• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Raonak

Banned
I wonder would they put Jun in T7. Her and Unknown could be like, the cause of whatever problem happens in T7 and Jin gonna have to beat up his mamma. Do it Harada. Turned Jin a villain, might as well turn Jun into one too.

actually, if you completed scenerio campaigh....

jin isn't really evil, he just knows of the Azael prophecy, where when theres a certain amount of chaos happening in the world Azael will awaken and cause havoc.

so jin made the zaibatsu go to war with everyone to cause the amount of chaos, so then he could awaken, then kill Azael.

yep....

zlatko

Banned
I played a buddy who's a bit better than I am last night, and I got bodied free. Probably went like 5 me 30 him. I was messing with the whole roster and doing random, and so was he.

I found Lars, Jun, Bob, Steve, and Paul to be the funnest to play, although I am total ass with lars and Jun.

I'm still pretty pissy at how shitty character customization is in this game. Trying to make a character look bad ass is just damn near impossible compared to their original outfit. It also confuses me why I can't color customize outfit #2 for anyone.

I feel Namco really dropped the ball with CC compared to T6, and didn't make enough strides for little things here that a Western developer would have. Why the fuck is my jet black hair colored Paul Phoenix stuck with a blonde beard? :/

Onemic

I played a buddy who's a bit better than I am last night, and I got bodied free. Probably went like 5 me 30 him. I was messing with the whole roster and doing random, and so was he.

I found Lars, Jun, Bob, Steve, and Paul to be the funnest to play, although I am total ass with lars and Jun.

I'm still pretty pissy at how shitty character customization is in this game. Trying to make a character look bad ass is just damn near impossible compared to their original outfit. It also confuses me why I can't color customize outfit #2 for anyone.

I feel Namco really dropped the ball with CC compared to T6, and didn't make enough strides for little things here that a Western developer would have. Why the fuck is my jet black hair colored Paul Phoenix stuck with a blonde beard? :/

Supposedly it was to make online play smooth.

LowParry

My understanding was that Tekken Hybrid save data was supposed to unlock the outfits from TTT2 Prologue. I am not seeing that. Anyone else try this out?

The only thing I've seen tied with Prologue is Xiaoyu's panel of her school outfit from the movie. Nothing else so far that I've seen.

Oh and Kuni's 2P alt (that you unlock) costume is boss. :D

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Just keep playng ghost battle with her dude. I got both parts. Its taking forever to get Angel's special stuff though. Im like 150 matches deep(1 round for the win) and just got her armor for her legs.

Shiiiit I need to change this 2 round win nonsense. I'm going to grind out like crazy now.

LowParry

Less items? Fine. I'll accept that reasoning, but they added a color wheel to customize with this time so it seems absurd to not let me color a characters preset hair style.

There are other custom options that are not open yet as far as I can tell. Some people here have confirmed they do unlock (hair customs) so there could be hope of say a facial hair option for the male characters.

zlatko

Banned
There are other custom options that are not open yet as far as I can tell. Some people here have confirmed they do unlock (hair customs) so there could be hope of say a facial hair option for the male characters.

I thought the only things you unlock are weird items, portraits, color glows, and WWE intro backgrounds?

So are there body and pants that unlock too?

Raonak

Banned
I doubt that was the reason. More likely they ran out of time and couldn't include all the stuff T6 had.

Well, that technically is the reason, They had a time allowance, so it went into making the extra characters + endings, combot mode and making the online short of perfect.

Nori Chan

Holy Shit....I broke the fucking game. It frooze up on me when I was playing one round ghost battles and we both had Lili and I'm guessing we got the same move and we got a Double KO....I BROKE THE GAME GUYS O_O

You guys remember Tekken 4's statue stage that played a random remix of an original Tekken tune each time you played? Wouldn't you want to have that option with your own Tekken tunes library? Let's campaign to get that feature patched in. I want the ability to set multiple tracks per stage and menu and the game loads a random tune every time it loads up! You know you want it.

Fantasmo

You guys remember Tekken 4's statue stage that played a random remix of an original Tekken tune each time you played? Wouldn't you want to have that option with your own Tekken tunes library? Let's campaign to get that feature patched in. I want the ability to set multiple tracks per stage and menu and the game loads a random tune every time it loads up! You know you want it.
YES! How do we start a petition?

Chavelo

Paid DLC, bro.

No, seriously. I'm pretty sure there is good chance that it might be a tie-in DLC feature when the soundtracks for the previous Tekken games are released.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
GGd blep. As you can see I am terrible and still a little rusty. :p Could just do some basic BnBs and my movement is terrible.

Still need to get some Jun BnBs down.

zlatko

Banned
So question about the arcade mode:

When I completed it I obtained 2 million G's. If I repeat it, do I always get 2Mil, or do you get less and less per completion?

I'm fixing to just grind it out on 1 rounders and complete it a few times tonight so I can buy whatever I want for my characters.

Caj814

When I completed it I obtained 2 million G's. If I repeat it, do I always get 2Mil, or do you get less and less per completion?

I'm fixing to just grind it out on 1 rounders and complete it a few times tonight so I can buy whatever I want for my characters.

You get a lot more money from consecutive ghost battles in the long run.

Chavelo

I think you only get 2 mil from the first time you beat a certain mode. :/

Also, you coming down tonight? :D

zlatko

Banned
You get a lot more money from consecutive ghost battles in the long run.

Really?

Arcade you set it to 1 round, easy AI, and gain 50K per fight, and final completion nets you 2M G after doing what, 8 fights?

Can you really amass 2M+G in around 8 fights in ghost?

Ferrio

Banned
Okay someone is going to have to break down Tag assualt here. Questions I have:

1. What is the limitations on what the incoming character can do. Like how many moves or time frame or whatever.
2. What causes you to switch back to your original character.
3. What is usually done during TA. Stuff I've tried usually floats or slams a character way far away, no matter what... launcher etc. I can't seem to make anything useful that I couldn't just do with one character.

maomaoIYP

Okay someone is going to have to break down Tag assualt here. Questions I have:

1. What is the limitations on what the incoming character can do. Like how many moves or time frame or whatever.
2. What causes you to switch back to your original character.
3. What is usually done during TA. Stuff I've tried usually floats or slams a character way far away, no matter what... launcher etc. I can't seem to make anything useful that I couldn't just do with one character.

1. You are limited to only one attack string. If your string is cancellable into a stance everything counts.
2. The string ends.
3. It really depends how far into the combo you are doing the tag assault. Depending on your characters it's not always more damaging to use a tag assault. Watch some videos to get an idea.

notworksafe

Was just talking about this stage with my roommate. Having one like that would be awesome. Or something like the ASW games where you can pick music separately from the stage would be nice as well.

You bought the one that has large userbase and multiple controller types available for use. You made the right decision.
Wii U should be able to use the TVC stick and will have its own TTT2 TE as well. :p

Chavelo

Was just talking about this stage with my roommate. Having one like that would be awesome. Or something like the ASW games where you can pick music separately from the stage would be nice as well.

Yo, notworksafe: Can you sign me up for the 0-2 losers tournament for TTT2 already? I know I ain't beating anyone on the regular game, much less Saeng or Big D. :p

notworksafe

Yo, notworksafe: Can you sign me up for the 0-2 losers tournament for TTT2 already? I know I ain't beating anyone on the regular game, much less Saeng or Big D. :p

Maaaaaan you aren't kidding. I've been getting demolished locally as well so I'll sign us both up for it! Tell Saeng not to hurt us too bad. :(

Also. hi! Didn't realize you posted here as well. :p

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
is there a digital guide for this game? Also, anyone have the guide and have some quick impressions about the quality?

Chavelo

Maaaaaan you aren't kidding. I've been getting demolished locally as well so I'll sign us both up for it! Tell Saeng not to hurt us too bad. :(

Also. hi! Didn't realize you posted here as well. :p

I troll and post online way more than actually play and actually get good at fighting games. :(

But I'm gunning for that Marvel top 3 placing. Hopefully I can get some Marvel heads to come to our local Denver gatherings to play some casuals/practice... All everyone wants to play right now is P4A, KOF and now TTT2! QQ

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Wii U should be able to use the TVC stick and will have its own TTT2 TE as well. :p

One joystick that might work and one confirmed stick...WOW!!

This is the limitation of a new hardware platform. If I was planning on getting a Wii U, I'd likely pick up TTT2 on there (who knows...maybe it won't have the image quality issues that 360/PS3 have and won't have the load issues that the PS3 version has), but I just don't see a huge number of players moving to the Wii U platform to play the game.

notworksafe

I troll and post online way more than actually play and actually get good at fighting games. :(

But I'm gunning for that Marvel top 3 placing. Hopefully I can get some Marvel heads to come to our local Denver gatherings to play some casuals/practice... All everyone wants to play right now is P4A, KOF and now TTT2! QQ
Here it's Mehvel, AE and now TTT2. Though we have secret pockets of KOF, P4A, and even Skullgirls support.

I'd like to get 1st in Skullgirls (for whatever that's worth) and not go 0-2 in TTT2. Hoping someone from CO wins the Losers tournament since the prize is an NM-ISM shirt. :p

See you in a week...and we should get some TTT matches in!

This is the limitation of a new hardware platform. If I was planning on getting a Wii U, I'd likely pick up TTT2 on there (who knows...maybe it won't have the image quality issues that 360/PS3 have and won't have the load issues that the PS3 version has), but I just don't see a huge number of players moving to the Wii U platform to play the game.

Eh, it is supposed to support Wii controllers so I plan to just make a custom stick with the TvC PCB for any exclusive fighters that come out. But you are right, TTT2 probably won't be huge on there.

Chavelo

Yeah, the tekken community is not gonna change overnight for the Wii U, but it'll be a great console for casuals with friends. Hell, MAYBE they might make a TvC sequel. :O

Top Bottom