• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

GhaleonQ

That's a well-planned and feature-packed original post to match the game itself. Well done.

I did not think Namco had it in them. This is so consumer-friendly that even if the ecstatic previews and reviews don't match my experience, I will reward Yonemori and Harada for their next few games.

Pachimari

I have been playing this series since the first one but only now is this going to be serious business to me, bring on the dojo! I'm still hoping for Shin Kamiya but I'm excited for the never-before-playable characters being introduced alone.

Is this Hori Officially Licensed Real Arcade Pro V3 SA still viable for Tekken Tag 2? I'm still contemplating it.

oj9bN.png

I know a pad is just great for Tekken but I feel I might have it easier at movement and timing by holding a stick.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I agree with your opinion on this, but that doesn't stop this post from being corny as hell.

This is approaching "backtracing" territory.

Heat of the moment. Don't mind it.

Just read it again, god that was corny as fuck. Ugh.

Skilletor

I have been playing this series since the first one but only now is this going to be serious business to me, bring on the dojo! I'm still hoping for Shin Kamiya but I'm excited for the never-before-playable characters being introduced alone.

Is this Hori Officially Licensed Real Arcade Pro V3 SA still viable for Tekken Tag 2? I'm still contemplating it.

oj9bN.png

I know a pad is just great for Tekken but I feel I might have it easier at movement and timing by holding a stick.

That's a great stick.

zlatko

Banned
Forest got some awesome cancelling going on.

So can he make himself safe a lot doing so, or is it more of a he can create mix ups and guessing games off the cancels? Sounds awesome either way.

Also, on the front page I see the feature for playing your own music off the HDD, is this for both PS3 and 360, or just PS3?

Skilletor

So can he make himself safe a lot doing so, or is it more of a he can create mix ups and guessing games off the cancels? Sounds awesome either way.

Also, on the front page I see the feature for playing your own music off the HDD, is this for both PS3 and 360, or just PS3?

It's feints rather than cancels, so it would be the latter (creating guessing games). But he also has stance cancels that would do the former.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gig7MBg-jjY&list=UUbu2SsF-Or3Rsn3NxqODImw&index=10&feature=plcp

oj9bN.png

Sticks should be viable for any fighter lol. Yeah that hori is a really good one. It will take sometime to get used to so don't feel discouraged if you have trouble at first.

mephie

Neo Member

He has a bunch of feints that allow for great mind games but are very unsafe. If you get hit while doing one, it counts as a counter hit.

Tansut

Markman says both versions are good. I dont think we will be getting the big ass resolution, graphics analysis till Digital Foundry. Loading times are fast on 360 however for ps3, you need to install 7.5 gb to get similar fast speeds

Arcade version was estenially being run on a beefed up ps3.
So the install is optional, then? My 60GB hard drive is full to burst and this is a legitimate factor in whether or not I get the PS3 version.

AAK

Thank you Pupi and thank you Unlucky Kate, fixed the Spanish and French. Also, added an Arcade section as per MarkMan's request.
Added the Hori stick there as well to remain impartial, hope you don't mind.

MMaRsu

I think Ill be there on Ps3..not sure if day one

Been looking for a new fighter to get into, and playing TTT and T5 with friends lately has gotten me into Tekken again.

Always been a fan but T6 was so goddamn bad online. I hope this is really the turn around.. Free DLC and everything this game deserves to be bought, fuck those pirates!

Pachimari

Still unsure if I'll rock Team CHANEL or if I'll rock Team Chang.

Whose CHANEL? Anyway, go for CHANG. ;)

Anyone else than the Williams sisters is fine. I can't stand the Williams sisters. =p

EDIT:
Hmm.. what's the difference between the dedicated Hori TTT2 Arcade Stick and the Hori Pro V3?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Thank you Pupi and thank you Unlucky Kate, fixed the Spanish and French. Also, added an Arcade section as per MarkMan's request.
Added the Hori stick there as well to remain impartial, hope you don't mind.

You are welcome! :)

EDIT: You forgot to edit muchacho! XD

CSX

Thanks for this. I'll go the BB route it seems. Watch a video of Forest Law too and he seems just like the other Law in fight style.

Is RIP's team going to be Law/Law, or just 1 mega law?

He believes that Forrest is weaker than Marshall Law so he will probably stick to his Law/paul as his main team.

Theres another vid where he beat Knee five in a row. So good. I prefer Team Ao though :)

Seik

Banned
I'm waiting for the WiiU to buy this one! :D

Dat massive roster...

I wonder if they'll release a WiiU fightstick with the game, cauz I'd buy it!

8byte

Banned
Man, my hype for this is through the roof. I hope I can get back into the groove and actually be relatively decent. I got T6, but the local scene here is just awful, so I was basically playing by myself and online. TTT2 looks to have significantly better online infrastructure, which gives me great confidence that I'll be able to play a lot more and enjoy it.

All the tutorials are great. I picked up T6 for cheap early this year but only to get familiar with the characters. This will be the first Tekken I really get into. Crossing my fingers for netcode as good as SCV.

GrayFoxPL

Was just saying because guy from tekken zaibatsu said he definitely waits for release date before going online.

I never had the luck to get early copy. :(

Ive never owned a tekken title, but i will buy tt2 because i admire harada's respect for gamers. We have to support people like that. Fuck u capcom

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
How does True Ogre compare in this compared to TTT1? He seems better overall from videos but at the same time videos don't always show the quirks.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The only thing i ever disliked about tekken was not being able to play steve/kaz at the same time. Now i am a happy man.

Top Bottom