• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Niraj must be in heaven right now.

Lol yeah man, it was a pleasant surprise. Expected a straight sets drubbing. Third set was standard mopey/pissy Fed playing like ass. Surprised he didn't challenge that last point. Disappointing result, but still fun. I also got to see him practice up close, so I'll post some pics at some point if any of them turned out decently.

And the Woz-Azarenka match was depressing as hell. Nobody gave a shit lol. Hardly anybody was clapping. A few times I was literally the only one clapping after Azarenka won a point :( lol

Lol yeah man, it was a pleasant surprise. Expected a straight sets drubbing. Third set was standard mopey/pissy Fed playing like ass. Surprised he didn't challenge that last point. Disappointing result, but still fun. I also got to see him practice up close, so I'll post some pics at some point if any of them turned out decently.

And the Woz-Azarenka match was depressing as hell. Nobody gave a shit lol. Hardly anybody was clapping. A few times I was literally the only one clapping after Azarenka won a point :( lol

did half the crowd leave after the Fedal match or did they stay to watch Aza/Woz?

Globox_82

Banned
Nadal is the goat...when it is all said and done he will be that.
He will take his 5th masters this year and equal Novaks record from 2011. He will win USO and end up as dominant nr1 this year.
Novak is done. Mentally he is a mess. He has longer and longer vacations. and his level dropped A LOT. No wonder when he hangs out with sub-mediocre Vemic and Vaida is no where to be seen. While Rafa is playing better then ever imo. He updated his game, just incredible....
Novak will end up as nr3 this year, at least I really hope so.

MIMIC

Banned
That was an inexplicable choke by del Potro (with the DFs and whatnot). But credit to Isner for hanging in there with the ultra defense. His side-to-side movement is usually horrible (since he's so tall) but he really came to life on that BP.

That was an inexplicable choke by del Potro (with the DFs and whatnot). But credit to Isner for hanging in there with the ultra defense. His side-to-side movement is usually horrible (since he's so tall) but he really came to life on that BP.

Due to his lack of fitness he can't maintain that energy the entire match, but in dire straights he can up his level for a game or two. I can relate, lol

Did you see Isner today? His victory was a true miracle. My money is on Rafa 2-0.

So? Isners game can throw anyone off theirs. Remember a couple years ago Isner lost to Nadal in 5 sets at the French Open. If he's getting in at least 60% of his first serves, it will come down to tiebreaks, and those can be 50/50. I think Rafa will win, but Isner will take a set

LuuKyK

This match going on at the moment. Wtf. How many breaks already? 15? :lol

Edit: The fuck... The waistless noisy creature won a three set match holding serve only 3 times. :lol How in the world?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Yeah if I had decided to go see the semis too, I would have been pissed at that night session lol

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I just don't understand how Nadal keeps winning things. If you compare his current form to say his 2010 or 2008 form, he's playing terribly. In matches, his movement looks poor and his backhand eminently attackable. And yet... in seemingly every match his opponents have colossal collapses or play far below their usual par. In fact, in general, all of the top players look totally out of form this year, with Nadal probably being the least out of form but still not great. Djokovic has been all over the place, Murray with some frankly awful losses, Federer declining with all his effort, Del Potro failing to produce, Ferrer's consistency dropping. Hell, in the only one of the top 8 who looks in form compared to his usual standard is Berdych. Even as a Murray fan, while I'm glad for his wins, 2013 has really seen some terrible tennis.

LuuKyK

Vuvurenka and Sugarpova should play doubles against an in form Serena. Maybe that way they would more than 4 games against her. :lol

This service game is at its 10th deuce. can one of these players not choke for one minute?

edit: 11th

edit: 13 deuces that game that lasted nearly 20 minutes. lol

at least Serena held. Thats becoming rare in the WTA

Top Bottom