• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

CSX

solo characters can break tag throws. However you will only get a general grab break animation.

I think this was shown back in the first LUYG tutorial.

Also, ggs boutdown

I swear that dss was lucky

someone get boutdown onto Error 500s!!!

Hey guys, I finally got my account activated properly thanks to Rei. Who do I ask to be invited to the GAF PSN Team? My WTF tag is IHaveCandy Here's my page link if that helps. It's been fun playing against you guys. The few times I beat Sayah felt really good. Those Nina/Anna mix ups still make me turtle too much out of fear. Anybody want to play today?

http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/psn/ihavecandy

Shouta

Thank you for the brilliant idea. I'm gonna dress up Kaz/Jun as PW/Maya.

I can't seem to get the hair I want for Phoenix. I had to go with some kind of stupid amalgamation for it. Edgeworth is super easy as long as you have the Justaucorps though. I don't know how hard Maya would be.

Sayah

Hey guys, I finally got my account activated properly thanks to Rei. Who do I ask to be invited to the GAF PSN Team? My WTF tag is IHaveCandy Here's my page link if that helps. It's been fun playing against you guys. The few times I beat Sayah felt really good. Those Nina/Anna mix ups still make me turtle too much out of fear. Anybody want to play today?

http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/psn/ihavecandy

You're that King/Armor King player. Really like your team. Just got off so won't play right now but tomorrow night will be good.

You're that King/Armor King player. Really like your team. Just got off so won't play right now but tomorrow night will be good.

Sounds good. Maybe we could get a practice game going and trade secrets. Some of those mixups have me guessing on which leads to high or mid.

Sayah

DEATH™;42376640 said:
Guys, please proofread... I don't think I explained this really well, nor my buffering definition is right...

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2/System/Art_of_Buffering

I will give the wiki a read through and proofread. Although, as I had said previously, giving technical definitions and in-depth explanations of the game system is not very well suited for me.

Sounds good. Maybe we could get a practice game going and trade secrets. Some of those mixups have me guessing on which leads to high or mid.

Yeah, sure. :)

I think a good way to practice directional buffering is to go to practice, select King, and set counters to always be on. Do King's pushback (f,f, 1+2). The counter hit will push the dummy into a stun. Buffer in f, n, ff, 2+4 to do his iSW. If you can get it fast enough to where the throw looks unavoidable, you got it. The same can be done with King by simply doing his 1,2 string and buffering f,b,hcf,1 during the 1,2 string.

weepy

I think a good way to practice directional buffering is to go to practice, select King, and set counters to always be on. Do King's pushback (f,f, 1+2). The counter hit will push the dummy into a stun. Buffer in f, n, ff, 2+4 to do his iSW. If you can get it fast enough to where the throw looks unavoidable, you got it. The same can be done with King by simply doing his 1,2 string and buffering f,b,hcf,1 during the 1,2 string.

I main AK and I want to know what's the best way to pull off uf 1 into iSW? It seems like the perfect ender to my combos but I can't seem to pull it off. I usually just substitute it with f 1+4 or get rid of the knee and go straight into iSW. Since you play both Kings I thought you might know a thing or two.

I main AK and I want to know what's the best way to pull off uf 1 into iSW? It seems like the perfect ender to my combos but I can't seem to pull it off. I usually just substitute it with f 1+4 or get rid of the knee and go straight into iSW. Since you play both Kings I thought you might know a thing or two.

I assume you mean df1? If you mean doing so after bounding, I don't think it's possible. They are too low at that point to pull off an iSW. Is this a TA combo? What's your other teammate?

CPS2

I've just been trying out a few characters, and it kinda felt like I couldn't buffer some commands, I had to wait until a particular animation had ended... Like Roger Jr's sample combo that ends in a dragon punch, I was having a lot of trouble actually buffering the dragon punch. Are there situations where you need to be in a particular state or stance and they can't be buffered? Like comboing into a sidestepping move, how early can you input the sidestep? Do you have to be completely neutral first? I've found that some stances you can buffer really early (there's some where you HAVE to buffer them early), but still getting my head around when they allow you to do stuff. It seems to have changed a fair bit from T6 as well. Like Yoshi's sample combo something like d/f22, f1+2, b21, 1+2, f2, the 1+2 is a stance, and in T6 it seems like you have a much wider window to input it during the b21 animation. In TTT2 you have to input it almost straight away.

Degen

man forget that iSW nonsense

if it's a solo combo, after the bound just dash forward, d+2+4 (or d+1+3), chain it with 2,1,3,4 and let that boy flyyyyy

and pray they don't tech the second part of the throw even though the chances are slim

Love that win pose. I don't get it often enough.

So how do I get into the PSN GAF team? Can the team leader be the only one to invite me?

Nyx

Stupid question time again, on the movelist I can see what is a boundmove or a knockback due to the icons.

But how to know which moves are launchers, and which are the ones for a Tag Combo?

Surely I can just experiment, but it would be a lot easier if they would have shown this as well, or am I missing something very obvious again?

There isn't anything that indicates a move is a launcher, but the are the same for most characters. You can see which launchers are taggable with a red symbol that kind of looks like this.

<---
--->

DEATH&#8482;;42376640 said:
Guys, please proofread... I don't think I explained this really well, nor my buffering definition is right...

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2/System/Art_of_Buffering

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you only buffer directional inputs for throws? I don't think you can buffer directional inputs for non throw maneuvers. Ex : try buffering the qcf on paul's phoenix smasher during a 1 in a juggle. Pressing 2 after he recovers will not give you a phoenix smasher.

Also on the topic of buffering, I know there's a buffer window for attacks when you come out of block stun, but is it also there after recovering from an attack of your own?

rvy

Banned
DEATH&#8482;;42380423 said:
Guys, can anybody make a gif for this winpose???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fHHLoc80b0

It's too AWESOME!!!

-------

I just found out... the DLC chars will come out one at a time... so it will probably take a while before we get all the characters...

ibueFKXyIjAGwU.gif

Love that win pose. I don't get it often enough.

So how do I get into the PSN GAF team? Can the team leader be the only one to invite me?

I think the leader needs to invite you. Can you be on more than one team though?

There's apparently a bug with Combot tuning: don't equip it with DLC character moves (Angel etc.) if you have separate preorder packs. It will corrupt saves.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=125154

Does that affect getting the trophy?

Has anyone played around with the Jack sandwich combos yet?
http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2012/9/20/ttt2-jack-6-ff34-ta-sandwich-combos-by-tmd02.html

In a game this size, I guess some things were overlooked. I wonder if they will patch it out?

Doomshine

I've been losing to jacks left and right. I think I'll try to learn him. He's pretty good just using db+1 and ff+1. What else do I need to add to my repertoire?

Besides df+2 and FC db+1 just pokes like 2,1 , df+1, standing 2 e.t.c. if you want to keep it simple. 1+2 is decent for catching sidesteppers, just don't whiff it.

Looks as if the early numbers are up for TTT2. Interesting that the sales seem pretty much identical in NA and Japan. I'm hoping this game does at least a million in the first four weeks.

Ferrio

Banned
Think I'm getting more comfortable with walls now. Introduced some more moves into my regular set, still getting blown up by stupid shit though. "Hi I'm Law, one low sweep and half your lifebar is gone!"

Sayah

Well, just googled the sales and those are quite depressing even if the game is at the top of the charts.

Think I'm getting more comfortable with walls now. Introduced some more moves into my regular set, still getting blown up by stupid shit though. "Hi I'm Law, one low sweep and half your lifebar is gone!"

Well, Law's low sweep isn't as bad as Bryan or Anna. Thankfully, Lili's got nerfed. But all of them can be punished on block.

Ferrio

Banned
Well, Law's low sweep isn't as bad as Bryan or Anna. Thankfully, Lili's got nerfed. But all of them can be punished on block.

Trouble is I can't read the animation on them yet, wonder how bad lag affects that too.. hrm.

I've been stupid not using Kuni's 1+2 too, thing is magical against spammers.

Degen

just went back and watched my very first online TTT2 match. it was boutdown's Laws vs my King/Jaycee and it was Most Professional

not like these sayah fights let me tell you

zlatko

Banned
Those of you who want an invite to the Xbox 360 Team for TTT2:

Get signed up on WTF
Link your 360 GT on WTF
Then send a private message here to Kaijima with your WTF ID so he can invite you.

DEATH™

Well, just googled the sales and those are quite depressing even if the game is at the top of the charts.

Yeah... that's a bit depressing... It says alot about the economy these days... I hope the game will pick up on other countries though...

Top Bottom