• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

TheOGB

Banned
This game is such a blast, but Unknown is kicking my ass, so I'll take a Smash Bros. break. :p

Heihachi and Eddy are working out alright for me, but I wanna learn Lei and start stylin'

Horseress

This Zafina on Aris streams is pretty solid, she seems hella cool

EDIT: anyone knows if Kazuya gets some buff when he's in "devil mode", with wings and stuff?

Makoto

Any well-versed Tekken Dualshock users have recommendations as to what the L1/L2/R1/R2 buttons should assigned to? This is under the basis that I am using my thumb for the right side of the pad instead of two fingers.

fuck fight lab is kicking my ass and starting to piss me off.

I'm not understanding wtf is a punisher. I block and then try to hit them and nothing.

fucking shit man.

This game is amazing! Music and tag is taking me back quite a few years.

Hey, can anybody tell me how to make a preset tag team? The option is there at the character select, but I don't know how to to make preset tag teams to put into the preset tag menu (1-10 are empty). Thanks!

Shapingo

Unknown cheats like crazy, she uses that damn spirit hand crush the second I'm going to win. I have to cheap her out with phoenix smashes.

FHIZ

Man I'm glad I won a fight stick on eBay yesterday. While I get by with a controller just fine on DoA and Soul Calibur, I just cannot play this game with a normal controller.

Got this today on an impulse buy, very glad I did. Not sure what it is about it, but it feels a lot more polished than tekken 6 and in some cases a lot more exciting. I'll have to watch more high level play to see if that holds true in the long run, but right now I'm really having fun just messing with all the subsystems.

Zeranium

Finally got to the chance to play some of it and... man is it pretty.
Finland, China, Fiji.
Gorgeous.

I didn't have too much trouble with Unknown but she can be damn cheap at times.
Still prefer her over Azazel.

DR2K

Banned
DoA5 is going to kill you. :(

I missed a workout today because of TekkenTag2, it's easily the best game I've played so far this year.

Netcode is godly, not one instance of lag, slowdown, etc. . . matching making is up there with VF5. I love being able to train while I wait. Got to first dan quite easily.

Customization screen music is trance inducing.

I posted some brief impressions that seem to have been completely ignored. :(

I double-dipped and find that the 360 version is better. I have the game installed and have encountered no stuttering issues so far. There have been a few brief pauses when achievements get unlocked, however.

I can't pass judgment on the visuals just yet, as I have played the 360 version on a 22" monitor and the PS3 version on a 42" HDTV, but PS3 version seemed to have the trademark jaggies and the image quality takes a major nosedive during win poses (thankfully this is the only time where the IQ just looks awful...and let me stress that it looks BAD).

The biggest difference I have noticed are the load times. 360 (again, installed) loads everything up right away. On PS3, it takes time to load the backgrounds on the menu screens and there is an incredibly-annoying "pause" when loading the outfit selection window or picking a character with any outfit equipped other than their defaults on the character select screen. It's so bad that I have had the timer run out and the game pick the wrong partner when playing online.

To alleviate this, I've set a number of tag teams I generally go for, but even then the game STILL has the pause to load the extra outfits. I hope they patch this and am surprised no one else is mentioning it.

Not too concerned about the visuals, but I don't like the sound of those load times. You'd think that the mandatory install would alleviate this issue. The PS3 is my only online option, so I guess I'll see for myself when the game arrives tomorrow.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
So is the guide really good for this game? Would it help out a beginner?

Anyone else have any impressions on the guide?

The guide is svelte and to the point. It's not an exhaustive move list in terms of each primary character entry. There's a good opening section on the game systems and basic Tekken concepts. It seems very clear.

Each character chapter focuses on the character archetype, then a list of go-to attacks and how you should use them. Then how you should fight against that character. Then has a few example combos to get you started. It points out that most of the attack strings are filler for finishing off juggles, so no need to list them all in the guide. There is frame data in the back along with a glossary of the big stack of Tekken notation.

I'm no Tekken expert so I don't know if it's leaving out vital information pertaining to understanding a character.

I would say it's worth the money for the Amazon price I paid ($16).

Sayah

Wait, there is no way to do pair play in practice mode? Please tell me there is a way

Yeah, you can do pair play in Practice.

Is Nina still balls hard to use?

I might pick it up when its cheaper/has all the characters.

Yes, Nina will take time to learn.

This Zafina on Aris streams is pretty solid, she seems hella cool

EDIT: anyone knows if Kazuya gets some buff when he's in "devil mode", with wings and stuff?

Well, he can do a lot of other cool stuff. Lasers and everything, lol.

Any well-versed Tekken Dualshock users have recommendations as to what the L1/L2/R1/R2 buttons should assigned to? This is under the basis that I am using my thumb for the right side of the pad instead of two fingers.

This might be good:

L1: LP+RK
L2: LP+RP
R1: Tag button
R2: LK+RK

Top Bottom