• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Moofers

Is there any way to turn off the stupid customizations? I want to play the game offline and it seems like every. single. character. is wearing a stupid hat that doesn't go with their outfit, or they're holding a slab of meat or a flower or something. I just want to play the classic roster!

Other than that, game is awesome. Totally addicting and satisfying. Very glad to have a new Tekken.

Okay, no spoilers, but Forest Law's ending is the BEST THING.

Theres a lot of good endings this time around. Raven's had some incredible visuals and animations. Wang's was pure genius. Paul's is hilarious. Its funny how a non canon game gets such great ending's while T6's were garbage.
Is there any way to turn off the stupid customizations? I want to play the game offline and it seems like every. single. character. is wearing a stupid hat that doesn't go with their outfit, or they're holding a slab of meat or a flower or something. I just want to play the classic roster!

Other than that, game is awesome. Totally addicting and satisfying. Very glad to have a new Tekken.
Only Time Attack and Survival has the cpu in the default outfits.

I am literally going nuts hoping someone rips the character panel art. Seeing them in nice crisp 720p res compared to those shitty 480x640 versions with the logo slapped on them is awesome. The Angel art by Junny is nasty though, looks like Angel had some bad plastic surgery on her lips.

Any tips on beating Combats boss 3? I can seem to only punish with right punch and I have to be super fast sometimes when it seems it should work it doesn't. I can never seem to block the low attack or break the throws :(

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm absolutely tearing through Ghost Mode with Jun/Lili, but I feel like I really need to expand my arsenal a bit. I've basically been relying on the same few combos this whole time. I mean, if they work, they work, but it's a bit boring winning every match the same way every time. Plus I know that strategy won't work on human players at all.

Just got the game. My DLC code says in use :(:(:(

Calling now, better give me a new one! Have never had to deal with this.

EDIT: Fuck sake. Have to wait till the manager is in on saturday. Useless Aussie EB Games

Recall

Has there been any info yet on which console version is the better of the two or are they identical?

Load times being different is the only thing I've heard about so far.

Seijuro

Gamestop here selling it one day early (europe) - installing right now.
Will get the preorder dlc-code "when it's done" though (via email).

Edit: "when it's done" is apparently 30 minutes later. melon bikini-Kunimitsu here I come :D

Jamie OD

My Amazon copy has not shipped yet so I cancelled it and will buy the game in town tomorrow. No way I am going to pay more to have it shipped a few days late when I can just buy it at my local game shop at the normal price on Day 1 (for Europe).

To all Aussies who pre-ordered online through JB Hi Fi, theyve sent out the DLC codes through email. Good ol' JB.

Did yours work? My code(Eb games) came on a card but it says already been redeemed. And the little kiddies that get put on late night shift cant do anything about it with no manager there.

I'm finding Bryan Fury to be pretty darn good.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Was JB hifi supposed to be $79? In store I got charged that much but initially I thought it was $69 and online still shows $69.

ANZ edition btw.

Did yours work? My code(Eb games) came on a card but it says already been redeemed. And the little kiddies that get put on late night shift cant do anything about it with no manager there.

I'm finding Bryan Fury to be pretty darn good.

I havent tried it as I havent received the game yet (hopefully tomorrow).... Now I'm worried again

I havent tried it as I havent received the game yet (hopefully tomorrow).... Now I'm worried again

Doubt JB will be as incompetent.

I asked if they could give me a code from another copy of the game until they get a new one for me(if they will), but his response was "we cant have an incomplete game". I paid for the damn thing and got an incomplete game. Ugh

Dr_Faust

Neo Member
Just got the game. My DLC code says in use :(:(:(

Calling now, better give me a new one! Have never had to deal with this.

EDIT: Fuck sake. Have to wait till the manager is in on saturday. Useless Aussie EB Games

I had some weird stuff going on with codes , i got the dynamic theme working 1st time but the dlc bundle tried many time didnt work, then i input the code in caps manually instead of letting it auto convert and it worked.

Doubt JB will be as incompetent.

I asked if they could give me a code from another copy of the game until they get a new one for me(if they will), but his response was "we cant have an incomplete game". I paid for the damn thing and got an incomplete game. Ugh

That fucking sucks. I wonder why us Aussies dont get the code in box. Was yours in the box or did you have to ask for it?

I had some weird stuff going on with codes , i got the dynamic theme working 1st time but the dlc bundle tried many time didnt work, then i input the code in caps manually instead of letting it auto convert and it worked.

No dice:( Thanks for your help though.

That fucking sucks. I wonder why us Aussies dont get the code in box. Was yours in the box or did you have to ask for it?

The xbox one(which isn't working) was sitting on top of the box, which hadn't been opened. Not inside. The PS3 one was inside the case, again unopened. Yet to test the PS3 one.

Are a lot of the old 2P costumes (i.e. purple Kazuya tux) unlockable or just not in the game? I miss that one, and Asuka's traditional fighting outfit, and Xiaoyu's school uniform...bunch of others. They just not in the game or do you guys think we'll get them as DLC?

I'm just playing around in Ghost Battles now trying to unlock stuff.

Anyone know what the Star Bonus means when you get it? I thought maybe the panel in Customize would have something, but it didn't. I've gotten three so far, and no idea what they do.

Maybe something to do with money earning? I seem to be getting a lot of Lucky Boxes now, but that could just be because of my rank?

Doomshine

I'm just playing around in Ghost Battles now trying to unlock stuff.

Anyone know what the Star Bonus means when you get it? I thought maybe the panel in Customize would have something, but it didn't. I've gotten three so far, and no idea what they do.

Maybe something to do with money earning? I seem to be getting a lot of Lucky Boxes now, but that could just be because of my rank?

It's probably like getting a roulette rush in T6.

Onemic

Is a lars/raven team good? I don't know who else to pair him up with

And it seems that there are multiple customization tabs that are locked. Any idea on how to unlock them?

Are a lot of the old 2P costumes (i.e. purple Kazuya tux) unlockable or just not in the game? I miss that one, and Asuka's traditional fighting outfit, and Xiaoyu's school uniform...bunch of others. They just not in the game or do you guys think we'll get them as DLC?

Play Ghost Battles for awhile and get the "gold" matches. That's where you can unlock quite a few of the 2P outfits though it can take awhile.(I have Kazuya's 2P pants and Xiaoyu's school shirt thus far).

Play Ghost Battles for awhile and get the "gold" matches. That's where you can unlock quite a few of the 2P outfits though it can take awhile.(I have Kazuya's 2P pants and Xiaoyu's school shirt thus far).

Yesssss. That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks!

And yeah, I'm assuming that Netsu relationships aren't that huge a deal at a higher skill level, so it's not the end of the world if your characters don't align with each other too well, right? If you have two characters who you can tag assault with better, I'm sure that's more important than their affinity.

Klotera

My understanding was that Tekken Hybrid save data was supposed to unlock the outfits from TTT2 Prologue. I am not seeing that. Anyone else try this out?

notworksafe

Aren't some teams bad due to negative points being applied to them or something? Like teaming jin and kazuya or heihachi up.

The differences are minor. In first game it was more of an issue because some teams couldn't get netsu at all, but that isn't a problem in this game.

Really enjoying Lili/Leo right now. I never expected to be playing Leo but she's a blast...plus her and Lili have a special team throw!

My understanding was that Tekken Hybrid save data was supposed to unlock the outfits from TTT2 Prologue. I am not seeing that. Anyone else try this out?

I have a save as well and I don't think anything is unlocked...

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
So is there any way to speed up load times during team battles?

There was a long ass load time between every fight in a team battle when my friend and I played last night. even with the extra long install when i first put the game in.

Caj814

No luck on anyone's side right now. I saw a couple threads about it on other boards claiming the same thing.

Sayah

Aren't some teams bad due to negative points being applied to them or something? Like teaming jin and kazuya or heihachi up.

There is a love/hate system in the game. You get rage later than usual if the characters hate each other and you get it earlier if they like each other. But it's not that big of a difference. Nina and Anna hate each other but I use them just fine as a team.

Onemic

There is a love/hate system in the game. You get rage later than usual if the characters hate each other and you get it earlier if they like each other. But it's not that big of a difference. Nina and Anna hate each other but I use them just fine as a team.

Sweet, Lars/raven it is then. Get ready to get bodied sayah, I'm comin for ya!

I know better than to bother playing online any time soon, but I'm having fun unlocking crap.

Been a long while since I played Tekken, but I tried a little Nina/Lili last night and things started clicking again.

Top Bottom