• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

MIMIC

Banned
Too early to say that...

The ONLY way for Fed to lose is if he gets passive. His form is incredible at the moment. The match is on his racket. If he starts slicing returns and not following through on his BH, Nadal is gonna capitalize. He has no reason to start backing down.

Wow! An early break for Nadal in the 3rd! This is shocking! I did not see this coming!

OOqXz.gif

Peru

So the night matches are Fed/Nadal followed by Wozniaki/Azarenka.

I hate how organizers think it's a good idea to occasionally make the womens matchup the headliner. When will they learn?

Some slams rightly put more women's matches than men's on main courts. No one wants to see men's first week five set serve wankery on prime time TV. The more dynamic women's game delivers better opening rounds.

Well, the expected result, but at least getting there was much nicer than I thought it would be. Hopefully Fed can take some confidence from this going into the US Open after a rather dismal summer.

And at least I don't have to see him lose to Berdych.

szaromir

Banned
Heh, hopefully Roger takes some positives from the match. I'm cheering for delPo to win the title.

edit: did Roger have any challenges left?

Top Bottom