• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

scarlet

NID. She loves her dramas. I am not watching but I bet she will win the set easily, make her crying face and complain about herself even though she is playing GOAT tennis. I admire her a lot, but her attitude lately has been awful.

She's not playing GOAT tennis and she's exhausted

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
What a match! I'm so glad I was part of it :D

Glad you had fun. Pretty solid final to go to :)

Youzhny with a very impressive straight sets win. Didn't expect that at all.

Edit: And Serena with that bagel. Probably tougher for Li since she had triple break point there :/

Serena made it difficult on herself the last two matches, but she prevailed. Now she'll rest/make public appearances until the Australian Open. Hopefully she doesn't stump her toe this time

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
As much as I like Ferrer, I'm really hoping that by the end of the year the rankings are either Murray > Del Potro > Ferrer or Del Potro > Murray > Ferrer. It's becoming really awkward for one of Djokovic or Nadal to keep receiving what are effectively byes.

ghstwrld

Serena+Williams+TEB+BNP+Paribas+WTA+Championships+0nvyYvTzQ21l.jpg

Serena+Williams+TEB+BNP+Paribas+WTA+Championships+bkcMd8AKrD3l.jpg

Queen ;__;

Ridiculous how thoroughly Serena demolished the record prize money record.

I hope she doesn't wear herself out next season with this type of schedule. I have no clue how she keeps it up at her age.

szaromir

Banned
Can't argue there lol. What'd he do this time?
Just awful, awful attitude, no apparent will to try to find a way to win points consistently and going for the most puzzling shot selection + inability to execute those shots. Then he smashed his racket at 2*-2 0-15 and got booed by the crowd; then he got booed by the crowd after the match when leaving the court; he's French at a French tournament so that says a lot how much they appreciated his efforts.

Niraj

Just awful, awful attitude, no apparent will to try to find a way to win points consistently and going for the most puzzling shot selection + inability to execute those shots. Then he smashed his racket at 2*-2 0-15 and got booed by the crowd; then he got booed by the crowd after the match when leaving the court; he's French at a French tournament so that says a lot how much they appreciated his efforts.

Nothing too surprising I guess. Maybe somebody he'll get his idiocy sorted out.

MIMIC

Banned

xD

szaromir

Banned
Nothing too surprising I guess. Maybe somebody he'll get his idiocy sorted out.
The fact that this sort of display is not unusual makes him one of the biggest clowns :p
Tennis-wise I think he's got top 10 potential easily, but the attitude just isn't there.

Tsonga isn't fooling around, he wants that London spot badly. I would like to see all 3 of Tsonga, Wawrinka and Gasquet playing in London.
Ferrer, please withdraw.

Niraj

The fact that this sort of display is not unusual makes him one of the biggest clowns :p
Tennis-wise I think he's got top 10 potential easily, but the attitude just isn't there.

Tsonga isn't fooling around, he wants that London spot badly. I would like to see all 3 of Tsonga, Wawrinka and Gasquet playing in London.
Ferrer, please withdraw.

That'd be great. Hope Tsonga makes it and plays like he did two years ago, as opposed to how he did last year.

szaromir

Banned
Tsonga-Nishikori turned out to be a battle after the quick first set.
edit: Tsonga has lost and won't play in London :(

WTA's Paris indoors event poster - look at the list of sponsors (I'm not sure what to think about it):
BXr6P1MCMAEo_PC.jpg:large

John Dunbar

correct about everything
federer playing really well at the start. still expect him to go into error-mode at any moment, but it's a thing of beauty while it lasts.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
oh federer.

this has federer-nadal at cincinnati vibe to it. until late in the second it seemed federer would take it, but now he's probably losing.

Top Bottom