• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Just finished up the full 1000 for the game and I still can't stop playing. Going to try to learn Raven and Bob to go with my King and Armor King.

In other news, WWE.com has a feature up right here of Tekken fighters teaming up with WWE stars and...

Kaitlyn_366X362.jpg
CM_Punk_366X362.jpg
Brodus_Clay_366X362.jpg

WHY ISN'T THIS REALITY

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
So I got the game today and I love it, graphics have had a major overhaul
and lei has reach the point that might aswell just rename him Jackie Chan, he is truly fantastic

Shouta

Got my game today. Messed around in training mode because it's been ages since I've played it and I forgot the commands, plus I was doing VF5 stuff. Haven't really decided who I'm going to play but I am partial to Kuma and Law after SFxT but I was thinking Jaycee and Leo as well. Could always fall back on Asuka but eh. Save that for later.

Wow, I suck. Even on Easy I only have managed to beat arcade mode with Lilith at the end. I need oodles of practice.

A little worried by the smoothness of the game - it doesn't feel like a solid 60fps.

Also been playing in 3D which introduces some serious slowdown on some stages, but looks great - it really helps actually somehow, seeing the depth and how the characters will hit/miss each other with their movements. Some of the stages look amazing, like the Spanish flamenco bar, I was turning the fight all the time so I could keep looking at those dancers ...

Finally won my first player mash against a mashing Christie/Tiger player (okay I was mashing back)

only 1/15

PROGRESS BABY!

Anyone here play Steve though?

What do chicken points mean?

Finally unlocked Asuka's yukata and all of Angel's angel armor. Now I can set ghost battle to 3 rounds. Guys tomorrow I think I'll be ready again for some online matches. I'm actually doing good tag asssualt combos now and have memorized Jun and Angel's movelists.

Oh and I hope the WiiU version gets some Fire Emblem outfits and Rosalinafrom Mario too <3

Onemic

I finally settled on Eddy as my starting character. Now I just need to find a partner. Thinking Raven, Jin, or Lars. What type of characters are they and which goes better with Eddy?

Sayah

The online in this game is so heavenly. Going from T6 to this is just pure bliss.

I finally settled on Eddy as my starting character. Now I just need to find a partner. Thinking Raven, Jin, or Lars. What type of characters are they and which goes better with Eddy?

You can always use Christie/Tiger until you find the appropriate character.

Uthred

Little disappointed by the customisation options. If its to preserve online why not do what the did with Tekken Tunes or the stage background characters, i.e. let you turn it off for online. Anyhow, its a fairly minor issue I suppose. Just unlocked Angel's ending, any word if Devil is going to be playable at some point? Love the new "Zoa Lord" look.

Mine just got here. Was disappointed to see that the postman left without leaving anything at the door, but it turns out he stuffed it in the mailbox. Luckily I went out to check. Got the We Are Tekken edition and pumping the soundtrack right now.

K.Sabot

The way I know this game won't last very long is how there are no new people playing this. All of my matches have been against pretty good people.

8byte

Banned
The way I know this game won't last very long is how there are no new people playing this. All of my matches have been against pretty good people.

Ehhhhh...I don't know if that's true. The Community will still be just as strong as it ever was, considering this is the best Tekken to release this generation.

DEATH™

Guys, do you experience slowdown when selecting costumes on character select? I think it's a bit unnatural... BTW it's a PS3...

EDIT: can some mod give me a tag??? :p

8byte

Banned
Strong community =/= big, varied community.

Since when has a community of "varied" players who aren't interested in serious competitive play sustained a fighter online or offline? They move on within 60 days to whatever they can find. The community for almost every fighter is sustained by people interested in competitive play.

...fighting games != CoD.

Sort of off topic but as a "casual" Tekken and Street Fighter player will DOA5 be worth picking up? As i'm not any good with fighters and just play casually for fun I feel having SF4:AE and TTT2 is enough but my need to get all the new games makes me want it.

I guess a better question is, from peoples experiences with the previous iterations how much is there to do outside of online and what is the learning curve like?

Thanks

CSX

had my first mirror match on ranked.

What are the chances? Too bad the guy's level was "first time playing tekken" :(

Sayah

Is Hwoarang or Baek a hard character to use?

Hwoarang will take a lot of time to learn. He has so many stances. Not sure about Baek.

DEATH™;42106152 said:
Guys, do you experience slowdown when selecting costumes on character select? I think it's a bit unnatural... BTW it's a PS3...

Yeah, there is a delay for about 2-3 seconds. It's only when you are using customized characters. If you use their original costumes, that won't happen.

lolno.

Eiji

DEATH™;42106152 said:

No slowdown on 360.

Sayah

i've got no combos and have no idea what i'm doing

anyone that also has no idea what they're doing want to play for a bit?

I'm no Tekken master but if you or anyone else here ever needs any help figuring this game out, just send a FR to me and invite. There is an online practice mode in this game and I don't mind helping people get better. :)

Sojgat

I was getting weird slowdown/hitches in the middle of long combos on 360. I reinstalled the game and it stopped happening. Anybody else come across this?

DRE Fei

This game is amazing. I don't know all the punishable moves, but everything feels really smooth and responsive online as long as you stick to 4 or 5 bar matches. I'm not getting any input delay like I did with T6 online.

The only problem I can understand people having with this game is the huge roster. There are just so many match-ups to learn. Really fun game though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The one thing I've always hated about tekken though was that until you know the knock down stun for every fucking character's attacks getting up is a pain in the ass. I always back roll cause I pressed up too early and it didnt count -.-

Sayah

Ughhhh why is my copy of TTT2 taking forever to get here. I really don't want to wait til Monday to get it. :(

Anyways BGM of the unrevealed 4 stages has been uploaded.

http://soundcloud.com/user2517945

They were apparently in the OST Disc that came in the 'We are Tekken' editions. Huh.

Just heard through all of them. I don't even know what to say about this games OST anymore. You'd think there's a limit to the amount of praise you can give to something but for this OST and this game, it's just never ending.

Your Sunset/Customization theme is my new addiction.

Top Bottom