• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 2 |OT| Keep That Hair Short

gabbre

The game can't find the save files, AGAIN (same happened with episode one)
I loaded the backup files, now the game is PURPLE
COME THE FUCK ON

iPkZtxl9iOmLM.jpg

EDIT: solved. I deleted all the save files except the _saveslot ones

What a Great Episode! I was mostly like NO DON'T END IT LIKE THIS CMON

I'm glad I got to see
Kenny
Again. I'm hoping the next episode doesn't take as long to come out as this one.

Also, Anyone else have a problem with reviewing your choices at the end of the Episode? is it because they don't have enough stats for it so far? or is that a bug? Its just blank for mine.

Roto13

I'm glad I got to see
Kenny
Again. I'm hoping the next episode doesn't take as long to come out as this one.

Also, Anyone else have a problem with reviewing your choices at the end of the Episode? is it because they don't have enough stats for it so far? or is that a bug? Its just blank for mine.

I didn't see the stats at all (on PS3) but a similar thing happened with The Wolf Among Us (on PC) and they showed eventually.

And yes, this was a great episode! Less depressing but more tense. I'm very pleased with it.

halfbeast

Banned
didn't like it as much as the first episode but loved the drama.
but Clem was being useless again, when those zombies attacked she was just standing there doing her "I'm a little girl!"-face when she could've run away easily. didn't they just establish an episode before how resourceful and grown up she now is?

still need to get used to that "new" control scheme, died a couple of unnecessary deaths just because I didn't know which stick does what.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Finish the episode, oh look choice screen is still bugged. Wonder if it's going to be this years lost save bug.

This whole day later on Xbox thing has lead me to watching playthroughs the day before release for the last couple episodes of Telltale episodes. Is there any reason it's a day later, or?

I've just finished the episode.

It was better than the first one. However, the game didn't show me my choices in the final recap. Will Telltale ever test their games for bugs?

Edit: They also need to change those shitty-arse gun sounds. How much would it fucking cost? Jesus.

Can anybody speak to its length?

Would like to set aside that amount of time for one complete run.

It seems really short early on but near the end it has a long drawn out section so there's hope.

Not too sure on it being "the best episode" because there was a severe lack of puzzles and there's like no real talking sections in hubs anymore for development, not too keen on this QTE focused season.

In terms of plotting though? It was pretty solid, obviously old characters return and that's nice to see.
Bonnie appeared for me but not sure if that changes depending on your 400 Days save?
Early on it seemed the pacing is going quite fast but near the end it slows down, interesting things are always happening. I can't say I didn't enjoy it however.

It was tense throughout, but I feel like they've pretty much given up on there being game elements. There is effectively no puzzle-solving or moments of calm anymore, and all of Clem's dialogue is reactive. Too often it's obvious it's just a color response for whatever is planned to happen next.

L00P

Great episode! Things got real hairy at the end. Felt sorry for my brother walking in during the scene where the surprise happened. He's sorta pissed bahahahaha

Fuck me, that was a hard episode to sit through. It followed the idea of having to make tough decisions that wouldn't necessarily make a meaningful difference really well. I kinda guessed that
Kenny
was still alive form a mile away though.

I'm glad I got to see
Kenny

I had the same issue with the choices. It never showed them to me. When I went to go check in the main menu it shows me episode 1 choices not 2s.

nai

That episode was, well, interesting.
Not sure about all my decisions, but done is done. Can't wait for the next episode.

Laieon

It was tense throughout, but I feel like they've pretty much given up on there being game elements. There is effectively no puzzle-solving or moments of calm anymore, and all of Clem's dialogue is reactive. Too often it's obvious it's just a color response for whatever is planned to happen next.

I'm actually fine with that, in season 1 there was only really 1 puzzle part I enjoyed, and it wasn't really difficult (the hotel). I felt like the puzzles were a bit tedious and slowed the whole thing down anyway, and not in a good way. Whether the lack of puzzles still makes this a game is up for debate, sure, but I still really enjoy it as a game, interactive movie, whatever you want to call it.

Talk about this episode going out with a bang though, there was some really difficult decisions there at the end. Did anyone else not have the game show you your choices? I had the screen, but it didn't show how my choices compared to everyone else...

Bonnie appeared for me but not sure if that changes depending on your 400 Days save?
Early on it seemed the pacing is going quite fast but near the end it slows down, interesting things are always happening. I can't say I didn't enjoy it however.

She appeared for me as well. Haven't played 400 Days in awhile though, so I don't really remember how my play through went.

kazebyaka

Banned
This episode was also pretty short. Hour and a half long. It was pretty good, but I notice that animation quality drops with each new episode. Just awful stuff most of the time.

JoeBoy101

Choice screen bugged for me too.

And yeah, one of, if not the best, TWD episode TellTale has done yet. Loved how fleshed out they managed to get the characters. And
that scene with Walter and the knife

They really ramped up the intensity. Would have liked a bit more puzzle solving, but frankly, the dialogue choices themselves felt very important, even if reactive.

Just finished the first one and damn that was pretty disappointing. Some very weird things going on with characters acting totally different between scenes.

I do believe
Bonnie
always leaves for
the camp
no matter what choices you make in 400 Days. So yeah the same thing will happen no matter what.

Well I'm f**ked
Everyone in my 400 days playthrough went to the camp.
Oh well, we'll see how this will play out.
Still hoping we can see Lilly, somewhere during the season.

JustinBB7

This episode was really long. Hopefully they keep the same length for the rest of the season.

Took me 1.8 hours (so about 1 hour 50 mins), which is not as long as season 1 eps. Those were all 2 and a half hours except for the final. Episode 1 this season was also around 2 hours. Wish they went back to 2 and a half myself..

justjim89

My choices aren't showing up on Steam. Really bums me out. Good episode, though. I was happy
to see Kenny, but his possessiveness made it quickly apparent he's even more fucked up than he was before. Good to see he's gonna be whiny bitch this season too. I'm really worried about Luke, I hope to hell he's ok. I felt bad there's no way to prevent the kidnapping. The whole reunion scene after meeting Kenny I kept thinking "Um, I saw people. When are we going to address that?" Sure enough.

My bad, misread. Thought this was the spoiler thread. Sorry duders.

Top Bottom