• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Were you playing arcade mode until it unlocked? Maybe I need to switch to that or something.

As of now I've done 160+ ghost matches. I have no problem doing more if need be. :lol
I've played Online, Arcade, one run through Fight Lab, and a bit of Survival and I'm not sure exactly when it unlocked. I checked for it when I first got the game and it wasn't there then all the sudden it was. I think as long as you're playing, you're unlocking stuff.

Looks like Tekken is not for me after so many years. I'm just training mode it up and just messing with buttons to see what I can use to pressure and etc. Also just messing with the movement.

I think SC clicked more with me (never played VF). O well, I didn't have high expectation of TTT2. I just wanted to buy the game day 1 to support free dlc, harada and the FGC.

I'll mess with it more. I need to find a character that is really easy to pickup that has good normals (lol?) where I can just play a spacing/pressure game. I wished I could get into lili's playstyle. Nothing even close to SFxT's lili.

Degen

Lol, some of these item moves might actually be viable in some situations

also, thanks "Fight Lab" for teaching me that holding the tag button during a Bound instead of just pressing it = a free running air throw setup because the AI takes over the partner

CSX

omg at the devil jin and angel laser tag throw.

Never gonna get sick seeing it

dont have the time to pick up angel though :(

Nori Chan

I've played Online, Arcade, one run through Fight Lab, and a bit of Survival and I'm not sure exactly when it unlocked. I checked for it when I first got the game and it wasn't there then all the sudden it was. I think as long as you're playing, you're unlocking stuff.

I think you get it for unlocking their endings.

I unlocked the school costume for Asuka and I got her ending through ghost. Hopefully that what I said is true. :D

Edit: I'm pretty sure there's more to it though. I have the school outfit top, but not the bottom. Pretty Strange though. NVM about that, I have ogre's ending, but nothing new for him/ Same with Lei

Sayah

GGs AAK. Sadly I had to go. Can't believe we have a 1 bar in this game but the matches are still running pretty smoothly despite that. Such good netcode.

omg at the devil jin and angel laser tag throw.

Never gonna get sick seeing it

dont have the time to pick up angel though :(

Does that have a special command or something? I've been trying to find team-specific tag throws but having no luck.

Hit Vanquisher offline. Actually it's Dan 16...hmm...Hopefully that means Tekken Lord is "only" Dan 30.

you gotta do all the throws not just the standard 1+3 and 2+4 and press tag right after.

for the grab i mentioned its devil jin's laser throw and then tag button.

f, hcf1+2~5

you can do it with angel on point with the same notation or the much easier way

f+3 (her stance) 1+2~5

Son of a gun. I don't remember seeing any of these in the movelists.
Much appreciation.

CSX

Does that have a special command or something? I've been trying to find team-specific tag throws but having no luck.

you gotta do all the throws not just the standard 1+3 and 2+4 and press tag right after.

for the grab i mentioned its devil jin's laser throw and then tag button.

f, hcf1+2~5

you can do it with angel on point with the same notation or the much easier way

f+3 (her stance) 1+2~5

Skilletor

Looks like Tekken is not for me after so many years. I'm just training mode it up and just messing with buttons to see what I can use to pressure and etc. Also just messing with the movement.

I think SC clicked more with me (never played VF). O well, I didn't have high expectation of TTT2. I just wanted to buy the game day 1 to support free dlc, harada and the FGC.

I'll mess with it more. I need to find a character that is really easy to pickup that has good normals (lol?) where I can just play a spacing/pressure game. I wished I could get into lili's playstyle. Nothing even close to SFxT's lili.

Have you tried out Jin? That's pretty much his playstyle.

I love Harada. He's such an awesome troll.

N8jVP.jpg

Bleep

For those of you in Australia, was I meant to be given a separate code for preordering the We Are Tekken edition? I can't see a dlc code for anything other than the online pass!

The DLC code is separate to the game, I had to return to the store to get it. Make sure you ask for it everyone!

CSX

just wanna say before going to bed that the Jun force was out tonight.

Played about 3 juns in a row, one of them being solo. Learned that I am so free against Jun. I pretty much had to beat them by poking like a madman. Gotta learn some defense against her.

Esura

Banned
Nice. I got Jun's old school outfit. Its called Ecological Outfit or something. Dunno how, I just kept grinding the Ghost Battle mode.

I will never switch her from that outfit. :D

Esura

Banned
Well, it is IGN after all.

I wonder why no one in the community has taken the mantle of making a fighting game review site. So many fighting games have been coming out lately.

Sayah

I wonder why no one in the community has taken the mantle of making a fighting game review site. So many fighting games have been coming out lately.

I would make one if I knew how and if I had the time to learn and play all the fighting games. :p

Fighters are my favorite genre and probably are the only thing keeping my interest in games alive.

The focus would be too narrow, methinks. Although a competitive gaming site that had shooters, RTS, and fighters each with knowledgeable reviewers dedicated to their particular genre might be be a good idea.

Anyone figure out how to unlock the old school outfits yet? I got to Jun in arcade mode and she walked in with her old school outfit. I. Want. That. Shit.

Just keep playng ghost battle with her dude. I got both parts. Its taking forever to get Angel's special stuff though. Im like 150 matches deep(1 round for the win) and just got her armor for her legs.

How does one do the great combo trophy? I did a 14 hit tag combo, but I still didn't get it. . .

Gotta do a special team combo such as Law and Paul's or Kazuya and Jinpachi.

Law's is f+ 2~1, Paul will automatically come in, hit 2,2. Law will come in, hit 1 after Law finishes his flip.

Esura

Banned
I would make one if I knew how and if I had the time to learn and play all the fighting games. :p

Fighters are my favorite genre and probably are the only thing keeping my interest in games alive.

Its one of my favorites as well. I know I couldn't do a review for a fighting game justice.

The focus would be too narrow, methinks. Although a competitive gaming site that had shooters, RTS, and fighters each with knowledgeable reviewers dedicated to their particular genre might be be a good idea.

You got sites like RPG Fan that almost solely do RPGs. I figure a fighting game website could cover stuff like Smash and Naruto as well or maybe do retro reviews of old forgotten fighters and stuff.

Lol, some of these item moves might actually be viable in some situations

also, thanks "Fight Lab" for teaching me that holding the tag button during a Bound instead of just pressing it = a free running air throw setup because the AI takes over the partner

Ive won a few online fights thanks to mr handgun. It's fun.

Hellix

After going 20-3 online... I lost like 15 times. King might be wearing out its usefulness but its all I know. Maybe I should try a faster character.

I am doing some soul searching. Since playing the Jun fighting style since Tekken 2 I think its time to retire her. I can't seem to teach myself more. I'm being way too predicable. So far using Jinpachi is so much fun. Not sure who else to play.

Raonak

Banned
WOOT

bless harada, he's such a saint. Just found out that not only does the standard AU/NZ edition comes in a steel case, has all the preorder DLC, but it even includes download of Tekken 1.
this is the game that doesn't stop giving.

DR2K

Banned
Just keep playng ghost battle with her dude. I got both parts. Its taking forever to get Angel's special stuff though. Im like 150 matches deep(1 round for the win) and just got her armor for her legs.

Gotta do a special team combo such as Law and Paul's or Kazuya and Jinpachi.

Law's is f+ 2~1, Paul will automatically come in, hit 2,2. Law will come in, hit 1 after Law finishes his flip.

Hot damn, thanks. Are there more combos like this?

Esura

Banned
Oh wow, fuck Unknown.

I don't even know what happened. Got hosed like a garden.

EDIT: Jun's and Asuka's backflip did the trick. Just keep running into the flip lame boss.

I wonder would they put Jun in T7. Her and Unknown could be like, the cause of whatever problem happens in T7 and Jin gonna have to beat up his mamma. Do it Harada. Turned Jin a villain, might as well turn Jun into one too.

Bleep

The netcode is awesome when I get a good connection, unfortunately living in the most isolated city on the wrong coast of Australia means that a lot of the time I'm getting bad connections even though they are shown as 4 bars. The lag is low, but I am getting a lot of skipped frames and slowdown that I'm not used to after playing in the arcade and it's throwing me off and losing me matches big time.

I also uploaded a quick BnB combo that I have been using with Heihachi/Julia for a long time (after disrespecting a new playing with EWGF at the start of the round): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3WuBNO5znE. This does around 122 damage, pretty crazy. Having teams of good taggable launcher character/wall carry and damage character has treated me well in the arcades. I just need to get used to playing against online players!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I think I've finally settled on a team of Jun/Lili, at least for now. Both fairly easy to play and really good overall. Plus dat Lili bikini. :D

The netcode is awesome when I get a good connection, unfortunately living in the most isolated city on the wrong coast of Australia means that a lot of the time I'm getting bad connections even though they are shown as 4 bars. The lag is low, but I am getting a lot of skipped frames and slowdown that I'm not used to after playing in the arcade and it's throwing me off and losing me matches big time.

I also uploaded a quick BnB combo that I have been using with Heihachi/Julia for a long time (after disrespecting a new playing with EWGF at the start of the round): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3WuBNO5znE. This does around 122 damage, pretty crazy. Having teams of good taggable launcher character/wall carry and damage character has treated me well in the arcades. I just need to get used to playing against online players!

Perth? PSN/XBL?

LowParry

i'm not sure what it is, I just can't grasp Jun right now. However pairing her with Forest was a good choice. So I think that claims my two groups to work on. Xiaoyu/Kuni and Jun/Forest. Good times!

is there anyway you can equip a mustache on Marshall Law, like how he rocked it in Tekken 4/5?

edit: is there pics of all the customizations out there somewhere?

Depending your router, you'll have to assign the IP in your router settings that match your PS3.

PSN Ports:

TCP 80
TCP 443
TCP 5223
UDP 3478
UDP 3479
UDP 3658

See if these help.

I got a new router recently and PSN just hasn't been working right since. I tried for 15 minutes to find a match this morning with no luck, then got signed out with an error message.

I've never had to fiddle with this stuff before. Is there a more detailed tutorial someone can link me?

Top Bottom