• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Tried my hand at Nina/Anna but got nowhere with them. Granted they both feel good and I got their combos out well enough but I still haven't figured out their tag assault and unique combos.

I'm really interested in using Jaycee though I'm not too sure who to partner her up with. Either Jun or Michelle.

What dlc codes? The pre-order ones?

Mainly just Kuni (and to a lesser extent Ogre)...i have the other two.

I understand it's not likely...but It can't hurt to try lol.

Call a Gamestop and say your pre-order code isn't working, they usually can print a backup for you and read it off.

I didn't order from Gamestop. And wouldn't they go through their system and look me up first?

edit: yeah this doesn't work...they ask for you to come in.

i felt like a scumbag.

thanks tho.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Tried my hand at Nina/Anna but got nowhere with them. Granted they both feel good and I got their combos out well enough but I still haven't figured out their tag assault and unique combos.

I'm really interested in using Jaycee though I'm not too sure who to partner her up with. Either Jun or Michelle.

Pretty much what CcrooK said, it'd be a very good idea to contact Sayah if you're thinking about working with the Williams sisters.

I have to say I was never a Tekken fan and the last game I enjoyed was Tekken 3 (especially the Tekken Ball Mode, why did it never come back? :( ) and I'm having a blast with TTT2! :D

It just feels so smooth and right for me compared to Tekken 6 that it's not funny anymore. Of course I'm pretty much of a newb but I still enjoy it and I'm playing with Marshall/Forest Law, Lili and Jun. I eventually plan to learn Xiaoyu but she seems difficult. What was also Interesting enough is that my friends initially advised me to not play with Lili as a beginner though after trying her out I was astonished to notice that her fighting-style is similar to Akane's from DoA so I felt naturally at home.

Other than that instead of overwhelming myself with command lists right from the start I tried to tackle simple movements with logic which worked well enough to stand my ground offline. That means since I'm controlling all four limbs in Tekken I thought, if I make a kick that makes me step forward with my right foot, naturally a left punch should connect while using the momentum when the body pushes forward. Of course I know this won't get me anywhere on the long run but it helped me figuring out basic moves for a start and also finishing the Combot story and Unknown on Medium.

There is also a question I have, how can I change what is displayed as my primary character and on my WTF page and I heard there is a benefit for turning off Motion Blur? (I'm on a PS3)

Also I kind of did a big mistake today, after initially buying the regular edition I was amazed by the in-game soundtrack and wanted the We Are Tekken Edition so I sold my regular copy to a friend and now I have to wait till Monday before I can buy a WAT Edition and play again :(

Uthred

I wish there was a "prize wall" or in game list so you could see what's left to unlock. Ghost mode grinding is getting a little tedious, especially as there's a tendency to just cheese the ai with stuff that won't work in a real match

DLC is region locked.

wait..isn't it possible to download it with a different account (Uk account) and still be able to use the dlc?

or no? Probably not.

oh well.

To make it so all of my post aren't sad begging.

This game is pretty damn awesome I am really enjoying it even if I still don't have any combos down. Ghost mode alone has been great.

DR2K

Banned
wait..isn't it possible to download it with a different account (Uk account) and still be able to use the dlc?

or no? Probably not.

oh well.

To make it so all of my post aren't sad begging.

This game is pretty damn awesome I am really enjoying it even if I still don't have any combos down. Ghost mode alone has been great.

Tried it. Didn't work.

Onemic

ugh now Im at another crossroads with choosing between Hwoarang and Eddy to pair with Feng. Is Hwoarang really that hard to learn?

Sayah

Thanks!

Any tips on their tag assault(s)?

I've discovered some of the combos on my own and was pretty surprised to see that Anna has more launchers than I thought.

Nina got nerfed. Anna got even better than before.

Try these, I guess:
Nina: qcf+1, then u/f+2,1 - tag button during the bound move. With Anna - d/f+3,2, then right after that press d/f (by itself to do the dash), then 2,1. Switch back to nina. Move a step or two forward and do qcf+2.

Anna:
d/f+2, then d/f+3,2, then d/f, then 1. Then f+3, 2. Tag button on the bound move. Then with Nina, press f+4,3,3. Then back to Anna, do f,f+2+3.

People that played Sayah learned that the hard way :p

I have yet to see a Nina or Anna online. Now I'm curious. :p

Nina got nerfed. Anna got even better than before.

Try these, I guess:
Nina: qcf+1, then u/f+2,1 - tag button during the bound move. With Anna - d/f+3,2, then right after that press d/f (by itself to do the dash), then 2,1. Switch back to nina. Move a step or two forward and do qcf+2.

Anna:
d/f+2, then d/f+3,2, then d/f, then 1. Then f+3, 2. Tag button on the bound move. Then with Nina, press f+4,3,3. Then back to Anna, do f,f+2+3.

I'll definitely give those a try and see where I go from there. It's been so long since I've tried playing with the sisters seriously since Tekken 3.

Sayah

People that played Sayah learned that the hard way :p

Anna is really a great character. Her options in Tag have only increased with that knee bound and qcf+2,1 and the 2+3 bound from her judgment stance. SOOOOO Great.

Meanwhile, Nina's slap got nerfed which is a big disappointment for me and same with her (formerly known as) b+3, 3+4, 3 (now it's d/f+3, 3+4, 4). No juggle damage from either of those moves. :/

Onemic

Hwoarang is harder than Eddy imo.

Ya I was looking at the guide and its saying one of his most important moves is a just frame attack. :(

I think I may still do it and commit as Hwoarang has been my favourite tekken character since I first played the game with 3. Mashing was always so fun with him.

How do you pull off a just frame attack anyway? I've so far gotten his just frame attack twice out of the 20 or so times I've practiced the move. (sky rocket)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I really hate that they made Heihachi's 1+2 knock the opponent back so far, instead of crumpling them right in front of you. Really kills a few combos I had from T6. =/

Doomshine

How do you pull off a just frame attack anyway? I've so far gotten his just frame attack twice out of the 20 or so times I've practiced the move. (sky rocket)

You need to hit d/f and 4 at the same time. If I understand correctly it is slightly easier to do from RFF stance than LFF.

MightyKAC

Well, still no game to speak of but at least I'm registered on WTF and I just entered my Character and Stage DLC codes so I guess that's something.

BTW if anyone wants a free PSN Tekken Theme code shoot me a PM.

Edit: Code sent.

Just had an awesome online session with Naoki who is one of norcal's better players. JC and Nina is so fucking scary. Its so great that you can now view player match replays. Now time to study up.

Top Bottom