• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

bumpkin

Am I the only one that thinks that the final fight of Arcade mode is just way way way too fucking hard? Even on easy.
I was playing on medium and it was near infuriating. I think I retried the final fight 7 or 8 times, and only two of those times did I win the first round; then I just got my ass handed to me (or what was left of it) in the second round. It probably didn't help that I had only been playing the game an hour or so -- after not having played a Tekken since 4 -- using two characters I didn't really know, but wanted to try out.

Chairhome

I was playing on medium and it was near infuriating. I think I retried the final fight 7 or 8 times, and only two of those times did I win the first round; then I just got my ass handed to me (or what was left of it) in the second round. It probably didn't help that I had only been playing the game an hour or so -- after not having played a Tekken since 4 -- using two characters I didn't really know, but wanted to try out.

I tried a bunch of times, only beat arcade once. I tried again right before going to bed and it was taking too long so I quit (even after putting the difficulty down to easy). I found out you can earn endings through ghost battle, so I'm probably never playing arcade mode again. Haha.

Ferrio

Banned
So is there some trick to getting position settings working in training mode?

I set it to current position, but when i hit select+x... the place it resets me to is not where I was when I picked current position. Is there some secret key combination to set the current position?

Anyone? Practicing wall combos is a bitch due to this....

Anyone? Practicing wall combos is a bitch due to this....

I don't think Current Position works like you think it does. When it is enabled, when you press Select+X it moves the dummy in front of wherever you are standing. If you're practicing wall combos, it's best to set the battle position to Wall Hit, which will always put you in front of a wall. If you're practicing wall carry, maybe try picking a smaller stage like the Special Stage and work from there?

DRE Fei

So what's the best method to get the Combot points to buy the moves quick and never have to touch that mode again?

Just play boss battle in stage 4 as many times as you need to. It's really easy juggles with tons of points each time. You get lots of money also.

McNum

Unknown is easiest boss since non demon Tekken bosses like Heihachi. Jinpachi and even giant chicken own her ass.

I love Jun's transformation sequence though.
I kind of feel like fighting Unknown is like playing Rocket Tag. Either you shut her down, or she will hurt you. If she gets a good hit in, you're down half a life bar. If you keep her grounded, she's not much more dangerous than any other opponent. The trick here is getting that hit in that grounds her. Sometimes she just becomes a wall. Also, you have to beat Jun to get to Unknown. That's also an issue at times for me.

It makes me a a little worried what Unknown be able to do when she becomes playable. But at least she doesn't break any rules. When she blocks, she's in blockstun, and she doesn't have any instant bullshit moves either. She does have a delayed one, but that's a fighting game boss privilege. She's allowed to have one.

Due to real life circumstances, I haven't gone online yet. I think Ling Xiaoyu got some of her Tekken 3 swagger back in TTT2, though. The RD 4 launcher also launches on a backhit now. It hasn't since T3, if I remember right. And she got a new attack in AOP. 1+2. I'm still a hopeless DB+3 addict with Xiaoyu. A Counterhit Storming Flower is probably my favorite fighting game move in any game. Of course, the only way to follow up is to run after the opponent, so yeah... It may not be the best move she has. It's one of the more fun ones, though.

So I think I'll be sticking with Ling for now. I might try out Miharu when she unlocks. Now to find her a tag partner. Kunimitsu is weird in a good way, Jun is nice and simple, but I have plenty of characters to try out still. King... maybe, but probably not. Got any suggestions for a partner for Ling?

zlatko

Banned
I hate when I lose 70% of my health just trying to fucking get up.

Seriously story of my life. I'll have a fight in the bag, but then can't get up fast enough to prevent being obliterated. Am I right in that Bryan can actually do a full ass combo off a low sweep?

Why would you want to? Nobody should use combot anyway.

Completion for the achievement. :p

Just play boss battle in stage 4 as many times as you need to. It's really easy juggles with tons of points each time. You get lots of money also.

Perfect. Thanks for this. :)

Just got this today and it keep causing my ps3 to overheat I guess (flashing red lights), but it doesn't make sense as I had only the ps3 on for 2-3 mins at the most.

Only got to play 1 round max which fucking sucks.

Anyone else have this problem or have a solution? I have a 60gig fatty and all other games work fine.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Seriously story of my life. I'll have a fight in the bag, but then can't get up fast enough to prevent being obliterated. Am I right in that Bryan can actually do a full ass combo off a low sweep?

Yes, his d/f+3 can go into WS3, d/b+2, f+4,1 bound. Probably could do better, but that's what I do, although I stopped using him for Leo.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I love Jun's transformation sequence though.

It's perfect, so good.

Overall I think the presentation is awesome though, the music, visuals, effects, it all looks and sounds lovely.

Does anyone know how to get the Combot DX trophy btw where you hve to unlock everything? Is it just a case of getting A/S ranks on the trials?

wingz

It's perfect, so good.

Overall I think the presentation is awesome though, the music, visuals, effects, it all looks and sounds lovely.

Does anyone know how to get the Combot DX trophy btw where you hve to unlock everything? Is it just a case of getting A/S ranks on the trials?

Nothing about ranks. You just have to buy all of his movies. Trust me, there are a lot of moves to buy. The best place to make Combot points is through replaying the chapter 5 boss battle.

Mileena

Banned
3d games as a beginner are sooo frustrating. I know my combos from various moves, my punishers, my bound moves, how to korean backdash etc. but who cares herpderpi mashes his strings with lows and you don't know wtf is going on.
Just smashing on my stick without thinking would win me more matches.

And good luck remembering a bazilion moves and their properties - this is gonna take me 5 years to get decent at. :D

I'm in the same position as you man, coming over from 2D games is hard. I usually have decent matches with good players but then the scrubs can come along and mash all day and I don't know what to do. Block block block try to hit a button and get beat, ALL DAY. :(

zlatko

Banned
I'm in the same position as you man, coming over from 2D games is hard. I usually have decent matches with good players but then the scrubs can come along and mash all day and I don't know what to do. Block block block try to hit a button and get beat, ALL DAY. :(

It pisses me off to no end to lose to someone doing the same one move over and over---not even a string of any kind. I try to side step? Bopped. I try to block then punish? Bopped. Crouching? Bopped. Mash back a move? Bopped.

Shit Sucks.

Mileena

Banned
It pisses me off to no end to lose to someone doing the same one move over and over---not even a string of any kind. I try to side step? Bopped. I try to block then punish? Bopped. Crouching? Bopped. Mash back a move? Bopped.

Shit Sucks.

I rage quit a certain GAFer for doing that to me :(

Tekken makes me feel scrubbier than anything I've tried playing. Still fun, but can be super frustrating. Learning 3rd Strike was never this hard.

GrayFoxPL

Do clothing only unlocks in ghost battles? Does it unlock online too?

Unlocked Lee's T6 hardcore pants, lol.

Anyone know how many clothing pieces can you unlock per character? Not funny items or panels.

Shit Sucks.

There's ridiculously easy solution for that.

Go practice, pick opponents character for cpu, set defensive training, select the annoying move or moves and set cpu to spam them. Then just matter of finding out your move that beats it or correct evasion, block, sidestep, crouch etc.

Degen

got Michelle's
wrestler
costume. At first it was pure hype but then... what is up with all the asscrack in this game

Why am I so free to Nina? :(
sayah

I rage quit a certain GAFer for doing that to me :(
sayah

Do clothing only unlocks in ghost battles? Does it unlock online too?

Unlocked Lee's T6 hardcore pants, lol.

Anyone know how many clothing pieces can you unlock per character? Not funny items or panels.
say-- i mean...

It depends on the character but it looks like most of them at least get a set of T6 gear

There's a list of everything the arcade version had somewhere online but I decided not to keep the link to prevent spoileration spoilerance spoilarity

GrayFoxPL

got Michelle's
wrestler
costume. At first it was pure hype but then... what is up with all the asscrack in this game

sayah

sayah

say-- i mean...

It depends on the character but it looks like most of them at least get a set of T6 gear

There's a list of everything the arcade version had somewhere online but I decided not to keep the link to prevent spoileration spoilerance spoilarity

I see. Thanks.

So what's the best method to get the Combot points to buy the moves quick and never have to touch that mode again?

final chapter 5 bosses, equip pauls df,1,1 quick punches and the default Lee's kicks, was it f+3,3,3. launch and keep doing those to rack up around 60 000 points per game. you need about 2 million to unlock all moves and get the trophy.

Shouta

Haven't played too much the last few days but put some time in today including making some costumes for my characters. Got my Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth setup. My Master Asia and Domon too. lol

GrayFoxPL

I meet lots of pair play teams. Surprised me. But it's funny when they panic and start tagging themselves in and out. "You go! No, you go!" or they don't want to tag out until it's too late.

Finally beat that bitch! Twice now since I last posted. But they didn't feel like legit victories really.. I just spammed the hell out of her with Kazuya's epic spinning kick move and that chick who wants Eddy's Gordo.

Can someone explain to me a bit about who or what I'm fighting whenever I play arcade? Are these online people like in SFIV? Are they ghosts/bots of random players or are they based off some "pro" players style?

GrayFoxPL

Can someone explain to me a bit about who or what I'm fighting whenever I play arcade? Are these online people like in SFIV? Are they ghosts/bots of random players or are they based off some "pro" players style?

They are souls of fallen samurai and ninjas trapped between heaven and hell endlessly roaming the battlefield. Now digitalized for our convenience. Every time you win ghost battle the spirit is purged and set free from it's curse.

wingz

Haven't played too much the last few days but put some time in today including making some costumes for my characters. Got my Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth setup. My Master Asia and Domon too. lol

Thank you for the brilliant idea. I'm gonna dress up Kaz/Jun as PW/Maya.

Top Bottom