• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

MrCow

is it just me or is jun/unknown in arcarde battle really hard? i was never a really pro but i have played every tekken game since the first ... yesterday i couldn't beat her with my Leo/Lilli tag team.

i think she had the rank of 21st Dan or something, but the day before i got her fairly easy with the same tag team, does this mean that the enemies somehow level according to your skill? like in ghost mode (if i understand that mode correctly)

playing on medium difficulty btw

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Just got back from the bars, you guys still streaming?

On aecond thought.. probably not a good idea to play at the moment. :lol

I have one of these

hori-real-arcade-pro-3.jpg

and yet I'm infinetly more comfortable with these

ecc797fca1610195f6c7334f2b179e0e

Can someone please make me feel less weird.

Good to know I'm not alone. My timing with the dpad on the DS3 is always perfect, so I never mess up.

I always played with Lei since Tekken 2, and ever since they applied this "multiple forms of kung-fu" mechanic to him, I've become really good at seamlessly switching between all his forms, which is what makes him so much fun.

The arcade stick is somehow less responsive to me when it comes to pulling off these commands. For the record, I am NOT a high level player; I just buy a Tekken game, play heavily for a couple of weeks, then just come back from time to time for a round.

Esura

Banned
Ok, I see what people mean about online. Hit 1st Dan and shit got real. This dude's Asuka and Jun team was awesome.

It...it inspired me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My 50/30 FIOS internets and $3000 streaming PC can't handle the power of Tekken online apparently. That or the Tekken tunes is being a jerk.

Sayah

My 50/30 FIOS internets and $3000 streaming PC can't handle the power of Tekken online apparently. That or the Tekken tunes is being a jerk.

If the Tunes are causing problems, turn them off. That sucks, though. Hoping they fix this with a patch or something.

Alright, now that I've gotten my PSN DLC codes from EBGames I still have what I assume to be a 360 DLC code for the characters, stage and swimsuits that they sent me by mistake. (It's 16 characters long.)

Since I have no 360, and as such have no use for it, I'll PM it to the first person to quote this post. :)

I don't have any experience with the 360 Marketplace so I'm hoping this will work out. If it's not a proper code, please forgive me, all I've got is what they sent me.

alot of top Tekken players prefer pad... I play better on it as well.

I can't imagine preferring pad on my 360 though, so it's definitely a good solution for 360 owners. But I'm also more than happy to stick with the PS3 version.

As for the final boss comment, I only managed to beat her with Lillith on Easy ... Fortunately at least you can get all the different endings with tags, and the tag team member you choose first will get the ending movie, so in the worst case, I can unlock all the movies by tagging everyone with Lillith all the time. ;)

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Alright, now that I've gotten my PSN DLC codes from EBGames I still have what I assume to be a 360 DLC code for the characters, stage and swimsuits that they sent me by mistake. (It's 16 characters long.)

Since I have no 360, and as such have no use for it, I'll PM it to the first person to quote this post. :)

I don't have any experience with the 360 Marketplace so I'm hoping this will work out. If it's not a proper code, please forgive me, all I've got is what they sent me.

Me please!

Sayah

Can't seem to join lobby now. I have to sleep now anyways. lol.
Doesn't make sense why Kadey's the only one having this problem. I guess call Namco and see which ports to open for TTT2 specifically.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah. That last session, everything was set to default and it still happened. This doesn't happen to me on Capcom fighters so I dont know whats going on. Thing is, when it does work, the matches themselves are smooth.

Okay. Sea made a lobby and people were getting dropped from his too. So that means my incident isn't isolated.

And Kyo made a room and everybody got booted too.

Yep. Lobbies on blast tonight.

alstein

What exactly is a reversal?

Some chars have moves that throw the opponent if they are attacked at certain levels. All 3D fighters have reversals, and some 2D games have them.

Most reversals in Tekken work mid+high, Marduk has to choose between high and mid, and Dragonuv has a low one.

Some attacks are unreversible despite being the proper level. In VF this varies by character, in Tekken I don't think it does. I've seen reversal-reversals in Tekken "chicken" that I remember from TTT1, wouldn't be surprised if that's still in.

Dereck

Yeah. That last session, everything was set to default and it still happened. This doesn't happen to me on Capcom fighters so I dont know whats going on. Thing is, when it does work, the matches themselves are smooth.

Okay. Sea made a lobby and people were getting dropped from his too. So that means my incident isn't isolated.

And Kyo made a room and everybody got booted too.

Yep. Lobbies on blast tonight.
So, are these streaming lobbies open to everyone to join?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm going to miss playing this game online. Now I gotta go to the mean arcades and get destroyed all weekend :(

Oh so it's just like Dragunov's b.1+3/2+4? Or is that just like a parry grab thing?

yeah, most characters that have a counter, called a Reversal, is done by b+1+3. terminology-wise, a Parry is when you press df just as you are about to get hit by a low attack. Some characters also have special parry moves. Counters are all hits that are counterhits. :D
(yes, lots of terms to learn too)

Jucksalbe

Banned
Is it bad when I can barely win ghost battles just because I have to laugh so hard at all the costumes? (Kuma with a donut ring really got me)

I have one of these

hori-real-arcade-pro-3.jpg

and yet I'm infinetly more comfortable with these

ecc797fca1610195f6c7334f2b179e0e

Can someone please make me feel less weird.

Have you just gotten the arcade stick recently by any chance? I had the same experience for about two or three months on Tekken 6 whereby even after hearig about how much easier to use an arcade stick is I was far more comfortable with the controller yet I've stuck with the arcade stick and I have to admit that now I wouldn't do without it. I think it just takes a while to get used to, especially if you've never actually played in an arcade, but in the end I think it is worth it. I played a match yesterday with the controller and the contrast between the two control methods was huge, despite the fact that for a long time I had been more at ease with the controller.

I think, if you haven't put in many hours with the arcade stick, stick with it. It takes quite awhile for you to become comfortable with it when starting off and figuring out how to hold the ball top in a comfortable yet convenient manner is surprisingly difficult at first but it is absolutely worth it. This is especially true for Tag Tournament 2 where tag combos can require you to input a large number of buttons very quickly (including actually pressing/holding the tag button just before a bound). That isn't to say that a pad is not viable of course, with Tekken they absolutely are but if you've spent the money on an arcade stick it's a shame to let it gather dust. But if you are going to use the arcade stick, I do think that you should completely abandon the controller for fighting games, don't switch between the two, it will make it much more difficult to use the arcade stick (it did in my experience anyway, perhaps others are different).

Doomshine

Some attacks are unreversible despite being the proper level. In VF this varies by character, in Tekken I don't think it does. I've seen reversal-reversals in Tekken "chicken" that I remember from TTT1, wouldn't be surprised if that's still in.

It's knees, elbows and headbutts mostly that can't be reversed. Chickens are still in, you press f+1+3 or f+2+4 depending on which limb got reversed. Some characters reversals can't be chickened though.

Pachimari

yeah, most characters that have a counter, called a Reversal, is done by b+1+3. terminology-wise, a Parry is when you press df just as you are about to get hit by a low attack. Some characters also have special parry moves. Counters are all hits that are counterhits. :D
(yes, lots of terms to learn too)

But don't the command list for Law and Jin as examples, call the 1+3 a Parry?
I'm confused. =/

I'm also, how many mechanics are there in Tekken?

Reversals, Chicken, Okizeme, Side stepping, Get ups, Tag Throws, Tag Crash, Tag Assault, Movement, Backdash Cancelling, Wavedashing (for the Mishimas), Juggles, Launchers, Throw Breaks etc.

DSix

Banned
I'm confused. =/

Because Law and Jin's techniques are parries (you have to counter attack by yourself after it), but some people won't bother calling it any different since the general use is mostly the same.

Pachimari

Because Law and Jin's techniques are parries (you have to counter attack by yourself after it), but some people just won't bother calling it any different since the general use is mostly the same.
So while Jin and Law's 1+3 are parries, other characters' will be reversals?

Anything that doesn't "grab" you would be parry in my opinion. So Law, Jin and Ling have parries and Asuka, King and Jun have reversals.
Oh, I'm gonna try this out with Asuka/Jun whoever. Exciting.

Onemic

I'm confused. =/

I'm also, how many mechanics are there in Tekken?

Reversals, Chicken, Okizeme, Side stepping, Get ups, Tag Throws, Tag Crash, Tag Assault, Movement, Backdash Cancelling, Wavedashing (for the Mishimas), Juggles, Launchers, Throw Breaks etc.

what's chicken again?

Top Bottom