• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

hawt

I tried... with a bunch of passwords. None of them worked. If what you said may be the case then I hope they add a forgot password safety in the future.
There should be one...at least one shows up on my screen when I go to http://wtf.tekken.com/register and click on the "LOGIN" button at the top right.

ScreenShot2012-09-17at112538PM-1.jpg

Nyx

Bought the game elsewhere last night, and finally was able to play for 3 hours.

Loving it, it looks very crisp, plays smoothly, and the netcode seems to be excellent.

Now to learn how 2 play though, starting out with Kunimitsu and Zafina.

Ferrio

Banned
So what's the point of teams? is it just an online group for the game? I'd like to play with other gaffers, but with no online room setup it's kinda difficult.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So what's the point of teams? is it just an online group for the game? I'd like to play with other gaffers, but with no online room setup it's kinda difficult.

Err, there is?

Just create a player match session.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Dereck

we lost another one..
I would have to say that the double Law team in my opinion is a little bland. I know Law's entire movelist and it seems that he doesn't have much to put on the table.

My Forest/Miguel team keeps things interesting but seriously, for whatever reason I can't use the Law/Law team without feeling like a douche, so I stopped using this team.

Nyx

The people who keep playing online even though they lose a lot, kudos to you.

I know that feel.

If I wouldn't play online if I lose a lot, I would skip most online games. :D

As long as I'm having fun and have the feeling that I at least had a chance, losing doesn't bother me.

Went on ranked for the first time last night. Lost 2 then won 2. I kind of like my 50% win ratio but no doubt it'll go down as I play more matches. But I dont care as I still enjoy the game even if I lose. And part of me wants to get beaten badly now so that I learn important lessons rather than get easy wins at the start then get destroyed at higher ranks.

Doomshine

This game's online trolls me so fucking hard. I'm pressing the "hurry and get in here" tag thing but Kuni just gets up and grabs at the air two or three times.

If you know for sure you want to do a tag crash you can hold the buttons down before you land, or if you want to wait and see you can just hold down one button down and press the other when you want.

Did tekken 6 get rid of the quick get up? I dont ever remember having issues getting off the ground in t5. The delay on getting up no matter what is annoying as hell now

Before it was just, tap up and bam you are up and able to block. Now no mater how long you are down it seems there is this shitty rise animation

I don't know if it's changed, but unless you are doing a tech roll you can always be hit as you're getting up, just like in T6.

So is 500 errors the gaf team? Can I get an invite?

http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/psn/doomshine

Lumine

Finally went online last night. Games were very smooth, all 5 bars except for one 4 bar. Got my ass kicked, lost 6 out of 8 matches, though most of them were pretty close. I really have to work on my wake-ups, juggles and punishers. I had hoped I'd do a little better after losing less than a handful of matches in ghost battle after about a 100 but I should've known better. :p Perhaps I should switch mains after all, I just said fuck it and settled on Heihachi / Leo, but I still can't pull off EWGF and I can't launch and juggle properly with Leo either. At least I can put on some pressure with both character I suppose, but I'm thinking of trying easier characters. What do you guys think of a Feng / Jun team? Should be easier to learn, right? :p

http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/psn/luminus-x

Nyx

As I do like winning from time to time, any pointers for Kunimitsu and Zafina are appreciated.

I mean, are these hard to learn chars ?
Do they ''sync'' together nicely?
Any BnB combo's ? Most important specials?

Thanks in advance!

danmaku

I agree if you're going to be doing over 60-70 percent damage. What I don't get is people who get a launch in the beginning of the round and go for a TA. I played two players in particular (both pretty good) several times and they both basically gifted me rage for the entire match. Im not sure if some people know what happens when you TA or maybe they just dont care.

Speaking of TA, is it possible to do it any time you want? AAK's tutorial says that it consumes your support character's netsu and red life, but what if my support character doesn't have them? Can I still TA or not?

Hopped online for 2 days straight, first day had a 8 win - 8 losses. Last night, won my first match then proceeded to go and lose 19 times in a row. I guess the game felt so sorry for me that I was getting lucky boxes after every match and on the final match it even gave me 10 boxes lol.

Doomshine

Speaking of TA, is it possible to do it any time you want? AAK's tutorial says that it consumes your support character's netsu and red life, but what if my support character doesn't have them? Can I still TA or not?

It's just a side effect of using TA, it doesn't require netsu or red life.

I'm pretty sure the only action that you can't perform without meter/netsu/rage is Tag Crash.

Ok, I'm trying Devil Jin, but I just can't get the time to conect WS+2 into f,F+3,1 (like in one of his example combos), any tips?

Just tested this, but make sure the second forward is being inputted as soon as the training dummy's head hits the ground. Alternatively, you can turn on Hit Analysis to help you get the timing right. Your character turning blue shows you the length of the attack animation, so input the next attack when the blue ends. The timing is really tight though, so you may feel you have to input it a hair earlier.

Doomshine

Just tested this, but make sure the second forward is being inputted as soon as the training dummy's head hits the ground. Alternatively, you can turn on Hit Analysis to help you get the timing right. Your character turning blue shows you the length of the attack animation, so input the next attack when the blue ends. The timing is really tight though, so you may feel you have to input it a hair earlier.

You should be able to start inputting the ff just before your ws2 animation ends, the buffer window is really small if you're used to SCV or VF.

Horseress

Thanks a LOT! I'll try this when I get home, didn't knew you can buffer the first forward while doing ws+2

8byte

Banned
So does anyone know if you unlock more team emblems and what not as you level up? Surely Namco can't think only having a (very) small handful of emblems is kosher? Especially when 3 of them are essentially the same, lol.

Edit: Also, looks like there's something wrong with the way it calculates percentages. My team has 100 wins and 66 losses, but somehow our winning percentage is 60, lol.

Top Bottom