• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

zlatko

Banned
ughhh still need to start this up asap to see if the code gunloc gave me works

tFa3A.jpg

Excellent! Now I just need to go to the request an avatar thread. Thank you. :D

Vodh

Is there a way to reset all customization options and delete all customized characters from their slot? In a way, just reset to factory settings... The load times for characters are seriously bugging me and I don't even want to change their default looks that much...

Pachimari

Alright. So even though I'm getting the promotional copy of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for free, I went and bought my pre-order of We Are Tekken edition on launch day.

And now I just placed an order for the Prima strategy guide to support LUYG and the guys, as well as a Hori Pro V3 arcade stick.

Hopefully I won't regret...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NffwfXfvZc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This bad quality video was taken from a match against Sayah and I last week (the only impressive thing I've done so far). Re-watching the replay (to help better myself against his Williamses lol) and remembered the combo. As I mention in my description, that wasn't my intended ender. That time, a botched input worked in my favor.

Another time in T6, backdashing to b+1+2 with Yoshi ended up being b,b+1+2 but it hit so yay.

By the way, I don't look up combos. I like finding my own. That said, how the hell should I write a bound combo? I've been writing Char A- notations *Char B- notations* Char A- notations.

For instance, the video's combo is: Yoshi- b+2,1, 1,1* Kuni- f,f,n b+4,3* Yoshi- 1+2, 1+2

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Preordered from Zavvi in the UK months ago, waited four days after release for it to arrive and still no exclusive DLC codes, making the whole point of preordering with them completely null.

Never again.

panda21

Preordered from Zavvi in the UK months ago, waited four days after release for it to arrive and still no exclusive DLC codes, making the whole point of preordering with them completely null.

Never again.

weird, I had to wait a while for it to arrive but they sent the DLC code on thursday

the email title is a bit weird, might be worth checking incase you missed it. the email is 'Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Update'

Esura

Banned
Lili is freakin' tall. She towers over Jun...

Does the game go to 2xAA on the PS3 if motion blur is turned off?

Lili seems to be the tallest female in the game.

And I have no clue personally. I never knew what happened if motion blur is turned off so I'm actually curious myself now.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
FFS!

Package arrived today, and guess what ? It's the PS3 version while I ordered the 360 version.

Me and TTT2, not a good marriage so far, and I haven't even been able to play yet!!

You got a PS3? if so you got the better version anyway according to the comparisons websites
so no harm done :)

AAK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NffwfXfvZc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This bad quality video was taken from a match against Sayah and I last week (the only impressive thing I've done so far). Re-watching the replay (to help better myself against his Williamses lol) and remembered the combo. As I mention in my description, that wasn't my intended ender. That time, a botched input worked in my favor.

Another time in T6, backdashing to b+1+2 with Yoshi ended up being b,b+1+2 but it hit so yay.

By the way, I don't look up combos. I like finding my own. That said, how the hell should I write a bound combo? I've been writing Char A- notations *Char B- notations* Char A- notations.

For instance, the video's combo is: Yoshi- b+2,1, 1,1* Kuni- f,f,n b+4,3* Yoshi- 1+2, 1+2

In Tekken 6 you'd write something for Yoshi: u/f+3, b+1,1 1, b+2,1 W! f+1+2 B! b+2,1. You would signify in your notation where you hit them at the wall and when the bound takes place.

I guess there really hasn't been a widespread convention for TTT2 yet... but here is an example for your case:

[Yoshi/Kuni] b+2,1 1,1~5 TA! |f,f,n b+4,3| 1+2, 1+2

At least in that you say when you inputted the tag button and the TA! clause after hence it's explanatory a Tag Assault is taking place. I just put the separators inside Kuni's inputs but it can definitely be anything to distinct her from Yoshi such as square brackets, squiggly brackets, etc.

KerryFigs

Neo Member
So fellas.. Any of you tournament players? If so, I need some questions answered for a couple of reason. I'm a tournament organizer for my local area and I wanted to get opinions on certain issues of the game.

1.) How do you feel about Solo play? Should it be banned?
2.) Kunimitsu's mids bug. Do you ban her? This also goes for A. Ogre Infinite Kick Infinite. Does he get banned as well?

AAK

So fellas.. Any of you tournament players? If so, I need some questions answered for a couple of reason. I'm a tournament organizer for my local area and I wanted to get opinions on certain issues of the game.

1.) How do you feel about Solo play? Should it banned?
2.) Kunimitsu's mids bug. Do you ban her? This also goes for A. Ogre Infinite Kick Infinite. Does he get banned as well?

1) Solo play should definitely not be banned yet. Out of all the tournaments that ran it, none of them proved it was broken. They all had tag teams prevailing.

2) Kunimitsu is a tough one, She specifically destroys King for free now... so it is slightly justified to ban her. But her glitch didn't apply for most of the other characters. As for Ancient Ogre, Make a specific ban on the infinite IMO. If I was a TO, and someone gets in a position to pull off AO's infinite, only allow them to do the first kick following the mid option of the mixup, anymore and they should automoatically lose the match.

1.) How do you feel about Solo play? Should it banned?

1. Solo play is fine. The options that a team gives you seems to be more advantageous than the added power of solo.
2. All of the DLC characters should be banned until they become generally available. I think it's supposed to be 3 months from now. Should give them time to patch.

In Tekken 6 you'd write something for Yoshi: u/f+3, b+1,1 1, b+2,1 W! f+1+2 B! b+2,1. You would signify in your notation where you hit them at the wall and when the bound takes place.

I guess there really hasn't been a widespread convention for TTT2 yet... but here is an example for your case:

[Yoshi/Kuni] b+2,1 1,1~5 TA! |f,f,n b+4,3| 1+2, 1+2

At least in that you say when you inputted the tag button and the TA! clause after hence it's explanatory a Tag Assault is taking place. I just put the separators inside Kuni's inputs but it can definitely be anything to distinct her from Yoshi such as square brackets, squiggly brackets, etc.

Neat. Thanks. I guess in my own personal notes, I know that the first * represents tag assault/bound/character switch and the second being the switch back. I never focused on T6 and the bound system so knowing that is helpful. I will write it that way from now on.

Uthred

1.) How do you feel about Solo play? Should it be banned?

If Solo play is good enough for SBO there is no reason it should be banned anywhere else. There was only one Solo player in the Top 8, its clearly not unbalanced.

Ferrio

Banned
So are combos garunteed after a wall splat? Or does it matter how high the splat is? I'll carry people to the wall at the end of the combo, but there's not enough time to throw out a bound before they recover.

Dereck

So are combos garunteed after a wall splat? Or does it matter how high the splat is? I'll carry people to the wall at the end of the combo, but there's not enough time to throw out a bound before they recover.
Depends on if you're fast enough to bound the opponent before they recover.

Doomshine

They can't be too low on the wall if you want to get a bound. You need to judge the distance to the wall and figure out if you can save your bound for the wall or if you need to use it earlier.

panda21

damn this game is a lot of fun :)

it feels like a really complete package and has the nice little features like good command list display in the practice mode, ghosts and training and stuff.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Is there anyway to quickly/easily find out the customs you unlock when you win them in ghost battles? They're for the characters you're playing with, right?

zlatko

Banned
I'm going to stay up absurdly late tonight playing this.

Going to learn 1 combo for the 3 characters I like the most: Steve, Paul, and Bob.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
ohhhhh you're right! cool, now I can hate the game in peace. good lookin out :)

haha I would of mentioned otherwise. Like I said pretty much the only good thing to come from it was ogre's theme. Which sucked cause well you could only hear it in arcade mode... capcom is so stupid sometimes

hawt

I still can't make a WTF account... no matter what I input for the nickname option I get:

Meh beggars can't be choosers, I'm happy with the package I have regardless.
Do you know if you've already made an account? I tried making an account last week and it turned out that I had already made one for the email address I was trying to use.

Makoto

I have one of these

http://www.iplayplaystation.com/wp-content/uploads/hori-real-arcade-pro-3.jpg[IMG]

and yet I'm infinetly more comfortable with these

[IMG]http://snapgoods.com/media/thumb/id/1002547/w/650/h/0/f/0/hh/ecc797fca1610195f6c7334f2b179e0e[IMG]

Can someone please make me feel less weird.[/QUOTE]
Having used a pad since release day, I've found the rate at which one has to input combos to be surprisingly fast. In training mode my input is fine but in a match, when my attention is divided on many different things, I forget how fast I have to press buttons and I screw up my inputs.

My mind keeps telling me to use a stick for TTT2. I may have to consider one.

Edit: Also, I don't think using my thumb for the right side of the pad is an efficient method. Whenever I do see instances of pad players, it almost always means that they play claw style. But there's no way I'm using that method.

It means the 0-5 bar shit is broken and not accurate.

What is going on? This system has been acting up for the past 48 hrs all my matches show up as 0 to 1 bar. I hope someone will address this with an official statement. I haven't seen a two bar connection in over two days.

How do you get S rank in stage 3 of Fight Lab? I'm blocking and punishing everything, I'm breaking the throws, and I'm even getting the giant swing in the orange zone of the meter and still can only get an A.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I've created the Xbox 360 version of the 500 Errors team for Xbox Live GAF members. Plz PM me your WTF username and I'll send out invites when I am online.

Jucksalbe

Banned
So, basically all a team does is group the XP of a bunch of people together (and identify them as a member of a team in the loading screen)?
I thought you could do a little bit more with it, like maybe easily create lobbies for the team, better see what other team members are doing, maybe even the option to spectate. Something more to build a community.
It's better than nothing, I guess. Also, I secured another victory for our team! Yes, one!

Btw, my player card updated instantly this time, so maybe it's getting better.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
We got teams??

Less work for me yay.

Two so far, Error 500 on the PSN and XBL sides of the fence.

So, basically all a team does is group the XP of a bunch of people together (and identify them as a member of a team in the loading screen)?
I thought you could do a little bit more with it, like maybe easily create lobbies for the team, better see what other team members are doing, maybe even the option to spectate. Something more to build a community.
It's better than nothing, I guess. Also, I secured another victory for our team! Yes, one!

Btw, my player card updated instantly this time, so maybe it's getting better.

I agree it's ripe for more features. Tho I suppose having private team forums could come in handy at some point.

Top Bottom