• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Degen

Team Degen is officially Jinpachi/King

lol I'm playing a Mishima lol look at me I'm all technical lol

now to learn some moves

Can you pick your own victory animations? I thought you could in T6 by holding a specific button after winning.
as far as I know, it's only the one thing each character gets

kinda funny because every solo character ends up turning and walking away

How exactly are the hair customisation things unlocked. I bought a back piece for Lilli, which unlocked fringes, but I can't seem to get anything for the middle. She's looking a little weird.

Moofers

So hey guys, how does "Item Customization" work? So far I've unlocked this feature about 8 times in Ghost Mode but I do not know for who, for what items, or how it is accessed or used. Thanks for the help!

Yeah let me echo this. I have no idea what I'm unlocking because I go to a handful of my faves and don't see anything new. Not wild about that system, but whatever.

Also, I prefer the Tekken 6 model where you get like 3 costumes right off the bat and some of them were simply awe-inspiring. Lili's bridal lingerie, Zafina's black rose butterfly, etc. Where are those outfits now? They were awesome!

Vodh

Which modes do the AI difficulty settings affect? Is it just arcade mode, or everything? Is let's say a 2dan AI an easier ghost when it's on easy than it would have been on hard, or does it just throw lower rank CPU's at you?

Sayah

Yeah let me echo this. I have no idea what I'm unlocking because I go to a handful of my faves and don't see anything new. Not wild about that system, but whatever.

Also, I prefer the Tekken 6 model where you get like 3 costumes right off the bat and some of them were simply awe-inspiring. Lili's bridal lingerie, Zafina's black rose butterfly, etc. Where are those outfits now? They were awesome!

On the character select screen, press square on the character you are going to choose. All the different costumes should show up.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I didn't do much T6 with him, but what do you feel is nerfed? Is it the stance changes? Damage? Frame recovery?

Lots of stuff. I thought i was going crazy cause i was messing up some combs that i never dropped in 6. I wasn't really keeping up with the changes during the arcade cycle, but last night i checked out a bunch of nin videos and checked the zaibatsu forums. They got a pretty good list of whats different. He's still definitely a good character but i really don't see why they took so much from him. Here's the list btw. http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=122004&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

Sayah

Lots of stuff. I thought i was going crazy cause i was messing up some combs that i never dropped in 6. I wasn't really keeping up with the changes during the arcade cycle, but last night i checked out a bunch of nin videos and checked the zaibatsu forums. They got a pretty good list of whats different. He's still definitely a good character but i really don't see why they took so much from him. Here's the list btw. http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=122004&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

Yeah, they definitely nerfed Steve. Nina's qcf+2 slap also got nerfed which is a big disappointment for me.

Which modes do the AI difficulty settings affect? Is it just arcade mode, or everything? Is let's say a 2dan AI an easier ghost when it's on easy than it would have been on hard, or does it just throw lower rank CPU's at you?

I think setting the difficulty from the game options affects all the offline modes. But I'm not sure on this. However, when you press start while playing Ghost Battle matches, for instance, it'll let you see and set the difficulty from there too.

It's suppose to affect the Arcade and Ghost, but that doesn't matter after they start getting into Dans and higher.

What's even worse is that the Arcade mode makes you fight Dans right out of the gate. Ugh.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
lol, when I saw that the damage on King's ss+3+4 got buffed...

All first hits have a 135% damage boost. Justin Wong was actually mildly complaining about this, it's why he was saying pokes are way too good in this game.

Honestly it's not that bad unless it's one of those 2v1 situations and when you eat a few random hits from the 1 player character and are almost dead with no combo's involved it feels a little derpy

Esura

Banned
523296_522467931102941_1602714206_n.jpg

NEED.

Goddamn, that's beautiful.

59.99? Could I preorder it?

lol i want the Asuka one. . . Which I do have pending XD

I want that too but I'm holding off for the moment.

All first hits have a 135% damage boost. Justin Wong was actually mildly complaining about this, it's why he was saying pokes are way too good in this game.

Honestly it's not that bad unless it's one of those 2v1 situations and when you eat a few random hits from the 1 player character and are almost dead with no combo's involved it feels a little derpy

Considering the game was previously all about committing to juggles and pretty much just that, it's a welcome change. Before, it was a bit difficult to escape an oncoming combo of death, but now those aren't as safe, leveling the playing field.

Even in 2v1, the tag team has more potential combos due to having two players, plus the damage that comes with special throws and more.

zlatko

Banned
Anyone an avid avatar creationist? I see all those awesome ones in the OT first page, but there is a severe lack of Paul P choices. :p

I LOVE that image of Paul in the game you can use with the slab on his back as its tied to his chest with rope.

N4Us

You unlock items for the character you defeated, which you use in customization.

LowParry

Anyone an avid avatar creationist? I see all those awesome ones in the OT first page, but there is a severe lack of Paul P choices. :p

I LOVE that image of Paul in the game you can use with the slab on his back as its tied to his chest with rope.

I could work on one later. :)

DSix

Banned
I'm fully rolling Jun/Asuka now. Jun is just too good, and the fact she's close to Asuka is making her very easy to master for me.
Anything else is just meh (my Lars play was getting garbage tier), as if my brainwaves are naturally synchronized with the Kazama girls gameplay. I'm glad namco brought Jun back for me.

Dat JC figure. AAK she doesnt have disco shoes thats just part of the base to help her stay in place. It will probably be clear for the final product. I still need to get Asuka. I swear koto better make all the girls, I need me some Jun and Angel figures.

After seeing my bro easily do 113 damge combos with Lili/Forest I've been trying to break the 100 dmg mark with Angel/Jun. I'm stuck at 94 no wall and 99 at the wall. Must keep trying.

All my time S-Ranking the Fight Lab, earning 16 million Tekken bucks and getting everything for Combot down the drain because my save file threw a wobbly. :(

LowParry

Zlatko and Gr1mLock. Just some quick mesh work. Hope that's what you're looking for. And why Kaz needs a handgun is beyond me. The guy shoots freaking laser beams from his head and flies.

NELhH.jpg
tWZVG.jpg

Is there a ruling on if Solo is going to be banned in tournament play? I might run solo Paul at Season's Beatings. Lili exists on my team right now to get bodied so Paul can come in with netsu.

LowParry

Is there a ruling on if Solo is going to be banned in tournament play? I might run solo Paul at Season's Beatings. Lili exists on my team right now to get bodied so Paul can come in with netsu.

I think it should be. It's almost game breaking when you have a solo vs pair play. If it gets tweaked later on, then we'll see.

Why is it game breaking? Isn't it legal in Japan and it isn't dominating? There better be a good reason besides "it just feels broke". That's Soulcalibur community nonsense.

LowParry

Why is it game breaking? Isn't it legal in Japan and it isn't dominating? There better be a good reason besides "it just feels broke". That's Soulcalibur community nonsense.

I can't give exact health numbers and output on damage but the solo player has more health and damage output. So say for example when that character can do a combo that can take more than half of the life of another that's paired, that just tells me that the option is too powerful. Sure they can switch but you still face that same problem. And when that solo player gets their rage? Game over man. Game over.

And I think the 1vs2 in Japan is banned. Though yesterday on Godsgarden they were doing 1v1 stuff.

Onemic

Can anyone tell me what typr of character jin, jinpachi and raven are? Is jin an easier mishima to play? I hear he also has wavedashes, but they're not as central to his game as kazuma.

I just looked it up and solo was legal at SBO. JDCR playing solo AK was the only solo player in the top 8.

I will be very disappointed in the Tekken community if they ban this right away. They're usually better than that kind of knee jerk reaction.

Doomshine

Can anyone tell me what typr of character jin, jinpachi and raven are? Is jin an easier mishima to play? I hear he also has wavedashes, but they're not as central to his game as kazuma.

Jin's strenght, in T6 at least, was his pokes and punishers. All his punishers knock down and wall splat. His damage output was terrible though, but you can make up for that with a tag partner now.

GrayFoxPL

I can't give exact health numbers and output on damage but the solo player has more health and damage output. So say for example when that character can do a combo that can take more than half of the life of another that's paired, that just tells me that the option is too powerful. Sure they can switch but you still face that same problem. And when that solo player gets their rage? Game over man. Game over.

After the outrage at the beginning, now the Japanese and Koreans aren't concerned with Solo at all.
Tag just gives so many options and set ups it outplays solo.

Don't worry, we will get there eventually. I can only destroy shitty players while solo, good ones will put so much pressure with 2 characters that will eventually make my guessing go all wrong.

Top Bottom