• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Good Tag Assault fillers for Asuka are b+2,4,3 or just d/b+4,3. Those give you plenty of time to get in with Jun and end with whatever you want.

For Jun you can do f+3,f+1+2,2 or f,f+2,3. Those also give Asuka plenty of time and space for her to do what she wants.

Tag Assualt enders for Asuka can be running 3 or f,f+2,1+2
For Jun you can do f,f+2,3 or b+2,1,4. There are alot more options but these are easy and reliable choices.

Will try them out, thanks. :)

LowParry

Man this thread was turning a tad bit scary for a moment. We are Tekken folks.

In any event, Ranked matched seemed to be coming in slower than normal. People getting scared?

LowParry

Is she a harder character to use?

I main Asuka/Jun but I want to experiment with other characters too.

Not really. Xiaoyu isn't that execution heavy as in say Kazuya or Lee (with his juggles). The problem with her right now is her tag in combos. She can carry very well but you need to have a character that can extend out that far to put out some more damage (Kuni works pretty good since I use her with Xiaoyu). However in light of that, getting your opponent to the wall is very easy to accomplish and that's where Xiaoyu can really shine.

But as for difficulty if learning characters, it really boils down to how much time and study you invest into that character. Spend some time in practice mode and get familiar with their moves to build up that muscle memory. I had this problem with Jun when first starting out. Spent a few hours in practice and ghost battles and I think I'm ready to take her line with Forest.

alstein

Man this thread was turning a tad bit scary for a moment. We are Tekken folks.

In any event, Ranked matched seemed to be coming in slower than normal. People getting scared?

Probably folks quitting the game already. Game seems to have a LOT of killers in ranked and few scrubs. That will demoralize folks.

LowParry

Probably folks quitting the game already. Game seems to have a LOT of killers in ranked and few scrubs.

Player matches seem to come in quick though. Suppose that's where the majority of players will go. At least that's how it was with T6 but this is years after its release. Man, people just don't quit the game.

MechaX

Alright, decided to just pick up the game after days of watching vids, streams, and second-guessing. And this is probably my first time seriously playing Tekken too (well, my friend made me play Tekken 4 for about an hour or two, but that did way more harm than good).

Man, this all seems so overwhelming at first. I'm going to review the beginner guide stuff in a few, but before I did anything, I dicked around in training mode for about an hour/two hours to see what characters I would like (maybe).

And oddly enough, Anna and Lee seem to be completely awesome. Dunno if they're beginner friendly or what-not, but I knew if I was going to pick this game up, I would have to be in it for the long haul. I kind like Asuka and Hwoarang too (and there may be other characters as well; I was only given blanket advice to avoid the Mishimas for the moment), so I'm having problems deciding.

Doomshine

Probably folks quitting the game already. Game seems to have a LOT of killers in ranked and few scrubs. That will demoralize folks.

I don't know about that. I played up to 2nd Dan today and encountered maybe 2 who had some idea of what they were doing and 1 really good.

We'll see as I get to the higher ranks, but the beginning was all beginners pretty much.

CSX

I don't know about that. I played up to 2nd Dan today and encountered maybe 2 who had some idea of what they were doing and 1 really good.

We'll see as I get to the higher ranks, but the beginning was all beginners pretty much.

I think there's about to be another group of high skilled players coming in. They either just got the game today or their 3 day shipping is now arrived.

Dereck

So I set up the swimsuit costumes for everyone, but now I have load times when selecting characters. Is this is known issue or is my PS3 just being wack?
Those type of load times are annoying, not the load time itself but the constant mini loading times compounding on top of each other when selecting a character.

Doomshine

What the hell are chicken points btw? I now have a black chicken with sunglasses and I have no idea what it means. Apparently I have 16 chicken points.

Pimpbaa

I wish there was an option to revert the opponents in Arcade mode to their default outfits. Jun's appearance loses its luster when she shows up looking like Power Ranger Stig with a spiked baseball bat.

Yeah, I don't get that. I mean I could understand randomized outfits, but to put such a stupid looking one on Jun as default is just mind boggling dumb.

God damn I just fought a sick ass solo Angel in ghost battle. I swear this is the sickest ghost I have ever faced since the mode was introdcued in Tekken 5. I gotta steal some of her tech.

Onemic

Alright, decided to just pick up the game after days of watching vids, streams, and second-guessing. And this is probably my first time seriously playing Tekken too (well, my friend made me play Tekken 4 for about an hour or two, but that did way more harm than good).

Man, this all seems so overwhelming at first. I'm going to review the beginner guide stuff in a few, but before I did anything, I dicked around in training mode for about an hour/two hours to see what characters I would like (maybe).

And oddly enough, Anna and Lee seem to be completely awesome. Dunno if they're beginner friendly or what-not, but I knew if I was going to pick this game up, I would have to be in it for the long haul. I kind like Asuka and Hwoarang too (and there may be other characters as well; I was only given blanket advice to avoid the Mishimas for the moment), so I'm having problems deciding.

Hwoarang was always my favourite character in tekken since 3, but people always dissuade me from actually learning him as they say his execution requirements are only second to the mishimas due to his multiple stances.

d0c_zaius

Yeah, I don't get that. I mean I could understand randomized outfits, but to put such a stupid looking one on Jun as default is just mind boggling dumb.

I dont get it either, and its a tiny buzzkill to get hyped for a Jun fight to just see that thing over and over.

LowParry

What are the exact requirements? I've only been playing online and I got one of Dragunov's panels.

Just play out ghost battles. Between each fight you have three choices. You may not always get a gold selection but they come. It's the best way to get your customs, panels, and all the ending movies with a little bit of money on the side. Most of my money I've got from player/ranked matches.

Dereck

it would be so great if you could use renders from the past Tekken games as your panels. I would love to use this render for Forest Law from Tekken 3:

or this render of Prototype Jack from Tekken 1 for the hell of it hahaha:

the whole cast looked so weird in Tekken 1, that's why I kinda would rock those old renders as a panel in TTT2 :lol

Also, does anyone know if you can unlock a simple tank top for Forest Law? sort of like what he had as his 2P costume in Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag.
I have not found that tank top yet, I know because I was looking for that shit almost immediately and couldn't find it.

Vodh

Decided I'm gonna main Lee Chaolan - any ideas for good partners? In the past I've enjoyed Bryan, Steve, Asuka, Hwoarang, Kazuya and Miguel... Still like them, but it's a new game and I don't mind changing up :)

Oh, and I'm a complete and utter scrub, I actually still mash like 50% of the time - but it's time to level up. And I don't have the preorder bonus characters :)((()

FroJay

Banned
Finally got a win online in a player match, but just barely over a guy with equal skill level. Got throttled by a bunch of people who knew what they were doing with both of their characters and ran up against a really good King player as well. The only player I know decently is Lei and I'm using Nina as my second even though I don't know her at all. Fun game, I have yet to try ranked, I figure if I'm getting slaughtered in player matches I better wait.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Ah crap. Been using Lili's preorder dress and Leo's swimsuit but I may just remove the costumes to avoid load times. :(

Yeah, it's annoying. Just make preset teams with the outfits you want to use.

Only the PS3 version does this. If it wasn't for the fact the vast majority of people on my friends list were playing this game on PS3, I'd sell it and just stick with the 360 version. It's definitely the better looking/loading version of the game.

Foffy

Banned
I have a question, dudes. I'm considering to get the game, but I have a simple question; which version of the title is the lead version? Assuming as this is Tekken, is it the PS3 version of the game? I don't think there's a world of difference between the version, but I tend to get lead versions.

LowParry

I don't see any differences between the 360 and PS3 version. The load times are just different. Which is something that could be potentially patched right?

cj_iwakura

Okay, confirmation from a long-term Julia player: Jaycee is not Julia. Not in her wildest dreams. Entirely different. I'd rather play Michelle than touch her.

That said, I did manage to get 5th in a TTT2 tourney using Michelle/Jun. Shame I don't know Jun that well.

Dereck

I have a question, dudes. I'm considering to get the game, but I have a simple question; which version of the title is the lead version? Assuming as this is Tekken, is it the PS3 version of the game? I don't think there's a world of difference between the version, but I tend to get lead versions.
There is no lead version, only thing to say here is that you should buy the game according to the controller, and who you plan to play against online.

McNum

I don't like fighting game bosses. At least this one plays mostly fair, it's just a big jump in difficulty. Ah, well, the only way to get the endings it to power through arcade mode, right? Plus the two million G was nice. Only got Jun's ending so far. I suppose I could just set it to Easy/1 round and cheese it. But I use it to get the feel of each character, too.

Also, what's a Lucky Box?

I think I might try out some online tomorrow with a Ling King team. It's as good a place to start as any, I suppose.

Ferrio

Banned
Okay, confirmation from a long-term Julia player: Jaycee is not Julia. Not in her wildest dreams. Entirely different. I'd rather play Michelle than touch her.

That said, I did manage to get 5th in a TTT2 tourney using Michelle/Jun. Shame I don't know Jun that well.

So how is she different. I swore I
noticed alot of the same moves.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Do we know if/when the DLC characters
and swimsuits
are available?

Also are all the dude swimsuits those loincloths?

Also are all the dude swimsuits those loincloths?
All the male characters have fundoshis except for Wang, Bob, Ganryu, Sebastian, Doctor B, Lee, (True) Ogre, Alex, Combot, Mokujin & Tiger.

Wang, Bob, Ganryu, Sebastian & Doctor B have a vintage style full body swimsuits, Lee has speedos, (True) Ogre has bikinis, Alex has some weird spandex thing and Combot has water floaties. (Male Mokujin & Tiger don't have swimsuits.)

Violet and Slim Bob's swimsuits are currently unconfirmed, though I'd imagine that Violet will have the same ones as Lee and that Slim Bob will probably have fundoshis.

I glad that this game did include swimsuits for the guys, but I hope they release some more unique ones through DLC. (Or at least give everyone speedos.)

Top Bottom