• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Sayah showing no respect using his D teams on me haha. It may take years but one day I will defeat you.

Before I joined the lobby I was playing this really good Bruce/Leo player by the name of Wafflepop. The dude had absolutely insane whiff punishment.

Esura

Banned
Is backdash canceling really necessary to get average at this game? It has to be one of the most awkward thing I've ever did with a dpad. And I thought doing TK motions consistently were hard.

AAK

After playing Pad again.... I personally feel movement is 10x easier using the DS's D-pad. Damn. But once I get my stick fixed I'm going back to it definitely. My thumb is crazy numb and I feel the skin peeling off! Wavedashing on a pad is physically pretty demanding. All that abrasion on the skin! My hats off to any Mishima player on Pad.

GG's everyone!

Is backdash canceling really necessary to get average at this game? It has to be one of the most awkward thing I've ever did with a dpad. And I thought doing TK motions consistently were hard.

Yeah, IMO movement and proper wakeup are the 2 most important things in Tekken.

Esura

Banned
After playing Pad again.... I personally feel movement is 10x easier using the DS's D-pad. Damn. But once I get my stick fixed I'm going back to it definitely. My thumb is crazy numb and I feel the skin peeling off! Wavedashing on a pad is physically pretty demanding. All that abrasion on the skin! My hats off to any Mishima player on Pad.

GG's everyone!

Yeah, IMO movement and proper wakeup are the 2 most important things in Tekken.

Those two I think I have the most issues with. This one guy I played who played a masterful (in my eyes) Jun and Asuka and I had no clue what to do. Every time I woke up I ate damaging combos, he read my moves like a psychic and blocked all of it (thus perfected), and I had no way to get away from his attacks whereas his character was twitching backwards (I assume that's canceling) at an alarming speed from my moves. That was some eye opening stuff.

Is there an easier way to backdash cancel? Cause when I try to do it my Jun keep side stepping.

Oh, and how are you getting your thumbs roughed up like that?

roxen91

I reeeeaaaally like that tag assault combo you pulled with Angel and Jun.

I think I know which one you are talking about but I have an even better one that does about 94 damage. I just cant pull it off online as I'm to scared to attempt ewgf's.

edit: oh crap I went to let my dogs out and came back to see my ps3 was shut off. The power cord was loose.

Esura

Banned
What does the E in EWGF stand for anyways? I figure the WGF stands for wind god fist because of the Knock em down song.

Well, I changed my settings to "no restrictions" on both and I've been able to find some matches with 1 or 0 bars. Is nobody in Australia playing this? :/

1st kyu now, one win away from being over and done with this mode. Was winning against a Jin/Devil Jin team. Then DJ starts spamming lazers. >_> Haven't been able to find a match in the 15 minutes since.

Edit: Hallelujah 1st Dan! Now I can go back to actually enjoying the game.

Nyx

FFS!

Package arrived today, and guess what ? It's the PS3 version while I ordered the 360 version.

Me and TTT2, not a good marriage so far, and I haven't even been able to play yet!!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Bah, I need some references.

Anybody know who are the leading asuka/jun players for the game? Doesn't necessarily have to be this combo.

Varth

How do you get S on Combot trials? is it related to the "special bonus" mentioned in the final grades? I keep getting 0 and still don't know what is it.

How do you get S on Combot trials? is it related to the "special bonus" mentioned in the final grades? I keep getting 0 and still don't know what is it.

Note: I may be incorrect. And the stages may be the wrong way around. :p

STAGE 1 (Movement): Avoid hitting any bombs. Beat each of the three levels quickly and keep your damage taken to less than 5%. The special bonus is probably from not hitting bombs, although I'm unsure.

STAGE 2 (Attacks): Beat it quickly, avoid taking damage. Remember to block versus the third Jack! IIRC getting the right height/property many times in a row will help with special bonus. Also try multiple moves for each (eg, when they ask for a high punch, try both 1 and 2.) Kazuya's df+2 is really useful for this because it's fast, mid and tracking.

STAGE 3 (Punishment?): Beat it quickly, avoid taking damage. Get Feng's b+1 for easy punishment of certain moves. WR+4 is your go-to button for beating the two hit mid/low string. If you walk backwards whilst blocking the AI will occasionally whiff the hopkick, you can punish this much more easily. The last Mokujin can be a pain due to throwing. The trick is to stay out of his throw range. Punish a lot of stuff in a row and that should help you with special bonuses. If that doesn't work, try punishing with different things. Oh, and remember that, as normal for Tekken, if you don't hold a direction or press a button the game will auto-block highs and mids. Finally, there's one punch-punch string that the 3rd Mokujin does that will leave you in a crouch state when you block it, so like the mid punch-low kick string, use WR+4 for an easy punish.

STAGE 4 (Combos?): Beat it quickly, avoid taking damage. THIS IS IMPORTANT: Multiple bound moves, multiple launchers, multiple fillers. There's two easy bound strings you'll want, 1 2 1+2 and 2 1 1+2. Mess around, find lots of things to hit your opponents with during juggles, and you can get lots of special bonus points. The first guy will always roll backwards, throw a pizza as his first action, so you can just dash and sidestep, launch and combo. If you're smart you can do a 100% combo to the first guy.

STAGE 5: Beat it quickly, avoid taking damage. I'm not sure as to what gets you special bonuses on this stage, although it's probably doing lots of tag buffered launcher and using lots of bounds.

If you're just in it for busted Combot moves, your go-to should be finishing Stage 5 to S. You get Phoenix Buster and WGF. Combot can electric a WGF, just like the Mishimas. Once you have Phoenix Buster, certain other moves reduce in usefulness. This includes Bryan's ff2 which you get from S-Ranking... err... stage 2?

Unfortunately, you can't use Combot online as far as I know. You can troll your friends with EWGF-filler-bound-Phoenix Buster combos though, which can do stupid damage.

Uthred

Well as far as a 3D fighter is concerned being able to bypass mids while crouching goes against the entire system. It's a huge advantage for any character to completely bypass a system mechanic.

Kuni cant completely bypass mids. She can bypass some mids.

Varth

Note: I may be incorrect. And the stages may be the wrong way around. :p

STAGE 1 (Movement): Avoid hitting any bombs. Beat each of the three levels quickly and keep your damage taken to less than 5%. The special bonus is probably from not hitting bombs, although I'm unsure.

STAGE 2 (Attacks): Beat it quickly, avoid taking damage. Remember to block versus the third Jack! IIRC getting the right height/property many times in a row will help with special bonus. Also try multiple moves for each (eg, when they ask for a high punch, try both 1 and 2.) Kazuya's df+2 is really useful for this because it's fast, mid and tracking.

STAGE 3 (Punishment?): Beat it quickly, avoid taking damage. Get Feng's b+1 for easy punishment of certain moves. WR+4 is your go-to button for beating the two hit mid/low string. If you walk backwards whilst blocking the AI will occasionally whiff the hopkick, you can punish this much more easily. The last Mokujin can be a pain due to throwing. The trick is to stay out of his throw range. Punish a lot of stuff in a row and that should help you with special bonuses. If that doesn't work, try punishing with different things. Oh, and remember that, as normal for Tekken, if you don't hold a direction or press a button the game will auto-block highs and mids. Finally, there's one punch-punch string that the 3rd Mokujin does that will leave you in a crouch state when you block it, so like the mid punch-low kick string, use WR+4 for an easy punish.

STAGE 4 (Combos?): Beat it quickly, avoid taking damage. THIS IS IMPORTANT: Multiple bound moves, multiple launchers, multiple fillers. There's two easy bound strings you'll want, 1 2 1+2 and 2 1 1+2. Mess around, find lots of things to hit your opponents with during juggles, and you can get lots of special bonus points. The first guy will always roll backwards, throw a pizza as his first action, so you can just dash and sidestep, launch and combo. If you're smart you can do a 100% combo to the first guy.

STAGE 5: Beat it quickly, avoid taking damage. I'm not sure as to what gets you special bonuses on this stage, although it's probably doing lots of tag buffered launcher and using lots of bounds.

If you're just in it for busted Combot moves, your go-to should be finishing Stage 5 to S. You get Phoenix Buster and WGF. Combot can electric a WGF, just like the Mishimas. Once you have Phoenix Buster, certain other moves reduce in usefulness. This includes Bryan's ff2 which you get from S-Ranking... err... stage 2?

Unfortunately, you can't use Combot online as far as I know. You can troll your friends with EWGF-filler-bound-Phoenix Buster combos though, which can do stupid damage.

Whoa, thanks!

Only doing this to complete the Lab mode, anyway. Hate mimic characters.

Degen

ohhhhh you're right! cool, now I can hate the game in peace. good lookin out :)

also, today is the day I learn something better than two df+2,1's and a df+3,1 for Jinpachi's juggle. From this day forward, he will win with effort

Vodh

Traded in my copy of ttt2... For the "We Are Tekken" edition - they still have it in stock in some GAME stores in Edinburgh. This means two things: I've got a spare online pass, and I still have no preorder DLC characters :(((

But the artbook is beautiful, same goes for the soundtrack.

Meantime

Online seems really flaky today. Constantly getting booted from player match lobbies, and ranked is taking 15+ minutes to find a game. Meh.

Top Bottom