• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 2 |OT| Keep That Hair Short

JustinBB7

Won Clems hat yesterday during a twitter contest!

This one:

Bi3XB3wCMAAVCiw.jpg

Last time I checked you couldn't buy those, dunno if you can now but don't think so, so pretty happy with it :D

NoPiece

Yeah but this is a horror themed game. People never make nonsensical decisions in horror movies... not a single time ever...

In well written horror, people make decisions that make sense to them, but the audience knows will little to terrible consequences, and it created a lot of suspense. Characters making dumb decisions is just dumb, and brings down the genre. I just watched Prometheus and what could have been a pretty cool movie was totally ruined by characters acting unbelievably stupidly.

dentoomw

Just finished up second episode.

The teaser at the end of the first Episode had me thinking it would have been Lilly, but dat Kenny reveal. I had a dumb grin and I genuinely felt joy seeing him again. Him and Lee were tight in my playthrough of Season 1. I pretty much went with him for the remainder of the episode. She's the second closest thing next to Lee that Clem has had as a father figure.

I love how this game can push your emotions at the most unexpected times.

New Wolf Among Us is coming out soon, within a week or 2. So I guess a few weeks after that.
Urg, told myself I wouldnt buy anymore WAU episodes. Didnt like the last one at all and I just keep thinking that continuing buying both at the same time just encourages telltale in still releasing more than a game at once, which prolonges the gap between episodes.

marrec

Banned
Finished up Episode 2:

Mostly disappointing. I was emotionally engaged and on the edge of my seat but the writing got me there through cliched and predictable ways. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that a character walks into the story and literally starts dragging it around without regards to my input... but I expect more from a video game.

jf DOOM

I love both series. WAU more so, but I picked up the season pass for both when they were on sale so I'm just patiently waiting for the next installment on both. Can't wait to replay each one on vita as well.

JustinBB7

Did the hype for Walking Dead die or is everyone busy? 7 (14) pages for Episode 1 and 1.5 (3) pages for Episode 2 lol

I was wondering this too. This thread seems fairly slow, but I guess it just falls under the usual "the original is the best and nothing else will get to that level attitude".

I'm really happy I have Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us season passes, because telltale just randomly releases the eps out of nowhere and I love these games.

That quick for another WAU?

Yea they announced it on facebook:

Stay tuned here for a closer look at the episode and release dates to be announced for The Wolf Among Us Episode 3: 'A Crooked Mile'

Overdoziz

Banned
Just finished the first two episodes and I'm really enjoying the game so far. Much better start than season one anyways. The plot is moving forward at a nice pace, there have already been several choice-making moments where I really wasn't sure what to pick and I think that's what really makes this games. The choices are rarely a clear cut between good vs evil like in a lot of games which makes them that much more interesting. Even if they don't necessarily impact the overall story it really makes it feel like you influence the game even if it is in relatively small ways. Great stuff.

I'm also glad that I chose to buy it on PC this time around. The game looks really nice and clean which couldn't be said about the 360 version of the first season. Performance is also much improved. Going from stuttering and constant framedrops in season 1 to silky smooth 60fps in season 2 is quite the change. Really wish you could at least quickly input the major choices you if you don't have a save file, though. Having them be randomized is a bit of a weird design choice. Luckily it seemed to end up being about the same as what choices I made.

raindoc

I was wondering this too. This thread seems fairly slow, but I guess it just falls under the usual "the original is the best and nothing else will get to that level attitude".

I'm really happy I have Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us season passes, because telltale just randomly releases the eps out of nowhere and I love these games.

Yea they announced it on facebook:

TTG retweeted Job Stauffer (PR guy) saying that he played Ep 3 and info will be coming "much sooner than you think". That was > two weeks ago.

theowne

I think part of it is that the first episode was not too good and didn't end on a strong cliffhanger. I know several people who were TWD fans but still haven't played episode 2, which I'm sure they will love when they do.

XeroSauce

Ahh, I wasn't a big fan of Episode 2.

I wanted more out of the free roam and I wanted more interactions with what was happening. I felt like there was a lot of misplaced plot in this one, like they had to get a lot of information out of the way.

Also Bonnie WTF. I would be livid if someone I trusted backstabbed me like that. I understand she was lying about the food just ot get a good look in the cabin but it erked me so much that Walt didn't get any justice for Matthew or his beans and peaches.

Crayons

Banned
I just played through Episode 2 and I am fucking salty.

Killing a friendly guy on a bridge, then getting hospitality from his lover. That is so fucked up.

Tacitus_

When did they add the achievements for episode 3? Was clicking randomly through my steam games and noticed I had locked cheevos which turned out to be from the next episode.

Ep 3 seems to be coming either next week or week after (more likely)

Looking forward to it!

I say next week considering Telltale's been releasing their episodes always on the first Tuesday/Wednesday of the month (besides recently with TWAU ep.3 but whatever) you could be right though.

JustinBB7

I say next week considering Telltale's been releasing their episodes always on the first Tuesday/Wednesday of the month (besides recently with TWAU ep.3 but whatever) you could be right though.

Usually by then the trailer would be out though. And a date, they usually announce it like a week ahead. We only have some screenshots now. And their twitter said "no release date yet, but something else tomorrow!" which was a voice actor reveal.

So I'm guess week after. Which is still p soon thankfully.

Violet_0

Banned
just finished the first two episode. Wow. I think I might enjoy this season even more than TWAU, which is pretty great as well

my choices so far

I find it kinda funny how fast the game ditched the lame survivors of the last crew. Also, goddamn dog. Also, Kenny!

Roto13

PS3 downloaded a patch for this last night. Getting ready for episode 3.

EDIT: It seems that the new patch added the trophies for Episode 3 AND Episode 4.

So vague spoilers in there, I guess?

I finally played episode 2 last night, I enjoyed it.

Fuck Kenny, man. He was a dick in my Series 1 and he was acting all shifty and weird in this one. I sat with Luke at Dinner and Kenny got all pissed, then he just came and sat with us anyway. I said "Maybe we should go find Luke?" near the end and he fucking shot that dickhead in the lodge. Goddamit Kenny, if you're gonna declare war, at least learn to shoot.

Other than that, I still get terified every time that game makes me use Binoculars, even though I don't think there's actually been a single jump scare with them in the games. I liked the spookiness of seeing the lights near the bridge through the binos, but I did think it was confusing that Clem didn't seem to tell anyone - by the time she'd yelled, they'd already all gone up to Kenny and the gang, then later on one of the others (Alvin?) just randomly said "Luke said you saw someone at the bridge!" I had thought that, in all the Kenny excitement, Clem had just forgotten to mention it.

My Clem is a bit of a badass. She totally called out that woman asking for the food. Stupid Walter.

Top Bottom