch the replay because whole thing was totally accidental, lol.

I'd love to learn some awesome reset setups though it seems T7 will eliminate most of those (in sense of rejuggling) :\.

Doomshine

If anyone doesn't have the digital version of Tag 2 (or SCV) it's 5€ on the EU PSN store right now. Really convenient to not have to use the disc if you're lazy like me.

sasuke_91

Good Games Sasuke. I played some matches with Tosin after you. Good games also.
You guys play right? He has very interesting Ling and Hwo. I find it cool how eg. we all play Jin but every one is different. Same his Hwo and Ling feel different to me then yours. This is what I like. I don't quite understand why he insist on playing solo characters, his teams are much better. Maybe he's getting ready for T7.

Btw I almost nailed sick "American reset" against him but in the second combo the bound with Steve's ff+2 whiffed. Not sure if I was too slow or too far.

But I must watch the replay because whole thing was totally accidental, lol.

I'd love to learn some awesome reset setups though it seems T7 will eliminate most of those (in sense of rejuggling) :.

Yeah good games. Feng/Drag give me a hard time. Good games to Doomshine, too.
I don't get Tosin. He's really good when it comes to Tag and also knows his combos, but he just prefers Solo.
He started playing Ling not that long ago. He learned to play her really fast, a lot faster than me. He had a hard time playing against her. Maybe that's why he made her his own.
What's an American reset? But yeah there are some really cool oki traps where you can rejuggle your opponent. A lot of Hwoarang players jump over you instead of going for a post-bound combo and hope that you stand up the wrong way and get launched by a backturn 4. I saw something similar by Ling-players. There was one who went into full crouch after a bound and launched me with a WS (hold) 2. A wall carry after that and I was dead.

Damn, no go I have no disc space.

I think this is a problem every PS+ subscriber has :p

Did anyone watch the BTC streams? I'm not sure where to find them.

Pachimari

If anyone doesn't have the digital version of Tag 2 (or SCV) it's 5€ on the EU PSN store right now. Really convenient to not have to use the disc if you're lazy like me.
A brilliant idea I hadn't thought of myself. I just skipped past it as I already had it but now I just bought it and it's there and ready all the time. Fantastic. PS3 is my Tekken machine. :)

I have a 40gb PS3 so I had disc space problems all the time but I finally bought a cheap 500gb hard drive a few months ago. Super easy to install too.
I'm thinking of getting a larger HDD too. Mine is 120gb but I have to constantly erase stuff. Is it a 2.5" HDD I need?

GrayFoxPL

I have a 40gb PS3 so I had disc space problems all the time but I finally bought a cheap 500gb hard drive a few months ago. Super easy to install too.

Yeah I upgraded to 300gb. It was at hand at the time and good quality.

Yeah good games. Feng/Drag give me a hard time. Good games to Doomshine, too.
I don't get Tosin. He's really good when it comes to Tag and also knows his combos, but he just prefers Solo.
He started playing Ling not that long ago. He learned to play her really fast, a lot faster than me. He had a hard time playing against her. Maybe that's why he made her his own.
What's an American reset? But yeah there are some really cool oki traps where you can rejuggle your opponent. A lot of Hwoarang players jump over you instead of going for a post-bound combo and hope that you stand up the wrong way and get launched by a backturn 4. I saw something similar by Ling-players. There was one who went into full crouch after a bound and launched me with a WS (hold) 2. A wall carry after that and I was dead.

I think this is a problem every PS+ subscriber has :p

Did anyone watch the BTC streams? I'm not sure where to find them.

Yeah, sneaky setups impress me more then combos.

AAK

Haha my pessimism...

I look at it more like toning for my sins. I've been given the absolute bliss of my life with TTT2 when I never deserved it.... Now I have to go through the downward spiral of disappointments to compensate for my jubilant ventures in Namco's magnum opus that is Tekken Tag Tournament 2. :p

80GB fat model (which is apparently kind of rare?), the tweener model which had PS2 software emulation, as opposed to the hardware emulator in the launch models. Bought it in 2008 to play The Show and MGS4. <3

Debating whether to send it in or try one of these DIY solutions out there, I'll have to find out how much it costs first. I just spent all my spare cash on a new PC build so I'm kinda screwed here.

Of course, just as bad is that the TTT2 disc is stuck in it so I won't be playing that for quite a while. Hope I don't get rusty. :(

T7 please, pretty please, come to PC.

Let me give you a warning about the Fat PS3 models. I had an 80GB and 20GB PS3 YLOD on me with a disc stuck inside as well. Now my 160GB is acting crazy..........I had the 60GB version repaired about 4 times and it kept breaking/YLOD'ing on me days later. Morale of the story is, I do not think the Fat PS3's can be permanently fixed unfortunately. I cannot speak of the 80GB version or the Slims, but I am assuming the architecture on the 80GB model is virtually identical to the 60GB and 20GB models. If you get it repaired, there is no telling when it will kick the bucket again. You are probably better off procuring a new PS3. Sadly, they still cost a considerable amount of dinero to obtain, at least where I live.

Sayah

Haha my pessimism...

I look at it more like toning for my sins. I've been given the absolute bliss of my life with TTT2 when I never deserved it.... Now I have to go through the downward spiral of disappointments to compensate for my jubilant ventures in Namco's magnum opus that is Tekken Tag Tournament 2. :p

It's cool. I was overly optimistic and setting myself up for disappointment anyway. haha.

I honestly can't wait for Tekken 7. I am really tired of tag stuff right now.

I don't know what it is but I'm losing interest in video games so I need Tekken 7 to get here fast. Tekken and Smash Bros. sustained my interest previously and as much as I love TTT2 and the new Smash, it's not the same right now. My interest in gaming is fading away pretty fast.

AAK

Just wondering... did you get to play Tekken Revolution? That might satiate the 1v1 hunger you have and you'll have a taste of what T7's wakeup/okizeme will be like. :)

Plus Nina is the best character in the game
if you can do flapping butterfly :p

Sayah

I didn't really like revolution. The online competition isn't as good. I don't like lack of bound. At least Tekken 7 will have tailspin.

The timing on the other hand is easier. I cant do demo man in TTT2 but its cake in TR. Not sure if they did the same for flapping butterfly. I did purchase Nina since I couldn't be bothered with unlocking her and used her once. Then I never played the game again. :p

There's this solo King player with a consistent 3 bar connection that always does alley kick mixups that I can't react to because of the lag. How am I supposed to win lmao

AAK

That is true the competition is absolutely garbage in TR. Hence why you refrain from adding any stats to even the odds. ;)

There's this solo King player with a consistent 3 bar connection that always does alley kick mixups that I can't react to because of the lag. How am I supposed to win lmao

LOL with lag you can't! It just becomes a game of guessing who did the hopkick or who didn't... and in your case playing characters with no hopkicks... you're done haha. At least do some fast low crush move. Kazuya has u/f+3 which is safe as well. Abuse that.

And in other news... guess which game had the least amount of entrants for the biggest tournament of the east coast after Final Round?

DEATH™

Still 10X better than anything I can draw. :/

Don't worry, I'm awful at drawing too. :/

Trust me guys, it's not as bad... I started way awful.

If you guys are interested, I have resources that I can share to help you guys out when starting to draw. Just hit me up via PM.

So, that is what King looks like under the mask. :p That's actually not too bad at all and a very solid start. I like the pose also. Honestly, that is better than a lot of the stuff I see nowadays, especially TV. Drawing the human anatomy can be VERY challenging. Lots of repetition, practicing line, tone and composition with human figures can make drawing second nature in matter of time. Don't be afraid to experiment and take risks also and come up with you own style instead of trying to recreate everything or trying to make things always perfect. Once you get the basics down, try to establish your style and techniques. I'm working on recreating certain poses at a faster pace, but I am rusty since I haven't drawn in awhile. I am starting to work on some stuff again and the astronomical challenge for me is, trying to come up with my own unique art style to sort of help identify my work. I might post a few pics of my "work-in-progress" cartoon characters soon, but they are not quite Tekken related.

Yeah please do post them. Also about the artstyle, I fully understand. I want my art to be semi-anime yet semi realistic. But the way people teach is going to gear with fine arts/traditional realistic. Not to mention there is barely any digital painting help outside some unstructured small tutorials out there. My digital art is awful compared to my pencil sketches...

477.jpg

King been doing them squats

LOL I need to check my proportions.

That is true the competition is absolutely garbage in TR. Hence why you refrain from adding any stats to even the odds. ;)

LOL with lag you can't! It just becomes a game of guessing who did the hopkick or who didn't... and in your case playing characters with no hopkicks... you're done haha. At least do some fast low crush move. Kazuya has u/f+3 which is safe as well. Abuse that.

And in other news... guess which game had the least amount of entrants for the biggest tournament of the east coast after Final Round?

Looking by the KTA threads, people are prepping more on KiT.

Also Big E Gaming is losing steam for some reason. Maybe you need to ask the FGC Thread for that...

I didn't really like revolution. The online competition isn't as good. I don't like lack of bound. At least Tekken 7 will have tailspin.

The timing on the other hand is easier. I cant do demo man in TTT2 but its cake in TR. Not sure if they did the same for flapping butterfly. I did purchase Nina since I couldn't be bothered with unlocking her and used her once. Then I never played the game again. :p

If you can do flapping butterfly with Nina in TR, she becomes the strongest char in that game. She's also the evidence of Bound not being the main problem of Tekken. She can do just as long juggles, wall carry, and pretty much kill you even without bound. If you hear rumors about Nina being redesigned for T7, this is the reason why.

This also make me more pessimistic about T7's success. No matter what, competitive players will always find something to give them a competitive edge, and casuals will complain about it, and then the competitive players will complain about a new mechanic that encourages YOLO tactics done by random people (and I can totally see this in T7). It was the case in T5, and it's still the case until right now...

Pachimari

Guys you have to help me. I don't get why I can't download Tekken Tag 2 onto my PS3.

I have 32GB free space of 130GB on my harddrive and the game is 18GB.

What is going on?

Pachimari

I hope I can install Puppeteer again after I have installed Tekken Tag 2.

Finally I can put away my disc and put it in the Special Edition box, and just play Tekken whenever I feel like turning on my PS3.

av2k

I don't know, I personally find the tag version of Tekken games wayyy more superior than the solo games. Once you go tag, solo is extremely boring. Hopefully, TxS will have tag but I highly doubt it. I'm pretty sure that they'll continue to have TTT2 side by side with T7 when it comes to tournaments, that game is just too damn fun with a ton of depth.

AAK

DEATH&#8482;;141635653 said:
Looking by the KTA threads, people are prepping more on KiT.

Also Big E Gaming is losing steam for some reason. Maybe you need to ask the FGC Thread for that...

Sure, they can have that attitude and all... but I suppose KTA shouldn't be surprised when Tekken is no longer going to be part of main tournaments just like Virtua Fighter. It really does say something when Soul Calibur V has double the amount of entrants than TTT2.

This also make me more pessimistic about T7's success. No matter what, competitive players will always find something to give them a competitive edge, and casuals will complain about it, and then the competitive players will complain about a new mechanic that encourages YOLO tactics done by random people (and I can totally see this in T7). It was the case in T5, and it's still the case until right now...

Mentioning T5 as a comparison with T7 goes kinda against your argument don't you think? Tekken was HUGE in that era. Everybody played it. Viscant, Ricky Ortiz, Sanford Kelly, Justin Wong, you name it. I remember the EVO2004 DVD had the most amount of matches dedicated to T5.
And yeah T7's airbound-tailspin is sooo much more powerful than T6's bound I agree with you there... BUT the inclusion of Armor moves being a one-size fits many solution to so many things in Tekken's offense (along with the fact that many of them are safe for a bunch of characters) & the neutered down okizeme is what new players will surely eat up. That's a significantly lower amount of information to process yet still lead to a lot gratification.

But regardless when looking to the future, TTT2 isn't compelling enough for people to support much to my dismay... So I can't really hate on Namco for going against my wishes for the future of the series. I should just be grateful I ended up getting something like TTT2 when all is said and done.

Yeah, it's time for TTT2 accessories to go.
http://i.imgur.com/7xIgFYu.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

:P

GrayFoxPL

I don't know, I personally find the tag version of Tekken games wayyy more superior than the solo games. Once you go tag, solo is extremely boring. Hopefully, TxS will have tag but I highly doubt it. I'm pretty sure that they'll continue to have TTT2 side by side with T7 when it comes to tournaments, that game is just too damn fun with a ton of depth.

Yeah. I mean I hope T7 kicks everyone's asses but it might suck as well. And Tag2 is here and it's insane how this game didn't fell apart with all the shit it does. Of course ppl found glitches, but kinda I don't see them exploited so I guess most ppl don't give a shit about them.

Top Bottom