• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Rainy Dog

Fed's net game is the only thing that's kept him from being *completely* steamrolled.

Yep. Glad Jo finally put him out of his misery. Worst I've seen Roger play since the final against Hewiit at the beginning of the year. Truly cringe inducing at times... by that mean I was literally cringing every time Roger hit a ground stroke as they could pretty much end up anywhere today.

Still, really pleased for Jo as he thoroughly deserved this. He's been totally on it all week and looks like he's finally regained he's confidence after an overall poor year.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
federer losing another final, well i never.

Still though, I'd rather have him make finals and lose than what we got last year.

Yep. Glad Jo finally put him out of his misery. Worst I've seen Roger play since the final against Hewiit at the beginning of the year. Truly cringe inducing at times... by that mean I was literally cringing every time Roger hit a ground stroke as they could pretty much end up anywhere today.

Still, really pleased for Jo as he thoroughly deserved this. He's been totally on it all week and looks like he's finally regained he's confidence after an overall poor year.

Yeah, agreed. There wasn't much at all that was redeemable about the way he played today. I hope Jo can actually keep it up and do well at Cincinnati and the USO. It would be nice to get to see him play in Cincinnati this year. I think 2012 he got into a car accident in Toronto and pulled out, and last year he was injured. Fingers crossed :/

Rainy Dog

Still though, I'd rather have him make finals and lose than what we got last year.

Yeah, agreed. There wasn't much at all that was redeemable about the way he played today. I hope Jo can actually keep it up and do well at Cincinnati and the USO. It would be nice to get to see him play in Cincinnati this year. I think 2012 he got into a car accident in Toronto and pulled out, and last year he was injured. Fingers crossed :/

Where will this put Jo in the rankings? I'm hoping he can get himself back in the top 10 for the WTF as I'm going there myself this year.

LuuKyK

That was very disappointing from fed. Tsonga was serving well, but otherwise he wasnt really doing anthing special.

Also lol @ venus getting routined by Aga. So much for her being back.

Niraj

Well, so much for being able to see Dimitrov on Friday :( Berdych is out too, but I don't care about that :p

Bernard Tomic got a wildcard into the US-Open, and so did Jared Donaldson. I'm glad the USTA gave Donaldson a wildcard because he was on his way to winning Kalamazoo until his injury in the quarter finals.

Niraj

Federer still in...

Now watch him tank this tournament...

lol I know, I'm waiting for it. Last year really was stressful because he almost lost to Tommy Haas while I was driving down :/

He's looking pretty sloppy against Pospisil so far.

Edit: Wow, what a shitty game. Gifted that set away.

Edit2: Whew. Pospisil had two really bad service games. He definitely could've won in 2.

Niraj

Fed's putting his foot down now lol xD

Just couldn't keep it up. Wasted break points from Fed aside, I think Pospisil played better for most of the first two sets (and especially came up big on those break points). Could've easily been a straight set win. I'm relieved :p

Edit: Wow, only lost one point on serve in the third set. That's awesome.

Faith

If Djokovic wins the set, he will win the match. But I think Robredo will win in 2.

Come on Djokovic, go home. You are not deserving #1 right now at all. If he keeps playing that bad he won't win a tournament ever again.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
why couldn't the us swing djokovic show up a bit early for the wimbledon final? sigh.

this joke of a draw was an amazing chance for him to win cincy, though. going to need a ton of luck to get another one nearly as good as this one.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
federer got it done. none of the top players are playing too well at the moment, so tough to predict who will win. hopefully wawrinka won't end up stealing another masters title from fed.

Niraj

*sigh of relief*

So as of now I've got:

Serena vs Jankovic
Radwanska vs Winner of Kerber/Wozniacki
Ivanovic vs Svitolina
Sharapova vs Halep

Wawrinka vs Benneteau
Raonic vs Fognini
Robredo vs Ferrer (I'm assuming)
Federer vs Murray

Compared to the projected:

Serena vs Jankovic
Radwanska vs Kerber
Bouchard vs Kvitova
Sharapova vs Halep

Wawrinka vs Dimitrov
Raonic vs Berdych
Djokovic vs Ferrer
Federer vs Murray

Hope to see some good ones! Looking forward to seeing Fognini for the first time. Hope he does something really stupid.

Niraj

Dude just can't find his range at all. Pretty weak match from him to be honest. Once Benneteau turned it up Stan had no response. Benneteau was reading him really well.

Top Bottom