• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Esura

Banned
Master Milk, put a banner/logo up or something for the team on the WTF site. Looks weird when I play someone else from another team and they got a badass logo next to their name and I don't. :(

zlatko

Banned
Master Milk, put a banner/logo up or something for the team on the WTF site. Looks weird when I play someone else from another team and they got a badass logo next to their name and I don't. :(

Is he the only one that can invite others to the GAF team? I want to join the illuminati brotherhood. :(

Esura

Banned
Is he the only one that can invite others to the GAF team? I want to join the illuminati brotherhood. :(

Yeah, he is the team leader. I think you have to post your WTF name and he'll send the invite I believe.

GAF team is 500 Errors. Its badass. Dunno if there is a 360 version of 500 Errors though.

EDIT: I thought about making my own team but...it wouldn't go anywhere compared to a bunch of peeps pooling in their points.

zlatko

Banned
Yeah, he is the team leader. I think you have to post your WTF name and he'll send the invite I believe.

GAF team is 500 Errors. Its badass. Dunno if there is a 360 version of 500 Errors though.

Yeah I've posted my WTF name 3 times now in the thread, no invite on WTF.com for it. ; ;

Hellix

So, I noticed there's 3 different hair customization icons next to the head customization icon. They are blocked out though, and I have no idea how to access them. Do you have to do something in the game first?

Doomshine

So, I noticed there's 3 different hair customization icons next to the head customization icon. They are blocked out though, and I have no idea how to access them. Do you have to do something in the game first?

I just realized this while watching Rip's stream, you have to equip a piece of base hair first, THEN you can add more to it. I assume that's what those slots are for.

Buy a hairstyle AND equip it. Then the other hair options will become unlocked in the store so you can purchase them.

He'll see it...I think. Or you could PM him.

The correct answer. I can always see when I have a new PM. I'm not going to scan the thread to see if someone wants to join. This needs to be in the OP, though I doubt many will read it.

I didn't like any of the emblems, which is why I didn't give us one. Someone pick one and I'll change it.

Horseress

Someone has some tips to performing A. Ogre's sample combo 7? I just can't do it, I don't know if I'm not dashing fast enough after bounding...I can't get the post-bounding part

zlatko

Banned
Buy a hairstyle AND equip it. Then the other hair options will become unlocked in the store so you can purchase them.

So if I buy say, a mohawk, then equip it, THEN go to the store, now there is new hair options based off the mohawk itself to pick from that I wouldn't have seen before?

What a loopy ass way to go about it. :/

So if I buy say, a mohawk, then equip it, THEN go to the store, now there is new hair options based off the mohawk itself to pick from that I wouldn't have seen before?

What a loopy ass way to go about it. :/

it's any custom hair, not just mohawk specific options, but yes, something has to be equipped

and i agree, very loopy

alstein

SO I hear this game isn't very welcoming to newcomers, is that true?

I think it's the least welcoming game this gen.

That said, finally got my ranked mode record to .500, quitting ranked mode now.

Asuka/Marduk works kinda well.

I get tired of how super-defensive the game is though.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Ha ha, we only have 4 people in 360's 500 Errors so far, as expected most people seem to be playing on PSN.

Really need to be able to join join teams on both platforms, I think. Since WTF has data consolidation for individual player stats, having teams fragmented feels awkward.

Ah well, if you're on 360, just remember to PM me your WTF user name.

zlatko

Banned
SO I hear this game isn't very welcoming to newcomers, is that true?

I suck at it, and really if you are new to fighters in general you'd probably lose the same amount here as you would in say Street Fighter if it's your first time.

It's an extremely deep game in my opinion. That said, it's helluva lot of fun if you find a similar matched opponent/friend, and you do get a sense of accomplishment when you start peeling back the layers.

Esura

Banned
Master Milk, do this as our emblem.

ZMNHK.png

Is anybody else using Kunimitsu here? I'm changing between Paul (although mainly for his amazing death fist) and Jun (I still only know very basic launchers and it's mostly for the reversals) and can get a 91/93 damage combo, 82/85 combo and a few 70 combos (depending on the launcher, string and partner, Paul does slightly more damage) using them but neither of them seem to compliment her playing style well so I'm hoping somebody else is using her to compare.

Oh and I don't understand how to read the frame data so hopefully somebody can advise. Three launchers I'm trying to learn more about are:
df+2,
df+1,3
f+3, 3, 2 (I hope I didn't get that wrong).

How do I know which of these are safe to use after a block, how quick they are compared to other attacks (I know this is related to the frames but I don't know what's considered good and what the +- means) and if they work as punishers but I'm pretty lost on Tekken Zaibatsu trying to understand what everything actually means.

zlatko

Banned
Master Milk, do this as our emblem.

ZMNHK.png

That's pretty sick. Somewhat close to the GAF logo too in an odd way. What one is being used for the 360 team?

We need more 360 TTT2 GAF to assemble! I could maybe get some real life buddies in it if it would benefit us, just let me know if it's okay to send PMs with their WTF ID's as well.

Ferrio

Banned
The correct answer. I can always see when I have a new PM. I'm not going to scan the thread to see if someone wants to join. This needs to be in the OP, though I doubt many will read it.

I didn't like any of the emblems, which is why I didn't give us one. Someone pick one and I'll change it.

Already sent! Do I have to accept an invite?

zlatko

Banned
I really wish the PS3/360 community could be united for WTF.com teams. That way all of could GAF could contribute.

I would've thought we'd still have a decent sized pool for 360, but it's a bit light. Where are you double dippers who got PS3 and 360 at? :p

mephie

Neo Member
I heard the lipstick only applies to Kunimitsu? I don't have her to know if that's true.

Other characters have items that fall under the lipstick tab. They all seem to be unique items that you get from the gold boxes in ghost battle, and so far none of the ones I've unlocked have been makeup.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I really wish the PS3/360 community could be united for WTF.com teams. That way all of could GAF could contribute.

I would've thought we'd still have a decent sized pool for 360, but it's a bit light. Where are you double dippers who got PS3 and 360 at? :p

The main limitation seems to be that you can only be on one team anyway. Even if you link both your PS3 and 360 games to WTF to dump all your stats there. So for the moment, you must choose whether to be on the 360 or PS3 GAF team.

Would be best if you could join 1 team on each platform, just have a drop down on the site to see the stats of the team you are on for a platform.

GAF360 Lonely Hearts Club.

:/

Top Bottom