• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
TTT2 Wii U I'd be slightly concerned with online. Though those Nintendo customs are pretty damn cool.

Yeah, this is another thing of concern. But I can't seem them fucking up the online. They just need to make it as easy to add people to friends list, message them, and invite people to play games.

I played a buddy who's a bit better than I am last night, and I got bodied free. Probably went like 5 me 30 him. I was messing with the whole roster and doing random, and so was he.

I found Lars, Jun, Bob, Steve, and Paul to be the funnest to play, although I am total ass with lars and Jun.

I'm still pretty pissy at how shitty character customization is in this game. Trying to make a character look bad ass is just damn near impossible compared to their original outfit. It also confuses me why I can't color customize outfit #2 for anyone.

I feel Namco really dropped the ball with CC compared to T6, and didn't make enough strides for little things here that a Western developer would have. Why the fuck is my jet black hair colored Paul Phoenix stuck with a blonde beard? :/

Customization is about my only complaint for this game. I'm hoping that besides the nintendo outfits the WiiU version gives us a ton more stuff and seperate categories. It should be more powerful than 360/PS3 so if the hardware can handle it then give is, hands/feet, head/head accessories etc. These gloves and arm sleeves on some of the outfits are killing me.

I'm just playing around in Ghost Battles now trying to unlock stuff.

Anyone know what the Star Bonus means when you get it? I thought maybe the panel in Customize would have something, but it didn't. I've gotten three so far, and no idea what they do.

Maybe something to do with money earning? I seem to be getting a lot of Lucky Boxes now, but that could just be because of my rank?
I'm starting to think the star might be costume unlocks.

Neptune

My thumbs are sore and I'm so terrible at everything, but I'm having tons of fun! I only wish I could play as Kunimitsu now, since she was the character I was most excited about. I don't think any major retailer in Norway was offering any kind of pre-order bonus for the game at all. I hope the DLC becomes available soon!

zlatko

Banned
I think you only get 2 mil from the first time you beat a certain mode. :/

Also, you coming down tonight? :D

Oops when I said next Thursday, I meant of the coming week. My bad for mixing up the signal.

I'd just be mashing if I could come down tonight anyway. xD

Sullichin

Kind of falling for the hype for this. I don't live with my friends I played fighting games with anymore though, and I'm sure I'll get destroyed online. But I love me some Tekken...

Chavelo

Here it's Mehvel, AE and now TTT2. Though we have secret pockets of KOF, P4A, and even Skullgirls support.

I'd like to get 1st in Skullgirls (for whatever that's worth) and not go 0-2 in TTT2. Hoping someone from CO wins the Losers tournament since the prize is an NM-ISM shirt. :p

See you in a week...and we should get some TTT matches in!

I'll be there next Thursday until Monday. Are you guys doing anything on the days before or after the tournament? I'll be down for some casuals. :D

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Jun players. I need some BnB combos/tag combos (I'm looking at you SD!). I'll trade some Kuni combos!

Sent you a message, but better yet we can just set up a practice lobby so we can just practice whatever. Let me know when you're free and I'll get one started.

Pookmunki

My WAT came today after all, looking forward to cracking it on tonight once my Son is in bed.

Art book is lovely, yet to try the cds but the soundtrack is quite long, remix disk not so.

Happy with my purch!

Unlocking stuff is really slow.

I have no idea if I'm even doing this right.

And going on win streaks in Ghost Battle doesn't seem to do anything. =/

Tizoc

When playing Ghost Battle make sure to fight an opponent whose bar is colored yellow this always have an item or ending to unlock.

DEATH™

Is it bad when I'm playing arcade mode and nothing gets unlocked? (Well, except endings)

I'm trying to unlock customizations and stuff... Panels are also not there yet too...

When playing Ghost Battle make sure to fight an opponent whose bar is colored yellow this always have an item or ending to unlock.

I know about that, but there isn't always an option to do that.

I can go on a 20 game win streak and have found two things. That makes no sense.

CSX

DEATH™;42082076 said:
Is it bad when I'm playing arcade mode and nothing gets unlocked? (Well, except endings)

I'm trying to unlock customizations and stuff... Panels are also not there yet too...

do ghost battle. occasionally, there will be a selectable opponent thats in gold. That means if you beat the team, you will receive an ending, customization items, or both

SOLDIER

If it's like the custom music options from SSX, then you can only use music saved on the hard drive. Which means yes, you will be ripping CDs a lot.

Is that seriously the only way to save music on the 360's hard drive?

People are clearly putting their music in, so I'd like clarification.

8byte

Banned
When you unlock custom shit in Ghost Mode, is it specifically for that character, or just random items for any character?

zlatko

Banned
Customization is about my only complaint for this game. I'm hoping that besides the nintendo outfits the WiiU version gives us a ton more stuff and seperate categories. It should be more powerful than 360/PS3 so if the hardware can handle it then give is, hands/feet, head/head accessories etc. These gloves and arm sleeves on some of the outfits are killing me.

Yeah in T6 I always felt like there was so much cool stuff I could get for my characters that I never knew what to invest in, but here I just cringe at some of the shit and how it is placed on bodies.

Seriously...there is some LAZY ASS 3D modeling going on when a T-shirt placed on a character looks like a fucking fat ass winter coat on a character.

SDBurton

Is that seriously the only way to save music on the 360's hard drive?

People are clearly putting their music in, so I'd like clarification.

Pretty much. Unfortunately with the 360 you can't transfer music to it via USB. For SSX I had to burn CDs and then transfer them that way.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

It's random unlocks not just for your character :p use who you like and body everything

Yeah in T6 I always felt like there was so much cool stuff I could get for my characters that I never knew what to invest in, but here I just cringe at some of the shit and how it is placed on bodies.

Seriously...there is some LAZY ASS 3D modeling going on when a T-shirt placed on a character looks like a fucking fat ass winter coat on a character.

That's because the shirts and stuff are not actually overlayed to the characters body itself. Which is why a bunch of things have no breast physics for the girls.

Pachimari

So got a message I can pick up my We Are Tekken edition but I don't know if it's worth it. I got the DLC already from the leak on PSN and I got a review copy on the way but it might be next week or the following week. =/

Doomshine

So got a message I can pick up my We Are Tekken edition but I don't know if it's worth it. I got the DLC already from the leak on PSN and I got a review copy on the way but it might be next week or the following week. =/

Do it to support Harada and the Tekken team?

SDBurton

I would get it regardless. Wish we had a WAT edition. :lol

Chavelo

OXM said:
As a catchall franchise compilation, Tekken Tag 2 works for fans who aren’t seeking anything too radically different, delivering plenty of fighters and solid fun, even if it’s traversing well-worn territory. But when another of this year’s fighting games — Capcom’s Street Fighter X Tekken — puts your combatants to more exciting use, it may be time to consider a bolder approach.

mj-laughing1.gif

rvy

Banned

#BasedHarada deserves our money.

If you don't buy it, Activison and EA win.

zlatko

Banned
The Tekken characters in SFxTK were such shit. Especially the DLC bunch.

mj-laughing1.gif

Kazuya was awesome. I love HOW they designed the characters in SFxT to look, and play, but yes a huge chunk of the Tekken cast turned out to be fairly ass when it comes to tiering them.

Paul in SFxT > Paul in any Tekken game

Pachimari

I'm not much of a guy to "support" in that way to be honest.

I could save those money toward an iPad Mini (or even a Hori Pro V3 arcade stick). :)

Chavelo

Kazuya was awesome. I love HOW they designed the character in SFxT to look, and play, but yes a huge chunk of the Tekken cast turned out to be fairly ass when it comes to tiering them.

Paul in SFxT > Paul in any Tekken game

Agreed. The transition from 3D to 2D was actually well done.

I could save those money toward an iPad Mini...

notpostingthatmichaeljordanlaughinggifagainsinceit'skindabig.gif

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GAHAHAHA that review. So many reviewers apparently suck at tekken. And the tekken characters in Sf X Tekken are pretty good minus a few once you learn how to play as them. *not like sf*

Pimpbaa

What's the deal here? I ordered the game from amazon canada and just got it today. Were they suppose to email me a code for the preorder bonuses?

gwiz210

This game is so amazing. So much love and fanservice. Tekken Tunes was a great addition too. I've got Tekken 2's Jun music playing in the Flower Field stage and Eddy's TTT1 music playing on the sunset street stage.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Is that surprising lol? I think Tekken is the hardest fighting franchise to get into hands down.

It is, but honestly the combot mode thing is wonderful and does teach you each mechanic step by step. People shouldn't move on til they can A rank everything.

Top Bottom