• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

STG

Sega is the one who has patents on certain elements of the VF4 training mode. Also if you go into the command list and then hit Triangle/Y it will display the command on the bottom on the screen

yeah I know that, but I have no visual feedback that the move was actually executed right

I'm getting a save error! D:

It says "could not load the downloadable content data used in this save data".

I have two pieces of DLC for the game - the online pass and ShopTo's pre-order bonus. All I did today was hook up the console to the net to download the patch. :(

I've already re-downloaded my DLC and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the patch. I don't want to delete my save data. I S-Ranked the entire of Fight Lab yesterday, unlocked everything for Combot and earned 16 million Tekken-bucks.

Nori Chan

I remember someone was asking if Xiayou had her school uniform.

Well I think there might be two. I unlocked the top for her which is blue with this big ribbon on her chest and I also unlocked a panel that shows her CG with a white dress shirt and a red and white tie. Maybe one of those is what you're looking for :p

zlatko

Banned
yeah I know that, but I have no visual feedback that the move was actually executed right

Sure you do. Turn on command inputs. Watch what the demo play does, see the number of hits and see the total damage it does, then you do it yourself. If you see the same animations, # of hits, and damage, then you did it right. :/

zlatko

Banned
and that is what I was writing

I am constantly switching between normal mode and demo play, constantly, and for 100+ moves per character it's getting pretty annoying

Isn't there a command input that lets you switch to the next move so you don't have to pause, go to menu, pick next move, do it, etc.

I think it's like select + right/left bumper on 360 controller after you turn on the the move to be displayed on screen.

I really hate that in Ghost Battle, you have to fight a few rounds if you want to mash on some easy dudes. I'm too far up in the offline ranking to play against the easy AI.

Man, I hate doing this again, but after seeing Kuni being played, I have to: anyone have any extra character codes? I'm impatient, yeah, but I get weird when I don't get to play as the whole cast.

notworksafe

Isn't there a command input that lets you switch to the next move so you don't have to pause, go to menu, pick next move, do it, etc.

I think it's like select + right/left bumper on 360 controller after you turn on the the move to be displayed on screen.

Select+R1/RB

STG

Sure you do. Turn on command inputs. Watch what the demo play does, see the number of hits and see the total damage it does, then you do it yourself. If you see the same animations, # of hits, and damage, then you did it right. :/

yes, but why not a simple "Success" popup or something like that

maybe I am just too picky about that, but it is not fun at all to do training in this game.

another question, how do you get safely up after a knockdown? no matter what I do the cpu always can punish me

zlatko

Banned

maybe I am just too picky about that, but it is not fun at all to do training in this game.

another question, how do you get safely up after a knockdown? no matter what I do the cpu always can punish me

Different wake ups can be punished by different things.

I tend to hit X on my 360 controller for my go to get up option since it is the quickest. I think a menu tip also mentioned if you tap up or down when your back hits the ground you get up right away.

notworksafe

Maybe it is just me but I prefer the open-ended training mode with an option to view the demo of a move than the SF-style mission modes. :\

Against CPU I often ground roll with 1 and then get up. The CPU isn't very good at dealing with that, at least on Normal. Against people you have to be more cautious as you can be punished on different wakeups.

I really hate that in Ghost Battle, you have to fight a few rounds if you want to mash on some easy dudes. I'm too far up in the offline ranking to play against the easy AI.

Man, I hate doing this again, but after seeing Kuni being played, I have to: anyone have any extra character codes? I'm impatient, yeah, but I get weird when I don't get to play as the whole cast.

I also want in on this...of course TheSpoiler gets first dibs.

I just want Kuni at this point. She looks so awesome.

zlatko

Banned
I hope we don't have to wait too long for DLC characters. I want Slim Bob baaaaaaaaaad. Him and Steve will look great together! :D

I also hope Namco decides to steal money from me with GamerPics this time. I'd love if some of the display pics from within the game can be used as GamerPics. :D

Skilletor

My xbox was giving me really weird hitches when I played last night. It would randomly freeze for a frame or two when I would launch or tag. :/

Brand new xbox slim, 4gb so it's not installed. Playing in training on the special stage.

zlatko

Banned
My xbox was giving me really weird hitches when I played last night. It would randomly freeze for a frame or two when I would launch or tag. :/

Brand new xbox slim, 4gb so it's not installed. Playing in training on the special stage.

Installing made a difference for me for load screens offline. I definitely recommend it if you have a means to do it.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Ok back again, do more costumes unlock as you play, and can kuni remove her mask ?

Skilletor

Installing made a difference for me for load screens offline. I definitely recommend it if you have a means to do it.

But it's not loading. This was in game. :( I would launch with Hwaorang or Law with d/f+2, and it would freeze for a just a moment. It would do the same when I'd do a tag assault.

I noticed it most on launchers and tag assaults, but it was happening randomly.

Just got the game and spent a few hours in training mode. I've decided to move away from my T6 mainstays of Armoured King and Dragunov for now, at the moment I'm trying to work with Angel and Jun. Does anyone have any tips for the two of them? So far my main discovery is that EWGFs are sodding hard to pull off consistently.

zlatko

Banned
But it's not loading. This was in game. :( I would launch with Hwaorang or Law with d/f+2, and it would freeze for a just a moment. It would do the same when I'd do a tag assault.

Not had this problem. Weird. Can you try the game on a different 360 to see if it is just your 360 or?

Skilletor

Not had this problem. Weird. Can you try the game on a different 360 to see if it is just your 360 or?

I just asked some friends on a local message board. One says he's had the issue on ps3, another on 360 during ghost battles.

My problem was in training mode. I haven't seen it on my ps3 or my other 360 (another slim, but installed on this one).

kyo27

I have gotten this slowdown a few times. It usually happens when the achievement notification pops up, but I think it happened on a couple of random occasions as well.

McNum

Its on your Gamestop receipt, on the lower portion. Usually the employees would highlight that part for you. Hopefully you didn't throw it away or you might be sol.

And you got Tekken 1 for free?
Danish Gamestop, no such number on the receipt. There was a separate card with a number on for Snoop Dogg, bikinis, and Kunimitsu/Ancient Ogre. All PSN codes are XXXX-XXXX-XXXX format, right?

I thought it might be the online pass that'd unlock the other two characters, but nope. It just unlocked online play.

And, yes, Tekken 1 was included in my pre-order bonus. Among all the other downloads in that pile was a "Tekken (ENG)". I downloaded that and it installed as a PS1 game on the PS3. I just played through one round of Arcade Mode in that. Tekken sure has changed since then. The crazy jumps are kind of fun, though.

Pachimari

I think I got DLC codes for everything, because I got them with my pre-order today but I already got everything from the EU PSN leak.

sephi22

Difference between PS3 and 360 versions - invisibility?

Has anyone else noticed this?
When I do Jinpachi's command dash or Kunimitsu's U+1+2 (Unblockable) on PS3, both characters flash between visible and invisible. However, on the Xbox version, they stay invisible throughout the time my characters flash.

Sayah

This is probably the hardest fighting game I have ever played.
I stopped playing tekken after tekken 3 and I have huge problems to do anything in this game.

Also for a company that somehow owns patents for training modes (I have heard) the training mode is actually not that good. I am constantly switching between the move list and the demo play to see if I actually made the move that I am supposed to do, why no command training like in VF?

Also I wished anyone would be playing this, ranked is absolutely no one playing (looks like he only searches in my region) and in player matches everything is 1 bar connection, probably only people from the US.

guess I have to stick to fighting ghosts

You can view the command list on screen so you don't have to pause over and over again. When you access the command list, press triangle (on dualshock) to get the move to display on the screen. Then, you press select + triangle to view the move demoed so you can be sure you are doing it right. Select + R1 = move to the next move. Select + L1 = move to the previous move. etc.

Yay! Got the EU release.

So... many... characters... How am I even supposed to pick?

I'm just wondering, I know I was supposed to have gotten all the characters with my pre-order here, at least my local Gamestop thought so, to the point where the clerks were looking forward to it themselves, but I'm not seeing Michelle or Angel in the roster. So... I guess I'm waiting for that. Pity, I wanted to try out Angel. Ah, well, it's not like I'm hurting for character choices here. When do the DLC character unlock for everyone?

On the other hand, I got the PSN version of Tekken 1 as a freebie with the pre-order code. Um, I don't think I've seen that offered anywhere before. Not complaining about a free game, mind you.

My Ling Xiayou play is so rusty that, frankly, i don't think I'm much better with her than any other character now. Going to give her a try, of course, but, yeah... I think I'd want a poke character. I like pokers. Mid range pokers are fun. Not sure who to go for there. I liked Jun in the original TTT, so maybe I'll try her out.

Also, the Combot stage where ou can only do damage with counterhits is hard. Getting a Time Over during combot's finishing move is just cruel on Namco's part.

I would suggest you go back in the PSN store and look at the "view downloads" option and make sure you download everything. When I typed in the Gamestop code, I only got two characters. But when I went back into the PSN store, the other stuff was there too. Awkward but yeah.

NIIIIIIICE

zlatko

Banned
Question about one of the achievements in this game:

It says you need to do a tag character specific grab tag 3 times or something along those lines. I assumed it meant just pair up the right partners and then do a tag grab i.e jack 6 + bryan fury, but alas that didn't make it pop.

Another is the low parry one. I've timed it right more than 3 times, but didn't obtain it either.

Anyone have tips on these? Can they not be done in offline versus mode to obtain?

McNum

I would suggest you go back in the PSN store and look at the "view downloads" option and make sure you download everything. When I typed in the Gamestop code, I only got two characters. But when I went back into the PSN store, the other stuff was there too. Awkward but yeah.
The only character pack I have is B. No A anywhere on the list.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
523296_522467931102941_1602714206_n.jpg

NEED.

Question about one of the achievements in this game:

It says you need to do a tag character specific grab tag 3 times or something along those lines. I assumed it meant just pair up the right partners and then do a tag grab i.e jack 6 + bryan fury, but alas that didn't make it pop.

Another is the low parry one. I've timed it right more than 3 times, but didn't obtain it either.

Anyone have tips on these? Can they not be done in offline versus mode to obtain?

I did the throw tag ones in practice mode. The the tag combo ones too.

Pretty simple, the game doesn't explain the low parry mechanic.

I hate how the training mode focuses on some moronic shit like how to move forward and fails to fully explain base mechanics like side-stepping, low parries, different types of throw brakes and even tag crashes which are exclusive to this game.

So hey guys, how does "Item Customization" work? So far I've unlocked this feature about 8 times in Ghost Mode but I do not know for who, for what items, or how it is accessed or used. Thanks for the help!

On the flip side, seems like every CPU Tekken Lord and above gives an item for winning. I had to take a break but I'm currently on something like 20 item matches in a row.

zlatko

Banned
Bryan and Dragunov have one. Do Drag's f,f+1+2 throw and hold the tag button after it connects. Bryan will come out and join in.

Cool I'll just mimic this. Thanks. :)

New question for people in here then. What website should I use as my resource for combos in this game? I'd just like 1-2 basic ones to learn for starters for Steve, Paul, Lars, and Bob for now.

I figure a quick punish one, and then a big damage one off a launcher for each will suffice, so I can at least be a threat to people online if I open them up.

OSHAN

Cool I'll just mimic this. Thanks. :)

New question for people in here then. What website should I use as my resource for combos in this game? I'd just like 1-2 basic ones to learn for starters for Steve, Paul, Lars, and Bob for now.

I figure a quick punish one, and then a big damage one off a launcher for each will suffice, so I can at least be a threat to people online if I open them up.

If you're looking for basics just use the practice mode in game. Go to practice, then move list, hit triangle then select + R1 to scroll through while in practice mode, and near the bottom are sample combos.

Top Bottom