• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Skilletor

lol. Are you going to be on tomorrow? I have to help my wife with her homework tonight.

Nawp, probably won't be able to play much until weekend. I'm in a 6-week course that ends 9/21. I have 3 tests in the next week. :(

I shouldn't even be playing as much as I have been. lol.

Stupid awesome game. Stupid awesome online.

Sigh.

Nawp, probably won't be able to play much until weekend. I'm in a 6-week course that ends 9/21. I have 3 tests in the next week. :(

I shouldn't even be playing as much as I have been. lol.

Stupid awesome game. Stupid awesome online.

Sigh.
I know that feel bro.

Except I decided to take September and October off because of TTT2 and DOA5. A man-child's gotta have his priorities.

AAK

I think it just depends on what you learned to play first. Going from TTT2 to VF is just as hard as going from VF to TTT2.

Then it really should be easy to get into TTT2. VF5 was my first foray into the series. I'm at Assassin level already. Maybe because I use Sarah and flipkicks are top tier, but mechanics and execution wise it's very straight forward. Only thing I find that's challenging is properly fuzzy guarding.

But regardless, in terms of quality both series play to their strengths.

mephie

Neo Member
When you unlock custom shit in Ghost Mode, is it specifically for that character, or just random items for any character?

The character specific items and endings you get from the gold boxes are for the lead character on the opponent's team.

You guys remember Tekken 4's statue stage that played a random remix of an original Tekken tune each time you played? Wouldn't you want to have that option with your own Tekken tunes library? Let's campaign to get that feature patched in. I want the ability to set multiple tracks per stage and menu and the game loads a random tune every time it loads up! You know you want it.

Quoting for new page/time/crowd. This needs to happen or else the time I've spent meticulously listening to every arranged/console Tekken track and deciding which new stage they fit best based on many factors would be a waste. Anyone want my list once I finalize it? You'd see where the inspiration for my decisions come from. I've been having fun doing it too.

Also, without the feature, buying Tekken tunes is a damn waste. Why the hell would I bother buying more than the stage limit if I'd have to manually change songs every time I want to get my money's worth?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
198436_10151133378172978_1570520452_n.jpg

304346_10151133378097978_1637173959_n.jpg

542058_10151133383982978_1465179212_n.jpg

304597_10151133384902978_1899439937_n.jpg

550576_10151133383677978_882775936_n.jpg

I forgot to mention earlier that I did a long Ghost mode session. Really good for unlocks but not as good for money as Online/Arcade. As for 2P costumes, sometimes they unlock straight to the Equip submenu and sometimes you have to buy them. And you don't get any notification of what was unlocked, so if you're looking for something in particular you'll just have to check back under both menus periodically.

Oh, and the 2P stuff unlocks in pieces. So right now I have Paul's old biker top but not the pants and Hwoarang's "karate"(lol) uniform top and bottom but not the headband.

Tobe

Qq is there any real difference besides the cover on the south American version and the us version. Dammit I really don't want the south American one ugly cover.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
GGS to Kincaido. Most fun I've had playing Tekken in a long, long time. :D Amazing how much fun the game is when you're playing someone of equal skill.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I forgot to mention earlier that I did a long Ghost mode session. Really good for unlocks but not as good for money as Online/Arcade. As for 2P costumes, sometimes they unlock straight to the Equip submenu and sometimes you have to buy them. And you don't get any notification of what was unlocked, so if you're looking for something in particular you'll just have to check back under both menus periodically.

Oh, and the 2P stuff unlocks in pieces. So right now I have Paul's old biker top but not the pants and Hwoarang's "karate"(lol) uniform top and bottom but not the headband.

It's so weird. The moment I put Jun on point and did the next gold match I got the old school set. Not complaining at all though, so glad I finally have it.

When I first encountered her wearing it in arcade mode I had this song set for its stage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsJzJROlITU

It played out so perfectly.

Did I unlock an item that isn't purchaseable? All of a sudden, Yoshi has an awesome helmet that isn't the bullshit generic stuff I remember scrolling through by default. Or did I just skim over it in a yawn induced coma because of how shitty the items are?

If it was a hidden item, how do I find out in game what I can acquire or when I've collected them all? My guess is the randomness of it allows Namco to comfortably charge real money to unlock all items.

Did I unlock an item that isn't purchaseable? All of a sudden, Yoshi has an awesome helmet that isn't the bullshit generic stuff I remember scrolling through by default. Or did I just skim over it in a yawn induced coma because of how shitty the items are?

If it was a hidden item, how do I find out in game what I can acquire or when I've collected them all? My guess is the randomness of it allows Namco to comfortably charge real money to unlock all items.
Yes. Most of the good, character specific stuff is non-purchasable and must be unlocked.

DEATH™;42097235 said:
Forest 1+3~5 to Marshall... Can't find Marshall to Forest one though...

BTW guys, do you know how to take off the skirt/pareos on the bikini outfits?

Thanks! Wish they would explain it somewhere in the game that shows the inputs for the specials (unless they do)

I did Baek/Hwoarang's special tag combo, felt badass

also, Sakura Schoolyard is basically my training stage

Esura

Banned
Question.

How many characters are each of you guys playing? At first I was focusing on Asuka and Jun but now Im using Alisa and Jaycee or Jin. Mostly unlocking stuff in Ghost Battle.

GrayFoxPL

I'm pissing rainbows.

Violet is indeed T4 Violet like I dreamed and even has new moves to that.

Just how long will I have to wait for the unlock?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
What's the highest rank you can get in Ghost Battles?

I'm kind of tired of chessing the computer.

I have no clue, it's pretty high though. I don't know the name specifically, but I'm currently at Dan rank 21 (22?) offline from Ghost Battling so much. I'm probably going to try and max it out just for the hell of it.

LOL, so I'm not the only one using anime tracks.

I'm switching them out every now and then, but I love TeddyLoid's stuff.

Top Bottom