• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, so I'm having a ton of trouble dashing during combos. For example, Michelle's f,F+3 > d+1+2. You have to dash between the first hit and the second, but I can never pull it off and still do the second move. Either I don't dash and do the move, or I dash and the move doesn't come out. Help please?

Bleep

Okay, so I'm having a ton of trouble dashing during combos. For example, Michelle's f,F+3 > d+1+2. You have to dash between the first hit and the second, but I can never pull it off and still do the second move. Either I don't dash and do the move, or I dash and the move doesn't come out. Help please?

You need to immediately cancel the dash with d+1+2, so make sure you input f,f,d+1+2 in quick succession. There is no secret to it, you will just have to figure out the timing with some playing around. WR+1, dash, d+1+2 is much more lenient in its timing if you want to get used to doing it with that first, the distance is different though so the cancel into attack is later. If you continue to have trouble, Jaycee can follow up f,f+3 with f+2+3 and requires no dashing.

Shinriji

I was waiting for a sale, but I couldn't resist any longer. It's Tekken, LOL.

And the special edition with DAT ASS cover.

God, I love living in Brazil.

Horseress

Hey! I'm from Brazil too, Porto Alegre to be more specific, did you bought it from Saraiva? Did you got yours today? Where do you live?

Lumine

I think I might settle on Heihachi / Leo as my first team...

...but for the love of god I cannot pull off EWGF. I always seem to hit 2 (triangle) too late and do a normal non-electric fist. Anyone have some tips for me? I'm playing on a ps3 pad.

Seijuro

Tried to register on the World Tekken Federation site and it constantly gives me an error message saying I am required to fill out all the fields, even the "-field" - field. triple-checked, no bar is empty and of course there's no "field"-field.
(translated from german, because from here the site is showing a mess of german and english...)

bumpkin

Tried to register on the World Tekken Federation site and it constantly gives me an error message saying I am required to fill out all the fields, even the "-field" - field. triple-checked, no bar is empty and of course there's no "field"-field.
(translated from german, because from here the site is showing a mess of german and english...)
I'm wondering almost the same thing. I got through registration fine (didn't work in Chrome, had to use Internet Explorer), but all of the areas like Player Card, Team and so on all say "Coming Soon." Moreover, there's no field in the profile to specify a PSN or XBLA gamertag; how are they planning to "sync up" with my game progress?

TheUnsane1

Neo Member
Man I can't get A on some of these Fight Lab stuff for the life of me. :(
You can s the stage 4 one super easy. Dash forward sidestep left use the default forward and 2 combot launch>(one of asuka's moves) as bob nearly hits the ground forward and 2 repeat to death. The bears both eat forward and 2 to start easy and die to same tech. You'll get an s if you don't get hit from my exp.

y2dvd

Played 2v2 with some friends last night and that mode was a lot of fun. I got some solid midscreen combos with my Dragonuv/Bryan but I'm still trying to figure out some good wall combos.

What is up with Anna's tentacle costume gawd damn?!

Pachimari

Maybe someone can make a cover with this art, with the back and side as well, so us Europeans and North Americans can sport it as well? Anyone up for it?

Esura

Banned
You can s the stage 4 one super easy. Dash forward sidestep left use the default forward and 2 combot launch>(one of asuka's moves) as bob nearly hits the ground forward and 2 repeat to death. The bears both eat forward and 2 to start easy and die to same tech. You'll get an s if you don't get hit from my exp.

Ah...gotcha. Thanks. :)

Seijuro

I'm wondering almost the same thing. I got through registration fine (didn't work in Chrome, had to use Internet Explorer), but all of the areas like Player Card, Team and so on all say "Coming Soon." Moreover, there's no field in the profile to specify a PSN or XBLA gamertag; how are they planning to "sync up" with my game progress?

I tried Internet Explorer now myself (was using Chrome before), still getting the same error. Well, maybe I'll try again in a few days time.

EDIT: nevermind, registration did work just now. So now I'm also waiting for Namco to put up the rest of the site and very curious how they will sync 360 and PS3 players.

zlatko

Banned
The bandit mask you can get for Steve Fox is super bad ass.

My steve looks so fly now after a lot of tinkering around with outfits I bought him. I have about 7 sections of Math I needed to do last night and instead I spent the whole time playing TTT2.

Game over man. ; ;

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
What exactly is in need of balancing ? Or are you just asking in general if somewhere down the line something broken ass is found out about a character?

In general. I know they can update arcade cabs as well so im just curious if at some point they might decide to change things.

AAK

Damn Poland is small, that's like T6 size of stages :(

But awesome stages regardless. LOL @ Saudi Arabia. Those rich Saudis.

But damn, all that port forwarding stuff I did earlier and now i can't even find any more matches in ranked... sigh, it's taking like 15 minutes. I guess I'll try the other thing a bunch of websites are saying which is to adjust the MTU settings.

zlatko

Banned
So I had no clue that the items you equip are capable of actually being used to inflict damage...

Just watched a Steve Fox go full screen pull out his handgun and fire shots for damage against his opponent.

McNum

Yay! Got the EU release.

So... many... characters... How am I even supposed to pick?

I'm just wondering, I know I was supposed to have gotten all the characters with my pre-order here, at least my local Gamestop thought so, to the point where the clerks were looking forward to it themselves, but I'm not seeing Michelle or Angel in the roster. So... I guess I'm waiting for that. Pity, I wanted to try out Angel. Ah, well, it's not like I'm hurting for character choices here. When do the DLC character unlock for everyone?

On the other hand, I got the PSN version of Tekken 1 as a freebie with the pre-order code. Um, I don't think I've seen that offered anywhere before. Not complaining about a free game, mind you.

My Ling Xiayou play is so rusty that, frankly, i don't think I'm much better with her than any other character now. Going to give her a try, of course, but, yeah... I think I'd want a poke character. I like pokers. Mid range pokers are fun. Not sure who to go for there. I liked Jun in the original TTT, so maybe I'll try her out.

Also, the Combot stage where ou can only do damage with counterhits is hard. Getting a Time Over during combot's finishing move is just cruel on Namco's part.

Esura

Banned
Yay! Got the EU release.

So... many... characters... How am I even supposed to pick?

I'm just wondering, I know I was supposed to have gotten all the characters with my pre-order here, at least my local Gamestop thought so, to the point where the clerks were looking forward to it themselves, but I'm not seeing Michelle or Angel in the roster. So... I guess I'm waiting for that. Pity, I wanted to try out Angel. Ah, well, it's not like I'm hurting for character choices here. When do the DLC character unlock for everyone?

On the other hand, I got the PSN version of Tekken 1 as a freebie with the pre-order code. Um, I don't think I've seen that offered anywhere before. Not complaining about a free game, mind you.

My Ling Xiayou play is so rusty that, frankly, i don't think I'm much better with her than any other character now. Going to give her a try, of course, but, yeah... I think I'd want a poke character. I like pokers. Mid range pokers are fun. Not sure who to go for there. I liked Jun in the original TTT, so maybe I'll try her out.

Also, the Combot stage where ou can only do damage with counterhits is hard. Getting a Time Over during combot's finishing move is just cruel on Namco's part.

Its on your Gamestop receipt, on the lower portion. Usually the employees would highlight that part for you. Hopefully you didn't throw it away or you might be sol.

And you got Tekken 1 for free?

zoukka

What are the exact facts about multiple profiles/players locally? Do button setups/clothes save for mutliple players and can something be transferred via online?

Also played it today and this game has a freakin Finland level lolololololol

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So I was doing ranked looking for people around 3rd dan like myself, and out of nowhere a Mentor level Zafina and kyuu level Kuni pop up. I was like "oh damn!". It was a really good match and I pulled out the win. Feels good. :)

STG

This is probably the hardest fighting game I have ever played.
I stopped playing tekken after tekken 3 and I have huge problems to do anything in this game.

Also for a company that somehow owns patents for training modes (I have heard) the training mode is actually not that good. I am constantly switching between the move list and the demo play to see if I actually made the move that I am supposed to do, why no command training like in VF?

Also I wished anyone would be playing this, ranked is absolutely no one playing (looks like he only searches in my region) and in player matches everything is 1 bar connection, probably only people from the US.

guess I have to stick to fighting ghosts

notworksafe

This is probably the hardest fighting game I have ever played.
I stopped playing tekken after tekken 3 and I have huge problems to do anything in this game.

Also for a company that somehow owns patents for training modes (I have heard) the training mode is actually not that good. I am constantly switching between the move list and the demo play to see if I actually made the move that I am supposed to do, why no command training like in VF?

Also I wished anyone would be playing this, ranked is absolutely no one playing (looks like he only searches in my region) and in player matches everything is 1 bar connection, probably only people from the US.

guess I have to stick to fighting ghosts

Sega is the one who has patents on certain elements of the VF4 training mode. Also if you go into the command list and then hit Triangle/Y it will display the command on the bottom on the screen. From this, Select+Triangle/Y will demo the move and Select+R1/RB will go to the next move.

Top Bottom