• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

szaromir

Banned
Arthur Ashe, Louis Armstrong, and the new court Grand Stand with 12k seats will all have retractable roofs. Completion in 2018. Woohoo.

Now all we need are fucking floodlights at French Open.

szaromir

Banned
lol bartoli smh
Her camp, her father and her agent didn't know she was going to retire. She tweeted the day before how excited she is to play New Haven (ie. next week). She was crying when announcing her retirement. When a player acquires an injury, usually she announces immediate withdrawal from upcoming events, but not retirement. Everything about this case screams silent ban.

szaromir

Banned
Haas and Federer are playing - the clash of kings of variety. I've never seen anyone return Roger's second serve so aggressively to be honest.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
A bit unlucky with that net on break point. If Fed loses the day before I get to see him...that's going to really chap my ass.

On second thought, at this rate, do I even want to see him? He'll just get embarrassed by Nadal anyway.

Edit: 6-1...what a clown

Niraj

Uh, yeah. Sad to say I'd rather this Federer does not face Nadal even on fast hard court.

Exactly. This is still fucking pissing me off though, just because seeing a Federer-Nadal match would've been awesome live, even though he'd get his shit packed in playing at this level.

Reyne

bIDZss4.jpg

Now lets pray Grigor upsets Nadal tonight. :p

Reyne

I did not expect Federer to win this match after that terrible first set. Looks like Niraj gets to watch Nadal toy with Federer tomorrow after all.... unless Dimitrov have some something to say about it :p

Niraj

I did not expect Federer to win this match after that terrible first set. Looks like Niraj gets to watch Nadal toy with Federer tomorrow after all.... unless Dimitrov have some something to say about it :p

Can't fucking wait lol :(

Niraj

Are you going to both day and night sessions? What matches/who do you want to see tomorrow on centre court? I'm jealous :p

Yeah both sessions. Aside from Delpo and Fed...not sure. Probably Murray since I didn't see him last year. Last year I saw:
Fed v Fish
Delpo v Chardy
Djoker v Cilic
Raonic v Stan
Venus v Stosur
Kvitova v Pavlyuchenkova
Li v Radwanska
And just caught the end of Serena v Kerber

There were also a few delayed fourth round matches, like Wozniacki v Pavlyuchenkova

It's pretty accessible, you just pop in and out of the smaller courts. Got to see some other people practicing as well, like Djokovic, Venus, Woz, etc. It's pretty fun, and not terribly unreasonable ($60 per session for qfs). I'd def recommend US Tennis GAF to check it out sometime :)

Sorry for the late response, been driving :p

LuuKyK

Sharapova fired Connors after that one game.

Maria pls.

So basically she is going for the US Open coachless. :lol Good luck with that. Why not at least wait for it and see if there is any improvement? Though I have to admit that it always seemed like it wouldnt work out, they are both way to stubborn.

So the night matches are Fed/Nadal followed by Wozniaki/Azarenka.

I hate how organizers think it's a good idea to occasionally make the womens matchup the headliner. When will they learn?

Top Bottom