• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Just ran into a solo Alisa ghost named AO. Too awesome. Did anyone else run into Harada's ghost as well? I faced him like day 1 I think. His ghost was Kuma/Raven or maybe Heihachi.

Sayah

ggs everyone

Question about the Tekken Tunes.

Can other people online hear your tunes if you host? Or at all?

Nope. Everyone has their own individual tones.

Any Leo tips/simple juggle to bound combos? The sample ones seem not very good.

Will test combos out with her tomorrow and post here.

Can anyone..someone please tell me how the fack im supposed to switch from a NAT 3 to 2? Ive got a Belkin n600 DB router. Ive looked online and have done everything, assigned a DMZ to my ps3 ip, forwarded ports, and UPnP is always enabled. Yet my nat stays at 3. Ive even contacted my isp and belkin but they havent been able to help me. Im seriously thinking about just selling the game seeing as in 5 days ive only been able to connect to a mere 30 games. (other games such as CS:GO work perfectly so it isnt anything with being connected). Any help would be appreciated.

I had Nat 3 before. Change UPNP from being not available to available and it's been working fine since then. Not sure what else can be done.

Ferrio

Banned
Good games Q. I was getting frustrated cause Kuni's combo kept whiffing on Ogre. Thought I was just fucking up the timing. I test in training mode... nope his hitbox makes him immune to it. It robbed me of so many rounds.

Also, nice troll team.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Good games Q. I was getting frustrated cause Kuni's combo kept whiffing on Ogre. Thought I was just fucking up the timing. I test in training mode... nope his hitbox makes him immune to it.

Also, nice troll team.

They are magical :D

Edit: Ugh why do some characters have moves that crush highs and lows at the same time -.-

"Any Leo tips/simple juggle to bound combos? The sample ones seem not very good."

The combos I got from Tekkenzaibatsu that I use for her are:

u/f+4, 4, b+1,4~d/f (after the b+1,4, press down-forward to go into a crouch dash), u/f+1, b+2,1+2

d/f+2, f+2, b+1,4~d/f, u/f+1, b+2,1+2

Ferrio

Banned
"Any Leo tips/simple juggle to bound combos? The sample ones seem not very good."

The combos I got from Tekkenzaibatsu that I use for her are:

u/f+4, 4, b+1,4~d/f (after the b+1,4, press down-forward to go into a crouch dash), u/f+1, b+2,1+2

d/f+2, f+2, b+1,4~d/f, u/f+1, b+2,1+2

Yep, then you can dash d/f+1+2, 1+2, qcf+2.

Or you can use this combo:

d/f+2, 4, b+1,4~d/f, WS3, f+4, 2

Which does almost as much as the above combo, BUT wallcarries farther without using a bound. So you can do a bound after they splat.

Nyx

Actually won a few games online last night, feels good man.

Do have another question though, where can I buy items for my chars?
I've done some Ghost Battles against ''yellow'' opponents, and it said that I unlocked several customize items, but when I go to the customize menu, ''buy items'' is greyed out.

Also just nitpicking, but I really don't like the fact that the CPU dresses up in offline mode, I've seen some crazy ass shit already. (P.Jack with a pink children's dress on, a wig and glasses)

Jucksalbe

Banned
Do have another question though, where can I buy items for my chars?
I've done some Ghost Battles against ''yellow'' opponents, and it said that I unlocked several customize items, but when I go to the customize menu, ''buy items'' is greyed out.

You have to select a character first.

Ferrio

Banned
So how does the red life negating of TA actually work? Is it retroactive so the previous red life goes away when you TA? Do you have to call your original person back in to take away their red life, or can you end it with the incoming partner?

Cause none of the TAs I come up with do more damage than my regular combos, so the idea of giving some free rage is kinda offputting.

Ferrio

Banned
Oh finally found one. Works with any of her standard launchers

Leo/Kuni

Launcher and followups:

BOK 2, f+3
d/f+2, f+2
u/f+4, f+2

Launcher+followup, f+4~KND~d/f, u/f+1, b+2, 1+2 B! TAG, b+4, 3, TAG, fff+3

90 dmg for the bok one.

edit: Need to work on my movement so much. Me and Q awkwardly side stepping around and shit is embarassing.

danmaku

Oh and I don't understand how to read the frame data so hopefully somebody can advise. Three launchers I'm trying to learn more about are:
df+2,
df+1,3
f+3, 3, 2 (I hope I didn't get that wrong).

How do I know which of these are safe to use after a block, how quick they are compared to other attacks (I know this is related to the frames but I don't know what's considered good and what the +- means) and if they work as punishers but I'm pretty lost on Tekken Zaibatsu trying to understand what everything actually means.

There's not much frame data for Kuni right now, I guess big sites don't want problems with Prima, since publishing them would render their guide quite useless. Anyway, frame data isn't really hard to understand. I found this for Kuni's df+1,3:

i13 df1,3 -??/JG/JG *It's safe

This means the move starts in 13 frames (pretty fast, as the fastest moves in the game start in 10 frames*), it leaves you at a disadvantage on block (we still don't know how many frames, but it's listed as -something) and on hit/counter hit it juggles. It says it's safe, so I assume the disadvantage is less than 10 frames. When you find +something it means that you have the advantage, so you can move/attack before your opponent.

As for punishers, you can use every move fast enough to hit the opponent before he can move/block/attack, so if you are at +15, any move that starts in 15 frames or less is ok (though it'll be more difficult to hit your opponent with an i15 move than an i12 move because you'll need to input the move the very first frame you're free to attack!). When you look for punishers, sites usually list the most damaging and/or more reliable moves for punishing, so start from the fastest (they always work!) and proceed to the slowest. Remember that frames aren't everything, range and move pushback is also important, and that's why you may find more than one punisher for the same frame advantage.

*there are exceptions, but don't worry about them for now.

shiroryu

Trying out stuff vs the CPU tag team in Practice Mode, using Vs Cpu mode at Very Hard, and the CPU doesn't tag out at all. Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing?

Trying out stuff vs the CPU tag team in Practice Mode, using Vs Cpu mode at Very Hard, and the CPU doesn't tag out at all. Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing?

i think the best way is to fight ghosts in very hard. they do good tag combos.

however you cannot choose which 2 characters. thus i really need some help with kaz/jin tag combos.

Dereck

Thanks Kadey for archiving your streams. Watching the matches that I won, and I'm makin' all kinds of mistakes, AAHHLLL KIIIIINNNDS.

one_kill

Just got the game today and played for a few minutes. I'm a newbie to Tekken so I went to Fight Lab. So far, it sucks. I'm stuck on the blocking/counter tutorial with the Mokujin dummies. Firstly, what a stupid choice for a stage. Too much clashing information, particularly for newbies like me. Secondly, why does the difficulty suddenly go up with the third Mokujin you fight?

Jucksalbe

Banned
Too much clashing information, particularly for newbies like me. Secondly, why does the difficulty suddenly go up with the third Mokujin you fight?

I tried that stage after I played the game for 20 hours. I still had a lot of problems with that fight. Fight Lab doesn't really do a good job at explaining the basics anyway. They would have done better if they actually included a real manual with the game.

Doomshine

Can anyone help me understand what to input for the following:
- Tag throws
- Tag assault
- Tag combos

- right punch + tag (for generic tag throws)
- tag button as you bound someone
- tag button when you land a launcher that is tag bufferable.

All of this is explained in Fight Lab btw, you should play that.

Lumine

Sure, I'll help out.

Can anyone help me understand what to input for the following:
- Tag throws Press the TAG button and 2 (triangle or Y on the ps3/xbox pad) at the same time.

- Tag assault Press TAG right after you perform a "bound" move. There's also a universal tag assault by pressing 1,2 and TAG at the same time.

- Tag combos Hit TAG right after you hit someone with a launcher.

Most of this stuff is explained and taught to you in fight lab though. And you can hit practice mode and look at the command list for each characters bound and launcher moves.

edit: beaten :p

Nyx

Just got the game today and played for a few minutes. I'm a newbie to Tekken so I went to Fight Lab. So far, it sucks. I'm stuck on the blocking/counter tutorial with the Mokujin dummies. Firstly, what a stupid choice for a stage. Too much clashing information, particularly for newbies like me. Secondly, why does the difficulty suddenly go up with the third Mokujin you fight?

I thought that was super-easy tbh. (stage 3 it is right?)

DSix

Banned
My biggest thing in matches right now, relearning how to play Tekken, is getting a lead because I do get a lot of the fundamentals then losing at the last moment as I don't know what to fall back on in a tight spot.

It rankles, ha, but makes me hopeful. I'm not losing by that much. Mainly I need to get movement down better, especially side step canceling.

This is so exactly my issues too. I lost so many times on round 5 it's infuriating.

Doomshine

Decided to test which of my characters' mids Kunimitsu can crouch under and compare with Ling, so far:

Drag:

-Second hit of 4, 4 whiffs unless it hits at absolute tip range.

Bryan:

- f+3 whiffs at every range, only hits on specific angles between her side and back
- Third hit of 3, 2, 1 seems to have trouble connecting from the front
- uf+3 has trouble connecting at tip range
- WR+3 has trouble connecting at mid range
- WS+1+2 has trouble connecting from the front, but you're probably not going to use this move anyway.
- bb+4 flies over at mid range

General:

- BT Hopkick doesn't connect at all. To be fair it only connects at very specific angles on Ling backturned so no huge difference.
- Some delayed jumping attacks seem to whiff, I think it varies depending on character.
- you need to really delay your delayed hopkick fully to connect, the slightly faster one doesn't connect.

Onemic

I switched my main for(hopefully) the last time to Jin. He seems very similar to mitsurus playstyle with his reliance on safe pokes and high dmg CH, plus he was always my favourite Tekken character(along with hwoarang)

He can also turn into devil jin or copy the moveset of other mishimas when he's paired up with them?

zlatko

Banned
I think I had a close to 20 losses and 3-5 wins ratio last night. I made it search for only +/-3 opponents only, but it still was finding people fuck out of my league. I felt too often I'd lose to just the stupidest shit. Another player who doesn't know combos, but had one thing that I couldn't adapt to---which is just about every Eddie match for me. Never sure what is a low/high with that character at all, and I just can't get a fucking poke in. Very rage inducing. :p

Still haven't settled on a team, but I really like Bob so he's made the cut. Now I just have to find someone to pair him up with.

Any suggestions?

Top Bottom