• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

what's chicken again?

You can buffer a chicken in your moves if you think they're going to get reversed.

For example, with Paul, if you think your deathfist (QCF+2) will get reversed, do the move, keep holding 2 and hit f+4.

Or if you are concerned that your 1 will get reversed, do the move and buffer f+1+3 after.

Onemic

You can buffer a chicken in your moves if you think they're going to get reversed.

For example, with Paul, if you think your deathfist (QCF+2) will get reversed, do the move, keep holding 2 and hit f+4.

Or if you are concerned that your 1 will get reversed, do the move and buffer f+1+3 after.

ah, thanks.

Team is officially Hwoarang/Feng. I'll probably side Eddy to switch with Hwoarang. I'm actually getting used to Hwoarang JFSR, but it'll take awhile before it becomes second nature. Him and Feng are to fun to use.

Sayah

Yeah. That last session, everything was set to default and it still happened. This doesn't happen to me on Capcom fighters so I dont know whats going on. Thing is, when it does work, the matches themselves are smooth.

Okay. Sea made a lobby and people were getting dropped from his too. So that means my incident isn't isolated.

And Kyo made a room and everybody got booted too.

Yep. Lobbies on blast tonight.

Really hoping this will not be repeated again. I'm gonna assume it was their serves for just that one night. Been playing online since release day and this is the first time stuff like this was happening.

DSix

Banned
Skyrocketed to Mentor, and now on a fucking losing streak and got demoted to disciple :/
I think I scrubed a bit too much UF4s and forgot all about my mixups and reactions. Too many bad players to beat was bad for my play.

alstein

Really hoping this will not be repeated again. I'm gonna assume it was their serves for just that one night. Been playing online since release day and this is the first time stuff like this was happening.

SC5 had this problem for me. Namco netcode is unstable - works great when it works, but really unstable.

VF netcode handled better for me, except for that time the PSN servers were wonky. Curious how DOA netcode will be, heard on 360 DOA4 was as good as Vanilla VF5.

Shouta

I took a peak at Zafina's movelist last night, and oh boy that's gonna take a lot of memorizing to use properly. I think I'll save her for when I get the Tekken-ness down, lol.

Vodh

I have one of these

hori-real-arcade-pro-3.jpg

and yet I'm infinetly more comfortable with these

ecc797fca1610195f6c7334f2b179e0e

Can someone please make me feel less weird.

Aris made a video on Pad vs Stick once and basically what he said was that if the only thing he cared about was maximising the efficiency then he would have played on pad - he says pad is better, but playing on a stick means you can also play in arcades and be on the top of your game. I've got a stick too and I've actually tried to switch to the stick for Marvel and SFIV, but in the end even in those games I just prefer pad. Sure, it's harder to do shoryuken movements (quarters are simple enough), but you can do it, and in the end pad just feels much more comfortable for me.

vocab

I feel like pad is really easy for movement, while on stick it feels super awkward. Combos of course feel easier on stick simply because I can't execute on pad.

Just use what you want.

Esura

Banned

Is there a bigger size for that fan art? So elegant.

From now on, everytime someone comes here and complains about the game being hard as fuck, I'll just tell them to "shut up and get ready for the next battle"
For the love of all that is good don't do that. T_T

Bet you we'd get like three pages of arguing.

I feel like pad is really easy for movement, while on stick it feels super awkward. Combos of course feel easier on stick simply because I can't execute on pad.

Just use what you want.

I find movement on a stick awkward as well. Why I stopped using mines.

I've been doing much better since I switched to the SFxT(lulz) Madcatz controller. While not ideal, the pad is an improvement over the 360 controller's and the buttons are big enough to position my fingers like I would on the arcade stick. Since I don't really give a fuck about the negative opinions of the Hitbox, I'll probably end up getting one of those at some point.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Okay. Just hosted a lobby against someone from Japan. Played four straight games with him without any problems at all. Beat him pretty bad the last game too. :)

Also played someone from Finland. No problems then either. Hopefully this continues.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Okay. Just hosted a lobby against someone from Japan. Played four straight games with him without any problems at all. Beat him pretty bad the last game too. :)

Also played someone from Finland. No problems then either. Hopefully this continues.

Now I have to wonder! How was input latency and such on your end? Did the game speed slow down much?

Aris made a video on Pad vs Stick once and basically what he said was that if the only thing he cared about was maximising the efficiency then he would have played on pad - he says pad is better, but playing on a stick means you can also play in arcades and be on the top of your game.

How do you do those quick 1-2-1 button combos on a pad? It's kind of impossible to do with your thumb, you have to rest it on your knee and use your fingers, which is kind of awkward. This game and VF more than any others seem to require the stick for that reason.

How do you do those quick 1-2-1 button combos on a pad? It's kind of impossible to do with your thumb, you have to rest it on your knee and use your fingers, which is kind of awkward. This game and VF more than any others seem to require the stick for that reason.
You can just slide your thumb back and forth and it will read it.

Haeleos

Don't use your thumb.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

This is the best way to play fighters on a pad. Learn it. That's the best advice I have.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Now I have to wonder! How was input latency and such on your end? Did the game speed slow down much?

I'd never use the word perfect for online gaming but it was as close as you can get for me. I personally didn't have any lag with anybody when I got matches going.

And for the game itself. Moving around and blocking are my main weaknesses. I memorize a few dozen moves and combos and work my way from there. Still don't know how to properly do tag stuff but that can wait.

The first three custom slots I made for Kazuya are now showing my custom Angel outfits, and when I select those costumes in Customize, the game freezes.

Anyone seen this before?

MechaX

ah, thanks.

Team is officially Hwoarang/Feng. I'll probably side Eddy to switch with Hwoarang. I'm actually getting used to Hwoarang JFSR, but it'll take awhile before it becomes second nature. Him and Feng are to fun to use.

Good luck with Hwoarang. He seems so fun, but I decided against using him right now, since I would like to get my fundamentals down first, so I think I'll be rolling Anna along with someone easier to use (either Asuka or Lars).

So I pretty much have to relearn Tekken again after not playing it since high school. Can't block lows anymore, free to 10 strings, STILL cannot break throws, and I never really learned to Backdash cancel, properly.

I am having lots of fun with the game though. It's glad to be back with the game that got me into competitive fighting in first place.

SSJ-Luffy

Neo Member
I borrowed the PrimaGuide from a friend, there are some mistakes in the Frame-Data.

Lars d/b+4
Lars f,f+3+4
Alex u/f+4 being i9
Hwoarang's RFS data missing
ect.

Could be typos, so I would correct them with hand. Not that dramatic for me...

And in the Alex Strategy part are Miharu pictures.

8byte

Banned
I borrowed the PrimaGuide from a friend, there are some mistakes in the Frame-Data.

Lars d/b+4
Lars f,f+3+4
Alex u/f+4 being i9
Hwoarang's RFS data missing
ect.

Could be typos, so I would correct them with hand. Not that dramatic for me...

And in the Alex Strategy part are Miharu pictures.

The Prima guide has frame data?!

Top Bottom