• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

zlatko

Banned
I believe that one was taken already.

Edit: Yeah, right here.

I hope he's okay. He's been flying around the world waaaaaaaay too much.

Fuck, No biggy. Luckily I like this one too and I don't see it used:

ibkmLAGJ7M9Mhn.png

TheUnsane1

Neo Member
I need this game asap.
Thinking my team is going to be some combo of Bryan Lars Drago. King and A.King. May have to make the drive to north Jersey or NYC tonight if the urrley starts showing up.

Haven't touched Tekken in a long time but I've been loving the look of this game. Unfortunately I won't be able to afford it on launch. Any idea if the pre-order bonuses will be made available at some point? Want that ridiculous snoop level thing.

Edit: just had a better look at the OP, awesome that the bonuses will later be free DLC. Harada, what a dude!

KingJ2002

Great OP!

im buying this game just because it's the perfect representation of how fighting fans should be treated. Nickeled and dimed for things already on the disc isn't the way to win over gamers.

I hope Capcom learns from this with their next fighting game.

Doomshine

Haven't touched Tekken in a long time but I've been loving the look of this game. Unfortunately I won't be able to afford it on launch. Any idea if the pre-order bonuses will be made available at some point? Want that ridiculous snoop level thing.

Edit: just had a better look at the OP, awesome that the bonuses will later be free DLC. Harada, what a dude!

Pretty sure they all are being released for free later, stages and characters definitely.

Doomshine

There's always going to be a number of people pirating any game no matter what. I just hope they don't do the stupid thing and look at it like "oh, we've lost X amount of sales". Not all of these people would've bought it anyway.

Tizoc

How do you do Tiger's taunt dances in this game?
EDIT: What I mean is; what's the command for them?

Spoiler: Steve Fox's ending. (and more in the channel)

Edit: Blah channel owner wants this stuff low so quote this post to see it.

What a weird character connection to make in a non canon game.

This is nonsense too.

ib1CIm2EvkWPc0.png

Are you doubting my native Spanish? :(

Admittedly, it was a weird quote to translate, and I tried to keep it as close as possible while trying to make it sound like something someone might actually say.

Original quote: "What are you gaping at? This is a one of a kind package here young man. Make it worthwhile. "

Some of it doesn't translate that well to Spanish, though. "One of a kind" is hard to translate properly.

"Young man" could have been translated to "hombre joven," but no one would say that, as it's more of a description than anything, which is why I used "muchacho," which also means "young man," but is actually used when talking to another person.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Are you doubting my native Spanish? :(

Admittedly, it was a weird quote to translate, and I tried to keep it as close as possible while trying to make it sound like something someone might actually say.

Original quote: "What are you gaping at? This is a one of a kind package here young man. Make it worthwhile. "

Some of it doesn't translate that well to Spanish, though. "One of a kind" is hard to translate properly.

¿Estas boquiabierto? Esto es un paquete unico (Or you can use fuera de serie since it also works) muchacho. Haz que valga la pena.

Great Original Post AAK! After your comments in the Community Thread I had thought that it was just going to be a banner and release date and you'd return later and fill everything in when you were able to but it's absolutely excellent! Thanks for the great work.

And I've just placed my order. €55 including shipping. Expensive (and without the Kunimitsu/Ogre pack) compared to other games, but oh well, completely worth it! I've also added my name to the spreadsheet if that's ok but I'm not very good at Tekken games.

¿Estas boquiabierto? Esto es un paquete unico (Or you can use fuera de serie since it also works) muchacho. Haz que valga la pena.

Well, I guess you're right about the "valga" part, didn't really think about that part too much. I concentrated too much on the middle part. I also thought the "Que estas" seemed weird, but again...I didn't pay it too much attention. Hah.

But, hey! 7 pages until anyone noticed! Woo!

Chavelo

Just because it's a fighting game or it has free DLC or it saved your life (okay, that's prolly too much), people will still pirate your game. Those are called PIRATES. But guess what? There happens to be a group of people that aren't dicks. Those are called CUSTOMERS.

You need to cater to us, the CUSTOMERS. Stop bitching about pirates, cause there is no way in hell you're going to change their minds. Even if you didn't have the cool pre-orders or DLC or whatever, we will still buy your games.

Seriously, the developer tweets or cute pics of dudes saying they'll kick you asses won't do shit. We love your work and like to play online, which is a feature not most pirates get to use.

This is coming from a PC gamer, btw. We have seen the ugly side of video game companies trying to deal with pirates. :(

zlatko

Banned
Ok so pre ordering today, and I'm between Gamestop and Best Buy.

Both have similar trade in offers going on, but I'm not sure which will get me the most bank for my buck. I'm trading in AE and UMvC3. AE on BB's site is worth 8, and UMVC3 goes for 7, but their deal gives you an extra 100%, so double each is what I'll get.

Gamestop I'm not sure how much each game is worth, but they have an extra 50% trade in on all games, and another 30% if it's towards pre order of TTT2. I wish Gstop would list what a game was worth online on their site. :/

Perro

Haven't played Tekken since TTT, I hated 4 and quit but this seems nice.
No Dr B is is bullshit but I'll probably main Baek Yoshi Kuni and Miguel(cuz he's the only character from T4-T6 era i like).

I can understand people who pirate games, but come on give Namco a break, they've built one of the most feature complete games ever. Pirating this is even worse than tradition pirating ( I don't give a shit about COD beeing pirated).

Nemesis_

I don't see any reason why you would think this wasn't worth the money to be quite honest.

But I also don't see why FREE DLC would also be a deterrent =P

DR2K

Banned
Ok so pre ordering today, and I'm between Gamestop and Best Buy.

Both have similar trade in offers going on, but I'm not sure which will get me the most bank for my buck. I'm trading in AE and UMvC3. AE on BB's site is worth 8, and UMVC3 goes for 7, but their deal gives you an extra 100%, so double each is what I'll get.

Gamestop I'm not sure how much each game is worth, but they have an extra 50% trade in on all games, and another 30% if it's towards pre order of TTT2. I wish Gstop would list what a game was worth online on their site. :/

Check cheapassgamer.com and it'll have the most recent updated trade in value. Always best to call and ask GS. The full DLC is available at Gamestop and Bestbuy is missing 2 characters(shitty on Namcos part).

The 50% bonus overrided the 30%, they don't stack.

Onemic

In my experience most people who pirate games are either kids, people with no money(usually kids), or people who had no intention of buying your game even if it was impossible to pirate. There are few people out there that willingly pirate and would have bought it if they had no way to get it for free. People should just realize that piracy is never going away, and just aim to make your customers happy, that way those people who do pirate will maybe look at themselves and actually save the money to invest in their product.

I also didn't know that you could pirate games on consoles, at least for the PS3. I thought the days of easy access pirating during the PS2 era and before were over?

zlatko

Banned
Check cheapassgamer.com and it'll have the most recent updated trade in value. Always best to call and ask GS. The full DLC is available at Gamestop and Bestbuy is missing 2 characters(shitty on Namcos part).

The 50% bonus overrided the 30%, they don't stack.

OH they don't add up? Well that sucks.

Which 2 are missing at BB? I don't think I'll be playing any of the DLC ones.

On the topic of characters as well, who is this other Law character on the front page? My Tekken knowledge is not up there. Does he have a totally different play style than Law from T6?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Ridiculous.

If I see anyone talking/bragging this nonsense on the net I'll be taking screenshots, getting their info and forwarding it to the respective people.

I agree with your opinion on this, but that doesn't stop this post from being corny as hell.

This is approaching "backtracing" territory.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Stop asking retailers to sit on copies of unsold games so people can just go out and buy it. I wouldn't be surprised if some pirates were just pirating it now with the intention to buy it when it releases.

It would be nice if games came out on Fridays instead of Tuesdays.

But that has nothing to do with piracy. People pirate games just because they can.

DR2K

Banned
OH they don't add up? Well that sucks.

Which 2 are missing at BB? I don't think I'll be playing any of the DLC ones.

On the topic of characters as well, who is this other Law character on the front page? My Tekken knowledge is not up there. Does he have a totally different play style than Law from T6?

Michelle and Angel are available. So Ogre and Kunimitsu are missing.

http://tekken.com/preorder

Top Bottom