• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

I don't have the game yet, but couldn't you use practice mode? I don't remember if you can turn off infinite life, but you should be able to play against the AI that way at least.
Go to practice mode. Choose your characters. Choose the CPU character. Go into Vs. CPU from the practice menu. Set the difficulty. Play endless battles.
Yeah that's the problem, I want to actually have winnable (or losable) fights against opponents of my choosing. Not never ending.

Wow that's really disappointing.

Yeah... they did the same thing in T5 and 6. the final boss being a cheap fucker.
I remember just jabbing was the the most efficient way of beating the T6 boss.

now I remember why I didn't play 6 as much.

I am property of Azezal(sp).

shit was free.

Jin kicked my ass too.

Yeah that's the problem, I want to actually have winnable (or losable) fights. Not never ending.

Wow that's really disappointing.

A lot of fighters lately have taken this feature out. It does suck for those of us who primarily play alone. I believe Marvel didn't have it either.

Sayah

Asking again for the new page!

From what's been said, there has been stuttering or something of the sort on the 360 version. But apparently installing the game on the 360 helps fix that problem. PS3 has a mandatory install so that's probably why I haven't experienced anything of the sort on the PS3. In the end, just go with the version you have more friends on.

FINALLY picked up my copy. I meant to pick it up around opening time, but I wasn't able to pick it up until like half an hour ago. I'm just waiting for it to install now. Already got the DLC ready and everything. Can't wait to start playing, man! So excited!

CSX

Man motion blur makes this game feel so slow lol.

I had to turn it off

Add me guys

PSN : CSX142857

tell me you're from gaf. I be playing all night. Gonna go to classes tomorrow in zombie mode :D

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Goddamnit, listening to the OST makes me want to run out and buy this game. I played the hell out of Tekken 2, 3, 5, and the original Tag, but I haven't really been into the series since 5. I don't even really care for dubstep-ish songs, but this track is hot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYoQzdbspu0&list=PL43485A28A3859C7C&index=3&feature=plpp_video

The ravey/glamrock/pro wrestling presentation of the entire game, somehow to me harkens back to Tekken's original prototype name: Rave War

There's a very cohesive aesthetic in TTT2, that includes the OST. It is laser sharp.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
It's probably been asked a million times, but does anyone know if the two platform versions are basically at parity?

I posted some brief impressions that seem to have been completely ignored. :(

I double-dipped and find that the 360 version is better. I have the game installed and have encountered no stuttering issues so far. There have been a few brief pauses when achievements get unlocked, however.

I can't pass judgment on the visuals just yet, as I have played the 360 version on a 22" monitor and the PS3 version on a 42" HDTV, but PS3 version seemed to have the trademark jaggies and the image quality takes a major nosedive during win poses (thankfully this is the only time where the IQ just looks awful...and let me stress that it looks BAD).

The biggest difference I have noticed are the load times. 360 (again, installed) loads everything up right away. On PS3, it takes time to load the backgrounds on the menu screens and there is an incredibly-annoying "pause" when loading the outfit selection window or picking a character with any outfit equipped other than their defaults on the character select screen. It's so bad that I have had the timer run out and the game pick the wrong partner when playing online.

To alleviate this, I've set a number of tag teams I generally go for, but even then the game STILL has the pause to load the extra outfits. I hope they patch this and am surprised no one else is mentioning it.

From what's been said, there has been stuttering or something of the sort on the 360 version. But apparently installing the game on the 360 helps fix that problem. PS3 has a mandatory install so that's probably why I haven't experienced anything of the sort on the PS3. In the end, just go with the version you have more friends on.

I have encountered frame rate issues on the PS3 version when Raven does some of his teleport attacks.

Haven't tried turning off motion blur to see if it makes any differences yet.

CSX

holy balls. the connections is jumpy. played two matches. likes to jump from 2 bars to 5 bars and back lol.

but when its 5 bars, its silky smooth :)

branny

It's really bizarre and unfortunate to keep seeing that kind of stuff pop up review after review, even after expecting it. It's also frightening to see complaints like that leveraged against a Tekken game of all things. It's almost as if people are forgetting T5's force mode was crap (Devil Within), and T6's "story" mode was nothing but a hindrance when it came to earning money for customizations. To say the overall experience is worsened by a lack of that kind of fluff is something I can't really understand.

Just been grinding out ghost battle and practice mode. I feel like I could play this game forever.
I love that feeling.

Goddamnit, listening to the OST makes me want to run out and buy this game. I played the hell out of Tekken 2, 3, 5, and the original Tag, but I haven't really been into the series since 5.
It sounds like you'd really like this one. Don't resist. :p

Joe Molotov

I thought that was exclusive to gamestop?

Nah, you got it anywhere you preordered. SUPPOSEDLY!

iMz1H.jpg

Top Bottom