• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 2 |OT| Keep That Hair Short

schick85

Right in the beginning of episode two, how was
Clementine able to get in the house without knocking? Why was the door unlock when Claver got in? Aren't the group paranoid enough to avoid these kinds of mistakes? It's tiny details like these they're missing that are really starting to irk me.

Maybe the lead creatives of episode one shouldn't have left?

Pavillion

Right in the beginning of episode two, how was
Clementine able to get in the house without knocking? Why was the door unlock when Claver got in? It's tiny details like these they're missing that are starting to really irk me.

Maybe the lead creatives of episode one shouldn't have left?

it was a different door. That could explain it. just forgot to lock the back one but kept the front locked.

ShinAmano

Two questions...one...will they do a disc release like season one? Two...any word if they are working on a ps4xb1 version?

Guys, need some help :[ I just installed the first season on my pc to start playing 400 Days...but I dont have my season one save. I had no idea it didn't have Steam Cloud saves and I'm pretty sure I lost the save files. I dont remember if I even had it installed on this pc.

Anyways, anyone know where I can look up some save files? I barely even remember all the choices you can make. Super bummed out :[

Screw this
zombie shooting sequence
in it's stupid ass. I've failed five times in a row.

Edit: Finally cleared it.
Fwlt super random. I hope TT avoids a sequence like this going forward.

Bluth54

Guys, need some help :[ I just installed the first season on my pc to start playing 400 Days...but I dont have my season one save. I had no idea it didn't have Steam Cloud saves and I'm pretty sure I lost the save files. I dont remember if I even had it installed on this pc.

Anyways, anyone know where I can look up some save files? I barely even remember all the choices you can make. Super bummed out :[

Yeah I had the same thing happen to me. I lost all enthusiasm to play season 2 and I have doubts I ever will, which is sad because I really loved season 1.

Bluth54

Season one should have cloud saves, its how I started playing on my laptop. Did they remove them?

Season 1 shows that I have 1 or 2 MB saved in cloud storage, but when got an SSD and reinstalled Windows and started up Walking Dead Season 1 the save wasn't there.

ArjanN

Screw this
zombie shooting sequence
in it's stupid ass. I've failed five times in a row.

Edit: Finally cleared it.
Fwlt super random. I hope TT avoids a sequence like this going forward.

There's nothing random about it,
you just need to shoot the zombies closest to you first,
which makes sense.

Blues1990

Man I don't like this season's cast at all. Most of them are just a bunch of assholes.

Out of all the new characters that have been introduced, Luke & Alvin are the most welcoming to me. Rebecca is probably the only character that rubs me the wrong way, but I'm unsure if she is just distrusting towards others, or if she is just a VERY cranky pregnant lady.

I still haven't made up my mind on the others just yet, but I feel more neutral towards them. I'm just wondering how Carlos has been able to shield his daughter from all the nonsense & gloom from the world, especially since the outbreak.

Man I don't like this season's cast at all. Most of them are just a bunch of assholes.

After playing episode 2 and getting more backstory on what's going on, it really put how they treated me in episode 1 into perspective. At least for me.

Team Luke ftw.

Gamekult review: 5/10

All That Remains was already looking for its own identity and clearly served as a transitional episode. Unfortunately, A House Divided suffers from the same flaw but it also has less highlights and surprises. Close to a predictable self-caricature, this new episode of The Walking Dead disappoints somehow, despite its interesting reunions which shake up a too calm progression and bring forth new themes. It's precisely what's missing the most in this second season so far: new situations and new ideas, so as to explore this post-apocalyptic universe in a different way and, above all, to see those characters (a bit more likable from now on) evolve.

The good:
Some characters are more fleshed out
Surprising reunions

The bad:
A first half that seems like déjà-vu
Some rhythm issues
It's getting very close to self-caricature

They've got a point. The story isn't too bad but it feels like Season 1.5, or as if Telltale was on auto-pilot. It's like they're afraid of shaking up the formula now that it's proven commercially successful.

jediyoshi

I'm fine with that, given that was clearly the intention of the writers.

Between the game and the show, I can't actually tell if these comments are in regards to the quality of their writing or whether they personally feel that way if they were in that situation.

GoodlifeX

So I wanted to check what everyone's feelings were on final decision.

Find Kenny and Nick or give yourself up? I had to think about this one longer then other Walking Dead choices. I ultimately decided to give myself up. My friend viewed this as the coward option but I disagree. I think it would definitely be safer to go find Kenny rather than be held hostage. Besides, Kenny would have had to know they were being held in the cabin so I thought giving myself could stop a man from being tortured and buy Kenny and Nick more time to do whatever. But then again maybe not.

Thoughts?

Opto

Banned
Even though there has been longer gaps between episodes, they still feel rushed. The game doesn't have as much to do when you get a chance to free roam an environment, which doesn't feel as often.

General ep 2 spoilers
Obviously as they're on the move, it's hard to justify the group staying in one place for long, but the FIVE DAYS LATER felt like a cheat. Season 1 was pretty good about keeping the player in a continuous time frame in the episodes themselves. Season 2 has more scene transition problems

Ultimadrago

Find Kenny and Nick or give yourself up? I had to think about this one longer then other Walking Dead choices. I ultimately decided to give myself up. My friend viewed this as the coward option but I disagree. I think it would definitely be safer to go find Kenny rather than be held hostage. Besides, Kenny would have had to know they were being held in the cabin so I thought giving myself could stop a man from being tortured and buy Kenny and Nick more time to do whatever. But then again maybe not.

Thoughts?

I pretty much used the same reasoning. Having Clem
give herself up makes little sense to me when there are two able-bodied adults outside that may be able to help.

Thoughts?

The way that I felt about it....
I thought that Carver was going to kill some people anyway, so I felt that giving myself up would cause as few casualties as possible. I also decided to run out and protect Alvin because I didn't believe Carver would shoot a child. Turns out I was right, at least this time.

I like what they are doing with those ending songs.
Solid season so far, though it certainly doesn't feel as fresh as it did season 1, and the 'thick strings' the writers are pulling are ever more obvious. Still, with all its fakeness, it's fun (and better than the tv show).

Megasoum

Banned
So I'm about to start episode 1 of season 2. Does the season 2 uses the saves from season 1 at all? I'm not seeing anything about it in the menu and I'm not sure if it's because it's not using it or if it's because it's not seeing them.

Edit: Scratch that... I'm dumb.

AllenShrz

Just finished Episode 2.... I'm glad I didn't pay money for this game (it was gifted), pity I wasted my time with it.

Cant stand story games - plot driven- that are full of characters making stupid nonsensical decisions. Who the fuck write this stuff?

I would have thought that tale tale would have learnt from the first game but no.... same plot driven game.

Not to mention I had to restart it thanks to a corrupted save file.

NoPiece

Just finished Episode 2.... I'm glad I didn't pay money for this game (it was gifted), pity I wasted my time with it.

Cant stand story games - plot driven- that are full of characters making stupid nonsensical decisions. Who the fuck write this stuff?

I would have thought that tale tale would have learnt from the first game but no.... same plot driven game.

It seems like there are more dumb character decisions in season 2 than season 1. That's another one of my frustrations so far.
Clementine saw the flashlights approaching/crossing the bridge. They should have been boarding up windows and preparing for an attack,not having dinner.

Excited for the rest of the season. I can probably guess what's going to happen in episode 3 (lots of people you like/don't like dead) but I'm curious as to what the image for episode 4 is. Clementine going native? Who are all those people she's with (don't look familiar)?

I guess we'll find out on the next Walking Feels.

It seems like there are more dumb character decisions in season 2 than season 1. That's another one of my frustrations so far.
Clementine saw the flashlights approaching/crossing the bridge. They should have been boarding up windows and preparing for an attack,not having dinner.

Yeah, that really bothered me, too.
It was strange how nobody even mentioned the lights for a while after they met, and even stranger how they didn't ever really address that it could be an issue considered how worried they've been about Carver following them.

Roto13

Excited for the rest of the season. I can probably guess what's going to happen in episode 3 (lots of people you like/don't like dead) but I'm curious as to what the image for episode 4 is. Clementine going native? Who are all those people she's with (don't look familiar)?

I guess we'll find out on the next Walking Feels.

That image seems to be different for different people. Sometimes the guy on the left looks like Vince from 400 Days. Sometimes it looks like Kenny. The guy on the right is definitely Wyatt's friend from 400 Days.

http://i.imgur.com/tIFpv1i.jpg

Yeah, I can't believe Telltale didn't learn from the massive success of the first season and completely change the kind of game the second season is because you don't like it. What were they even thinking?

JustinBB7

Do you guys think they will ever kill off Clementine? She's seriously the one carrying the game to make it so great, so I'm not sure. But if they ever did it would most likely be one of the biggest things in gaming (for me) if they did.

I never expected (season 1 spoiler but just being safe)
Lee to die because you play as him and he's the main character
but since that happened who knows what Telltale will do.

I'd really like to see season 3 with Clem even older, like maybe 16 and season 4 having her in her 20's. Kinda like Ezio aging throughout the Ass games.

hohoXD123

Do you guys think they will ever kill off Clementine? She's seriously the one carrying the game to make it so great, so I'm not sure. But if they ever did it would most likely be one of the biggest things in gaming (for me) if they did.

I never expected (season 1 spoiler but just being safe)
Lee to die because you play as him and he's the main character
but since that happened who knows what Telltale will do.

I'd really like to see season 3 with Clem even older, like maybe 16 and season 4 having her in her 20's. Kinda like Ezio aging throughout the Ass games.
Wouldn't be too surprised if they did,
we did have that baby zombie in the attic after all and Duck's death, so it's not like they have any inhibitions in that regard

eXistor

I might be done with Telltale. Ep. 2 was so goddamn predictable, it just feels like they have to "shock" players with killing off characters and it just feels cheap and hackneyed at this point. Whereas season 1 actually had parts you could walk around and pick up items and stuff, season two has truly become nothing but a series of meaningless decisions without any control being given to the player. I honestly don't care whatever happens to anyone at this point.

I was always iffy on Telltale games, but then they sunk their hooks back in me with the Wolf Among Us, but even that was showing some serious fatigue by ep. 2 that I've just about lost all faith in Telltale ever making a decent game again. It truly seems like they don't know how to handle themselves, it's getting kind of ridiculous.

Hubble

Agree. I was extremely frustrated for the same reason throughout the whole episode.
I kept telling myself why are we staying here because Clem saw lights on the bridge, that it makes no sense and was annoying me like crazy then trouble happens.

I might be done with Telltale. Ep. 2 was so goddamn predictable, it just feels like they have to "shock" players with killing off characters and it just feels cheap and hackneyed at this point. Whereas season 1 actually had parts you could walk around and pick up items and stuff, season two has truly become nothing but a series of meaningless decisions without any control being given to the player. I honestly don't care whatever happens to anyone at this point.

I was always iffy on Telltale games, but then they sunk their hooks back in me with the Wolf Among Us, but even that was showing some serious fatigue by ep. 2 that I've just about lost all faith in Telltale ever making a decent game again. It truly seems like they don't know how to handle themselves, it's getting kind of ridiculous.

Totally agree. It's odd because I still do enjoy the games but after completion, season 2 so far has been very disappointing. I was highly anticipating it but you nailed the flaws on its head.

If people here enjoyed episode 2 like I did, go rethink and ask yourself, what did you do? It was a very short episode with little interaction at all and mostly walking and making choices even a lot of meager ones, and that's it. Season 2 has not been very substantive at all and I am extremely disappointed Telltale did not capitalize on season 1 by expanding season 2 with more interactivity, bigger environments, puzzle solving, etc., etc. Thinking about it I am starting to like this game a lot less and season 2 has been very small in all facets with Telltale hiding that with aggressive story choices.

Manu

This episode felt like going on-rails most of the time. I liked it a lot, because the writing was as good as ever, but I was surprised of how little gameplay there was to it.

Episode 2:

* Writing for the first part sucked hard
* Writing for the second part was fantastic
* Finally affected by the Save File Bug. The Episode III teaser showed shit that I didn't do.

-MD-

Real people in real life are stupid and make nonsensical decisions all the time.

Top Bottom