• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

danmaku

I wouldn't recommend lei too many stances. Aris had a list of beginner characters. Lili is one he didnt mention but she's in that category.

Oh, I know he's hard. He was my sub in T6 and I struggled to beat beginners, but who cares. I have a masochistic attraction for hard characters. I could add someone else to the team, though. Leo, Lee Chaolan, Raven, Zafina, Kunimitsu and Wang are interesting characters too.

Onemic

Can anyone tell me how these characters play and their general level of difficulty?: Tiger, Lars, Jun, Kinpachi, Raven, Kazuya, Baek, Jin, Feng

Dereck

inwT08CmRLbQx.png

Claimed, this one is better.

DSix

Banned
That google trad French is so wrong. A peine compréhensible.

Is it bad that I seriously want to buy this even though I'm just horrible at tekken?
Good thing they introduced some tutorials this time.

Thanks.

Do you think the majority of people will play this as a tag game or as a 1v1 thing? I'm pretty new to Tekken so learning new systems and two characters at a time seems pretty daunting.
Just stick with one character at first. Once you're confident enough you'll want to try another one. Then combine.

OT is beautiful!

This will be my first tekken game :D Any tips for the newcomer? And is this a good game to start off my tekken career?
Well, having a physical guidebook does help a lot. That 400page brady guide would be a good bet.
When I learned Tekken 1 and 2 I had guidebooks and it really helped understand it all (damn I feel old... it was almost 20 years ago, before the internet spread).

Nice OT.

Any guess on which system will have the most players, or will it be fairly even.
Most of the hardcore tekken community is on PS3 (because T5DR was exclusive).

Doomshine

Can anyone tell me how these characters play and their general level of difficulty?: Tiger, Lars, Jun, Kinpachi, Raven, Kazuya, Baek, Jin, Feng

Hard: Kazuya, Baek
Average: Jin, Raven
Easy: Lars, Feng

I have no idea: Tiger, Jun, Jinpachi.

If we assume Tiger is like Eddy: Hard.
If we assume Jun is like Asuka: Easy.

IMO.

Nemesis_

That google trad French is so wrong. A peine compréhensible

IKR. I don't even speak French either.

Can't wait for this game though, I love games that are relatively easy to play for everyone of all experience and have large rosters.

So keen for this ^_^

DSix

Banned

IMO.

I don't really agree, I think the chars you put on average are pretty on part in easiness with the easy ones. To me the only real difference is how hard Kazuya and Baek are.

Onemic

IMO.

hmm decisions, decisions. Tiger just looks so fly, I have to main him no matter how hard he is. The question is who my partner will be. I'm thinking Jun, Jinpachi, Lars, or Feng.

Horseress

AMAZING OT!
Good job AAK, couldn't expect less from you
And....I want to pick Alex avatar, but my current it's a classic, people know me here by the horse photo ^^

I'll think about it tho...

Dereck

hmm decisions, decisions. Tiger just looks so fly, I have to main him no matter how hard he is. The question is who my partner will be. I'm thinking Jun, Jinpachi, Lars, or Feng.
Any one of those people. Seriously if you can manage to main Tiger, kudos.

Vitacat

My apologies if this is already discussed, but are there any significant differences between the 360 and PS3 versions? I only have a 360, but am wondering if I'll be missing out on some Sony exclusives.

danmaku

My apologies if this is already discussed, but are there any significant differences between the 360 and PS3 versions? I only have a 360, but am wondering if I'll be missing out on some Sony exclusives.

Content is almost the same for both versions, the only difference being avatar costumes as a bonus for 360 preorders replaced by XMB theme for PS3 preorders. For a technical comparison, we'll have to wait the usual DF article.

Doomshine

Supposedly Tiger is meant to be easier to use, but ideally you should just pick a character you like. If you're willing to put in the time then you can play any of those characters.

EDIT:
I don't really agree, I think the chars you put on average are pretty on part in easiness with the easy ones. To me the only real difference is how hard Kazuya and Baek are.
I was considering putting only Feng in the easy category, but again this is my opinion from playing these characters.

Still remember playing Tekken Tag Tournament 1 with 4 players in the PS2 with the multitap, only reason I got the multitap at the time hehe.

Anybody know if GameStop has a promo code for free shipping? I'm trying to stall for as long as I can but I know that pre-order has to be done by tomorrow I think.

Nyx

You're asking you and someone else online on one team against the CPU? No.

Only 2 people on the same team offline.

Not against the CPU but against other players, essentially doing ranked or player matches together with a buddy in 1 team on 2 separate consoles.

But I guess this doesn't work, and that's a real bummer tbh.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Pretty hyped for TTT2! I have both the 360 and PS3 versions pre-ordered and just pre-ordered the guide from Amazon.

I also happen to be on vacation all next week and will likely be spending way too much time playing this. Add me on PS3 as "lyteedge" or on 360 as "lyte edge" if you want to play!

DSix

Banned
Anyone able to comment on the graphics on the PS3 version, particularly compared to Tekken 6?

Didn't play TTT2 yet, but I don't expect much better than T6, with again the choice between nasty aliasing or no motion blur.

Sayah

I thought you could play 4 players online :(

The online experience would be ruined if they did go for it. It's not like SFXTK or SSBB. Tekken gameplay has to process a lot more data. It would be a complete lag fest.

But.... me on my 360 and a buddy on his, can team up vs random others, right?

There is online practice mode. You can face off against the AI with your friend but you can't do ranked or player matches together unless the friend is sitting right next to you with a controller.

Ninjaholic

Neo Member
Great OT! Gamefly better send it out next week so I can use my coupon and member discount to get this for 40 or I will be a sad and mad panda.

I have to wait until October to buy this, but rest assured there's gonna be another Paul scrub on PS3 for ya'll to beat real soon!

Such a great OT. Hyped, lol at the title. Picking up Kazuya again, but no idea who to sub. Never really got into the first tekken tag. I remember playing the first tekken in arcades.
Wow, I feel old. Will probably try random characters until I'm comfortable with one and go from there. Maybe start with Jun first since she's back baby!

I wonder why US didnt get a steelbook case. Kind of disappointed about that. Hoping to find a gamestop doing a midnight release here in San Diego

Top Bottom