• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Hellix

How do you do those quick 1-2-1 button combos on a pad? It's kind of impossible to do with your thumb, you have to rest it on your knee and use your fingers, which is kind of awkward. This game and VF more than any others seem to require the stick for that reason.

Claw grip.
Not my hand.

d3wsh.jpg

Since the previous person who I sent the code to couldn't use it, (wrong region) lets try this again.

I've got what I'm assuming is a code for the DLC characters, Snoop Dogg stage and Swimsuits for the 360 that EBGames sent me by mistake. I don't have a 360, and as such, I have no use for it, so I'll PM it to the first person that quotes this post.

I'm not that familiar with the 360 digital store so I apologize if this code doesn't work, all I've got is what they've sent me.

Note: This DLC code is for the North American region.

Since the previous person who I sent the code to couldn't use it, (wrong region) lets try this again.

I've got what I'm assuming is a code for the DLC characters, Snoop Dogg stage and Swimsuits for the 360 that EBGames sent me by mistake. I don't have a 360, and as such, I have no use for it, so I'll PM it to the first person that quotes this post.

I'm not that familiar with the 360 digital store so I apologize if this code doesn't work, all I've got is what they've sent me.

Note: This DLC code is for the North American region.
Me...?

LowParry

After staying up till 7AM this morning trying to figure out Kadey's connection issue and running some player matches, I'm ready for some more TTT2 later after dinner! Huzzah!

Uthred

Not saying it isnt a problem, but the comparison seems a little flawed. Xiayou is clearly taller than Kuni, I doubt the developers never noticed.

Yup it's probably intentional, someone should post it on harada's twitter lol

would be an odd intention to break the rules of the game? :D like suddenly giving some character the ability to block lows while standing or making basic attacks 5 frames instead of 10.

does kunimitsu even have any handicaps to balance this out?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
would be an odd intention to break the rules of the game? :D like suddenly giving some character the ability to block lows while standing or making basic attacks 5 frames instead of 10.

No it's not odd, characters have stances that prevent certain moves from hitting as well. Basicly any upper hitting mid will miss for the most part. All of both ogre's mids hit her as they all hit a low area. *woops my bad his shoulder ram upwards doesnt hit but that's not a big deal*

does kunimitsu even have any handicaps to balance this out?
Shitty solo damage. But for the most part straight up balance hasn't been a strong part of tekken, the game goes for the everyone has some bullshit mentality and thats pretty much what you gotta aim for when a roster gets this big.

Onemic

Not saying it isnt a problem, but the comparison seems a little flawed. Xiayou is clearly taller than Kuni, I doubt the developers never noticed.

Doesn't that make her essentially broken though or at the very least up there with the mishimas as best in the game? She can just crouch all day and nothing will hit her except other lows.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Doesn't that make her essentially broken though or at the very least up there with the mishimas as best in the game? She can just crouch all day and nothing will hit her except other lows.

False, tons of mids hit her. Not every mid wiffs. The only DLC character that could be considered on the level of DJ, kaz, and hei is angel. And well shit she's a mishima too

Uthred

ah, that video makes it seem like almost all mids straight up whiff against her when she's crouching.

It seems to be only really "high-mids" that are missing, which gives her an edge on a few characters but by itself doesnt merit her rocketing to top tier. Though to be honest arent the tiers fairly compressed in this game so who really cares?

Doomshine

So just dont use those moves vs her and figure out the match up? It's like crying about eddy or lei or zafina

Having to go into a stance that comes with its own advantages and disadvantages is not the same as crouching. Mids hit crouching opponents, that's what the game tells you, it's one of the basic rules of the game.

Tain

Just got this today, have barely played Tekken, getting my ass completely trampled online.

this game is the most foreign shit ever, my god

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I think I maybe ready for online, I'm like 13th dan on Jun & Lei
And ghost are getting pretty easy even on Solo
Just wished the unlocks was more for the character I'm playing with
Add me guys if ya want, I don't mind having my ass kicked if I ain't doing anything
PSN: oANUBISo
No mic sorry

Seijuro

Just got this today, have barely played Tekken, getting my ass completely trampled online.

The guides in the OT (avoidingthepuddle and level up your game) did wonders for me. Check them out, learn to move, when to block, when to punish. combos, unique moves etc are secondary.

DSix

Banned

Don't play online right off the bat. Here's what to do in order:

-Finish fight lab
-Do some easy Arcade mode to get a feel for a character you'd like (pick just one at first).
-Go to practice to learn his/her movelist (you wont retain every move, that's okay, only a few that seem most useful are needed first)
-Don't forget to watch the tutorial videos in the OP to get a hold of the more advanced stuff.
-Go to ghost battle and try your learnings here, return to practice to see what more you can do (eventually search online/buy the prima guide for character specific help), rinse and repeat until you got a nice feel of your character and stomp some ghost faces.
-Once you feel confident about all of that, go online and get your ass handed to you, learn by losing/winning and become a badass tekken player.

Onemic

man, Hwoarangs JFSR is hard as fuck to pull of consistently. I get it maybe 1 every 8 or so tries. Sometimes I get really lucky and I get it 3-5 times in a row, but then it goes back to me getting it once every 8 - 15 tries.

Top Bottom