• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

CSX

Degen and everyone else that is trying to invite me to lobbies, sorry.

My internet is being an ass right now :(

I really wanna play yall so bad in mirror matches.

boutdown = forest/miguel mirror

Degen = Bryan/whoever

AAK = Mishimas mirror or AK/mirror

Sayah = maybe over the holiday break ill learn a williams sister :)

I wouldn't mind paying even for more in depth customization... I'll throw a ton of money at this game if Namco gives me good reason to.

Fuck yeah. We have enough free stuff as it is so I'd glady pay for more customizations. I want so much stuff. They should add in outfits from other Namo franchises such as Soul Calibur, Idolm@ster, Tales series etc.

*edit* God damn I am on a tear here! Trying to erase that 2-19 ass whooping at the hands of Naoki. Look at the last 20 matches, straight beasting. This never ever happens to me in any game so I'm sorry for being excited haha.
http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/ps3/devastator_ttt2

Degen

I had no idea that Jaycee's all-black alt had its own "item move"

wonder if any of the other artists' alts do

edit: well the next post sure answered my question lol

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I'm off for the night - please PM GAF xbox team requests, so I sees dem in mah inbox, in the meantime.

kuroshiki

Man. recently revealed sales data for this game is not looking good at all.

and I do understand though. The game is just WAY TOO hardcore for novice players to play.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
wow...high level TTT 2 is really compelling to watch. I hope it won't be a fad in tournaments like all the other fighting games that came out the past few years :(

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
wow...high level TTT 2 is really compelling to watch. I hope it won't be a fad in tournaments like all the other fighting games that came out the past few years :(

I wouldn't think so... Tekken's core following is big and the arcade version of TTT2 has been played for a year now.

SFXT ruined the tekken brand. Game over.
8d3nG.gif

vocab

It's more exciting to watch than T6. TT2 will defintely sustain it self as a game for many years to come. Great netcode goes a long way for a lot of people.

and I do understand though. The game is just WAY TOO hardcore for novice players to play.

Sales of all fighting games have been down. I blame it on Nintendo, we need a SSB game ASAP to save the fighting game genre.

neohwa

irl2FmYhlOfS9.png

Can I get this avatar? If already claimed by another member please let me know thanks!

Also if I'm not mistaken, it's sad that they took away the take a screenshot feature that was in Tekken 6. :( Even limit that to a CAS mode aka SC5 would have been fine.........

CPS2

Just got my copy of the game, was able to get the online pass code to work, but the extra character one didn't work for some reason "There is a problem with the offer associated with this code." I also got another card with a code (doesn't look like an xbox live code) and I have no idea what it is cos its all in Japanese. Had some area to scratch away to reveal the code, and it says +100something! in big letters. Anyone know how I can use that?

Are you talking about the Japanese sales? I think the fact that it's been in arcades there for quite a while had something to do with that.

People freaked out over Tekken 6 and SoulCalibur V's sales too, and they both turned out fine.

Esura

Banned

It hasn't been out too long yet though.

I doubt their sales expectation was too big anyways...I hope.

Well, this game is all i was hoping it to be, but better.

Kazuya is a fucking beast, he was really good in Tekken 6 and in this one is even better, Forest Law is really cool (classic moves plus new feints yay), and my beloved Dragunov has new and useful tech, Tag Assaults are a good way to extend bound combos, once you get some practice with them pretty cool shit is possible...i´m very pleased with the game, the only thing that does not clic with me yet is the combot mode, i found it rather annoying and boring.

kuroshiki

Are you talking about the Japanese sales? I think the fact that it's been in arcades there for quite a while had something to do with that.

People freaked out over Tekken 6 and SoulCalibur V's sales too, and they both turned out fine.

Eh. Actually Tekken 6 was not so great in sales wise (It went to bargain bin REALLY FAST. like less than a month.) and Soul Calibur 5 didn't meet the expectation. Namco abandoned all the future DLC for SC5 and I don't think SC6 will come out.

Also TT2's first week japan sales data is half of T6. This is def not looking good at all.

Eh. Actually Tekken 6 was not so great in sales wise (It went to bargain bin REALLY FAST. like less than a month.) and Soul Calibur 5 didn't meet the expectation. Namco abandoned all the future DLC for SC5 and I don't think SC6 will come out.

Also TT2's first week japan sales data is half of T6. This is def not looking good at all.
Neither of them were huge hits, but neither of them bombed either. Both were slow burners. I highly doubt Namco would abandon SoulCalibur. (Or any of their flagship series.)

I don't think it's fair to expect the games to pull numbers like they used to. Fighting games don't have the mass appeal, they rely more on a dedicated group of players that companies like Namco need to foster.

I really think too many people have unrealistic expectations of sales nowadays. Today's market is a totally different playing field.

On a different TTT2 topic... Harada tweeted this recently:

We will update TTT2 on October 9. Adds some characters & stages, enhancement of an on-line function & customization feature are included.

I'm really interested to see what this customization "enhancement" is.

Neither of them were huge hits, but neither of them bombed either. Both were slow burners. I highly doubt Namco would abandon SoulCalibur. (Or any of their flagship series.)

I don't think it's fair to expect the games to pull numbers like they used to. Fighting games don't have the mass appeal, they rely more on a dedicated group of players that companies like Namco need to foster.

I really think too many people have unrealistic expectations of sales nowadays. Today's market is a totally different playing field.

For sure expectations should be lower for fighting games at this point, but it all ultimately depends on namco's sales expectations.

Retail games are kinda like movIes in some ways now that they need to sell a lot, at full price, in the first month or so.

Idk, maybe it is a slow burn, but to me it's different for boxed retail slow burn versus a DD title slow burn.

I want namco to sell as much as they can at full msrp for max revenue. So it will be healthy so they can make sc6 :)

I think namco feels the same because of all this pre order stuff to get people to buy day 1 and not wait.

I wonder if their revenue outlook includes price drops and such.

Who's knows though, I hope it sells well, and doesn't get all it's sells after price drops.

Nyx

The game is just WAY TOO hardcore for novice players to play.

I'm not sure why so many people agree to this.

I mean, fight lab is a great way to learn the basics, and Tekken always has been a lot more ''button-basher friendly'' than let's say the SF series.

I consider myself a mediocre player at best, and the last Tekken I played intensively is TTT, which is years ago..

Still I seem to manage so far, in the beginner-stage of online play it looks like knowing when to block and punish already brings you several wins.

Oh well, I hope that more people buy the game so Namco won't stop making new versions.

Ferrio

Banned
Humiliating defeats all around. From whiffed combos, to staring blankly at my opponent when i splat them not sure what to do. All around shit, especially my movement. Sidestep, and I still somehow get hit by linear attacks.

Not sure what the fuck you're suppose to do when they hit the wall, when I get put against the wall seems no matter what they do it combos... yet I try and they just fall to the ground.

Humiliating defeats all around. From whiffed combos, to staring blankly at my opponent when i splat them not sure what to do. All around shit, especially my movement. Sidestep, and I still somehow get hit by linear attacks.

Not sure what the fuck you're suppose to do when they hit the wall, when I get put against the wall seems no matter what they do it combos... yet I try and they just fall to the ground.

i like your kunimitsu dood. im albacore7 btw

Top Bottom