• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Today's invites for Error 500 XBL are sent out on WTF.

LOL got my first win in ranked last night with Leo and Heihachi. Sucked hard for the first 2 days but that's okay; a lot of the matches were very close, don't feel too bad about that.

I'm not really finding the game too hard to pick up at all. But it does seem that its harsh bit is being overwhelmed by mix-ups until you adjust to defending Tekken style.

AAK

If only you knew. (I don't think Sayah follows the FGC. Doesn't seem to know anything.)

He used to mute Aris's commentary during Electric Wind God Fridays just because he said it was distracting from the gameplay LOL. He's all about the game, screw the drama. Maybe that's one reason he owns everyone.

zlatko

Banned
Still not sure what my team is going to be. I like a lot of characters in the game.

Bob
Steve
Bryan
Paul
Baek
Lee
Lars
Armor King
Kazuya

I think that's all of them. I've mainly been using Steve/Paul, but I may drop Paul or Steve for Bob.

Varth

A friend just called me raging about the online pass. Is he mistaking the DLC code for an online pass or I didn't notice the online pass in my debug PS3 code?

AAK

Another question...what's the fastest way to rank up in offline mode?

Get a controller/stick with turbo function. Pick Baek & whatever partner you want to level up. Record his kicks on the turbo function. Mostly X (left kick). Leave your PS3/360 on in ghost battle. Go to sleep. You'll be many ranks up and at least 25 million richer by the time you wake up.

Does it lock online versus completely or limits access in some form?

Yeah, once you press X on the online tab it asks you to input the online pass.

zlatko

Banned
Question about the WTF syncing. I came home last night and wrote down my online code before I went to bed and emailed it to myself. This morning I went to wtf to put it in and it says it isn't valid. I double checked before I emailed it, so is it a thing where the code will expire after a set amount of time or did I just in fact write it down wrong?

AAK

Question about the WTF syncing. I came home last night and wrote down my online code before I went to bed and emailed it to myself. This morning I went to wtf to put it in and it says it isn't valid. I double checked before I emailed it, so is it a thing where the code will expire after a set amount of time or did I just in fact write it down wrong?

Don't you just put your PSN or Gamertag and it automatically syncs your account to WTF?

8byte

Banned
Thanks boutdown and AAK! I'm running through Ghost Mode now, just takes a lot longer than I thought it would, lol. I have it set to 1 round and easy to try to speed it up.

Also, you don't need any online code for WTF, as far as I know. I didn't need one.

zlatko

Banned
Don't you just put your PSN or Gamertag and it automatically syncs your account to WTF?

When I go to do my Xbox tag on there, it wants a pass code you can only get from the online menu of the game to sync it up.

Also, random question, but I thought you could change the color of the health bars in this game from pre release stuff. I looked through options last night but couldn't find where to do it. Did this get scrapped? :(

Dereck

Thanks boutdown and AAK! I'm running through Ghost Mode now, just takes a lot longer than I thought it would, lol. I have it set to 1 round and easy to try to speed it up.

Also, you don't need any online code for WTF, as far as I know. I didn't need one.
Try to go for opponents who are closer to your rank.

Dereck

so not higher then?
Not sure, I play 50 Ghost Battles every time I play, and I notice that people who are either around your same rank like say you're 11 dan and you're fighting 11-15 dans, you'll rank up. It's also a bit off since my tag team are about 6 dans apart, so we either rank up together or separately.

All tekkens 5 and up I always play ghost mode on regular settings all the way through then play it on one round after... In fact I was the first guy to write a ghost mode name FAQ for gamefaqs Tekken 5 as well as legitimately play all the characters to Tekken Lord and upload my save online >_<

Geeze I had a lot of time back then.

STG

man I hate that when you are on a closed connection (NAT3), the game does not show any connection quality bars, that really sucks

I am always in fear before a match starts how laggy it will be, would help if I could set a filter for only searching in Europe in the ranked menu

Caj814

Ah you're making a TTT2 video? Good shit! Do you know which characters you're using yet?

Yeah if time permits lol. I'm trying to learn the new stuff Jaycee and Michelle has right now since I've always been Team Elbow since I first started playing Tekken but for the CMV I am learning a bit of everything each character has to offer.

GrayFoxPL

Quick question, how do you do devil jin and jin's special tag where they transform into each other?

DEATH&#8482;;42255069 said:
@CSX ub+1+2

ub+1+2 is Jin's unblockable so it's not it. I don't know what it is.

About Jin/Devil special tag combo("Great") it's:
Jin Omen stance B+1+2 hold back 1,4 or 1,1,4 then
1+2~5, 2~u, 3, 2

What do you guys think of a Feng / Jun team? Should be easier to learn, right? :p

http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/psn/luminus-x

Feng's easy, Jun is complicated, not recommended for beginners.

Ok, I'm trying Devil Jin, but I just can't get the time to conect WS+2 into f,F+3,1 (like in one of his example combos), any tips?

Use jab to hold opponent in the air for longer to make sure ff3,1 will hit. Ws+2, 1, ff3,1.

Ff3,1~ff, 2, df+1+2 bound is funny even Koreans can wiff it.

I'm sorry everyone who msg me on psn. I couldn't use ps button and couldn't answer. Noticed theres no "confirm invitations" in game menu - smh.

CSX

My respect for my University just increased ten fold. Today's newspaper got an article dedicated to TTT2 :)

Might upload pics later

Mileena

Banned
Still not sure what my team is going to be. I like a lot of characters in the game.

Bob
Steve
Bryan
Paul
Baek
Lee
Lars
Armor King
Kazuya

I think that's all of them. I've mainly been using Steve/Paul, but I may drop Paul or Steve for Bob.
Bob works so good with Steve/Paul/Bryan. You can't go wrong with any. Bob/Paul is definitely my favorite

Ferrio

Banned
I'd like to be added too:

http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/ps3/lyteedge2

I wish I could play you Ferrio...Q too. You guys are on my other PSN account friends list and whenever I try sending you friend requests on my lyteedge2 account neither of you respond. :(

I haven't seen any invites from lyteedge2, try again? Or I can send you an invite, it's "lyteedge2" ?

Kuni has such butt easy combos, compared to leo which I get all "Wtf do I do now" when I switch to her. I just don't flow very well with her, not so much with Kuni either... but I don't know how to apply pressure with either.

Xater

Man I still suck at Tekken bu I have a lot of fun with the game anyway. Currently I think my favorite character is Leo. Was easy enough to get into. I am still not sure who my second character should be. I am thinking about Nina, Bob and Dragunov.

Do we have some Tekken scrubs who want to play? It's not that fun to get mercilessly beaten online.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I haven't seen any invites from lyteedge2, try again? Or I can send you an invite, it's "lyteedge2" ?

Yeah, lyteedge2.

I sent you messages months and months ago for some other game. But cool, will be nice to have you back on the account I now pretty much use for fighting games. I think all that's left on my original account are Persona 4 Arena and Soul Calibur V.

Got my game today.
i love it.
The custom options are very nice but im not sure about money..
I suppose ghost battle is the way to go ?

Yep, grind ghost battles for money, and when you choose to fight an opponent highlighted in gold, you will get an unlock (or two, or three...) when you win.

Doomshine

Am I the only one getting slowdown on certain stages? Specifically the second floor (or bottom floor depending on how you look at it) of Hall of Judgement, Phillipines and the Flamenco stage seem to do this. It usually happens by the wall or when someone gets slammed to the ground.

Ps3 version.

Top Bottom