• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

There's not much frame data for Kuni right now, I guess big sites don't want problems with Prima, since publishing them would render their guide quite useless. Anyway, frame data isn't really hard to understand. I found this for Kuni's df+1,3:

i13 df1,3 -??/JG/JG *It's safe

This means the move starts in 13 frames (pretty fast, as the fastest moves in the game start in 10 frames*), it leaves you at a disadvantage on block (we still don't know how many frames, but it's listed as -something) and on hit/counter hit it juggles. It says it's safe, so I assume the disadvantage is less than 10 frames. When you find +something it means that you have the advantage, so you can move/attack before your opponent.

As for punishers, you can use every move fast enough to hit the opponent before he can move/block/attack, so if you are at +15, any move that starts in 15 frames or less is ok (though it'll be more difficult to hit your opponent with an i15 move than an i12 move because you'll need to input the move the very first frame you're free to attack!). When you look for punishers, sites usually list the most damaging and/or more reliable moves for punishing, so start from the fastest (they always work!) and proceed to the slowest. Remember that frames aren't everything, range and move pushback is also important, and that's why you may find more than one punisher for the same frame advantage.

*there are exceptions, but don't worry about them for now.

Ok, I just want to say thanks a lot. You've really cleared it up for me and I feel I've a much better understanding of how to read the tables of frame data now.

It's a shame that Kunimitsu's data isn't very well known but I guess it'll come eventually as people test.

Also, Dr. B is looking incredible. I'm slightly annoyed he isn't always in a crouched state but I'm just happy to have his crazyness back so it's an acceptable sacrifice. I am slightly concerned by how powerful Unknown appears to be (summoning the crystals from seemingly any distance) but I'm sure she'll be balanced.

Dereck

Ok, I just want to say thanks a lot. You've really cleared it up for me and I feel I've a much better understanding of how to read the tables of frame data now.

It's a shame that Kunimitsu's data isn't very well known but I guess it'll come eventually as people test.

Also, Dr. B is looking incredible. I'm slightly annoyed he isn't always in a crouched state but I'm just happy to have his crazyness back so it's an acceptable sacrifice. I am slightly concerned by how powerful Unknown appears to be (summoning the crystals from seemingly any distance) but I'm sure she'll be balanced.
Dr. B being in crouch all of the time would make him even more unbalanced. No one likes to fight against Yoda or Gon.

zlatko

Banned
Slim Bob is so mained. I love fat Bob's fight style as it is, but Slim's hoodie outfit is awesome.

May even just do Slim/Fat for my main team! Release them NOW NAMCO! <3

Dat Unknown/Jun throw. Hopefully they have a special transformation tag, same goes for Bob and Slim Bob. Bob drinks a diet shake and gets skinny. Slim Bob eats a burger and gets fat, make it happen Harada.

Ferrio

Banned
Seems most of the people I play in rank, whoever wins is the person abusing low strings the most. Damn tekken has too many gimmicks you have to learn, much more about learning what your opponent can do instead of what you can do.

I used to know all this shit in tekken 3, but that was a long long time ago.

Also, what's the startup on side stepping? I assume it's not instance, so stuff can beat it out? Like quick i11 moves or something.

edit: Found some frame data, question is... at what point are you no long are the same axis...

Code:
From 1st to 11th	No blocking
From 8th to 43rd	Attack input possible
From 24th to 43rd	New motion input possible
At 43rd	End of the side step animation

GrayFoxPL

I think I had a close to 20 losses and 3-5 wins ratio last night. I made it search for only +/-3 opponents only, but it still was finding people fuck out of my league. I felt too often I'd lose to just the stupidest shit. Another player who doesn't know combos, but had one thing that I couldn't adapt to---which is just about every Eddie match for me. Never sure what is a low/high with that character at all, and I just can't get a fucking poke in. Very rage inducing. :p

Still haven't settled on a team, but I really like Bob so he's made the cut. Now I just have to find someone to pair him up with.

Any suggestions?

You should've played against T6 Eddie. Thankfully they nerfed lots of his retarded shit in Tag.

I can't find fitting partner for Lee too. I have a problem with tag combos. If I do more then 3 hits before bound, everything starts to magically whiff in tag.

I tried Lee - Beak and thought it was unsatisfactory but today I played Lee - Jin and it was worse. Funny how I can do decent tag combos when started with Beak or Jin but when I go with Lee shit whiffs like a motherfucker. I get bigger damage by lone Lee combo.

AAK

Aris has put out ANOTHER Backdash cancelling tutorial... and this time with some pretty awesome production values:

Backdash Cancel on the P2 side
Backdash Cancel on the P1 side

@zlatko:

Honestly try solo mode for a little bit until you get your confidence back up. Then learn a 2nd character. Solo mode was made for the very reason you're going through such things. Once you feel you've learned Bob at a rudimentary level, then move on to a 2nd character with the tag mode.

Playing this after a decade of no Tekken is a pretty weird feeling, my mind exploded seeing that Lei has almost 200 moves in his command list now.

Who are the "simplest" characters, ie the ones without a bunch of stances? I've taken a shine to Lili and Marshall Law but want to expand my potential teams.

GrayFoxPL

Playing this after a decade of no Tekken is a pretty weird feeling, my mind exploded seeing that Lei has almost 200 moves in his command list now.

Who are the "simplest" characters, ie the ones without a bunch of stances? I've taken a shine to Lili and Marshall Law but want to expand my potential teams.

I think everyone has stances now maybe except of few like Paul, Kazuya and Ogre.

Pachimari

Slim Bob is so mained. I love fat Bob's fight style as it is, but Slim's hoodie outfit is awesome.

May even just do Slim/Fat for my main team! Release them NOW NAMCO! <3

You see the Jun/Unknown transformation in the video. :)

Unknown balancing is going to be interesting. Dr. B looks awesome and Slim Bob is mained.

It's actually incredible how I always hated Forest Law since Tekken 3 and is now maining him for the first time - just wow.

vocab

Aris has put out ANOTHER Backdash cancelling tutorial... and this time with some pretty awesome production values:

Backdash Cancel on the P1 side

@zlatko:

Honestly try solo mode for a little bit until you get your confidence back up. Then learn a 2nd character. Solo mode was made for the very reason you're going through such things. Once you feel you've learned Bob at a rudimentary level, then move on to a 2nd character with the tag mode.

I watched tutorials on it in T6, and still can't do it.

Dereck

I always loved Marshall. But it's all superficial haha. And I used the wrong word lol, it's not hate, just dislike. It's a videogame character. =p
Just joking.

Back when Tekken 3 came out, I didn't know that Law was a different Law. I kept asking, why do they keep calling him Forest, fuck is that?

I like Forest's moveset more than Marshall's, I play best with Forest. Law overall is awesome though.

rvy

Banned
I think my game is bugged, all my ghost battles give me a lucky box.
KuGsj.gif

Is it safe to assume we will be getting the previous dlc characters in October as well?

wasnt the pre-order characters exclusive for 60 or even 90 days? cant remember. i would not expect any characters before that. And even then, in 2 character drops at a time.

GrayFoxPL

TxSF development stalled because they took all the people to finish TTT2 ports.

Harada said (long time ago) that he wants to show (early) TxSF in 2012, but I wouldn't expect anything until Xmass.

TxSF development stalled because they took all the people to finish TTT2 ports.

Harada said (long time ago) that he wants to show (early) TxSF in 2012, but I wouldn't expect anything until Xmass.

i would not hurry it either, i think it would eat the value of Tag2. its like putting the iPhone5 in stores and then put an iPhone6 teasertrailer online at the same time.

Backdash Cancel on the P1 side.
And this is why I think bdc is harder than a lot of people around here. I've always mained Paul, and since he has a sway I *have* to do it the right way. I never even tried the qcb method until Tag 2 since I was also using Bruce more frequently.

DRE Fei

I really like this World Tekken Federation idea and would like to see it pushed further. The next game needs to have something like this included in the game interface itself kind of like how COD black ops has the combat record.

Pachimari

Just joking.

Back when Tekken 3 came out, I didn't know that Law was a different Law. I kept asking, why do they keep calling him Forest, fuck is that?

I like Forest's moveset more than Marshall's, I play best with Forest. Law overall is awesome though.
Totally agree with this.

I were mostly pissed that he were fatter and didn't have the awesome yellow uniform from Tekken 2 haha.

zlatko

Banned
So how do you guys feel about people who play solo instead of the tag option? I feel like a bit of a scumbag, but I was getting more wins solo Bob, then Bob/Paul or Steve/Bob.

Edit: I'm not doing the invites. It's Kai who is.

Top Bottom