• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Esura

Banned
I love the transition from Heavenly Garden's theme to Fallen Garden's during Jun's transformation. Was like, shit just got real and all that.

A lot of dubstep in this game, which is niiiiice.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Been grinding it out offline in ghost battle. I'm damn near close to winning my 400th match (9 losses) and the promotion matches are taking forever to show up. :lol

That aside I had 23+ mil so I just bought random shit for my main team. Started playing that Fighting Lab as well, so much fun!

Tobe

holy shit im ass at the game, tho the game is great i saw a few hiccups in the 360 version. As of now im just practicing EWGF over and over again, i want to see that pretty little lightning every time.

Onemic

holy shit im ass at the game, tho the game is great i saw a few hiccups in the 360 version. As of now im just practicing EWGF over and over again, i want to see that pretty little lightning every time.

Kazuya really just seems like a better more offensive oriented version of Jin. But I hear you pretty much have to know how to wavedash to use him as a character, otherwise I'd be using one of the mishimas by now. Is Jin like Kazuya in easy mode? I hear he also has wavedashing, but it's not central to his game.

Is that the robe one?

I have her whole school costume :D

Still trying to get the third panel for her.

Yeah its the robe like one.

Finally took the time to watch Tekken Take Tokyo, good stuff.

Holy shit at the unreleased stage themes, too fucking good.

Is Asuka's extra costume from T5 in here anywhere?

Hiccups for 5-10s every time an achievement is unlocked :\

Unfortunately no. I hope they will eventually release some DLC cusomtization packs with old outfit parts.

Sayah

so ranked matches have that annoying swamp stage . . . guess i won't be playing ranked too much

Annoying? Fallen Garden? That stage is sooooo good. The only bad thing about it is that it reminds me of the poison swamp from Demon's Souls. It's not good to be reminded of the poison swamp in Demon's Souls.

LowParry

Jinpachi + Angel is turning out to be a pretty amazing team.

I was playing around with Jinpachi a little bit today. He's got good stuff. Though I'm working with Forest/Jun right now. Forest does go good with Kuni as well.

Probably look more over Jinpachi tomorrow though I'm focused on that ghost battle mania. Need my Xiaoyu school outfit.

Sayah

I was playing around with Jinpachi a little bit today. He's got good stuff. Though I'm working with Forest/Jun right now. Forest does go good with Kuni as well.

Probably look more over Jinpachi tomorrow though I'm focused on that ghost battle mania. Need my Xiaoyu school outfit.

I tried Kunimitsu today. She's got so many options. She's my next character to focus on after I get Angel and Jinpachi down.

And yeah, Jinpachi can pull off amazing things. He's not at all like the other Mishima's. Probably why I ended up picking him.

So is there a trick to unlocking new clothes for a certain character
Seems to be completely random. I only use Paul and Bruce in Ghost mode and have only unlocked Paul's biker top. Meanwhile, I have a shit ton of other character's outfits. Hell, I have 3 full costumes for Alex alone.

Ferrio

Banned
Played with Leo tonight trying to get a feel for her combos, and trying my hardest to work a TA combo in with kuni. I couldn't really come up with much, least nothing amazing. Best I got was a 91 damage combo that goes from leo into kuni who ends it with her F+4, 4

Got some pretty solid combos for Anna but my Kunimitsu is lacking big time. Kuni has other advantages sure but it'd be nice to know a reliable BnB that does 70+ dmg.

Sick to death of unlocking the stupid items. Seriously there are more guns than Call of Duty. Give me new clothes and stuff.

Nori Chan

Costumes cost do much in this game

It doesn't help that you only buy that one outfit for one person and you have to buy it for another character. That part sucks.

pants

It doesn't help that you only buy that one outfit for one person and you have to buy it for another character. That part sucks.

Havent looked much into the DLC yet, but I plan on picking this up soon. Is there perhaps a season pass like thing to get all future DLC? I notice $50 Elite in the thread title but not sure what it refers to.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Havent looked much into the DLC yet, but I plan on picking this up soon. Is there perhaps a season pass like thing to get all future DLC? I notice $50 Elite in the thread title but not sure what it refers to.

The only known dlc that cost anything is the future music dlc, everything else will be free supposedly

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

I'd recommend doing ghost fight if you're low on cash. Sooner or later you'll hit a chain of lucky boxes that will bring in some good money.

Nyx

Found a ‘shipped’ email in my inbox, was happy, then noticed the del.date is set for Saturday, then I cried as the package is on it’s way to my office, not my house.

/wrists

zlatko

Banned
Tomorrow I swear is the night I'll actually learn some combos for my Steve Fox and whoever I opt for his partner.

Steve/Paul
Steve/Lars
Steve/Kazuya
Steve/Bob
Steve/Armor King
Steve/Jun

Blah too many other characters I like. I wish Slim Bob was already out, then I could just do Steve F and S. Bob combo.

I just received it yesterday and I have to say it has exceeded my expectations. The movement (although perhaps it's just my imagination) feels smoother, perhaps faster, than in Tekken 6. The huge amount of options, although good on paper, are even better when experienced in the game. There is just so much to do and even though I've went immediately to practice mode, I was almost overwhelmed with the amount of options that could be picked. The graphics surprisingly are not something I am bothered with and to me, they actually look very good. Now perhaps, as I've said, it's just because I've been in practice mode an thus haven't seen the lower resolution visuals that occur when there is a lot of content on screen but what I have seen, although certainly not the best graphics in the industry, is more than enough to support the gameplay. The only problem of note, not even much of a problem at all, is the tiny amount of loading that occurs while the main menu background loads but I don't exactly intend to spend much time there anyway.

I had asked beforehand what character people would advise using and although I did intend to use Anna as a user suggested I've spent all my time learning Jinpachi and I think I have memorised the move set (or at least, I had last night, I'll probably have forgotten when I play it tonight :p) and I love his u/f X+O stance (sorry, don't have the 1,2,3,4 notations memorised) and the d/f X, B bound move. Does anybody know yet if he has any tag partners that have special tag combos?

Oh and one more thing, my retailer sent me the wrong code and I got the Kunimitsu and Ancient Ogre pack instead of the Michelle and Angel pack so if possible I advise everyone to input the code on your phone in the shop (via the Sony Account Management page or the Xbox.com Redeem Code page) and then, if the characters supplied are different to advertised, to try and see if they have any codes for the proper pack (so you can get them all).

"Slim" Bob is quite a lot of man, he's so tall and muscular. I have a hard time believing that he needed to get fat to deal with larger opponents.

Anyway, is there a list of all the special tag teams yet? (Intros, win poses, team throws, etc.)

Jucksalbe

Banned
Played for a little bit, once through Arcade Mode and one online game. So far I really like it. I'm not very good at it, though. The final boss took me about 20 tries (with some "perfect" losses in there).
Online was very smooth, no complaints there.
And the customization menu is great.

Is the bonus content in the We Are Tekken edition worth it?

I might pick up my pre-order in 3 hours.

The art book is nice (255 pages), the steel book not so much. The soundtrack CD has 61 tracks. Haven't watched the "Behind the Scenes" DVD yet.

Vodh

Just picked up the game at my local HMV and finished my first run through Arcade Mode on Normal. Holy shit, it's sooo good :D Already love it. The last fight took me 20 tries wit different teams, in the end the victory goes to solo Asuka <3

Also, surprisingly, even tho it took many tries, it didn't feel as frustrating as the last boss of T6.

Overall, the movement feels just right, the animations are perfect, and for the first time since Tekken 3 I've got a Tekken that I'm absolutely in love with from the very first sight (didn't play TAG1 tho, the whole PS2 generation kinda skipped me).

hertog

Still doubting about this game. Haven't played Tekken since part 3 and I've only started playing fighting games seriously since SSF4.

I'm just afraid it'll be quite some time before I can play Tekken competitively online.

Unknown has never won a round against me. Either I must suck less than I thought, or some of ya'll are especially sucky. :p

Come to think of it, Jinpachi never gave me trouble either. Azazel was always a bitch though, even on the easiest setting.

I don't know how anyone could stick to 1 or 2 teams. There are too many good characters. ;_;

Top Bottom